Unexpected

By trashpandaleader

"I'm so sorry, it was unexpected. " "It wasn't, we just didn't want it to happen." More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.

18.

4.7K 86 40
By trashpandaleader

Luke

I woke up from my alarm clock. I groaned and turned it off. It was still incredibly early but i needed to bring Becky and Jack to school. So that's why my alarm ringed 20 minutes ealier than usual.

I needed those 20 minutes to wake them up because i knew that they weren't morning people.

I first got ready myself, i took a shower and put my shrubs on because i was to lazy to change at work.

I walked downstairs and saw Ashton sitting on the couch.

"You're up early." I said confused to him. He always stood up later then the rest of us because he could get ready within a minute.

"Yeah, i couldn't sleep anymore." He said in a tired voice.

I went to sit next to him. "What's troubling you?"

He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "This whole situation with Diana. I just feel so powerless. Like i know that i need to respect her decision but i also want her to change it."

I put my arm around him. "I know that this is hard for you. But you need to be there for Jack and Becky. Diana might not see how much  those kids need her. So you need to be there for them now."

He nodded. "It's just feels like i don't even know her anymore. I'm even afraid that she is the reason that Becky has troube showing her emotions."

I sighed. "Yeah, I've noticed that to."

"I'm going to talk to her about it tonight." He said firmly.

We both talked for a little longer until it was time for me to wake Jack and Becky.

I first went to Jack's room because he was very slow in the morning. But when I opened the door i saw that his bed was empty.

I immediately panicked and walked towards Becky's room, hoping that he would be there.

I opened Becky's door and immediately sighed relieved. Jack was laying next to Becky, they were both still sleeping.

I kneeled down next to her bed. "Wake up sleepy heads." I said softly.

Becky was the first the open her eyes. She blinked a few times before she realised that it was me.

She shook Jack."wake up, it's time for school."

Jack groaned while he slowly opened his eyes.
"Why aren't you in your own bed?" I asked him once he was awake.

"I had a nightmare about the closet monster." He said a bit embarrassed.

"Was this the first time you had a nightmare about that?"

He nodded.

I lifted him out of bed and carried him to the door.

I turned around to Becky before i closed the door. "We're leaving in 45 minutes."

She gave me a thumbs up.

I walked Jack back to his room. I needed to talk to Ashton and Diana about this nightmare problem. But it would probably have to wait until tomorrow when he had the check up.

I also said to Jack that he had to ready in 45 minutes.

I walked back downstairs and waited for them to ready.

Jack was the first one downstairs. He bounced around the kitchen. He definitely was happy to go back to school.

Becky came downstairs 5 minutes before I was planning on leaving.

"Are we leaving?" She said in a tired voice.

"Yes, after you've eaten something." Ashton had told me multiple times that he was scared that Becky didn't eat enough so i wanted to make sure that she did.

She looked at me annoyed and grabbed an apple. She took a big bite. "Can we go now?"

I gave her a big smile and nodded.

The carride was pretty silent. Jack was playing a game on his phone and i was pretty sure that Becky was still sleeping.

Jack and Becky went to different schools which i thought was kinda odd.

I first dropped Jack off. He went to a pretty nice private school.

"I thought that you also went to a private school?" I asked once a saw Becky's shitty school.

She let a small laugh." Nah, they didn't want another screw up that would ruin their perfect school records."

Before i could say anything she stepped out of the car.

"Have a good day." I said to her but she was already to far away.

Becky

It was only 3th period but i was already bored as fuck. Maddy was also bored, she was looking out of the window while she chewed on her pencil.

"You wanna get outta here? My parents aren't home." She said a smirk on her face after the class ended.

"Definitely." I said with a big smile. I didn't care about my mom finding out, she didn't care about me anyways.

We drove to Maddys house, her house was quite big. Her parents owned their own company which meant that they were often not home. She did have an older brother but he was in college.

Maddy didn't really like being home alone so she always had people over. Her parents did call her everyday but that doesn't really make up for the fact that they weren't there.

Maddy stole a bottle of whiskey from her dads cabinet while i grabbed 2 glasses. We walked to her room and sat down on the floor with out glasses.

"So how's the new house?" She asked.

"The house is pretty nice. I only wished that that my mother didn't ruin it." I said while i sipped my drink.

"Why? Is she depressed again?"

I shook my head. "Worse, she has cancer but she's refusing treatment."

"Shit man, that's really fucked up."

I sighed, "yeah it is."

My phone rang before Maddy could say anything back, my mother was calling me.
I took a deep breath and answered the phone.

"What do you want?" I said annoyed.

"I would like a explanation why you're not in school right now. I just got a call from the guidance counselor that you missed his appointment because you're absent."

I had totally forgot about that stupid appointment.

Normally i would've atleast tried to make up a exucuse but i didn't bother to make an effort for her.

"I didn't feel like going so i ditched." I said without any emotion.

"Were are you right now?" She sounded angry.

I looked over at Maddy over, i didn't want to bring her in trouble. But she nodded and  whispered "You can tell that you're here."

"I'm at Maddys house."

"I'm coming to get you."

I hang up the phone after she had said that. I was so fucking mad at her. Now that she didn't work anymore she suddenly felt the need to stalk me.

"You in trouble?" Maddy asked worried.

"Probably but I'll talk myself out of it."

I said goodbye to Maddy, she promised me that she would call me or that we would atleast talk about my mom tomorrow.

I went to sit in front of her house, my mom didn't need to go inside Maddy's house.

Within 10 minutes her car pulled up in front of the house.

I took a deep breath, trying to prepare for the shit she would say to me.

I stepped in the backseat so that i didn't need to see her face.

"Were do you see yourself in ten years?" She asked in a strict voice.

I sighed, she was trying to make me feel guilty about what i did but i wasn't going to let her.

"Alive, unlike you." I said with a smirk.

I could tell that she didn't like that comment.

"Atleast i have accomplished something. People will visit my grave when I'm gone. People will remember me. Who is going to remember you when you're gone?"

I let out a small laugh. "What makes you think that i care about that?"

I could feel that she was smiling even though i couldn't see here. "You're right, how dumb of me. You don't care about anything. That's why you're failing school and have almost no friends. You don't even care about yourself, i mean look at all that fat."

I looked outside the window. She always said the same things when she was mad at me. I didn't bother me anymore.

She stayed quiet after i didn't reply to her little speech.

After a minute of silence i spoke again. "You've never told me the real reason." I said in a soft voice not wanting to make my mother angry.

"What are talking about?" She asked agitated.

"You never told me the real reason why you don't want treatment. You've only said that you don't think it's worth it and that false hope shit. But i know that there's more behind it."

"You're not ready for the truth." She said wihtout any hesitation.

"I deserve to know the truth." I said almost yelling.

"You're not the one who decides that." She said while she parked her car in the garage.

"Fuck you"

"Excuse me?" She said offended.

"You heard me." I said while stepped out of the car.

"Go to your room."

I didn't reply to that. I kicked my shoes off and almost ran upstairs, happy to be away from her.

"I don't want to see you out of there until it is the next morning!" She yelled as i slammed my door shut.

I didn't mind staying here all  night as punishment for skipping school. It was better than being grounded or something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

take it By A

Fanfiction

903K 16.1K 52
"Don't fucking touch her!" "You're never going to let her grow up and take it, will you?"
for her By A

Fanfiction

545K 12.2K 50
"I'm doing it for her and I can't even be home to fucking kiss her goodnight" "You have to remember the end result"
81.4K 1.7K 41
"so you're sending her to me, keeping in mind that she doesn't know me, because you want to travel for work?" "precisely!"
78.6K 1.2K 33
"roll up your sleeves and prove it then." "i can't."