Welcome to the Family

Od strongdemilovatic

17 year-old Jessy has just woken up from a coma and has found out the last six months of her life did not exi... Viac

Welcome to the Family
Trailer!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Final)
Welcome to Artistry

Chapter 22

81 8 0
Od strongdemilovatic

A/N: The moment you have all been waiting for has finally come.  Must read to end of chapter to find out what it is <3

Ms. Silva then gets up and starts talking to the class, "now everyone. We have a few more five minutes of anything performances to go before we really dive into the text of William Shakespeare. I know that Ricky and Elly have to go. Does anyone know where they are?"

After that the comical effect of them bursting through the door gave me a good laugh. Ms. Silva then says, "do you have a pass?"

They shake there head. It's as if they have been doing this for years. I wonder if they have a progressive course like my old school where they are in class with the same kids since the start and just go to different forms of theater.

"Well guys, we are not freshman or sophomores anymore. You are seniors, I'll let this one slide since it's only the second week of school but remember, 'I really don't care' anymore." A smile immediately comes across my face and I almost can't help to laugh. Nice little pun right there, in my mind at least.

They nod with there heads leaning downwards, Ricky then sees me and gestures Elly to come sit with me. "Hey Jess, what are you doing here?"

"She's in this class, and we were just discussing today's five minutes of anything performance. Are you ready?"

They nod and I can tell by the worried forehead expression that they had both forgot. Trying to buy them time I raise my hand, "do you want me to go today Ms. Silva?"

"Why would you wanna do that, you are not prepared. Plus I think everyone knows your talent."

"I don't know. I want to be treated as an equal plus most people don't see me this intimate. I'm not really into doing acoustic shows."

She nods, seeming a little defeated. I wonder why she doesn't want me to perform. I then go to the front of the classroom and perform Mad World by Gary Jules. I really like the song and it kind of expresses how I feel right now. While I was singing, although I was in the zone I really watched other's facial expressions. Some seemed impressed, while Ms. Silva seemed annoyed.

When I was finished people clapped and I asked, "how did I do?"

"Good for a popstar. You were a little pitchy but it was good seeing I've only seen you do big songs with big notes. This was a little song with little notes so I guess you have a nice variety to you." Ouch, that kind of hurt and she's a bitch!

For the rest of class I kind of just kept my head on the table. Next I have childcare with Ms. Leonti. I personally love Ms. Leonti so much! She is this five foot Hispanic sweet lady. Apparently she runs SADD to, so that makes me kind of want to join a little bit more.

After everyone is sitting, someone asks her, "what does your husband do?"

"He's an engineer!"

"Why are you teaching then? Your husband must be bringing in loads of money!"

"Well, it's because I never had a teacher that really cared and that inspired me to be that to someone. I made mistakes when I was younger that if I had some guidance then maybe it would have turned out differently."

"What were they?"

"Well, first is that I had a child at 16."

That's sad... Nothing against teen moms but that is just really unfortunate. I mean, they have their entire lives in front of them with so much potential but they then have to dedicate the next 18 years of their lives taking care of baby even though they are the babies. Personally I just don't get it.

Right after she starts teaching again the classroom's phone rings. Mrs. Leonti goes over to it and I'm just sitting there copy down the diagram of a 'embryo' in a fetus when she comes over to me and tells me I need to go to Mr. Tessier's office and bring all my stuff. What the hell!!!

I walk back into Mr. Tessier's office once again. Why am I being called in here again? Did something happen?

"I was just in your office sir," I argued. "Why am I being called in again? Did I fail something else? Are you kicking me out or something?"

"We are waiting for another student," he simply states.

"Am I in trouble?"

He shook his head.

I rolled my eyes and mumbled, "This is ridiculous. Whatever."

I sat down in one of the chairs and slumped down in it. I rested my head on the back of the chair and waited awkwardly with Mr. Tessier. Who are we even waiting for? Madison walks in and we both stand there awkwardly. I cross my arms over my chest and Madison awkwardly holds one hand with the other. Why are Madison and I here? I started getting nervous.

"Wilmer is on his way," Mr. Tessier tells us.

Why is Wilmer on his way? I looked over at Madison but she shrugged. She seems as worried as I am. Did something happen to Dianna and Eddie? I get even more nervous wondering how long it's going to take before Wilmer gets here. Then we can at least get answers. Eventually Wilmer walks in and Mr. Tessier gives us permission to leave with Wilmer.

"You two are dismissed for the rest of the day."

Wilmer signs us out and we gather out things from our locker and meet Wilmer at the vehicle out front. Madison takes the front seat so I get in the back. I throw my backpack on the floor of the car and rest my head against the window.

"What's going on?" Madison asked Wilmer. "Are mom and dad okay?"

"Yes they are fine," he replies. "Dallas went into labor."

"She did?!"

"She's having the babies?" Madison and I both smiled at each other.

Wilmer smiles, "Yes she is. We are on our way to the hospital. Eddie and Dianna would not leave the hospital so I volunteered to pick you up instead."

"How long has she been in labor?" I asked.

"A few hours," he answers.

When we got to the hospital the nurses led us to the waiting room where the rest of the family was. I could see everybody except Dianna and Nick. Obviously they are with Dallas to help her. One thing I hate about hospitals is how long you have to wait. Everybody kept talking about what the babies' names will be and when we'll be able to see them. Truthfully, as great as this all is, I don't like sitting here. I put my headphones in my ears and started listening to music instead. I hope this goes by fast. It didn't however. After a couple hours we were all still in the waiting room. Dianna came out once to tell us that everything was going okay. She disappeared back to Dallas' room after that though.

"Do you want to get a snack?" Madison asked me.

I nodded putting my headphones away, "Sure."

"I'll go too," Demi said standing up.

We had to go back down to the first floor of the hospital before we found a vending machine to use. I wasn't hungry but I didn't want to get stares from the family so I got a coffee and a bag of chips.

"How long will it take?" Madison asks.

"There's no way to be sure," Demi answered, "But it will probably be a while longer."

We walked back to the waiting room and I ate my chips and sipped my coffee. Madison and Demi picked up a few snacks for everybody else too. Ever since the drama from the last few weeks starting to fold out I feel awkward being with the family when they are all together. Demi and Wilmer knock certain things and they keep it a secret from their parents but their parents and the rest of the family don't know anything I've been up to lately. Not even Demi and Wilmer know some things either. I have no idea how to act in front of them. Half the time I don't want to be in front of them at all. I put my headphones back on and continued listening to music. At least music makes the time go by faster.

I fell asleep on the chair because when I woke up Madison was asleep next to me. Demi fell asleep with her head on Wilmer's shoulder and Wilmer was asleep himself. Everybody else seemed to be awake, including the Jonas family. They must be too excited or anxious to sleep. Dianna suddenly burst through the doors waking everybody up.

"What's wrong?" Eddie asked her.

She smiled, "The babies are here; a girl and a boy. 11:00 and 11:30."

I looked at my phone and saw it was just past 11:30. I must have been asleep for a while. Dianna must have come to tell us the news as soon as the second one was born.

"What are their names?" Demi asked.

"Come see for yourself," she said, "Demi, Joe, Frankie, and Madison are being requested first."

I watched as the four of them went back. Dianna stayed with us and told us all about the babies. Apparently they named the girl Lauren Nicole and they want Demi and Joe to be her godparents. The boy is named Jerry Michael and they want Frankie and Madison to be his godparents. Dianna gushed about how cute the babies are and she can't wait for everybody to see them. Joe came out quickly to tell us we could all come back. I stood up following everybody else. I was the last to walk in the room but I didn't mind. Dallas looked exhausted but she was glowing with happiness and pride. She held Lauren Nicole and Nick held Jerry Michael. They're beautiful. It made me smile; the perfect little babies. Once everybody else got the chance to hold them it was my turn.

"Come here," Dallas said. "Want to hold her?"

Dallas passed Lauren to me. I carefully set my hand under her head as I held her. I smiled down at her and held her little hand with my finger. The assholes of this world that live in ignorance might call her ugly and other horrible words but she is nothing but an angel to me.

"Hi Lauren," I smiled. "You're so beautiful."

We all took a few pictures to remember the moment and I carefully handed Lauren back to Dallas. I'll never forget moments such as this one, being here to witness and hold a child in the first minutes of their life. What a miracle it is. Lauren Nicole and Jerry Michael were brought to us as of August 24, 2015 at 11:00 and 11:30 pm. I've never seen Dallas and Nick look happier. What a beautiful family they make.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

14.3K 546 31
"Be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it." This was something 15-year-old Jessy Rouleau has heard all of her life. That never stopp...
55.1K 1.1K 49
Madison DeLaGarza is Demi Lovato's little sister. Demi has been known for struggling with self harm, and conquering her addictions, but what happens...
19K 1.2K 66
Demi is a 32 years old woman, mother of 5 children and the wife of a rich bank owner. They have money and all they want to buy and get. It seems like...
32.2K 1.6K 37
Finding True Love will only come along once in a lifetime, but if you don't realise you have it then you can loose it all in a day. Since the day Dem...