A Second Glance

By zerozaki_Zen

(Complete | Currently editing for a better read) After refusing his father to work on the same hospital in th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 12

2K 122 12
By zerozaki_Zen

"Sir, I can assure you that what I did to Levi was strictly for medical purposes," Eren explained, then he cleared his throat. He wanted the old Alpha to understand that he had no intention of hurting Levi in any way. But if Kenny doesn't buy it, then Eren is willing to pull up his professional pants and explain how a proper scuffing can benefit an Omega especially when the said Omega was under a lot of stress.

"You can't fool me brat," Kenny spit. Releasing his scent to make it clear that he is still the Alpha of the house. 

"I am not tricking you, sir," Eren said calmly, expertly keeping his instincts to compete at bay. It is one of the useful things that he learned from medical school. One must display authority but never dominating since a doctor handles several patients with different dynamics. "Levi's been through a lot, with too much stress it could lead to more serious cases. Talking him out is one of the few things we can do to help him but the effective way is to scuff him. I could teach you."

"Are you telling me that I should scuff my nephew?!" Kenny boomed. He never heard of the benefits of scuffing. All he knows that it forces an Omega to submit against their will.

"Properly sir," Eren emphasized. "Believe it or not but doctors do that all the time to Omegan patients but we don't share that procedure to everyone because things like this can happen." Eren gestured at the situation that they are currently in.

"Is that so, doc? Then please enlighten me," Kenny mocked, taking a seat on the couch, he crossed his arms and waited for the young Alpha to explain.

Eren took a deep breath. Kenny asked for it. It's time to wear a lab coat.

***

"I gather things went well eh?" Hanged smirked at the raven.

Levi stuffed his mouth with sweets as he tried to cover up his embarrassment. Thankfully, the raven was able to stop his uncle from having a wrestling match with Eren. Now the two Alphas were downstairs because he scolded his uncle and asked Eren to explain to Kenny why he scuffed him in the first place.

Then Hange came in the right time with a box of sweets that Levi badly needed right now.

"Come on, you are seriously not going to tell me what happened?" Hange nudged him with her elbow. "I didn't miss how wide your smile was when you saw me and practically dragged me here in your room."

"Eren..." Levi chewed and swallowed the sweets in his mouth. "He..."

"Yes?" Hange leaned to him with anticipation.

"He... liked me too," Levi grabbed the nearest pillow and covered his face to muffled his squeals.

Hange's squealed like a banshee at the news and hugged him, squeezing Levi in her arms. 

"Oh my god, Levi! That is great!"

Levi lowered down his pillow. "He liked me too, Hange," he repeated in a drunk state as his heart beating like drums in his chest. "We are boyfriends now."

Hange screamed but Levi can't seem to care. It is so happy that he doesn't care that he invited Hange in his room when he knew for sure that the beta hasn't taken a bath yet. Levi just wanted to share the news with someone, to announced that he is no longer single. But of course, when Hange didn't stop screaming, Levi had enough.

"Not too loud," he hit his friend with a pillow. Despite his annoyance with the Beta's deafening scream, he still found himself smiling.

"I'm sorry, but I'm just so happy for you!" Spreading her hands wide, she embraced the raven again.

Levi just sighed happily and allowed her to hug him for the second time. He never felt so happy, his chest felt fuzzy and he can't get rid of the smile on his lips. Is this what love feels like? Like every time in the world is perfect.

"But is it okay that we should leave Kenny and Eren downstairs?" Hange pulled away. "They were roughhousing earlier."

Levi was pulled back to reality. He had no idea what will his uncle react to the news. If Kenny is against their new relationship, then Levi will fight for it but he doubts that his uncle will go against it. "I guess we could check on them.

****

"That's just amazing, I didn't know, doc," Kenny said in awe. He had no idea that proper scuffing can help an Omega to such extent.

"Also, it helps children as well. Especially if they are throwing a tantrum," Eren explained proudly. He is more than happy the share his expertise with anyone. "But if the scuffing is not done properly, it can physically hurt children and Omegas."

"Oh! Medical science! I want to hear too!" Hange went straight to the couch where the two Alphas were and sat in front of them like a child excited to hear bedtime stories.

Levi was quite surprised to witness both Alphas getting along after their misunderstanding. The scent of anger still lingers in the air but it is gradually being replaced with curiosity and fascination. Then Levi recalled that Kenny is interested in science too. During those times when his uncle helped him with his studies, the old Alpha declared that he loved biology. Maybe, Kenny will accept Eren as his boyfriend now. Levi held both hands to his chest as he contained his excitement.

Eren continued explaining but his eyes drifted to Levi and the smile turned upon his lips.

Levi was simply grinning ear to ear when he felt his boyfriend's eyes landed on him. His chest flutters with joy even though he can't clearly see. He knew Eren was looking at him. But he shook his head off the cloud and prepared some tea. He was not *that* lovestruck.

Expertly moving around the kitchen, Levi prepared tea. His body automatically went to work at the familiar routine. After a few minutes, the water was boiling the teapot was full. With his happy mood, Levi bothered pulled out some bread and jam in the cupboard and placed them on the table. 

"Snacks are ready! Can you guys move your conversation here in the table?" Levi called out as he set everything.

Everyone promptly took their seats in the dining table. Eren sat beside him and with the close proximity, Levi can see the smile on the Alpha's face. He felt warm a hand reached down on his hand, linking their fingers together.

Levi can't stop smiling. Then, of course, Hange had to interrupt them.

"Eren, if you got some spare glasses for Levi. Can I have one?" Hange grinned shyly at the young Alpha.

"Why? Do you have problems with your eyes Hange?" Eren asked curiously. The Beta does wear those odd safety goggles with a regular lens.

"Well, you see-"

"Ugh," Levi groaned and took over. "You see, Eren. Shitty witch here was making some sort of experiments with her plants and for some reason her creation exploded, hitting her in the face." It was like magic when Levi was able to speak in his regular voice and choice of language. No more hiding now.

"Really?! When was that?!" Eren panicked, sensing that it could need urgent medical attention. "Is that why you wear goggles?"

"Well, yeah. First, my vision was a-ok. But I guess it started last week when my left eye can't see objects that were two meters away," Hange laughed awkwardly.

"I see, it's okay Hange. Once Levi's glasses arrived, we can list down who else in town had problems with their vision and also if any had any ailments that needed help," Eren suggested, quizzing Levi's hand on his.

"If that's your plan brat, then you needed a place to accept patients," Kenny supplied.

"Yes, a clinic would be nice." Eren nodded.

"There is a vacant lot next to the greenhouse, maybe we can ask Pixis if Eren can build his clinic there," Levi said, excited at the idea that Eren will be having his clinic.

"I think that Pixis wouldn't mind if Eren will build a clinic in his lot," Kenny added. "If it's for the greater good of the people, I'm sure he'll agree."

"Yes!" Hange cheered. "That's a wonderful plan! We'll be like neighbors!"

"That's excellent!" Eren nodded and turned to smile at Levi. The raven smiled back, feeling his heartbeat, and his instincts howling with happiness. It was like magic no matter how cheesy and repetitive the raven used that word to describe the wonderful feeling right now. Maybe Eren had contributed more. After Eren scuffed him, the Omega felt his mind cleared out and his body felt fully rested.

It was like Levi wasn't crying and feeling like shit earlier that day. The raven had been worrying for nothing -except for Erwin but that can be settled in another time. Right now, the raven will focus now. In the present and the near future.

It is a wonderful plan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 108 1
Summary The success of Eren's interprise rests on his inheritance. He knew that he'll squire it if he gets a mate and had children before his 30th bi...
57 9 3
Levi is not your regular omega he's short rude owns his own company doesn't take shit well at work at least when he's home alone he becomes this shy...
14.3K 900 10
Summary "Dad!" My daughter laughed at his father. "We couldn't solve the horoscope!" "Oh! I thought we have to solve it like those puzzles." My mate...
15.7K 939 8
Summary Levi an Omegan Trostian. The last of his kind. A rarity. He always find himself running or fighting for his life but it all ended when he got...