blue. criminal minds

By rottnfleur

double double, toil and trouble ─── © hhexbloods. ( discontinued ) More

introduction
act one; seduce and destroy
one...the tapping of the clock
three...chicago cid
four...heavy liftings
five...connecting with a killer
six...wilted rose
seven...broken hearted mess
eight...thats kinda the whole point
nine...occasional comfort
ten...if you need a drink

two...to share or not to share

1.6K 83 12
By rottnfleur

BLUE.

chapter two —— to share or not to share

JUDE HAD HER EYES FIXATED on the agent (who was yet to say her name, how rude), she had refused to say a word since the big ol' bomb had been dropped, the one where the behavioural analysis unit (she had figured out which division she was being questioned by, the moment 'ms no name agent' had let her eyes linger a few seconds too long at Judes tapping fingers) honest to goodness believed that both her and Atlas were responsible for the lives of a dozen women and children. She feels a little bad that she hasn't thought or asked about Atlas yet, hell, according to the files the agents now have, they were supposed to be married.

What kind of fake wife doesn't ask about her fake husband?

But she knows when he finds out that he will do one of two things, he will either remain completely normal, throwing around a poorly timed joke here or there that would most likely have him end up in trouble, or he would flip his actual shit, start yelling and screaming. the latter doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's a sight for sore eyes to witness.

"They have you on tape, walking out of the shipping dock-the very one that was bust a few hours ago" the agent explained.

"I never did get your name, detective" Jude smiles brightly towards the woman, disregarding the statement completely, she didn't want to talk about something she didn't do (in her mind she thinks it may have even been a little more exciting if the bau actually arrested them on a charge they did commit, that would get the gears turning)

"Because it's none of your concern" The brunette retorts, pulling out the chair opposite Jude, the metal catching against the floor, a loud scratching noise following, but Jude doesn't blink, doesn't move her head, natural and calm. She shows too many things to not be confusing.

"Well you seem to know my name already, so it's really only fair you tell me yours"

"Well firstly it's special agent, not detective. And my name is Emily Prentiss" Jude's smile lessons slightly at that name because she has heard it before. On one of the re-groupements with their unit in Mississippi (her main base of locations is in Chicago, but that would be much too easy to track, so their unit chief decides a different place to meet every seven and a half months), Vera Barr had mentioned an Emily Prentiss, specifically, she mentioned that the woman had been killed. She also said that it would be a great loss for the FBI.

But here was Agent Emily Prentiss, standing before her very eyes.

"She knows Emily," JJ said firmly, pulling out her phone and dialling Hotch.

"JJ, what's happening"

"Hotch she knows Emily, she practically jumped when she heard her name" the blonde explained.

"JJ get her out of there" the woman nodded towards Spencer who was already at the door, they had both figured that Aaron would make them get Emily out of the room. The thing that confused Spencer the most was that if she had known who Emily was, why hadn't she expressed any sign of acknowledgement when the woman had first walked in.

After ushering Emily out of the room, Reid turned towards both women, "who knew that Emily had been injured by Doyle?"

"That information was never released to anyone," Prentiss said, her head spinning with confusing thoughts. "The only people who knew work with us" she adds as an afterthought. The trio look at each other with worry, they all know what the others are thinking, and they all don't want it to be the case.

"So either she knows a good hacker..."

"Or she has connections to someone in the FBI"

INTERMISSION.

JUDE HAS EXPERTLY DECIDED, after four hours of waiting in that dull room that she wants to talk to someone and honestly, she'll take anyone at this point. She does hope that they send in Prentiss again, maybe this time she can ask how the hell she's back from the dead. But perhaps that is a bit insensitive, all things considering.

She was not expecting a young man to walk through the door, decked in a sweater vest and slacks, very doctor who. Jude had expected them to send in another female, it's what they normally did, but they didn't this time and maybe for them it would work.

The man stands in the left corner of the room, she thinks he is waiting for her to say something, it would explain why he hadn't spoken.

"You aren't who you say you are" the man speaks, and Jude decides right then and there that she likes this man, he has a soothing voice, a voice that sound like it should be reading poetry to crowds of thousands, it's comforting. she quickly finds it strange, how something so unfamiliar can bring a sense of ease.

"Is anyone ever who they say they are?" she quips, but she doesn't mean to offend. The bau will know when she means to offend one of their team, she finds her sayings now as quick little jabs, directed towards nobody and everyone, when directed her words are sharp and they slice, so they will know.

"it's taken hours of digging to find names and dates of who you are, and yet, that isn't the bottom of it." He speaks to himself, it isn't something for Jude to answer, she's too busy focusing on her previous misconstruction of a sentence, she's been too obvious.

"You've gone through a lot of trouble to hide who you are, must be exhausting" he states, moving from the corner of the room and to the table.

"Who says I hid?" Jude begs that these agents don't catch onto her slip, and she hopes that after showing a smirk they still believe she is trying to throw them off of her tracks.

Spencer notices the slip, he also notices how good she was at covering it up, because at that moment she had admitted to not being Ella Silvera, admitted to being a different person. So while the woman in front of him may be good at covering her tracks, Spencer was better at discovering them.

"I want to talk about something else" she demands after a few moments of silence.

"What like?"

She sits silently for a second, her brain turning. "Do you read Shakespeare?" Emily and JJ are confused from where they stand behind the glass, not understanding why she would change the subject to something along the lines of Shakespeare.

"I do"

"Goodie" she smiles brightly, lifting her hands, still shackled, and leans them against the cold metal table. "So tell me, Brave Macbeth, have you found your Atlas yet?"

The doctor's eyes furrowed in confusion, "Shakespeare never mentions an atlas"

"And how would you know?

"In all of Shakespeare's' 37 plays he has never once used the word Atlas once"

"Oh, so you're smart smart" she teases. She can see the gears turning in the man's head, can see all of the cogs trying to flatten out every bump, perfecting the final answer.

"Your partner," he says quietly, but he is close enough that Jude can hear his words without having to strain her ears too hard. It is enough for her to sit up straight, her smile dropping into a frown. She had realised quickly that he was smart, she didn't think he was smart enough to figure anything out, hell, she had started her sentence with 'brave Macbeth', there was nothing for them to go off of.

Spencer finds her gaze to be more frightening than anything else, because as she is looking at him it doesn't feel like she is looking at him, more along the lines of through him, as though she were the only person in the room. Her stare is ice, and the doctor can only imagine what her glare is reminiscent of, perhaps death?

"I want something," she says slowly. Jude knows she had co-operated thus far, she had been more than willing to have a nice small chat, with the fbi, but it had gone on too long now. swivelling in her metal chair, Jude stares directly into the centre of the security camera in the back left-hand corner of the room.

"And what's that?" he responds quietly.

"My fucking phone call"

BLUE.

note— i just wanna get to the good bits,
but unfortunately, backstory is necessary.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 550 28
♕𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆, 𝒘𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆...
273K 7.3K 29
[book two] Rosemary finally begins to establish a regular lifestyle with Spencer, but will it last? ꧁꧁꧂꧂ All Rights Reserved.
60.2K 1.8K 39
★𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔...