Sincerely Yours

By dontcryharry

This friend group always loved murder mystery movies, all the jump scares, frights and figuring out who did i... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty One

108 11 7
By dontcryharry

23rd of March, 11:10 am

Y/N'S POV

You stood in front of the mirror in your outfit- a beige sweater, black jeans and brown boots with layered necklaces around your neck.

A: 'Ugh, this is so cute!' she pops her head around your door frame, still in her pyjamas.

Since Alannh's parents had taken custody of you for the next month, you were staying in their guest room which meant sleepovers with Alannh every, single, night.

A: 'So are you guys going to talk about stuff or...' she questioned, curious

Y/N: 'No, I just want today to be having fun with him and to see if we still have the spark. With me away for 2 months and him half moving on with Mia, it's kinda hard to tell.'

A: 'Yeah, I get that. Where is he taking you?' she says, sitting down on your bed.

Y/N: 'Um, the zoo?'

A: 'Oh...'

Y/N: 'What? Was he supposed to take Mia or something?' you turn around, putting in your silver hoop earrings.

A: 'Oh, no. I don't think so but don't you remember?' you shake your head confused. 'It was like your first date, he took you to the zoo'

Y/N: 'Yeah, that wasn't our first date...'

A: 'Yeah it was. In like, year 8'

Y/N: 'No...Our first date was when I went over to his house to study'

A: 'That does not count as a date!'

Y/N: 'Yes it does!' We both laugh as we hear a knock on the front door.

You both rush down excited, Alannah equally as excited as you were for today. You open the door to him in a white shirt, holding a bunch of wild-flowers.

Y/N: 'Hi...'

R: 'Hi...'

A: 'Hi!' she says behind you. 'I'll take those, you two have fun' she chuckles, before taking the flowers and you both walk down the driveway.

R: 'Um, so...You want to...Um, get food?'

Y/N: 'Is Ruel Van Dijk nervous?'

R: 'Maybe'

Y/N: 'I'll just get food at the zoo it's fine' you chuckle as he pulls out of the driveway and starts to drive to the zoo.

He plays your playlist from your Spotify as you both sing and laugh over his voice breaks while he tries to hit the high notes. We arrive at the zoo and start to try and find a car park

Y/N: 'Oh! There's one there!' you clap but he keeps driving

R: 'That's just a super small car dumbass' you roll your eyes as he chuckles and pulls into another car park

Y/N: 'Do you have the passes?' you ask, both of you undoing your seatbelts.

He pats around his body but then starts to panic, grabbing his bag and pulling at every piece of it

R: 'No, no, no, no. Shit'

Y/N: 'Seriously?' you raise your eyebrows, did he actually forget the passes?

R: 'Yeah, I'm just joking' he chuckles as he pulls out the two passes from his bag and you shove him before getting out of the car.

You both walk into the zoo and instantly run-up to the African exhibition where you stood next to the giraffes, that created a big shadow

Y/N: 'Ruel, it's you' you say as you look up at the giraffe's towering over you both

R: 'Y/n, it's you' he says, pointing at the Rhino in the opposite enclosure with a cheeky smile on his face. He knew it was gonna get in trouble for saying that.

You start to walk from him with a pout on your face as you hear a laugh behind you, quickly followed by a sudden hug from behind. You turn around, trying to hold in a smile as he grins at you.

Y/N: 'You're mean'

R: 'You're beautiful you know that...You're kind of insulting the hippo by assuming that I was meaning bad stuff'

Y/N: 'Sorry, I know you were meaning to call me thick' you say, turning around before he smacks your butt

R: 'Yeah you are' you both laugh as you walk through to the Wetland enclosure. You stood next to the fence, looking down at the crocodiles blending in with their surroundings.

R: 'Be careful, they might leap up and bite your head off' you chuckle in response before pulling out your phone to a vibration.

Y/N: 'Ruel, I am so sorry but Alannah's mum just said that there is stuff at the police station that has to be cleared up. I'm really sorry, but I have to go'

R: 'No, it's fine. I'll take you'

Y/N: 'We'll come another day, I promise' you say before pecking his lips and then stopping, realising what you just did out of habit.

R: 'Did you just...Kiss me?'

Y/N: 'Maybe. It was out of habit, were you complaining?'

R: 'No, not at all but I thought our first kiss back together would be a bit more dramatic, you know?' he chuckles before you shake your head and stand on our tiptoes.

Your lips met in the middle, the warmth of his lips touching yours and it felt like home again as he pulled you closer.

Y/N: 'Like that?'

R: 'That's more like it' he chuckles before taking your hand in his and you start to walk out.

RUEL'S POV

I waited in the lobby as y/n appeared with Alannah's mum by her side, I assumed it was just about custody and her parents so I didn't want to ask and then upset her.

R: 'You still staying with Alannah?'

Y/N: 'Yeah, for now'

R: 'You know you could've moved in with me' I say as she signs her sign out paper

Y/N: 'Yeah, I know but it was a quick decision and at the time, you were still with Mia, so' she shrugs, handing the pen back to the receptionist

Y/N: 'Um, so I'm allowed to go back to my house and get some more things, can you drive me there and then drop me back at Alannah's?'

R: 'Yeah, of course' she smiles before saying goodbye to Alannah's mum and then walking to my car.

Y/N: 'It feels weird' she closes the front door behind her

R: 'What does?'

Y/N: 'I'm not gonna live here anymore...I grew up here' she says, looking up at her house

R: 'Do you remember this spot?' I say, standing on the pathway

Y/N: 'Yeah...Where I kissed you for the first time' she says with a small smile, looking at the ground

R: 'Do you wanna, I don't know..Recreate it' I say, mocking being shy

She chuckles before standing in front of me, my hands meeting her cheeks and bringing her lips to mine. I pull away with a smile as we walk to my car and I drop her off at Alannah's.

Y/N'S POV

You unpacked your books, putting them in the now empty bookcase near your bed and when you hear a knock on the door. You turn around to see Alannah's mum, Linda, in your doorway.

L: 'Hey honey, how are you going?'

Y/N: 'Yeah, uh, good. This is my last box and then I'm done. Well, for now' you smile before grabbing more books out of your box.

L: 'So, have you thought about school yet? No pressure whatsoever to go back, you've had enough shit going on'

Y/N: 'Um, I-I don't really know...I mean, I can contact all my teachers and stuff and do online but I think I won't go back until my parents' trial is done. You know?'

L: 'Yeah, I get that, I'll email the school then. Alright, I'll leave you to it' she pats her legs before standing up from your bed.

Y/N: 'Um, Linda? Thanks for letting me stay here...It means a lot'

L: 'No problem, hun. I mean, it was always Alannah's dream to move in with her best friends and if we are going to take someone in, I'm glad it's you...Goodnight' she smiles as you smile back and climb into bed, grabbing your phone from the desk. You call the number and sit in on your bedside table. He picks up, his guitar in hand as you lay under your covers, ready to sleep.

R: 'Just like old times huh'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66K 2.2K 82
A story where Ruel Van Dijk saves Nica Williams from a toxic relationship. How much can happen in just one day? My first story!!!!! Ahhh please don't...
30.7K 3.2K 60
||COMPLETE|| Amber Blake is having dreams, and they just might be the key to saving her best friend, Mark. Unfortunately, she's too preoccupied prete...
204K 7.5K 51
❝I may be broken and he may be guarded, but our two hearts, should never be parted.❞ [this is the sequel to Do I Scare You? do not read unless read t...
32.3K 854 31
When April's best friend Luna dragged her to a pop-up shop to meet her favourite artist, let's just she wasn't exactly the happiest about it. But rea...