Astrid

By JeromeLePoulet

When Alpha Andrew Alexander Silvis discovers his mate after her parents death, she is not what he expects at... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Astrid
Chapter 2 - New Beginnings
Chapter 3 - The Birds ate the Bees
Chapter 4 - Royally Screwed
Chapter 5 - His Favourite Worst Nightmare
Chapter 6 - Burning Bridges
Chapter 7 - Trivial Feelings
Chapter 8 - All the Stars
Chapter 9 - Much More Sinister
Chapter 10 - I am Alone, I thought
Chapter 11 - White Flag
Chapter 12 - Things fall apart
Chapter 13 - I say goodbye because this is forever
Chapter 14 - The Last Supper
Chapter 15 - The Academy
Chapter 16 - Dr. von Habsburg
Chapter 17 - The More I Know The Better
Chapter 18 - Hi, School
Chapter 19 - Allies
Chapter 20 - Are you Nancy Drew?
Chapter 21 - And They Were Roomates
Chapter 22 - The Sleep of Reason
Chapter 23 - And Nothing But the Truth so Help Me Goddess
Chapted 24 - Revelations
Chapter 25 - Puppy Love
Chapter 26 - Contemplation
Chapter 27 - Back to Reality
Chapter 29 - The Afternoon Snack Club
Chapter 30 - Sex and the Alpha
Chapter 31 - Acceptance
Chapter 32 - Solemn
Chapter 33 - To the New Luna
Chapter 34 - Maturity
Chapter 35 - Dreams do Come True
Epilogue

Chapter 28 - Meet Me in the Bathroom

8.1K 263 26
By JeromeLePoulet

Astrid was sitting across from a calm looking Dr. von H, his full last name was too tiresome to pronounce.

The old man had called her aside after dinner and Astrid knew what he was going to tell her.

     "Astrid, do you know why I called you in here?"

     Well duh.

     "I have an idea."

     "You've made significant improvements over your course here and I'd hate to see that derailed by frivolous rumors."

     "I mean I did kiss him, but that was all."

     Why would you say that?

     Dr. von Habsburg cleared his throat and shifted in his seat, obviously uncomfortable by what she had just said. He wasn't there to play therapist.

     "Regardless of the validity of these rumors I want you to assure me that you'll stay on track. I know you hate it here Astrid, and I want to make a deal."

     Now she was intrigued.

     "A deal?"

     "Yes, if you continue to excel this semester I could recommend to your mate that you need not come back next year. But that's only if I continue to see significant change in your behavior."

     Astrid tried to stay calm but on the inside she was bursting with excitement. She could have a normal senior year with her friends. Prom, graduation, all of that was within her grasp. She just had to stay out of trouble for a few months.

     But would it be worth it?

     Pierce was her closest friend, her confidant, and now he has a mate. There was no way they could hang out nearly as much as they did before. And her other friends sucked. Not once did the text her to ask where she had been. They just let her disappear.

     "I'm not so sure I have anything to go back to."

     The Dean looked at her puzzled.

     "Well surely you must have someone to go back to. According to your records you seem to have been very popular at your old school."

     Astrid huffed and crossed her arms.

     "Well out of all of my so called friends I've only talked to one, and he's now the mate of Achilles. So no, I'm not sure I have something to go to."

      He raised his eyebrows. "Oh Achilles found her mate? I must call her in later to congratulate her-" He stopped his rambling once he realized that he was at a meeting for Astrid. "Right, well I know you don't like it here and it seems that you don't like it there. If I were you, I'd find a place to like before this year ends. You need to find a place with your people."

     "Well I don't necessarily hate it here. Maybe in the beginning, but not now. Although, with these rumors I may find a new reason to dislike it."

     "Then let's rethink this deal. You find out where you want to be and I'll help you get there. If it's at the academy then you're more than welcome to stay, but if it's elsewhere I won't tie you here."

     "That's not what you said all those months ago."

     "You're a different person now and I have no doubt in my mind that once this year is over you will be ready to be a Luna."

     It began as a chuckle and then progressed into full blown laughter. Astrid wasn't becoming a Luna any time soon. Her pack skills were still abysmal, even if her fighting improved tremendously.

     "If that's the case then I might have to stay another three years."

    "As long as you're willing to put in the work I don't see why not."

    "Why not? I don't even know what my own needs are, what my own feelings are. How am I supposed to be a Luna if I'm still unsure about my own mate?"

     "You will. I can guarantee you that." He looked down at his watch before looking at Astrid again. "I have another meeting now, it's time for this discussion to end. But Astrid don't take my advice lightly. I've been here a long time and I've seen things that you have yet to understand."

~~~{     }~~~

The next day at lunch, Astrid could tell Ophelia had something to say. Her leg was bouncing and she kept opening and closing her mouth as if trying to figure out the perfect sentence.

"Just spit it out Ophelia you're making me anxious." Astrid shot her friend an annoyed look.

"Sorry I was waiting for you to bring it up. So is it true? Did you fuck your alpha?"

Astrid rolled her eyes. The picture was a kiss, there wasn't even tongue. People were getting creative these days. Or maybe desperate for some action.

"Must you be so vulgar." Astrid paused to take a sip of her drink before she continued. "I didn't fuck him, I kissed him. There wasn't even tongue, it was just a chaste kiss."

"But isn't he like 40?"

Astrid cringed at that. He was really old.

"He's 36."

"Same difference. He's old enough to be your father."

More like my father's friend.

"Whatever it was a one time thing."

Ophelia was quiet for a second before she continued again.

"What happens when you find your mate? What happens if he finds his mate? Oh my goddess does he have a mate? Are you having an affair with Alpha Silvis?"

Oh my goddess.

"It was just a kiss! And no it's not some weird affair. Gah, you should stop reading those YA books they're messing with your head."

"Is he hot at least?"

"I don't know he's old. It doesn't matter it was a one time thing like I said before."

Ophelia was quiet for a while, the gears in her head turning to find a plausible explanation. Once she found one here eyes grew wide and her mouth dropped. She quickly grabbed Astrid's arm and dragged her towards the nearest bathroom.

"Hey, I'm not finished with my lunch." Astrid protested knowing that their lunch period was ending soon.

Ophelia ignored her and checked under the stall doors to make sure there weren't any listeners. The tea that was about to be spilled was too hot to leave the room. For safe measure, Ophelia locked the door.

"You're his mate."

Astrid looked at Ophelia as if she was crazy. Should I tell her?

"What are you talking about?"

"You're Alpha Silvis' mate. It all makes sense. At first I thought you were incapable of liking someone, but it's because you're spoken for."

"You think he's my mate because I haven't crushed on a guy?"

Ophelia rolled her eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"We're surrounded by hot shirtless guys all the time and you're the only one who never says anything. Even Achilles has made a few comments and she's incapable of human emotions."

"And if he was my mate?"

"If he is then what are you still doing here? You have a rich, powerful guy at your beck and call and you slum it with us? I would've 'accidentally' gotten pregnant years ago. You have to secure that bag."

      Astrid looked at her dumbfounded. "I'm still underage, remember? No one is getting pregnant anytime soon. Accidental or not."

     "Whatever you know what I mean."

     The bell rang and Astrid groaned; she would no longer be able to finish her lunch.

     "You owe me Ophelia. Big time."

     "I'm sorry, I couldn't contain my excitement. You're a Luna."

    "Not yet." Astrid mumbled, not wanting to explain the details of her love life or lack thereof. "What you heard here today will never leave this room."

     "Of course. Pinky promise."

     The two girls locked pinkies and left the bathroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 7.8K 12
Luna's have gone extinct. Since birth, you could smell a Luna who was going to one day meet their Alpha mate from miles away. Everyone had forgotten...
893K 20.4K 19
Her mother died when she was eight her father couldn't Handle it. He started drinking. You can guess the rest. He's been searching for his mate what...
795K 15.2K 36
I wrote this book a while ago, I don't like most of what's written here. So if you're here to criticize, please don't😏 She flinched and moved back a...
638K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...