Kingdom Hearts 3: Dragon War...

By GrimstoneRX1300

After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight agai... More

Basic Info
Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE
Chapter 1: STRENGTH OF A HERO (OLYMPUS)
Chapter 2 : REGROUP AND RELEARN
Chapter 3: LAZY AFTERNOONS (TWILIGHT TOWN)
Chapter 4: OLD FACES
Chapter 5: FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 1
Chapter 6: RAPUNZEL LEARNS THE TRUTH (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 2
Chapter 7: VERUM REX (TOY BOX) part 1
Chapter 8: A TOY'S TRUE HEART (TOY BOX) part 2
Chapter 9: POWER OF LAUGHTER (MONSTROPOLIS) part 1
Chapter 10: A HYBRID OF MONSTERS (MONSTROPOLIS) part 2
Chapter 11: SILLY OLD BEAR (100 ACRE WOODS)
Chapter 12: THIS SONG ALWAYS BOTHERED ME ANYWAY (ARENDELLE) part 1
Chapter 13: A SISTER'S LOVE (ARENDELLE) part 2
Chapter 14: LEVI (CARIBBEAN) part 1
Chapter 15: DEADMEN TELL NO TALE (CARIBBEAN) part 2
Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP
Chapter 17: KEYBLADE HERO 4 (SAN FRANSOKYO) part 1
Chapter 18: BAYMAX'S HEART (SAN FRANCISCO) part 2
Chapter 19: A RESCUSE FROM HELL (AQUA)
Sora and Arc's powers.
Chapter 20: WAKE UP (VENTUS)
Chapter 21: NEW/OLD DARKNESSES
Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1
Chapter 23: THE ONE WINGED ANGEL (FUTURE CITY) part 2
Chapter 24: RAGE AWAKEN (TERRA)
Chapter 25: FALLEN TWILIGHT (AZRAEL AND XION)
Chapter 26: THE CONNECTION (ROXAS AND NAMINÉ)
Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 28: THE FACE UNDER THE HELMET (REMNANT part 2)
Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 30: RYŪJIN SHINKŌ MEZAMERU (REMNANT part 4)
CHAPTER 31: BATTLE OF GODS (REMNANT part 5)
Chapter 32: A SPEEDY RECOVERY (REMNANT part 6)
Bonus Chapter: TALK AND LISTEN MEETING
Chapter 33: DIVIDE AND CONQUER (sorta)
Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)
Chapter 35: DON'T DEAL WITH THE DEVIL (INKWELL ISLE part 2)
Chapter 36: WE ARE SOLDIERS (HALO REACH)
Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)
Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)
Alternate Opening
Chapter 40: INKY PAIN (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 1)
Chapter 41: ANGELS AND DEMONS (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 2)
Chapter 42: THE LAST REEL (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 3)
Chapter 43: THE ONLY PUMPKIN KING (HALLOWEEN TOWN)
Chapter 44: OF DRAGONS AND RIDERS (ARCHIPELAGO)
Chapter 45: LEGENDARY WARRIORS (VALLEY OF PEACE)
Chapter 46: A HORSEMAN AND GUARDIANS (LAND OF BELEIF)
Chapter 47: CONSEQUENCES TO KILLING A GOD (MIDGARD part 1)
Chapter 48: THE CYCLE ENDS HERE (MIDGARD part 2)
Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)
Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)
Chapter 51: NORMAL (MIDGAR part 1)
Chapter 52: A HORSEMAN'S PERFECT WORLD (MIDGAR part 2)
Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH
Chapter 54: KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 55: LIGHT AND DARK CLASH (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 56: SCALA AD CAELUM (Final Battle part 3)
Chapter 57: MY NAME IS LEVI
Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

Chapter 37: DIVING IN TOO DEEP (PLANET 4546B)

275 2 3
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene shows the Wayfinder trio exploring a ship. The location of the next item brought them to Future City. Specifically, the museum. Unlike other museums, not only does it contain history from their world, but from dozens of other worlds as well. The team found themselves in the international space exhibit with a rocket space program called "Altera." They then used the PDA there that transported them to a specific portion of the world identified as Planet 4546B.

Terra: anything?

Aqua: nothing. We checked this whole area from top to bottom, but there's no sign of the item.

Ventus: and we checked both those islands here, but there's nothing except for a giant cannon on one of them, and an abandoned base on another. Where else can we go?

Aqua: (checks the phone) according to this, the signal's coming from about...(adjusts it) 1700 meters deep.

Terra: then that means it's in the water?

Aqua: apparently. But, from the looks of it, we need to get down there by a certain point in order to gain that much depth.

Ventus: let's head to the shallow ends and find out where we might find one.

They get on their gliders again and headed away from the ship. Once they were close enough to shallow waters, they dived in. Like Caribbean, their magic enabled them to breath underwater and use almost all their magic. They saw various coral and plant life around them, as well as sea creatures that wouldn't be found in the average ocean.

Aqua: it's beautiful here.

Ventus: and amazing! Look at all the animals! Man, Arc's gonna be angry when he finds out we came here before him.

Terra: I'm sure he'll be fine. (Beat) c'mon, let's look for a way deeper.

Nodding in agreement, they started to head where the mountain island is. At first, most of the wildlife left them alone, minus the Bonesharks, Stalkers, Ampeel, and a few minors. But then we're encountered by Heartless and they had to fight them. As one Heartless was about to get them, it was suddenly grabbed by a giant serpent creature that was white and red and mandibles that could easily penetrate a submarine.

Reaper

It kills the Heartless, but then starts to pursue the trio. Seeing this, they started swimming away from the beast, but it roars and tries to grab them. Seeing this, and used their magic to blast it right in the face, causing it to become dazed and swims away.

Ventus: that was terrifying! What was that!?

Aqua: I remember seeing something about that in the museum. It was a Reaper class Leviathan.

Ventus: it definitely fits the name. How do we deal with that?

Terra: it looks like if we attack it directly, it'll back off. But just incase, let's avoid it as best as possible. Let's go before it comes back.

They swam around and started going for the south side. There, they arrived underneath one of the islands that held Crab Squids, and abandoned base, and more Heartless. They took them down and soon came upon a green fog that was at the bottom of the sea floor.

Ventus: (sees radiation warning) careful, guys. This area's toxic. We should avoid the fog.

Aqua: agreed. But, what is this place.

Terra: one of the exhibits referred to something called the "Lost River." If we're right, this should lead us deeper to where we need to go.

Aqua: (notices something) heads up, boys. We're not alone.

They approached a lower area where they see the bones of a Gargantuan Leviathan. (A/N: seriously, we only saw 1/3 of it, so it extremely large)

Above that, was an eel-like creature with yellow eyes, a hammerhead shark like head, a soft bioluminescent skin that glowed blue, and an ear piercing roar that sounded like the scream of a banshee.

Ghost Leviathan

Terra: that looks deadlier than the Reaper.

Aqua: we have to move carefully to avoid it.

Ventus: (sees something) that might be harder.

The Heartless appeared again and they were forced to fight. The sounds were enough to attract the ghost and without another thought, the three immediately swam away as fast as they could. They saw another ghost, but casted reflect to stop it from head butting them. They then struck it a few times and swam down below until they were farther away.

Aqua: I think I can say I officially hate this place.

Terra: yeah. With the wildlife here, it's no wonder they put one of the items here.

Ventus: and now we're in a volcanic like area.

True to his word, the three had found themselves in the inactive lava zone where there was a rock formation that resembled a castle. Checking the depth meter, they saw it was above 1000, so they were close to their destination.

Aqua: we're close. Let's look for a way further down.

Ventus: hope the others are having better luck than we are.

Terra: me too.

They were mindful of the lava, but their magic was all that was protecting them from being boiled alive. Of course, their troubles weren't done as they see a Reaper about to catch them. They were ready to fight it, but was beaten to the punch when a Leviathan with green skin, purple strips, large teeth and claws, and squid like arms catches it with its jaw and drags it down to an area in front of the castle.

Sea-Dragon

Seeing the chance, they follow down to the lower level and found the dragon dragging the reaper right into the active lava zone and into the lava with it. It later remerges with the body burnt, but still intact as the beast takes it to eat it.

Ventus: am I the only one who thinks that's both cool and terrifying?

Terra: na. Arc would agree if he was here.

Aqua: yep. (Looks around) okay, there's two around here, along with minor Lava lizards. If we make a break for it, we should be able to get into that facility.

Terra: alright. When a say mark, swim like hell.

They wait for a bit, then spinning their Keyblades fast enough to swim straight towards the structure. But of course, they were caught off by a fallen Leviathan that was corrupted by Heartless

Terra: I'm really sick and tired of these things.

Aqua: me too. (Fighting stance) let's end this!

Ventus: all for it.

They fought the beast with magic, shot-locks, and even links to help destroy it. They spent a few moments battling it, until Terra finally finishes it off with his cannon mode and Aqua and Ven powered it up with their blades. It was soon over and they swam inside the building.

Ventus: (panting) I think...that was...the most swimming...I've done in years.

Terra: (panting) yeah...next time...let's go somewhere with...less monsters.

Aqua: (panting) we'll get the item...after this break.

They took a moment to rest and drink some cool water to help rehydrate and looked around the facility. They learned that this was a lab that contains the rare Sea Emperor Leviathan. It states that thousands of years ago, an alien race called the Precursors came here, but carried with them an alien virus called the Kharaa. They attempted to cure it, but the experiments with the Sea Emperor failed, and they had no choice but to close off Planet 4546B and developed defense technology to keep ships from landing here. And to ensure that there were no survivors, they also developed the Warpers to hunt and destroy any Kharaa carriers.

However, thanks to a survivor of the Aurora, they found the emperor, cured the disease, and disabled the cannon. So, they later found the containment cell where they kept the emperor and found that the item's in there. They dived in and at first were surprised to see some of the creatures here, but calmed down when they saw they were docile. They were then greeted by the spirit of the former Sea Emperor Leviathan.

Sea Emperor: it has been so long, since I have seen others like you. But you're far different from the others. Your hearts, are filled with great light...but also great darkness. You've lost it all by that darkness... But something's changed. The choices that will come, will alter their fates. Whether the victory is light or dark... his decision...shall set up their fates.

The vision fades and they found the item. And, as a bonus, a new Keyblade.

Creeps from the Deep (Arcturus)
Form change: Predator Claws (a pair of claws that hold fast attacks and help provide agility to high areas. Can later transform into propulsion/repulsion cannon that can pull enemies in and fire back at the target.

Ventus: got it!

Terra: nice.

Aqua: we should head back to the others and check with their progress. Also, let's agree to never come back here again.

Terra and Ven: agreed.

They exit the world, and use their gliders to head back to Disney Town. Only two items remained, but to achieve them, it'll require a bit of a confusing timeline. But as they were walking out, something falls out of the book. Aqua notices it, and picks it up to see an old photo.

Aqua: Terra, Ven, come look at this.

Ventus: what is it, Aqua?

Aqua: (shows the picture) you guys recognize this?

Terra: (looks closer) that's Mickey and Oswald.

True to his claim, there was Mickey and Oswald, but younger than they are now. Besides them was a female mouse, Felicity, and their parents, the origin King and Queen. But what was very interesting, was there was a missing piece. This makes them more curious as to what this means. Even more so, was the small writing on the back.

THEY LIED AND BETRAYED ME

Author's note: I love this game.
I've seen a lot of survival games, and played a couple, but out of all of them, I enjoyed Subnautica and Below Zero the most. At first, I was having trouble writing in on how this could be in, but when writing this plot, it sparked some ideas.
With the location, the team can comeback whenever. Arc will definitely have a field day with this one.
The Sea-Emperor passage is hints for the end of this story. How they saw her was the same as she's seen when communicating telepathically.
We've almost got all the items. Arc and RWBY will get the last two, then we'll transition to the Twilight Town gang and find out what's been happening in the machine.

Next chapter: a speedster and two hedgehogs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256 4 18
after the keyblade war the door to kingdom hearts is sealed shut. every keyblade in the universe and all the darkness is sealed away forever. the leg...
20.5K 327 19
After the events of Kingdom Hearts 3 and KH3 Re Mind, Sora awakens floating in the middle of the ocean while hearing a battle take place. Wanting to...
15.2K 184 124
Time of the Keyblade Final Mix Kingdom Hearts 3.5 Dragon War Final Mix Knight of the Storm Final Mix Parts 1 and 2 Arcturus Farron's journey through...
2.3K 87 16
(Book 3) After Kirihax was brought into the Organization with Roxas, her life changes and so is Roxas's. However, their lives changed even more when...