Dead and Not Buried

By makeandoffer

Leah Preston was a normal 17 year old girl, until she wakes up and finds herself staring at her own lifeless... More

Dead and Not Buried
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The day i died.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- My lifeless body.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Parties, Ghosts & Ex-Lax.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Misleading text messages.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- 'Nothing about me is pea sized'
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The boyfriend.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- 'You don't have to touch me'
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Feeling my presence.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Little white lies?
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The Haunted Cafeteria.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Naked arguments.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The night it changed.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The morning after
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Invasion of privacy
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Laughing fits.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The ride home.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Talking it through.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Not playing fair.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The best friend.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- A slut, or a murdering hoe?
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Didn't know she had it in her.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Pool parties and the killer.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Denial.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Getting the plan together.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Slip of the tongue confessions.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Oakley Lake.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Watching my death.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk-To pull this off, you need to be crazy..
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Under questioning.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Final Goodbyes.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The Light (FINAL CHAPTER)

I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Psychic Ruth.

487K 17.3K 7.7K
By makeandoffer

“Jared I think about it, it’s worth a shot.” I almost pleaded. He still had a calm look on his face, but his tone of voice was speaking to me like I was a child. The patronising prick.

“Leah, there is no way I'm reducing myself to going to see a psychic.” He said psychic like it was a swear word. I sighed in frustration at his stubbornness, and apparated out of the car and to the driver’s side. I flung open the car door with my mind.

“Jared, stop being a child and get out.” I demanded. He just sat in his seat with his arms crossed, not following my instruction.

“I am not going in there Leah.” he said, firmly. He sounded like a child refusing to follow their parent’s instruction and having a strop. I rolled my eyes, growing seriously pissed at his lack of co-operation.

“I would go in on my own but I’m sort of dead and invisible, so I'm going to ask you one last time, get out of the car and come inside.” I ordered. He turned his head to me, and smirked.

“Or what?” he challenged. I grinned devilishly, and I immediately saw the panic in his eyes as he saw my expression. He knew me too well. The car suddenly jerked forward, almost sending him through the windshield. He screamed.

“So, would you rather stay in that car, or come inside with me?” I asked again with fake innocence.

“Fuck you and your mind power shit!” he almost yelled at me, climbing out of the car and slamming the door shut. I gave a triumphant smile. As we walked towards the caravan/shed thing, I could hear him mumbling bad words under his breath.

We were stood outside now. Jared unwillingly knocked on the door.

“I swear if she gets out a crystal ball, I'm leaving.” He informed me.

“If she gets out a crystal ball I have the perfect place to insert it. You might not like it though.” I told him. He scowled at me, and turned his head to the door. I could see the corners of his mouth tug upwards though.

The door opened, and stood before us was a pretty, smiling woman. She must have been in her mid 30’s, with dark brown hair. She looked nice enough. I don’t see a patterned scarf around her head, so not quite the psychic cliché.

“Hello?” she smiled at Jared. So she couldn’t see me?

Jared didn’t say anything and just stared at her like she was a freak. I cleared my throat, trying to give him the hint to not be so rude and reply. He rolled his eyes.

“Alright?” he asked finally.

“Yes thank you. Please, come in.” She said, moving out of the way. We walked into the room, and as I looked around I was quite surprised. I didn’t see any weird looking charms or symbols, or a small table in the middle of the room with a crystal ball. Not my idea of a psychic’s home at all.

I suddenly realised I was being just as prejudice as Jared. I cursed myself.

Me and Jared stood by the door, and she walked over and sat on the sofa in the middle of the room, I suppose waiting for Jared to join her on the sofa opposite where she was sat so they could talk, or séance or whatever the hell their meant to do. Jared however didn’t move, and just stood by the door.

“I'm glad you decided to come and see me. I'm Ruth, and you are?” she asked politely.

“Can’t you just guess Psychic Ruth?” he mocked. Then, feeling my hateful glare on him, he told her his name.

“So, Jared, what can I help you with?” she asked him, still smiling.

“Well, I was hoping you could predict my future?” He smiled sarcastically.

“Jared stop being an asshole!” I hissed at him. I heard Ruth give a soft laugh.

“Your friend really seems to put you in your place.” she chuckled. We both shot our heads to her; even Jared’s mouth was hanging open a little.

“You can see her?” he asked in disbelief.

She shook her head. “No I can’t, but believe me I can feel her energy. It’s so powerful it’s almost impossible to ignore.”

Jared scoffed “You have no idea just how hard it is to ignore it. Believe me, I’ve tried.”

I scowled at him. Ruth’s smiled widened, and she gestured her hand to the empty sofa opposite hers. “Please, sit”

Hesitantly, Jared walked over to the sofa, and slumped down on it, leaning back comfortably with his legs spread open. I rolled my eyes as I sat next to him.

“Slob...” I mumbled, and he flipped me off.

“I thought you psychic people were meant to see ghosts?” he asked, a bit rudely.

“We don’t always see them; it’s rare to see a spirit. But we can feel their energy, and what they are feeling” she told him, still not getting offended by his rude tone. “You’ve obviously come here for answers?”

“Yeah, could you tell me who wins the football tomorrow night?” he asked her.

“Jared!” I warned him. He looked at me innocently.

“What? I have big money on that game!” he protested. I rolled my eyes and tried to stop myself from choking him.

“Your friend was murdered, am I right?” she asked, and again both of our expressions were of pure shock. Well, she’s pretty good I can’t deny that. Jared nodded slightly, still with a face of amazement. “Tell me what happened Jared.”

He sighed, sounding frustrated to have to explain a very long story. Jared being Jared, always found a way around it. “I’ll give you the short version, basically Monday night Leah was murdered, she doesn’t know who by because she sort of blacked out you could say, and now I'm the only person who can see her ghost. Even though before she died we hated each other.”

Ruth nodded her head, taking everything in.

“From the vibe I'm getting, it sound like she’s an ex girlfriend of some sort?” she asked, unsure.

We both snorted with laughter.

“Over her dead body” he shot back. “The vibe you’re probably getting is the fact that we fucked a year ago, and cos I ditched her the next morning we suddenly had to hate each other. But she is still clearly hot for me.”

I sneered “The only thing that would make me hot over you Mercedes is seeing you jump in front of a truck.”

“Believe me, the vibes I’m getting are a lot more than that.” Ruth told us, gazing between me and Jared. Yep, she could definitely sense I was here.

“Well, your vibes are on the fritz then.” he told her “Anyway, can you just tell us who killed her so she can go into the light and stop haunting my ass?” he leaned in close to Ruth, and whispered “Which she still clearly wants” not quite low enough for me not to hear it.

I ignore his remark. I didn’t agree with his choice of words, but basically he had asked the right question. She stayed quiet for a few minutes, and then shook her head slightly.

“I don’t know who killed her.” She told us. Jared exhaled slowly.

“Well, you really were helpful-”

“That’s not the question you should be asking” she cut him off. We both looked confused. “The question you should be asking is why you are the only person who can see her.”

I was taken aback by this. This is not the reason I persuaded Jared to come here. I just wanted to find out who killed me.

“Go on then.” He prompted her.

“Have you two ever heard of soulmates?” she asked.

“Yes, unfortunately, I’ve seen twilight.” He shuddered dramatically. “You mean that type of shit yeah?”

“Not quite. You see, every human being has a soul.”

“I wouldn’t be too sure of that. Living proof next to me.” I said. She smiled slightly, Jared didn’t even react.

“Anyway, once the body dies, the soul should move on to the next life. There are a few rare occasions where the soul stays on this earth because of unfinished business. This seems to be the case with Leah.” She gestured towards where I was sat.

“No offence lady, but what the fuck does this have to do with soulmates?” he asked.

“Everyone has a soulmate. There are some unfortunate cases when the two souls never cross paths in their lives. Most of the time however, the souls find each other. And once they do, that’s it. One soul will be drawn to the other like a magnet from that moment on. Even when the soul has left the body, like Leah’s has, it will still find its mate.”

I felt my mouth go dry as I processed what she has just said.

“So you’re trying to tell me, the only reason I can see her, is because she is my soulmate?” he asked slowly, like Ruth was a little crazy. Ruth nodded her head, still smiling. She was a nice lady, but I automatically hated her for even suggesting this whole soulmate bullshit.

A few more seconds of me and Jared obviously going over this in our heads, then...

“No freaking way!” we both yelled. Our heads turned to each other and we both narrowed our eyes at one another.

“I know this must be hard to understand, I can sense the feelings you two have towards each other.” She told us.

We both snorted with laughter, then both muttered “Yeah, Loathing”

“Stop doing that!” we both screamed at each other. I sighed in frustration.

“This just proves my point, you two are soulmates. Haven’t you noticed just how similar you both are? The reason you clash so much is because you are basically the same person.” She said.

I scrunched my face, offended by this. I was not like Jared. He was a heartless slut. I mean yes I was bitch and he was a Jerk, and we both had a temper, and we both seemed to think the same thing half the time and have the same opinions about things and...

Oh shit.

“Listen lady, I barely believe in love okay? Soulmates is just a little too farfetched for me.” Jared leaned forward. I could tell he was getting agitated by her words, because as he said this he kept pointed at her.

“I know you’re skeptical about this Jared, but with everything that’s happened lately, shouldn’t you have a little more faith?” she challenged him. “Before you saw Leah, did you believe in ghosts? “

He sneered “The only thing that girl made me believe in is hell.”

“Oh please asshole, I’m not going to get offended by someone who has not only caught STD’s, but created a few of his own in his man-slut career” I shot back. He turned his head to me.

“In that case, you should probably get yourself checked. I’ve been inside you remember?” he replied, smirking.

“Can’t say I do remember, that worm you call a dick didn’t really leave a lasting impression you big tosser!” I yelled in his face. He turned his head to Ruth.

“Do you do exorcisms?” he asked hopefully. I scowled at him.

“If she does we should probably get to have a crack at your boxers.”

“Wow, this is turning more and more into marriage counselling...” Ruth muttered under her breath. “Look, you two clearly have a lot of resentment towards each other, but no matter how much you scream, yell and throw these digs at one another, you can’t deny this. You two are soulmates, how else do you explain the fact that you’re the only person who can see her?”

This shut us both up. I stared at the floor, not wanting to believe it. It couldn’t be true, not Jared.

Jared on the other hand, stared at her, I think expecting her to shout ‘HAHA psyche’ any second, but she didn’t.

“We best get going.” He murmured. He pushed himself to his feet, and as did Ruth. I saw him look at her awkwardly, obviously not knowing what to say.

“Do I have to pay you or something?” he asked unsure. She laughed softly.

“I don’t take money, I have a proper job. I just want to use my skills to help people.” She replied.

“Um...Okay...Thanks I guess” he finally choked out. She smiled, aware of just how hard it was for him just to say thanks. I mean, didn’t even want to come in here, I forced him to.

He gave her a quick nod goodbye, and walked towards the door. I got to my feet and went to follow him.

“Leah, could I please talk to you alone?” she asked. Me and Jared stopped to stare at her in confusion. “I just want to tell you something.”

Jared looked at me to make sure it was okay, and I nodded my head.

“Il wait by the car.” He told me, then walked out and closed the door behind him. I turned to Ruth, who was staring in my direction but not actually at me.

“I can sense you’re hiding things from him Leah.” She said. I sucked in a deep breath. “You can’t deny it, he is the only person who can see you and touch you.”

I shook my head violently. “No, it was a one off. It can’t be him. It fucking can’t be!” I knew she couldn’t hear me, but I felt the need to argue anyway.

“I can sense you’re in denial, but think over what I said, and I know you will realise it makes sense. You will both eventually have to come to terms with this.” she said softly.

I didn’t want to think over what she said. She just added more to my plate of things to think over.

I suddenly regret ever coming to this crystal ball wielding bitch.

 ===

VOTE and COMMENT  please i would love you for life!

thank you for reading :) xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Molly By Reignbow

Mystery / Thriller

5.9K 254 50
Kalahni Taylor wants nothing more than to stay in Miami with her boyfriend, Dominic, and her best friend, Veronica, but she can't. With her mom's job...
183K 13.6K 41
*WATTPAD FEATURED FEB 2018* *2018 FICTION AWARD WINNER IN SCI FI CATEGORY* Leah Azemar's soul has been sent to the world of the dead. She just doesn'...
976 34 26
Mona Washington (OC), an 18-year-old high school student is obliged to find out who murdered her best friend Tarni McGavin, with a little help from f...
1.6M 67.1K 36
Death should be calm, death should be peaceful, death should happen when you're old, but death doesn't ask for an age and death doesn't care who you...