Hearts of Spade

By Kingkeziah

Good and bad don't mix together and if they ever mixed the results would cause a catastrophe. Much like kayl... More

CAST
Proulogue
Chapter one
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Ten
PART 2 : New Cast
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen: Fashion Show Pt1
Chapter twenty: Fashion show Pt2
Chapter Twenty one: I/You
NEW BOOK

Chapter Nine.

180 14 5
By Kingkeziah

Demetrius P.O.V.

I hated mondays because if I wasn't sleeping I had lots of case files on my table that I didn't have the energy to go through.

Since it was a new month I had to make sure that all the rookies that joined the NYPD last month are well integrated and I also had to check in with the mayor.

I needed coffee so I went over to the kitchen and there was many officers talking and laughing and as soon as I entered they all scattered back to thier desks and offices.

it always surprised me that they knew what they are doing is wrong but only do what's right when a superior enters the room.

"Demetrius there someone on the line asking for you" one of the Junior officers told me."Who is it" I ask drinking my coffee and walking to my office as he followed me.

"its Kaylib he says that he can't come in to work and wants to talk to you" the officer let me know.

"Okay transfer the call to my office landline" I told him answer my landline.

"Hey kaylib, are you okay" I asked him softening my voice. "yeah I am fine I just cant come to work today" he said and I could hear sniffling.

"kaylib it's okay take today off but I will come over to your hotel to check on you" I told him.

"thanks see you soon"he said while hanging up

"You look worried" Ramonna said walking in and sitting infront of me.

"yea I just got a call from kaylib it sounded like he was crying or something" I told her.

"Maybe he is sick or he hurt himself" ramonna suggested while grabbing my coffee and drinking it.

"wow, Anyway I am going to check on him during my lunch, do you wanna go with me or..." I asked her.

"Nah you go check on him alone both of us know you need to see him more than i do" she said with a smug.

"What do you mean" I asked her.

"just tell him how you feel because it's annoying to see you staring at him everytime he walks around here" Ramonna said walking out with my coffee in her hand.

Greedy bitch I said to my self going to the car files that I needed to evaluate and sign them before going to meet up with Kaylib.

Shes right though from the first day kaylib arrived here I couldn't stop looking at him or thinking about him and I can safely say that I have a soft spot for him and hearing him on the phone sniffing just made my heart break.

Even though I was angry that he was involved with that thug Tyler. I couldn't be angry that he lied and thats why I actually hope that the president's office takes him off the case because I dont want him anywhere near that prick.

While signing and reading through the files my landline began ringing. "Detective Demetrius Jordan, hello" I greeted. "Jordan its Wilson, I have spoken to the president's office and they have agreed to keep him on the case" he let me know.

"Okay, Why did they choose to keep him on the case" I asked.

"The ministry of justice has decided that since thier relationship had happened many years back. the chances of him falling for Raymond are slim.

"Okay so does that mean we can put him on the case again" I asked him confused. "YES Jordan put him back on the case" he spoke. "Thank you Wilson, I will let him know" I told him hanging up.

I looked at the time on my analogue watch that was on my desk and it was one in the evening and it was time for me to go on my lunch and go and also check up on kaylib.

I told my assistant to hold all unnecessary calls and divert the important ones over to my personal cell phone.

I drove to the nearest Macdonalds and got two meals for both me and kaylib before driving to his hotel that was not that far from the police department and also the Macdonald that I had just came from.

Malaysia P.O.V.

"Dont worry ladies I will cover the bill" I said flashing out the black card my husband gave me."Okay laysia we see you with them black cards" my friend autumn said.

"oh well what can I say my husband loves me" I bragged giving the waiter my card and telling him to tip himself.

"it's so beautiful to see a black couple thriving in this world" Jennifer said drinking her red wine. "I know right, Tyler and I try to show other couples that its possible to work together and have a happy marriage" I told the girls and they all nodded thier heads.

"I am happy my brother met you and grew out of his gay stage" my sister in law draya said smiling at me. "glad I could help him grow out of it" I said finishing the last of my champagne

"being gay is not a stage, It's who you are you don't choose to be you are born gay" Jennifer said.

"girl tell that to a black mother,okay" draya says. "I know I am white but I honestly don't get why yall got to be homophobic" Jennifer argued.

"okay ladies , Jenny we are not homophobic its just in black households being gay is taboo" I told her calmly.

"I swear If my son came out as gay imma sent him to a conversion camp" Kenya interjects. "to be honest I wouldn't have a issue" I said and Kenya and draya dramatically gasped while Jennifer gave me a high five.

"Also Draya you don't grow out being gay, maybe Tyler is just bi-sexual" Jennifer said. " Bitch you reaching my mans is as stright as a ruler" I defended Tyler.

Kaylib P.O.V.

lying in my bed and thinking about what Tyler had just confessed to me yesterday. I didn't even know how to feel about it because he is a married man.

On top of all that he was the prime suspect of the case that I am or was secretly working on and also I am lying to him about why I am actually back in New York.

My life was just a mess since I arrived here. Suddenly there was a knock on my door. "Go away" I yelled loud enough for whoever was behind the door to hear me.

"Hey its Demetrius open the door, please" he begged and I walked over the mirror to check how I looked before going to open the door.

It was safe to say that I looked like a mess. "Come on in, Sorry for the mess" I said as he walked him with two Macdonald's carry bags. "Cool" he said sitting the bags on the table.

"I came to check up on you." he told me. "Thanks but you didn't have to, I am not that sick just personal problems" I told him eating my burger.

"care to share" he asked eating his fries. "Nah not yet" I told him.

We continued to eat in silence while watching Netflix and we were watching blood and water. it fascinated me how much drama those high school students had.

"Anyway I had good news" he said breaking the silence. "Care to share I mimicked his voice and we laughed. "I don't sound like that" he said laughing and choking on his own saliva. "Yes you do especially when you are pissed off" I told him smiling.

"whatever bro" he said. "So what are the good news you have for me".

"So the mayor called and said that we can put you back on the case" he told me smiling.

"that's great but I actually want out of the case" I told him scratching my head with my messy hair. "Wait why" he asked me both confused and surprised. "I dont think I can do it anymore" I told him.

"okay wait how about you sleep on it and gimme your answer tomorrow" he proposed. "Ayt" I told Demetrius as I walked him to the door.

"oh you have something here" he said as he took his thumb and removed the residue of the sauce from the burger. "thanksv" I said blushing. "think about it" he said.

Trevor P.O.V

"okay so what's 7×7 equals to" I asked my daughter helping her with homework. "49" she answered quickly.

"good girl know write it down" I told her. before I could go to the next question my phone started ringing and it was Tyler.

"I am helping Egypt with homework what's going on" I asked him annoyed.

"that girls is already a millionaire she dont need education" he said . "Bro what's going on I need to get back to my daughter" I semi yelled.

"Ayt since you is tripping I will tell you tomorrow, go help my god daughter with her homework" he said and I hung up.

there were times where I felt like Tyler treated me like a employee more than a business partner.

At first I was okay with it but he started doing it regularly. I mean I love my friend but sometimes he just gets to my nerves.

I am a single father of my daughter. Her mother is alive but she doesn't have a relationship with our daughter because she ran away literally a day after she was born.

She left me for some rich rapper who is now run down .no one knows where they went to but I just hope that she doesn't come back in our lives ever again.

I am Trevor Cunningham.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 126 8
Inside
429 11 12
Kao was a first year Law student. Tay was a fourth year Business student. Both meet at an unexpected circumstances. From know to like, from like to l...
2.6K 99 6
Dylan and his little sister, Layla, recently had to move to a new house due to their Dad's new job, which means a new school which means new friends...
6.1K 374 30
I wouldn't call this a love story, because people like him can't truly fall in love.