Open fire

بواسطة white_lies_me

~sequel to Flames in water~ {Calum Hood fanfiction} Who knew that after several peaceful years, you and your... المزيد

Part 1 "Once more"
Part 2 "I wish for something else"
Part 3 "Perth"
Part 4 "New area"
Part 5 "Let's get the crew"
Part 6 "Start somewhere"
Part 7 "News are the worst"
Part 8 "Clues and unknown"
Part 9 "Family"
Part 10 "Strange behaviours"
Part 11 "We've got it?"
Part 12 "Out of control"
Part 13 "Small talk"
Part 14 "Troubles along the way"
Part 15 "There's still time for everything"
Part 16 "Emergency"
Part 17 "Too soon"
Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"
Part 19 "Come clean with it"
Part 20 "Time is ticking by"
Part 22 "In between two worlds"
Part 23 "If the world ends now"
Part 24 "On your way"
Part 25 "Only one scar is permanent"
Part 26 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Part 27 "Choices are never simple"
Part 28 "All the voices in my mind are calling out for me"
Part 29 "Gotta get out"
Part 30 "Broken pieces"
Part 31 "Agreements and disagreements"
Part 32 "An unexpected visit"
Part 33 "Trust"
Part 34 "Just like you"
Part 35 "Confessions"
Part 36 "I love and hate surprises"
Part 37 "Figuring things out"
Part 38 "Final decision"
Part 39 "I'm not ready to start again"
Part 40 "Mission accepted"
Part 41 "Back to the Dead forest"
Part 42 "Ghost of you"
Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"
Part 44 "On the edge"
Part 45 "Open fire"
Part 46 "End of an adventure"

Part 21 "What is left?"

44 2 0
بواسطة white_lies_me

"The plan for now or in general? Because they are very different" Ashton tried to lighten the mood, but by the glares he received from all of you he just looked down and mumbled something.

"First of all, if these people know us we can't stay at this house for too long" Calum glanced at Louis who didn't know how to reply to that.

"We don't have many options, I mean hotels are always something, but I'm not sure about that" Liam concluded, going back to being deep in thought.

"Let's discuss that one later, we have to get to those werewolves before they record one of them turning back and put it out for everyone to see" Mali looked scared and that wasn't a good sign.

"But it's been four hours after we saw the video, don't you think they would've already found out?" Michael chimes in. That's true, the serum couldn't last that long, could it?

"How long do you think a full dose can last?" Luke shakes Niall for an answer while the Irish lad stares at him.

"I don't know, a small one lasted ten minutes so, a few hours I reckon" Niall bets.

"We have little time and we don't even know where the laboratory is" Sierra says, biting her lip as a sign of nervousness.

"I'll search that, we can maybe get building plans and then find a way to set them free?" Niall suggests, everyone nods determinedly.

"What do we do until you find something out?" Crystal questions, already knowing she'll have to sit in the back for any action.

"Secure this place" Louis answered, as if it wasn't clear. Calum nodded approvingly at that and so you divided.

-

You left Niall to himself so he can focus in Louis' office room, while you barricaded the house. Window curtains were pulled, wooden planks hammered on them from the outside. The small wooden shack in the backyard was emptied from all the weapons, only normal garden tools left in it. Louis had cameras already, you just had to put them up on various corners of the house, including the inside. Your nerves were still tingling, sensing that something bad is happening, but there were no news or footage about the werewolves except that they have arrived in New York, but that happend a few hours ago. After an hour later you were in the living room talking, but it was forced, you could just read through everyone's mind, there was no need for powers there. What didn't help your anxiousness was the look on Niall's face when he exited Louis' room. He looked angry and confused, his jaw was tight, the veins on his forehead prominent and his blue eyes were giving away that he's not pleased with whatever he discovered.

"This is absolute bullshit" he cursed as he entered, rubbing his eyes in frustration.

"What happend mate?" Ashton asked, patting his shoulder to make him feel better.

"There's no SLA, nothing" he said, making all of you look at him confused and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"What do you mean? We've seen it" Sarah says, glancing at the others for support.

"Yes I know, but I've searched everything, all the files, the documents, names, but nothing comes up. Except the fact that it says it just exists, that's all I know" Niall explained, sitting down with his head in his hands.

"How's that possible?" Liam asks, more himself than Niall.

"Can we see?" Mali questions, Niall nods going off to get his laptop.

"But we've seen it and people there know it, I mean the reporters and all" Calum concludes, probably going over the scenes that you've seen in his head.

"Here, look at this" Niall places the laptop on the coffee table while all of you look at it, surrounding the table. He flicked through maybe eleven files and all of them were empty, there was just the title that said 'SLA - supernatural laboratory of animals'.

"What do we do now?" Sarah asks shyly, nobody answered because noone knew what to do.

"Fuck" Calum muttered taking heavy steps towards Louis' office.

"Calum what are you-" Mali was about to ask with a concerned look on her face, but Calum just glanced at Lou for approval and with a slight nod from him shut the door going inside.

"Calum you can't just be in there for the rest of the day" you angrily said, going over to the door. You put your ear on it, listening for any kind of reply, but he said nothing. You get it he's just stressed but so is everyone else and they don't just burst and leave the rest out. But that was his thing, he did it when he was younger so naturally it seemed like the right thing to do now.

"Give him some time Willow, I think we all need it" Ashton patted you on your back after you slowly leaned back from the door looking at the others. Seemed like there was nothing to say so everyone parted their own ways, Luke and Sierra going to one of the bedrooms, Michael and Crystal in the other one, Ashton went with Niall and Liam somewhere else leaving you, Mali and Sarah to awkwardly stare at eachother. But that didn't last for long either since you decided if Calum wants to be alone then fine, you'll be alone as well. So you went out in the backyard taking a seat on the fresh grass. The warm breeze of the wind hitting you, it was nice to be outside and maybe if you put your thoughts aside for a little while maybe it would be better. But no matter how hard you tried your mark would pulsate telling you that Calum wasn't that great, but you couldn't do anything about it. He didn't want your help or anyone's right now. You were glad that they left you alone too, you would see somebody pass by the window and peek through the hole where the wooden planks weren't, taking a glance at you to make sure you were alright. What was there to do now? You were lost yet again, this time no information, no explanation, no next steps, nothing. You sighed, playing with the bracelet around your wrist, it was the one Zaine gave you on your sixteenth birthday with a blue moon. It still looked beautiful, some small ruff scratches on it from wearing it a lot, but nonetheless you cherished it. Your thoughts were interrupted by someone's presence behind you, a familiar scent hit you, looks like Niall decided to take his luck with you.

"Hey" he said a bit unsure, sitting next to you, but he sat a little further probably wanting to give you space. Maybe he understood what it felt like when werecats and werewolves fought with their loved ones.

"Hi" you said just as quietly as him. He smiled a little bit, happy that you replied calmly.

"Are you alright?" he dared to ask a minute later, but you shrugged. How could you answer at that, but he nodded either way.

"Why'd you come here? I was fine by myself" the words just flew out, but you immediately regretted them since they came off a bit mean.

"I mean not that I don't want you here Niall, I wanted to say-" for the first time you looked at him, nervously rambling on, but you quickly shut up as you saw his lips curl into a smile and then a chuckle. You furrowed your brows at the Irish lad instantly.

"What's so funny?" you couldn't help, but crack a smile just like him, almost as if it was contagious, he had a beautiful smile. How the corners of his lips would rise and his eyes would narrow, hiding away the blue in them.

"Nothing, I'm just glad I made you think of something else" he replied, so you tilted your head, looking down at the ground then at him, grinning also. He mirrored your actions, looking straight at you.

"After all you told me I should smile more, why don't you take your own advice?" he quirked one brow, making you laugh lightly.

"You're right, thank you Ni" you smiled, leaning against the wall as you closed your eyes and let your mind be taken away. He did the same, but kept looking at you as you could feel his gaze.

"Does it hurt?" he questioned out of the blue. you didn't know what he was refering to tho, but after you looked at him pointing to your pulsating mark you understood.

"No, it's just there, like an alarm but it's not annoying" you answered casually and he nodded, looking away.

"I wish humans would know when they meet the one and only for them" he admitted, letting out a small sigh.

"It's not like that, well it is, but while you may know your mate the two of you have to make it work. Just like humans if another one holds the other just by the label there's nothing in that" you smiled symphateticly, putting an arm on his shoulder. He nodded slightly, offering you a shy smile.

"Don't worry Niall, I'm sure she's right around the corner" you tried to make him happy since he did take your mind off of things for some time. He let out a breathy laugh, his eyes looking at his hands while they tore away the tips of the grass below.

"We'll see" he said, you squeezed his shoulder for support and just sat there for a little more with him. After maybe five minutes your mark stopped pulsating and instead started to sting a little bit as tho Cal was hurt? But then it all made sense once you turned around to look behind you, the dark haired, tall figure was leaning on the doorframe with to you an indescribable look in his eyes. Niall didn't notice him standing there, he kept on looking ahead, but your eyes remained on your mate a little longer. Yet that only lasted for a few seconds because as you were about to say something he sighed almost inaudible and went back.

"Calum wait!" you called out, standing up and going inside. You're sure Niall saw you but he didn't want to interfiere. You saw Calum push past Liam who was just walking in the hallway.

"Calum you're acting like a child!" you said frustrated, your fists clenched. Liam just sent you an apologetic look, seeing as Calum once again disappeared into Louis' office. You punched the door, cursing under your breath.

"Fine then" you mumbled, turning so your back was facing the door as you slid down to the floor. Noone entered the hallway for what to you seemed like decades, but was only really ten minutes. In the end Michael came down and said that you have to let it go for awhile and brought you to hang out with the rest. You didn't focus on the conversations, even when they called you, your only reply was a shrug. What's happening with you and Calum? What is happening with the plan? How can you do anything?

***

"Go back to the center" your eyes scanned over the message, no way...

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

26.2K 600 49
When Calum Hood and Amelia Evan's paths cross, little did they now the roller coaster ride they were going to experience. With love, distance, heartb...
5.1K 159 43
{Calum Hood fanfiction} You were something different, the only one of your kind. Your best friend Michael was a werewolf, he was the only one who k...
60.7K 824 26
Join me as I take you on a hell bent adventure of rad imagines, fanfiction drama, and comedic breaks (well, what i think is funny) - also Ashton Irwi...
Wildflower بواسطة M =)

قصص الهواة

70.8K 2.7K 50
The universe has a funny way of making strangers appear in your life repeatedly when it's time for them to become a piece to your story. For Calum th...