inevitable - draco malfoy

By sunflowermalfoy

for what should I do here, Like a decaying flower, still withering Under his bitter words, whose kindly heat ... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
A/N
chapter forty five
chapter forty six
chapter forty seven
chapter forty eight
chapter forty nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one
chapter fifty two
chapter fifty three
chapter fifty four
chapter fifty five
chapter fifty six
discontinued

chapter twenty six

8.6K 185 110
By sunflowermalfoy

thank you so much for 1k reads! unfortunately I won't be able to update until wednesday after this, which isn't too long i just usually like updating every other day or so :)

Draco had been acting a lot differently since becoming a member of the inquisitorial squad. Not only was he being even more of an arrogant prat than usual, but he was barely speaking to me. I didn't know whether he was doing this out of respect for me asking for space or out of spite because I had argued with him. Either way it had given me a lot of time to think and reflect, and I still didn't know what to do.

Harry hadn't brought it up to me too much however the tension was incredibly high whenever we were all in the presence of one another. My biggest fear was that Draco would go back to Pansy, however that fear was yet to come true.

Harry was constantly nagging about the inquisitorial squad, but every time I asked him why it bothered him so much, he fell silent. I knew that whatever he was keeping from me had something to do with it and I knew Draco had an idea of what it was.

"Of course it's Malfoy and his goons in the inquisitorial squad, they fit right in alongside Um-bitch." Harry mumbled into his cereal as we sat at breakfast.

"You haven't broken any rules so why does it matter?" I bit back. I assumed he thought I was sticking up for Draco which is why it became so awkward but in reality, I simply urged to know what he was doing behind my back.

"They're just suck ups, that's all." Harry continued as Ron and Hermione fell silent with wide eyes. 'So are you' I thought about saying however kept my mouth shut. Harry and Draco actually shared a lot more in common than either of them would like to admit.

The day passed as slowly and as boring as usual before I found myself laying in my bed once again. It felt like my life had no spark when I wasn't with Draco, but I was scared in case I was just being overdramatic. I lay awake, unable to sleep. Thinking about the same boy who's constantly on my mind. I began wondering if he was still wearing my ring, worrying about if he'd moved on or if he no longer cared at all.

It was a long night of overthinking before finally falling asleep a few hours later. Only, this wasn't a positive thing.

As I fell deeper and deeper into my slumber, dark visions began appearing in my mind. I couldn't quite make out any images, more of a feeling. I felt claustrophobic and scared, my heart was racing like crazy as I felt like I was in serious danger. When all of a sudden, a vision of a ghost like figure was a daunting look on his face faded backwards into nothingness and I jolted up awake. I recognized this man's face however my brain couldn't but two and two together.

I glanced over at Tracey to see her fast asleep and I didn't want to wake her when I couldn't even describe my nightmare out loud and at this point, I was beginning to feel like a nuisance to her. Her and Blaise were doing so well, and I constantly felt like I was dampening things when getting upset to her.

Without thinking twice, I stood to my feet and began walking out of the girl's dorm. I knew exactly where I was headed however I couldn't stop myself no matter how many times I cursed myself under my breath. I paced through the common room before jogging up the stairs and making my way to the door at the end of the corridor.

I didn't bother knocking but rather hopelessly wished it wasn't locked. If it was locked, it probably would have been a better outcome for my own mental sake however – it was open. I quietly opened the door and snuck myself into Draco's room.

He was fast asleep in his bed, so I tiptoed over and slipped under his duvet trying my best not to wake him up. His mouth was still agape with smalls snores escaping every so often and I nuzzled my head into his chest and brought his arm around my back.

Once again, I felt comfortable and safe. Draco and I weren't even on good terms and he still made me unbelievably happy when I was around him. After a few moments, Draco began running his fingertips up and down my back, comforting me even more.

We stayed in comfortable silence for a while even though I knew he was awake. I began tracing my fingertips against his bare chest and watched as goosebumps soon appeared from my gentle touch.

"I missed this." I breathed out heavily and honestly. I began to see no reason for holding my feelings in. If Draco was so bad for me, how did he make me feel so euphoric?

"Me too." Draco mumbled back before kissing the top of my head.

We didn't share anymore words that night as I fell asleep in his arms, peaceful as ever.

The next morning, I slipped out of Draco's arms before he awoke. I was still yet to make my mind up however it was quite clearly leaning towards going back to Draco. I couldn't picture anyone else ever making me feel the way he does – it was such a foreign feeling when he first began to open up to me. I had never really felt appreciated or adored before and the way he did it was on another level.

The day passed quickly, Draco didn't ask any questions about the previous night as I had been with Harry and Ron all day. I made my way to the library on my own after dinner as I wanted to take my mind off of everything for a while.

I picked out a fiction book and began reading it, making myself comfortable at the back of the library. Unexpectedly, the novel began to turn to romance about 100 pages in causing me to roll my eyes and slam the book shut. I put my head in my hands for a few seconds, attempting not to scream out of frustration before standing up and deciding to call it a night.

The castle was surprisingly quiet for a few moments, but I soon heard some commotion from down the hall of the library. I furrowed my eyes brows and followed the noise, but the noise soon came to me.

My eyes widened at the sight of Draco, Grabbe and Goyle holding a few students by the collar of their shirts, wand pointed at their heads.

"Draco, what on earth are you doing?" I shouted, but he simply pushed passed me. Soon enough, Umbridge followed the group with Ron and Harry in her grip. I didn't want to make a scene to Umbridge, so I ran back up to Draco and grabbed him on his arm, but he shoved me off.

Umbridge passed me not giving me a second look. I furrowed my eyebrows and followed them all the way to Umbridge's office, standing outside waiting for this to be over with so I could get some answers.

Soon enough, Umbridge walked out of the office with Harry and Hermione. I glared at them both as they gave me a smile that was clearly masking a worried expression and continued walking away.

After around ten minutes, I heard some shouting alongside some laughing and Draco, Crabbe and Goyle all came running out of Umbridge's office, fear ridden all across their faces as warts began growing on their faces quickly. I furrowed my eyebrows before quickly realizing that Fred and George must have tricked them and couldn't help but giggle to myself slightly also.

I stood to my feet and finally entered the office, furrowing my eyebrows and crossing my arms when everyone noticed me and fell silent.

"Would anyone like to enlighten me of what the bloody hell is going on?" I said harshly, everyone looking down to their feet. "Ron?"

"Well- you see, the thing is..." Ron began but couldn't find the right words.

"Ron!" I snapped in a demanding tone.

"Harry's been teaching us self-defense spells, all of us." Ron mumbled quietly, everyone looking at him angrily.

"What?" I said in a small voice. Why the hell would he keep that from me? If he wanted to protect me, surely, he would teach me how to protect myself.

"That's why you caught me with Hermione. She was tutoring me." Cormac butted in, I had barely noticed his presence as he hadn't crossed my mind in a while.

Before I could snap completely, Harry and Hermione entered abruptly. Both of their faces falling when they saw me stood in front of them.

"Harry- "I began but he soon cut me off.

"I have no time to explain, Amelia – there's danger at the ministry." Harry spoke quickly.

"Then I'm coming with you." I fought.

"No, you're not." He said, almost laughing.

"You have no choice." I spat, stepping forward as his face finally softened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 11.5K 83
In a world where life never became fair, tears were endless and pain was normalised. For a man, a felon - Death Eater, Belle's graciousness blew in...
15.7K 364 37
~𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟-𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐮𝐦 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮�...
1.1M 19.6K 49
"Good girl." WARNINGS: - lots of mature themes (smut) -violence -Toxicity Highest rankings: 1 on Dracomalfoy 1 on malfoy 1 on dracolovestory 1...
497 33 27
When strong emotions meet a dormant line of ancient magic that was thought to of gone extinct resurfaced along with the Dark Lord, everyone is on edg...