Mikrokosmos (BTS Reverse Hare...

By KazeDancer

Soulmates are a worldwide phenomenon that occurred after a baby was born with a name on her wrist in 1856. A... More

Word of Fore
I Get Lifechanging Pills (I Swear I'm Not Taking Drugs)
I Have My Cake and Eat It Too (All Seven Pieces)
Akari's Marks
The Day BTS Fans Weep in Sorrow
I Guess I Better Download Duolingo Then
BTS's Marks
The 8 Simple Steps to Take If Your Soulmate Is Famous
My Uterus Kills Me and I Meet My Soulmates
I Trick a Guy Named Jake and BTS Plays Gawi, Bawi, Bo!
BTS Is Illegal and I Become a Secret Spy
BTS's Marks-Part 2
Chocolate Makes Everything Better (Except the God of Destruction)
Polaroids, a Muscle Bunny, and the Avengers
Airports Are Overrated and Some Fans Are Just Crazy (Also, Where Is Australia?)
Two Truths and a Lie Is Better Than Twenty Questions
Q&A and Fun Facts About Mikrokosmos
I Mean, Have You Seen Their Horns?
Fate Plays to Win and Taehyung Might Be a Genius
Abraham Lincoln Fails Me and I Contemplate Why I'm the Way I Am
I Just Wanted to Find the Washing Machine (Can Sleeping Be My Job?)
Music Is My Soulmate
Jet Lag? Buy It Here! (Who Decided I Should Be Near Makeup?)
Lamb Skewers, a Cracked Phone, and Backstage Vibes
In Which I Lose My Mind (Chandeliers? Seriously?!?)
In My Defense, It Was Either Murder or a Hook-Up
You Need to Calm Down (You're Being Too Loud)
Bonds and Star Trek, a Match Made in Heaven
Panicking Soulmates and Restaurant Discussions (With a Dash of Sleepy Cuddles)
Peace and Serenity (Obsession)
I Kinda Wish I Wasn't One Call Away This Time
Breakdown in the Bathroom

Clinics and Crying (Baby, What's Wrong?)

9.5K 364 138
By KazeDancer

_______________

"Did you just fall?"
"No, I was checking if gravity still works."
~The Internet~
________________

Sejin suppresses a shiver as a cold feeling spreads through his body. He glances around him, checking to make sure there was nothing suspicious. Everything looked normal.

So, why did he feel like he made a horrible mistake?

"Is everyone here?" he asks one of the crew members. A sweet smile spreads across her lips.

"Yes, everyone is here," she replies. Sejin thanks her before motioning for the driver to get ready to leave.

It isn't until everyone arrived at the hotel that it hits him.

Where is Akari?

~o0o~
(Meanwhile, at the airport)

I let out a grunt as I try to bat away the bright light shining on me.

"Get away," I mumble, covering my eyes with one of my hands.

"She's awake now," an unfamiliar voice says. "I'd recommend avoiding excessive technology usage for a day or so. Have her take one of these pills every six hours for two days."

"I don't know her though! She just passed out in front of me!" I'd heard this voice before. I vaguely remember this one. It belonged to that kid I was talking to.

"Dan? What the hell did you get into!" An angry voice berates the kid (Dan). I blink my eyes open and pull myself up. I was laid out on a medical bed in what appeared to be a mini-clinic.

Three people are standing around my bed. One of them is a doctor who is scribbling something down on a clipboard. The other two people are both teens—one female, one male. The girl looks like she is fourteen, while the boy looks around twelve or thirteen. They both share bright, vibrant jade eyes.

"Ah, I'm sorry. It was my fault," I tell the girl, trying to assuage her worries. "I got pushed over and slammed my head against the floor pretty hard. I'm assuming I have a concussion?" I direct my question to the doctor.

"Not exactly. While you did hit your head, I think the actual cause of your unconsciousness is due to a syncopal episode. If you do have a concussion, it's light enough to not even be considered a grade one or mild concussion. As long as you follow what I said, you'll be fine in two to three days."

"What's a syncopal episode?"

"It's commonly referred to as fainting and has multiple causes. The most likely one is due to hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar." The doctor flips a page on his cardboard and continues. "I checked your blood sugar, and it's extremely low."

"Oh," I let out a quiet sound of surprise. "Will I have to take any medicine?"

"Yes," he nods, "I'll be giving you some glucose tablets. They're a bit stronger than usual, so you only have to take one tablet every six hours for two days."

Tapping his pen against his clipboard, the doctor adds to his previous statement. "I do recommend getting examined at a hospital when you can. While the hypoglycemia could be because of your eating, it could also be due to something else."

"Thank you, Doc." I swing my legs over the bed and make a move to stand up, only to stumble forward. I manage to right myself before I end up sprawled across the floor again.

The doctor carefully runs his eyes up and down my figure. "And drink or eat something with a lot of sugar. That'll help for right now."

Giving him a nod, I straighten my clothes out a bit, so I don't have that rumpled look anymore. Smiling, I hold a hand out to shake the girl's hand.

"Hi, I'm Akari Bennett."

She eyes my hand cautiously but decides to shake it.

"I'm Amy Cahill and this is my younger brother Dan." I smile gratefully at the both of them.

"Thank you for your help, Dan," I tell the kid. "I really appreciate it."

Dan's pale cheeks quickly flush red at my words of gratitude. He directs his gaze to the ground, shyly twiddling with his fingers.

"Ah—it was no problem. I'm glad I could help."

"Miss Bennett?" The doctor's voice interrupts us. Turning my attention back to him, I'm greeted with a bottle of pills. "Here, this is the medication you will need to take. Do you have anyone to drive you home?"

I freeze at the question. I'm currently on a completely different continent and by myself. The only bright side to this situation is that English is the language that's spoken the most here.

I grab my phone from its place in my pocket and turn it on. At least, I attempt to turn it on. I'm greeted with the sight of a dead phone screen.

I give everyone a sheepish grin before I tuck my phone back in my pocket.

"Do you guys have cabs here?"

_____________

The doctor ended up only charging me around thirty dollars for the bottle of medicine. Other than that, I didn't have to pay anything which was a huge relief.

Dan and Amy had offered to introduce me to their guardian Nellie and see if she could take me to where I needed to go. That's currently where I am right now—being cross-examined by Nellie.

"What's your name again?" she questions me, the suspicion obvious in her eyes.

I can't really blame her. I'd be suspicious too in her situation. A random stranger passes out, is conveniently stranded, and then asks for a ride?

Yeah, that sounds like the start of some horror movie. Or the person sounds like a drug addict.

"Akari Bennett."

I shift my weight nervously. I didn't particularly want to try getting a taxi. I mean, I guess I could wait for my phone to charge and call an Uber.

"Why not?" she mutters to herself before she shrugs, turns around, and starts walking off.

I hurriedly snatch up my bag and follow her with the two kids right besides me. We walk in silence for a good ten minutes before we reach their car.

Nellie offers me the passenger seat, but I could tell Amy was used to sitting there. I toss my duffel bag on the floor of the car and slide my seatbelt on.

"Do you think I can charge my phone in here?"

My request is met by Amy's hand reaching out to pluck my phone from my hand. She moves to plug it up and settles back in her seat.

"Thank you." I go through my bag to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Five minutes into our drive, Nellie takes the time to ask where my destination is.

"I'm going to the Novotel Sydney Olympic Park Hotel," I explain. All three of them try to hide it, but I can tell they're surprised by my words. I suppose the hotel is either amazing or dreadful (I'm going with the former).

~o0o~
(30 minutes later)
(Novotel Sydney Olympic Park Hotel's parking lot)

"Thank you so much," I exclaim as I continue to shake their hands. "If it weren't for you guys, I'd definitely be in a bad situation."

"No problem," Nellie stammers. "We're happy we could help."

"Here's my number if you ever need anything." I give them my number written down on a post-it note I had found in my pocket.

"Hey," Amy calls out to me. "No one is—umm—you're not being hurt by anyone, are you?"

My eyebrows scrunch up in confusion. Why would she think—ohhhh. I have a huge bandage wrapped around my head and "mysteriously" passed out.

"No, that's not the case," I reassure her. "I don't want to hold you guys up any longer. I'm so happy I got to meet you all!" I beam at them with a bright smile.

I watch as they climb back into their car and wave when they turn out of the parking lot.

Now, I've got to call Sejin. Fortunately, the boys entered his number into my phone when they gave me theirs.

Ringgggggg. Ringgggggg.

"Akari? Is that you?!?!" A frantic voice immediately greets me before I can say a word.

"Yes? It's me. Are you okay?" I ask him. Sejin sounded like the world was coming to an end.

(It was.)

"Are you on the phone with Akari?" A voice excitedly questions Sejin. Their question causes multiple other people to react.

"Really?!?"

"Give us the phone!"

"He meant please! Please give us the phone!"

A door slams and the voices quiet down. I chew my bottom lip, waiting for the person on the other side of the phone to say something.

"Akari?" A tearful voice asks. My eyes widen at the sound of his voice. I've never heard him cry before, but it sounds like he is doing exactly that.

"Jungkook? What's wrong?" I inquire with a soft tone. "Are you hurt? Tell me what's wrong."

"When w-w-we were leaving the airport, we all felt it," he babbles.

"Felt what?" I gently probe.

"This-this sharp jolt of pain! But we all b-brushed it off!" He starts to sob over the phone. Gasping for air, like he couldn't breathe.

"Okay, baby. Keep talking. What room are you in?" I move to make my way into the hotel. I do my best to exude an aura of "I belong here" as I power walk through the lobby.

"Room #340," Jungkook whispers.

"What happened after that?" I ask another question. I slip into the elevator right before the doors slide shut. The guy next to me motions for me to press the button first. I jab at the button for Floor Seven (Rooms #300-350).

"After we got to the hotel, and you still didn't reply to any of our texts, we got scared." I hide a wince at his words. My phone had only just came on when we pulled up to the hotel. I haven't checked any of my messages yet.

"What did you do then?" I keep my voice calm.

"We called Sejin-nim, but he said he didn't know where you were!" he mumbles. "And then we r-remembered the pain!"

The elevator dings once it arrives to Floor Seven. I give the guy a polite smile and step out of the elevator. I start to make my way to Room #340.

"Baby, are the other guys and Sejin with you?" I ask him.

"Oh! I-I kinda took his phone and maybe..."

"Maybe?"

"Maybelockedmyselfinthebathroom," he runs his words together, but I can still decipher what he said.

I stifle a laugh and stop in front of Room #340.

"Well, I'm outside Room #340, so you might want to come out of the bathroom," I tease him a bit. But I'm shocked when he suddenly hangs up. Jeez.

I raise my hand to knock on the door. Just as my knuckle hits the wood, the door is yanked open. I open my mouth to gasp in surprise, but I'm pulled inside the room the next second.

A pair of arms is tightly wrapped around me, with no intention of letting go. The person hugging me buries their face in my hair and tightens their grip.

"Noona," Jungkook sniffles. "You didn't leave." I simply wrap my arms around him and hold on just as tight. There's a flurry of movement before six other people join the hug.

I let the hug go on for a good five minutes. After five minutes, I gently tap on Jungkook's back to signal that I'm ready to be released.

I love hugging. I wouldn't have minded if the hug went on for another hour, but we have to talk.

"Why the fuck do you have a bandage on your head?!?"

I barely manage to hide my flinch at the sudden yelling. Jin seems to realize this and lowers his tone.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have shouted. But how did you get injured?" Jin apologizes, worry evident in his voice.

"It's sort of a long story," I say with a sheepish giggle.

~o0o~

After explaining everything that had happened to me, I found myself immediately wrapped up in 10 different blankets.

"Guys, don't you think this is a little excessive?" I struggle to untangle myself from the blanket burrito. "I'll be okay in a couple of days; I just have to take the meds the doctor gave me."

"Please, Akari." Hoseok's eyes are begging me to allow them to do this. "We didn't even notice that you were missing." I hear his unspoken words.

'Let us at least do this much for you.'

I roll my eyes, but I stop struggling and relax. Hoseok quietly thanks me with a tiny smile before we both turn towards Namjoon's conversation with Sejin.

"Do you think you can get the footage?" Namjoon asks him in a cold voice. Sejin looks nervous, a bit of sweat building at his temple.

"Most airports keep their security tapes for at least a month. I should be able to get it before we leave." Sejin tells him. Namjoon's shoulders loosen at that.

"Thank you, Manager-nim." Namjoon gives Sejin a thankful nod. Sejin, interpreting that as the dismissal it was, turns to leave the room as fast as possible.

After Sejin leaves, Namjoon joins the rest of us by the couch. I'm on the middle cushion with Yoongi to my left and Jungkook on my right. Taehyung is sitting in front of my feet with Jimin besides him. Hoseok is seated on the coffee table in front of the couch, and Jin is ordering room service.

Namjoon sighs as he takes a seat by Hoseok on the table.

"I'm so sorry, Akari." He looks at me, sorrow etched onto his face. "We—no, I—shouldn't have let that happen to you."

Did he think this was his fault? Silly Namjoon.

"Namjoon, this isn't your fault. The only one we can really blame is the person who pushed me," I inform him. Some of the pain on his face goes away, but I can tell he still blames himself.

"So, airport footage?" I quirk my eyebrow at him. Can they even do that?

"Yes, airport footage. Whoever it was hurt you, and that is unacceptable." Jin declares, joining the conversation. "I ordered you some salmon and asparagus. We already ate."

I thank him and snuggle back into the blanket burrito. In my defense, it's really comfy.

Jungkook had fallen asleep soon after we sat down. His head is currently in my lap and I'm playing with his hair. It's so soft and fluffy! (I try my best not to look at the tear tracks running down his face. I rub them off with my fingertips; my touch as light as possible.)

I do a couple of loose braids with his hair and the time flies by. The next time I look up, everyone else is gone except Yoongi who sets a plate of food down next to me.

I almost ask where everyone is before realizing they must have gone to sleep. They have a concert tomorrow after all.

"Thank you, Yoongi!" I whisper-shout. My actions provoke a small smile out of him.

"Goodnight, Akari." He pauses and seems to think over something for a second. He, careful as can be, leans down and drops a peck on my forehead. "I'm glad you're alright."

I stare with wide eyes at his retreating figure, a red hue coloring my cheeks.

His lips had been so soft. A smile spreads across my face as warm, fuzzy feelings fill my body. The spot he kissed on my forehead is tingling and it almost seems like his lips are still pressed against my brow.

Shaking my head, I focus on the mouthwatering smell coming from the plate Yoongi had put next to me. Doing my best not to disturb Jungkook, I shovel the food into my mouth.

After I finished my food, I set my plate on the coffee table and let myself sink into the couch. I sigh when I see Jungkook's face. He looks so peaceful, and I honestly don't want to wake him up. But, he needs a good night's sleep or he's going to be exhausted tomorrow.

I lightly poke his side to try to get him to wake up. He doesn't move an inch. Shaking his shoulders provides no results either.

"Jungkook? Sweetie?" I whisper, poking him again. This time he rolls over. Directly into my stomach. His face is now nestled into my stomach, his soft exhales brushing against my clothes.

I do my best to stop myself from squirming. I'm afraid it doesn't work nearly as well as I hoped it would. Jungkook, evidently tired of his pillow shifting, presses his face harder into my stomach and mumbles something.

"Jungkook, you've got to go to bed," I tell him, scooting out from underneath him. His head lands on the couch with a small thud.

"Nooo, come back." He pouts, hands reaching out to grab me. There's no way he isn't up by now.

Just as I'm about to get up and leave, Jungkook settles back down, letting out tiny snuffles. I wait a moment to see if he's faking it, but it's clear he actually is asleep.

Fuck.

I have two options.

A: Try to drag Jungkook to his room, no doubt causing a ton of noise because he's like three times the size of me.

Or,

B: Let him sleep on the couch. He'll be sore tomorrow, but at least I won't accidentally get crushed by trying to get him to his room.

The selfish person that I am immediately went for Option B. Then, I realized that I can't do that. Not to Jungkook. Not to my soulmate.

Heaving a sigh, I pull Jungkook off the couch. And fail. Miserably.

"Jungkook, wake up! You need to get in your bed!" I manage to get his body upright and sling his arm over my shoulder.

Why did I skip arm day? (Actually, I skipped all workout days.)

His eyes flutter open a bit and he looks around, bemused. I nudge him a little to push him forward. He slowly takes a step forward, heavily resting his body weight on me.

"Let's go to your room, okay?" I ask him. He sleepily nods and starts to make his way (read: stumble) to his room.

Five minutes later, he's finally in his bed. I tuck the sheets around him and move his hair out of his face.

Here, with sleep relaxing his features, Jungkook looks like a child. He's so young. And yet, he's accomplished more than some people twice his age have.

I smile, but it's a quiet thing. Not bright or happy. He's gone through so much already, and I know there's only more hard work and challenges waiting for him in the future.

I can't say that he'll never get hurt—I don't know that.

I can't say that nothing will ever go wrong—I don't believe that.

I can't say that he'll always be happy—I don't trust that.

What I can silently promise, both to him and myself, is that as long as I'm with him, I'll do my best to protect him. I'll do my best to ensure that nothing goes wrong. I'll do my best to make him happy.

'And what if my best isn't good enough?'

An errant thought floats through my mind. I ignore it. I'll make my best good enough. Because Jungkook, BTS, my soulmates? They deserve the best.

~o0o~

I tiptoe out of Jungkook's room, closing the door behind me. I walk back towards the couch, so I can grab my bag. I'll see if I can find Sejin and get a room card to the room the make-up artists are in.

Just as I'm about to creep out of the door leading to the hallway, a voice startles me.

"And where do you think you're going?"

________________________

A/N: Hi, everyone!!! So, what are your thoughts? Did you like the chapter? I know the first half didn't really involve the boys, but it did give Akari some friends/acquaintances that might come into play later on in the story! I actually got the characters from a book series (39 Clues). Who do you think it was at the end of the chapter? Also, why did Jungkook react so strongly, compared to the other boys? 😳

NOTICE!!! I deleted the picture I originally had for Akari because some things have changed. What exactly? Spoilers 😊.

I love all of you guys and hope you enjoyed the chapter! Also, I hope you enjoyed the Jin Edit if you watched it from the last chapter. Please vote and comment! If I made any mistakes, please let me know! Until next time, my fireflies! 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 8.3K 22
Y/N loves BTS. She found there music during a very difficult time in her life, and it helped her to realize the truth: none of it had ever been her f...
17.3K 651 26
bts is most famous group who is finding there last soulmate everyone has soulmate all of them are soulmates but there is one more in there group... ...
133K 8.5K 56
BTS OT7-soulmate au BTS×OC poly They say getting your soulmark when you turn 20 is the best thing to happen in your life. A bond that allows you to f...
98.8K 4.6K 52
Soulmates. Will you find yours and hope shows up in the form of a medication intended to help people find their own true match. Hope at last! Or not...