The Unbreakable (Ghost #3)

By Grimmy27

After an eventful year, Lia and Blake go back to college, eager to get away from everything. But they're not... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 2
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 39

3.7K 146 6
By Grimmy27

Blake

Aiden and I are setting up the gym in my and Lia's new house while Tyson and Ashton are assembling the furniture upstairs. I wish I could do it myself, but I'm not exactly skilled in the art of DIY.

Lia is the artsy one of us two.

Luckily, I managed to order the gym equipment and have it delivered here in merely a few days. It cost me a bit more, but it's worth it if it helps us move in here sooner.

"Does Lilli know that you're setting up a gym for her?" Aiden teases after a while.

"Of course she does. It's not like I tried to hide it. – I chuckle - The house is thirty minutes away from both San Francisco and Berkeley, so it's not like we can drive back and forth just to work out. And the basement's big enough to fit everything we need." I explain as I assemble the rack for strength and weight training. Aiden is working on the smith machine, putting up all the weights I got.

"Boy, this is some high quality shit. I'd love to have something like this at my place when I move out of the clubhouse." Aiden whistles in appreciation at the brand new stuff.

"Only the best for my girl."

"That was cheesy." He laughs, shoving me playfully.

"I know." I grin proudly.

Lia's brother only shakes his head at me, but I just shrug. I know the guys like to tease me for being whipped, but it's not like I care about it. I am whipped and I'm not afraid to show it.

As I work on the rack, I hear Tyson's phone ring on the bench by the wall.

"Tyson! Phone!" I yell out to him.

"Got it!" He calls out, almost running down the stairs. "Where is it?" I point to the bench, where Tyson's phone rings again.

"It's Lia, you could've picked it up."

"It's not my phone." I chuckle, getting back to working on the rack.

Tyson only laughs as he picks up the call, instantly putting it on speaker. "Hey little mouse, what's up?"

"Hey dad, you guys okay?" I frown at Lia's worried voice.

"Yeah, we're good, why?" Tyson glances at us confusedly, looking as lost as I feel.

"Blake texted me to come... I'm already here but I don't see your car."

"Wait, we didn't hear you drive here."

"Hold on, where are you? I'm in Berkeley." I feel panic surge through me. I didn't text her!

"Baby, I didn't text you anything. When did you get the message?"

"Blake? Wait what? Where are you guys? I got the text an hour ago. It sounded urgent." She says and I can almost see the frown that's undoubtedly etched on her face right now.

"I never sent you anything, kitten." I say in pure panic.

"Little mouse, where are you?" Tyson demands sternly.

"In the elevator." Lia states, sounding eerily calm.

"Little mouse, I think someone got Blake's phone and lured you into a trap." Tyson frantically searches his jacket for keys. "We'll come and get you, okay? Stay put." He orders, getting a cruel chuckle from my girl. But it's her next words that send me into frenzy.

"I already guessed so. And I'm looking at him right now." With that she hangs up, sending me into a full-blown panic attack.

"Fuck! We need to go there!" I rush upstairs then out of the house to Tyson's truck, only waiting few seconds for the guys so I can lock the doors, before we all get in the car. Tyson drives like madman to Berkeley, probably breaking dozens of laws on the way. I stay quiet, trying to calm down enough to deal with this the right way. I don't know what's going to happen.

I just know I have to get to my girl.

Lia

"I'm staring at him right now." I tell my dad before hanging up the call. I stand still at the front door to our apartment, staring blankly at Declan, who's nonchalantly lounging on our couch.

"You don't look happy to see me, sunshine." He smirks smugly.

"As if you don't know why." I retort, getting inside and locking the door behind me.

"Come on, don't be so cold, sunshine." He chuckles humorlessly, picking up his drink from the table. I use this moment to glance around the room, looking for anything out of place.

There doesn't seem to be no one but Declan here.

"How did you get Blake's phone?" I question, folding my arms over my chest.

"It wasn't that hard. – I'm slightly surprised that he actually answers – He and those three idiots didn't even see me breaking into the truck. It was almost too easy, but worth it. I got to see you. Alone." He laughs manically, like the psycho he is.

"What do you want?"

"I need to bring you to my uncle. – I arch my brow questioningly – I know you figured everything out. I heard about your reveal at the Ring. It was brave, I'll admit, but it complicated everything for us!" He gets up from the couch and stomps towards me, raising his hand to hit me.

Asshole should've known better.

I grab his arm before it can even reach me then twist it behind his back, kicking the back of his knee to make him kneel on the floor. "You're getting predictable, dickhead." I sneer, pulling his arm tighter until I hear it snap.

"Fuck! Let go!" He wails in pain as I twist his broken arm painfully. I'm fucking done playing his games.

"Where's Patrick?!" I growl, stomping on his ankle with my heeled boot, enjoying his grunts of pain.

"I don't know."

I can only scoff. "Of course you do, asshole. Now tell me where to find him!"

"I'll never say." I smirk. He slipped.

"We'll see about that." I taunt with a chuckle. He has no idea what he's in for.

Without further ado, I get him in a choke-hold, strangling him until he passes out, falling limp in my hold.

Patrick! That son of a bitch. He's taunting me. He's showing me that he can get everywhere. That he can get to me whenever he wants.

Idiot.

He made a mistake. I'm not afraid anymore.

I drag Declan's limp body further into the apartment and look for something to tie him up with. Unfortunately, when the guys cleaned up the place, they took literally everything from here.

Guess I have to improvise.

I take off my belt and wrap it around Declan's arms behind his back. I also kick his side, for good measure. With the dickhead immobilized, I decide to check the apartment to see if there's anything here.

It takes me a while to mentally prepare myself to walk into the bedroom. Last time I walked in here, I was met by Razor's decapitated head hanging from the ceiling.

I hope I won't find anything bad this time.

I take a deep breath and slowly open the door. Here goes nothing.

And again, the sight in front of me is not pleasant. I barely stop myself from running out of the room.

There's a body on the bed.

Razor's body.

Cut into pieces.

Mauled beyond recognition.

I wouldn't even know it's him if it weren't for his clothes, wedding ring and... the lack of head.

Don't let that fucker get to you. He's just playing with you.

I stand there in the room, too stunned to move. I barely hear the door opening and heavy footsteps coming my way. Before I can even react, I'm being turned around and pulled into a big warm chest. I recognize the body as my dad, who's comfortingly stroking my head, keeping me engulfed in a warm embrace.

"You're okay, little mouse. You're okay."

"We need to get his body so it can be buried. – I state emotionlessly – I don't want anyone to find him here."

"Of course." Dad quickly agrees.

I pull away from dad's hug then glance back at Razor before turning to dad again. "Declan's in the living room. I broke his arm and tied him up. He knows something, we need to make him talk." I tell him, getting a short nod in response.

"The guys are taking him to the truck to get him to the clubhouse. I called Gunner, he's getting his guys ready to question the fucker." Dad informs.

"I want to be there too. I'm going to beat the truth out of him. I've had enough of his sick games!" I snarl, clenching my fists tightly so I don't hit anyone. I'm beyond angry right now.

I'm fucking hungry for blood.

Patrick is a dead man walking.

But there's another thing pissing me off.

Declan.

He gave in too easy. He used to do kick-boxing, it shouldn't be as simple as twisting his arm to immobilize him.

He didn't struggle and it's extremely suspicious.

Something's up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 64.9K 61
What do you do when the school's biggest player asks you to be his fake girlfriend? What do you do when you start having feelings for him? Lia is ba...
118 0 30
A young girl with a troubled life runs into someone she never thought she would. Love brings out secrets in one another but is brought to a halt...
367 6 20
Emily is in her last year of high school. Everything is going good in life, until her parents get a divorce. She finds out her dads deep secret and I...
37.5K 3K 32
Sequel novella to You Are the Shell to My Tortoise ----- Nolan and Chelsea go through their first year in college as high school sweethearts, finding...