An Undying Love || Clato Fanf...

By leestxr

𝙉𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝, 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙫�... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
Alternate Ending and Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 13

1.6K 20 14
By leestxr

Clove's POV:

I stared blankly at the man that stood in front of me. Anger built up inside of me as he smiled down at me. "What do you want?" I ask bluntly.

"Can't a man visit his wife and daughter?"

"Your daughter isn't here, she disappeared the day you left." I said coldly. Mum walked into the room with two teacups, a teapot and a sugar bowl.

"Clove, you're home." Mum said with a smile.

"Can I talk to you privately?" I said as I sent a glare at my father. We both walked into the kitchen.

"Mum, why is he here?"

"He just arrived and said that he wanted to talk. I thought that I would just hear what he had to say before you got home." I sighed and we walked back into the living room.

"What do you want?" I ask once more.

"I just wanted to say sorry for what I did in the past. You don't need to forgive me immediately, but I was hoping that we could be on good terms." He said.

"We'll forgive you." My mum says kindly.

"Thank you for being so kind." He says with a small smile.

"I'll let you two have dinner. Bye." He said before leaving.

"Dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes." Mum said before heading back into the kitchen. I walked upstairs and threw my bag onto my bed. As I headed into the shower, I started thinking about Cato. I can't believe that I had my first kiss with Cato Hadley. The guy every girl dreams of. A small smile crept onto my face as I thought about his soft lips. I got out of the shower and dried my tangled hair before throwing on a large grey hoodie and black sweatpants.

I entered the dining room and sat down with my mum. "You look awfully happy." Mum said as we ate.

"I guess it was a good day." I stated, not wanting to elaborate.

"What made today such a good day?" I blushed slightly as I thought about the kiss.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Did something happen with Cato?" Mum asked with a small smirk.

"No." I said, my cheeks warmed up even more.

"Clove, I know you better than that. What happened?" She said as she crossed her arms.

"He kissed me." I mumbled.

"Did you just say that he kissed you?" I nodded slightly. She came over to me and engulfed me in a tight hug.

"Aww, my baby's first kiss."

"Mum." I whined.

"I'm sorry." She said as she let go of me.

She washed the dishes and I went upstairs. I immediately laid down on my bed and fell asleep.

———————————————

I woke the next morning feeling excited to see Cato. I quickly showered and got dressed before heading downstairs. Mum had already left for work, because of some emergency, so I quickly ate an apple and headed out of the house with my bag. I practically ran to school before I heard someone call out to me. It was Joan. When she caught up to me, she bent over and took a few deep breaths before speaking.

"Why are you in such a rush today?"

"No reason." I said quickly before I continued to walk to school.

"I've never seen you so excited to get to school. Are you meeting Cato?" She asked while wiggling her eyebrows. 

"No."

"Okay. Where were you yesterday? I didn't see you at training." She asked.

"I was doing private training."

"Wasn't Fabian sick?"

"Yeah. I just trained with Cato."

"Did something happen?" She asked curiously.

"Well he kissed me." I said as if it was nothing.

Joan's eyes went wide.

"You kissed Cato. Was it good? Are the rumours true?" She asked quickly.

"Why are you so curious? You planning on stealing my boyfriend?" I joked.

"Maybe." She joked as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not sure if he's considered a good kisser, since he was my first kiss." I admitted. When we got to school, Joan headed to her locker and I headed to mine.

"Hey gorgeous." A deep voice said as I felt two arm wrap around my waist.

"Stick with Clove." I said as I turned to face Cato. He laughed slightly before he leaned down and softly placed his lips on mine. My arms slowly made their way towards his neck as our kiss deepened.

"Oi, lovebirds." Joan called.

We separated and I could feel my cheeks heat up. "Excuse me, Joan. I was trying to kissing my girlfriend." He said as I slapped him.

"Clove, you didn't tell me that you guys were so serious." She said with a devious smirk.

"Whatever. Let's get to class." I said as I held Cato's hand and started walking.

The day passed quickly, and I couldn't wait to get to training. This weird girl from my class really pissed me off today. She was going on about how Cato deserves better than me and how I look like a six year old. Of course, I had had enough of her crap and slapped her in the face, but I still needed to get my anger or somehow. When I heard the bell, I bolted out of the classroom and towards the front doors. I waited for Cato at the front doors. He takes forever to get out of school.

"Finally." I said, slightly agitated. "Let's go." I said as I started walking to training.

When we arrived, I quickly changed and rushed to the knives. I grabbed my favourite knives and started throwing. After getting all of my anger out, I drank some water and continued practicing. Training seemed to go on forever, but finally came to an end. As I finished with my knives, I felt two large hands being placed on my shoulders.

"Wanna come to my place tonight? I have some math homework that I need help with." Cato said as he kissed my cheek.

"Why don't you come to my place?" I suggested.

"Sure." He said as I turned to face him. He was about to kiss me, but I quickly put my hand on his chest and stopped him.

"Go shower first." I said as removed my hand from his  damp shirt.

He chuckles slightly and went into the change rooms. I went into the girl's change rooms and changed my shirt to a loose maroon T-shirt. Before I leave the change room, I text my mum and warn her that Cato's coming over. I walked out with my bag and saw Cato waiting for me. He's wearing his usual jeans and a grey jacket over his white shirt.

"I see you washed your hair." I said as I messed up his damp hair.

"Just for you." He said before snaking his arm around my waist and leaning down to meet my lips. The kiss didn't last long, to my disappointment, and we started heading towards my house.

When we arrived, I unlocked the door and we walked in. "Mum, I'm home." I called. We walked into the kitchen and saw my mum in the kitchen.

"How was your day?" She asked distractedly.

"It was okay." I answered.

"What about yours Cato?" She said without looking up.

"Great." She turned around and smiled at us before setting the table.

"I can do it, Mum." I said as I grabbed the cutlery from her hand. "Thanks sweetie." She said before putting the food into bowls. Cato and I set the table as mum placed the bowls on the table.

We ate quickly with a bit of talking before we headed into the living room to do homework. We started on Cato's first, because he is completely useless when it comes to math. It took about an hour for Cato to fully understand, but at least he got it in the end. After I finished some weird essay for history, I put my legs up on the couch and placed my head on Cato's lap while I read. He gently stroked my hair as he read his book for english.

"So Clover, when did you want to go on our second date?"

"Anytime." I reply.

"Okay, what about tomorrow?" He said with a smile.

"Sure." I said a I sat up.

"Why'd you move? Your head was warm." He asked with a small pout.

"So I didn't fall asleep." I said as I rolled my eyes.

I gave him a small peck on the cheek before getting up and heading to the bathroom. When I got back, Cato had put his legs up on the couch and was leaning against the armrest. Since his legs were so long, there was no room for me to sit.

"Where am I going to sit now?" I asked as I put my hands on my hips. He continued to read and gently patted his lap. I gingerly walked over to him and sat down on his lap. I leaned my back against his chest and started reading my book once more. It felt strange sitting on someone's lap, but I guess it was something that I could get used to.

It was starting to get late and I knew that Cato would need to head back home soon.

"Clover." He called in a gentle voice.

"Hmm." I hummed quietly.

"I think that I should start heading home now." He says as I start getting up.

"Okay." I say with a small yawn. We packed up his things and headed to the door.

"Goodnight my little Clover." He said as we reached the door.

"Night Cato." I said as I tiptoed and gave Cato a kiss on the cheek. He gave me a small kiss on the forehead in return before leaving.

I scooped up all of my things and headed to my room. I placed my bag and books on my desk before changing and going to sleep. I curled up under my thick blanket and thought of the way I sat with Cato. A small smile spread across my face as I fell into a deep sleep.

A/N Sorry that this took forever and is so short. This is kind of a filler, so sorry again. Thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 222 13
Cato is a typical District 2 boy. He can fight well, and he's strong. When he meets Clove, he doesn't know exactly what he feels. It's time for the r...
2.2K 13 22
What if Cato and Clove had survived? What if there had been four victors instead of two? Snow's empire was built to fall. This time there is no way...
82K 2K 23
"Oh, love. its only a little bit of fun and games." One winner, twenty three losers, who will come out on top. Or will this be the game that corrupts...
18.7K 385 49
ALL RIGHTS GO TO SUZANNE COLLINS!! We all know about the Star Crossed Lovers from District 12, but were they the true Star Crossed lovers?? This is a...