Hues in Love (COMPLETE)

By ariksbell

"๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ, ๐ˆ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ฌ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ง ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ,"... More

I.into the unknown
II.onward home(?)
III.used and abused
IV.getting to know
V.the deal
VI.nightmare
VII.baby, it's cold
VIII. arrival
IX.first morn
X.the puppet master
XI.furthermore
XII.playing assistant
XIII.godforsaken woman
XIV.rock my world
XV.nightly swimming
XVI.lousy scheme
XVIII.taking her fishing
XIX.get out this instant
XX.torturing the saint
XXI.out of desperation
XXII.moving on
XXIII.virgins
XXIV. sealing the deal
XXV.where are you going?
XXVI.double surprises
epilogue

XVII.What I want to come home to

1.8K 130 5
By ariksbell

Time flew by fast. Agatha couldn't imagine her staying here in Texas for over four months now. Meaning, two months more until...

Agatha shook her head, erasing her train of thoughts though to tell you the truth, her dreading over the fortification decreases as time goes by.

Not that Agatha is eager to get on with it. It's just that, somehow, along the months that went, she has learned to trust Genesis with all her heart and soul.

Believing he wouldn't hurt her like...

"No, no, Genesis' different," she murmured, biting her inner cheek.

Despite times blowing fast, Agatha still couldn't sleep well at night. Every now and then, she would wake up, sweaty, grasping the sheets, wide-eyed, gasping for air.

In an instant, Genesis would hear her crying, and would always comfort her. "Hush, now, sweetheart, it's okay," were the words he kept on saying and saying. His hands smoothening her hair, his thumb brushing away his tears.

Lifting her head from his shoulder, her arms encircled around his neck, "I kept dreaming about it, Gen, please, make it go away," she said, sobbing.

Tucking her fiery hair behind her ear, tipping her chin, their eyes meeting, "Tell me, sweetheart, what happened back in Cedarburg?"

At his question, Agatha's eyes went downcast, as if ashamed to even talk about it. "Did they hurt you, Agatha? Honey, please, you gotta tell me," he further asked, running his fingers through her hair.

Still, Agatha did not answer until Genesis let out a sigh, putting the discussion on hold again for he promised not to force her.

Instead, he just kissed her forehead and wrapped his arms protectively around Agatha until Agatha went into slumber.

She has been to Texas for quite some time now yet she still couldn't forget what happened in Cedarburg.

Lord knows Agatha badly wants Genesis about it for she knew Genesis is not like Mrs. Jennie Leroy, he wouldn't judge her and put the blame on her.

Agatha knew that for sure but somehow, at the back of her mind, she still has so many what-ifs. What if he won't accept her for what happened in Cedarburg? What if he'll be disgusted even at the sight of her?

She just couldn't handle it, and so, she shut her mouth, hoping he wouldn't find out the truth.

Oh, how Agatha felt sharp stabs at her heart every time she seeks comfort from Genesis, knowing he'll never look at her the same again as soon as he ascertains what she was crying all about every night.

Agatha in the days that followed would always accompany Genesis whenever he's going to feed the animals.

Her task includes petting the cattle, naming them though Genesis doesn't know it or so she thought.

Genesis, all could ever do shake his head, suppressing a grin, watching as she pets the cattle, naming them such strange names for animals.

Napoleon, Moses, Athena, and she even dared to name the other Jesus.

Agatha was also in-charge of milking them since she asked him to teach her how to even before they reached the ranch.

Genesis carried the buckets filled with fresh milk in his hands, corners of his lips twitching up in pleasure as Agatha told him the states of the cows, her tongue sometimes slipping the names.

She panicked for a second, her eyes wide but Genesis pretended not to hear it which she seemed relieved.

As soon as the feeding session was finished, Agatha would go back inside the house to clean, sew, or even to cook a meal.

Genesis kissing her in the forehead was always done whenever he would go back to the farm, Agatha blushing as she lifted her hand, waving.

"Take care, Gen," she would always say.

"You too, sweetheart," was his constant reply.

Every night, Genesis would come home, tired, Agatha cooking supper, Genesis slumped down into the couch, his eyes droopy, his muscles aching.

Agatha always brought him a glass of water as she asked him about his day.

However, tonight was different though Genesis was, as usual, still tired.

Agatha eyeing Genesis sat in the elongated couch, she fetched the brown wooden stool in the corner of the drawing-room, carrying it before him.

Eyes closed, Genesis managed to open one eye, peeking at her, rewarding her a lazy smile in which she returned.

Agatha sat down in the stool, smoothed her skirt, and before Genesis could register what she's about to do, his foot was on her lap, her fingers began messaging it.

"Hmmm," exclaimed Genesis.

"I ho-hope I'm doing all these ri-right, I've never done this before," she uttered, lifting her head for a second.

Eyes still closed, grinning, he replied, "You're doing great, honey, just more on my right knee, oh, hmm, there you go,"

It went on like this for minutes, Agatha messaging his feet rather than his knees. His eyes closed.

Agatha let out a surprised shriek when he felt him scooping her up from the stool before she knew it, he was cradling her in his lap.

Chuckling, their eyes still playfully fixed upon each other, Genesis adjusted her skirt, hiding her ankles.

"A little wa-warning next time, Gen," she uttered, throwing her head back, laughing.

His hands rested on her thin waist, steading her, her hands on his shoulders, messaging him, his shoulders shuddered.

"I don't know about you, sweetheart but I like surprises," Genesis sardonically exclaimed, his lips traveling over her throat.

After Agatha's fingers were tired from massaging his shoulders, she found herself slumping against his chest, his arms around her, playing with her untied hair, Agatha still sitting in his lap.

Agatha could hear the beating of his heart in this position, grinning, she lifted her head from his chest.

"You're so beautiful," Genesis murmured, his lips breaking into a soft smile, his sincere eyes traveling across her beautiful and awestruck face.

Agatha blushed but this time, she did not break their eye contact.

Her pale fingers tracing his scar on his left temple, Agatha planted a kiss there, causing Genesis to shudder.

"Where'd you ge-get this?" She asked, her finger still tracing the angry-looking scar.

Shrugging, "I was twelve back then, my owner cut me in there when I forgot to bring enough logs one winter," he answered in the most casual voice.

Frowning, Agatha shifted her eyes from the scar to his breathtaking eyes. Agatha forced herself not to let her tears betray her once again for she knew Genesis wouldn't like the sight of her tears.

The last thing she wants is Genesis thinking she pities him. If anything, her admiration towards him rose.

"You should've killed him in his sleep," Agatha murmured jokingly, her eyes twinkling.

Genesis chuckled at that, Agatha feeling the vibration, her finger remained in his scar, absentmindedly stroking it.

"Don't worry, sweetheart, I already killed the man in my head in different ways about a million times," he replied, lightly pinching her nose.

At that, the two of them stared at each other. Their lips curled into smiles, their eyes filled with adoration, their hands over each other, their faces only inches apart.

With that, Genesis' eyes went to her plump lips, there, he found himself leaning towards while Agatha sat there, glued in her position.

Just when their lips were about to collide, Agatha moved her head in a different direction, his lips landing on her earlobe.

"I'm so-sorry, Gen," she whispered, biting her lower lip, feeling guilty and angry at the same time.

Guilty since she can't even kiss him knowing he has been nothing but loving to her and angry at the same time for why can't she just let what transpired in Cedarburg go? She needs to move on.

"It's okay, sweetheart," replied Genesis, his lips still on her earlobe. His voice filled with genuine understanding, not a hint of anger.

Agatha at what he said wants to cry down because she just can't believe a man like him truly exists.

Then, he held both her cheek, kissing her on her temple, "Come, the supper's getting cold,"

Agatha thought the whole evening might be awkward but it wasn't. Nothing changed. I was as if nothing happened back there.

They laughed and laughed over supper. Genesis suggests they should go picnic tomorrow and all.

With that, Agatha knew she really didn't regret coming here to Texas with Genesis, a man she barely knew at the start but has grown attached to now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 1.6K 27
Amanda, would never have thought that she will end up married to a stranger not to mention over a one night stand she barely remembers. She is now fa...
319K 18.4K 58
Two stubborn people. One secret. An unwanted union. And God who put them together. When Jack and Perli marry, there's no doubt that at least one of t...
553K 32.4K 36
With three weeks left as a bachelor Cairo and his groomsmen think it's a good idea to take over the streets of Las Vegas. Let loose after a stressful...
222K 11.1K 25
To all readers old and new, this story will be soon taken down and re-written. Thanks for all the support. As soon as it is re-written, I will be s...