Kingdom Hearts 3: Dragon War...

By GrimstoneRX1300

After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight agai... More

Basic Info
Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE
Chapter 1: STRENGTH OF A HERO (OLYMPUS)
Chapter 2 : REGROUP AND RELEARN
Chapter 3: LAZY AFTERNOONS (TWILIGHT TOWN)
Chapter 4: OLD FACES
Chapter 5: FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 1
Chapter 6: RAPUNZEL LEARNS THE TRUTH (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 2
Chapter 7: VERUM REX (TOY BOX) part 1
Chapter 8: A TOY'S TRUE HEART (TOY BOX) part 2
Chapter 9: POWER OF LAUGHTER (MONSTROPOLIS) part 1
Chapter 10: A HYBRID OF MONSTERS (MONSTROPOLIS) part 2
Chapter 11: SILLY OLD BEAR (100 ACRE WOODS)
Chapter 12: THIS SONG ALWAYS BOTHERED ME ANYWAY (ARENDELLE) part 1
Chapter 13: A SISTER'S LOVE (ARENDELLE) part 2
Chapter 14: LEVI (CARIBBEAN) part 1
Chapter 15: DEADMEN TELL NO TALE (CARIBBEAN) part 2
Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP
Chapter 17: KEYBLADE HERO 4 (SAN FRANSOKYO) part 1
Chapter 18: BAYMAX'S HEART (SAN FRANCISCO) part 2
Chapter 19: A RESCUSE FROM HELL (AQUA)
Sora and Arc's powers.
Chapter 20: WAKE UP (VENTUS)
Chapter 21: NEW/OLD DARKNESSES
Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1
Chapter 23: THE ONE WINGED ANGEL (FUTURE CITY) part 2
Chapter 24: RAGE AWAKEN (TERRA)
Chapter 25: FALLEN TWILIGHT (AZRAEL AND XION)
Chapter 26: THE CONNECTION (ROXAS AND NAMINÉ)
Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 28: THE FACE UNDER THE HELMET (REMNANT part 2)
Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 30: RYŪJIN SHINKŌ MEZAMERU (REMNANT part 4)
CHAPTER 31: BATTLE OF GODS (REMNANT part 5)
Chapter 32: A SPEEDY RECOVERY (REMNANT part 6)
Bonus Chapter: TALK AND LISTEN MEETING
Chapter 33: DIVIDE AND CONQUER (sorta)
Chapter 35: DON'T DEAL WITH THE DEVIL (INKWELL ISLE part 2)
Chapter 36: WE ARE SOLDIERS (HALO REACH)
Chapter 37: DIVING IN TOO DEEP (PLANET 4546B)
Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)
Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)
Alternate Opening
Chapter 40: INKY PAIN (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 1)
Chapter 41: ANGELS AND DEMONS (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 2)
Chapter 42: THE LAST REEL (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 3)
Chapter 43: THE ONLY PUMPKIN KING (HALLOWEEN TOWN)
Chapter 44: OF DRAGONS AND RIDERS (ARCHIPELAGO)
Chapter 45: LEGENDARY WARRIORS (VALLEY OF PEACE)
Chapter 46: A HORSEMAN AND GUARDIANS (LAND OF BELEIF)
Chapter 47: CONSEQUENCES TO KILLING A GOD (MIDGARD part 1)
Chapter 48: THE CYCLE ENDS HERE (MIDGARD part 2)
Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)
Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)
Chapter 51: NORMAL (MIDGAR part 1)
Chapter 52: A HORSEMAN'S PERFECT WORLD (MIDGAR part 2)
Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH
Chapter 54: KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 55: LIGHT AND DARK CLASH (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 56: SCALA AD CAELUM (Final Battle part 3)
Chapter 57: MY NAME IS LEVI
Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)

411 3 8
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene shows Sora, Kairi, and Riku arriving to their designated world. It was similar to Timeless River, but more colorful. The items had landed somewhere around here, and they needed to find them.

Sora: man, this world's so similar to Disney Town in the past, but not in black and white.

Riku: it definitely gives off that old-school cartoon vibe.

???: (scream) help! Someone help!

Kairi: what was that?

Sora: trouble.

They run to the source, but were surprised at what they saw. Now, they're used to seeing odd people in worlds like this like ducks, dogs, horses, mice, and a few other things. But the last thing they expected to see was three cartoon like characters with cups for heads.

Cuphead, Mugman, Ms. Chalice

The three were surrounded by Heartless and appeared to be struggling against them. Acting immediately, the trio summon their weapons and went in to help.

Sora: we got this. You guys find some cover.

Cuphead: huh? Who are you guys?

Riku: we'll talk later. Get to safety.

Still confused, Mugman grabs Cuphead's hand and they and Chalice went off. The trio then spent a couple minutes defeating them and met up with the three cups again.

Cuphead: thanks for helping us.

Sora: no problem. The Heartless are always causing trouble.

Ms. Chalice: Heartless. Is that what they're called? I've never seen them before.

Mugman: yeah. They're even worse than the enemies we've been fighting.

Kairi: you guys fight monsters?

Cuphead: kinda. My name's Cuphead.

Mugman: I'm his brother, Mugman.

Ms. Chalice: and I'm the Legendary Chalice. But you can all me Ms. Chalice.

Sora: nice to meet you all. I'm Sora.

Riku: Riku.

Kairi: and my name's Kairi. (Beat) what did you meant when you said "kinda?"

Ms. Chalice: ask these two. They did something really stupid.

Sora: huh?

Cuphead: (nervous) we...kinda made a deal with the Devil.

Trio: what!?

Mugman: Cup and I went down to the Devil's Cusino and played craps. We were winning, enough for the Devil himself to come by. He then made an wager with us; if we win, we get all the money in the cusino. But if we lost, then he'd get our souls.

Cuphead: I was stupid and took the bet. I got snake-eyes and lost. We begged him to pay him another way, so he told us to collect the contracts he made with others and bring them back by midnight tomorrow. If we don't, we're dead.

Riku: (turns to Chalice) did make a deal with him?

Ms. Chalice: heavens no! I was imprisoned by dark magic until they came a helped rescued me. So, I'm helping them collect the rest of the contracts. That's when those monsters showed up and attacked us.

Sora: the Heartless go after hearts filled with darkness. Could they made be after those contracts?

Cuphead: maybe. We've collected a few, but we need seventeen total.

Riku: with the Heartless roaming here, it's not safe for you three. Let us handle this.

Cuphead: huh?

Sora: the Heartless will go for any heart filled with darkness. It's possible that they might be working for the Devil. If that's the case, you three should go home until everything's clear.

Mugman: but, the contracts.

Kairi: we can get them for you. All of you should go home where it's safe, and let us handle this.

The three cups look at each other, and could tell they were thinking the same thing.

Cuphead: I'm sorry, but we can't do that.

Sora: what?

Cuphead: if those things are as bad as you say, then all our friends in Inkwell are in danger from them. We have to help you guys stop them.

They still weren't sure about it, but seeing that these three won't back down, they agreed and began to travel around. Without Clara with them, they'd have to ask around on what's the history here. In this world, the Devil runs a Casino, along with his right hand man, Mr. King-Dice. There, they trick their customers by making them play their games, and after a wager is made, they're tricked into forming soul contracts that states their souls belong to the Devil. To help them, Mug and Cup's guardian, the Elder-Kettle, gave them a potion that gives them powers to shoot special projectiles, do unique abilities, and also special moves.

As they traveled, they came across one of the contracts. It was a green dragon called Grim Matchstick. But, when they arrived, the boss suddenly starts to change, and Heartless appeared. The gang teamed up to deal damage. The wielders were impressed at the fact that these three, despite their lack of combat, were holding their own pretty well. The dragon then gains a dark aura, and then a symbol from the heartless.

Mugman: guys look! That's the same symbol as some of the Heartless.

Riku: that means he's become one. Get ready!

The boss had a total of three stages. Each one was tough, and was a little bit frustrating to get through. But, in the end, they were successful in beating him, and they claimed the contract.

Sora: that was hard.

Cuphead: I know! Me and Mugman were lucky to get through most of them.

Mugman: but they weren't like that.

Ms. Chalice: (concern) Mugman?

Mugman: they were never that dark. Or had those monsters with them. And what I the others are like this? Who knows how much destruction they'll cause.

Sora: that's why we're here. To help defeat those things before more people get hurt.

Kairi: and actually, we're looking for something, too. A few friends of ours are in trouble, and we need certain items to help them.

???: is that so?

Surprised by the voice, they turn to see a tall man with white gloves, a purple suit with a big bow tie, black eyes, a mustache, and a dice for a head.

Mr. King-Dice

Cuphead and Mugman: (glares) King-Dice!

Mr. King-Dice: if it isn't my favorite people, Cuphead and Mugman. You boys have been doing a fine job at collecting those contracts. And, you've even brought a few friends here with you. Too bad you'll be saying goodbye tomorrow midnight.

Sora: leave them alone!

Mr. King-Dice: oh ho ho! So, this boy's got some fire in 'em. I like that.

Cuphead: cut it, Dice! What do you want!?

Mr. King Dice: I want to change our little deal. You see, the big boss's intrigue by these new comers, and by these so called "Heartless." So, he wants to up the stakes; if you six succeed in bringing the soul contracts, and defeating these Heartless by midnight, then your boy's contract will be burned. If not, then all your souls will be the Devil's.

Before either the brothers could deny the deal, the wielders agreed.

Sora: alright, we'll play your game.

Cuphead: what are you doing!?

Mr. King-Dice: excellent! In that case, you all best get the rest of the contracts here, then you can head over to the next Isle. (Exits)

Cuphead: why did you guys agree to do that!?

Ms. Chalice: I told you boys, I'm going to help you get through this.

Kairi's: and it's like they said, the Heartless are here. If we don't stop them, then your world will be plunged into darkness.

Mugman: you guys are willing to play the Devil's game?

Riku: compared to half the stuff we've experienced so far, this is just another day for us.

Sora: and like you said, we need to work together.

The brothers were surprised by the fact that their friends were willing to help them, despite the possibility of loosing their souls. With that, they smile and continued their journey.

*DEVIL'S CASINO*

In the Casino outside of the island, King-Dice was entering the main office to see a creature with black fur, gray hands and feet, yellow and black eyes, a tail, and two white horns.

Devil

King-Dice: the little mugs have some fight in 'em, I'll say that much! They're makin' mincemeat outta them debtors!

Devil: (evil grin) you see!! I knew there was something special about those fellas!

King-Dice: well, don't be too sure just yet, boss. I think there's somethin' fishy about those two. Not to mention, those four other friends of theirs.

Devil: don't blow your wid, Dice. If any of those little finks try anything...I'll be waiting.

King-Dice: if I may, I do have one question; why are you interested in those three humans?

Devil: you noticed those weapons they carry. If you recall, there was one person on the Isle that had them as well. About, thirty years ago if I remember.

King-Dice: that's right. I almost forgot about that miscreant. You think he's back?

Devil: no. But, I was close to having that power from him. Once I get those human's souls, I'll have that power for myself, and no one in all of Inkwell Isle will define me again! Keep them busy, and make sure those Heartless ensure they're busy.

King-Dice: you got it, boss.

*KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD*

Xehanort watches the events play out with a sinister grin on his face.

Xehanort: just as they foretold, all is falling into place. Soon, I will have Kingdom Hearts, and set things right.

???: you still believe that?

He shocked to hear the voice, and turns around to see an old enemy, that he once considered his best friend.

Eraqus: going all this won't change what happened all those years ago.

Xehanort: you're not here, Eraqus. You're just merely an illusion.

Eraqus: yet you acknowledge me. Why are you doing this? When the others suffered through the attacks, when we lost everything, you're the one they blamed. You act like a villain.

Xehanort: we are villains, Eraqus. We always have been. Only difference is, you were blinded by your light for too long.

Eraqus: and you chose to be in the dark. (Beat) you know, we almost had this talk seventy-five years ago, when you wouldn't go along with the deal we made. Everyone else agreed; Vor would live on Radiant Garden, Hermod would deal with Baldur.

Xehanort: and Bragi? Did he agree?

Eraqus: that's not how I wanted it to go down.

Xehanort: he was always a weakling.

Eraqus: he wanted to save us! Like-

Xehanort: like I'm trying to do.

Eraqus: (long pause) Xehanort, doing this won't make things right. The destinies of the worlds isn't meant to be controlled by one person , or by one force. They must choose their own path, their own force, in order to be in balance with themselves, and others. Do you understand?

Xehanort: (points to him) this is my birth right, Eraqus! You never understood! Never! (Turns away) neither did Laura.

Eraqus: oh, but she did. She knew us both more than anyone. (Somber) unfortunately... we were too blinded to see how this effected her. By the time we did... All we could do was mourn.

Eraqus then disappears completely, and Xehanort is alone. He didn't say anything, but the memory of what happened to him so long ago, still haunts him to this day.

Author's note: I have a love/hate relationship with this game.
I love the animation, story, characters, and gameplay. But, the bosses are so infuriating, I want to rip my face off. I still haven't completed it to this day. However, I did enjoy seeing cool fan art designs of Cuphead in Kingdom Hearts, so I wanted to add it to the story.
Ms. Chalice is here as well. Delicious Last Course hasn't been released yet (and it probably won't for a while due to the pandemic), so this is by imagination on how it plays out. I think she'll be an unlock-able character after the monuments. So, as repayment for saving her, she's traveling with the brothers.
Essentially, the bosses are pretty much the same as the game, and the Run and Gun levels. However, the minor enemies are replaced with Heartless, and the bosses are turned into Heartless, and will remain like that until the contracts are destroyed.
Who's the wielder they mentioned? Let's just say they're connected to the current situation they're facing.
Xehanort and Eraqus speak again. I've played a little of Dark Road, so some the elements will play out in this. I might change their names in this universe, cause as interesting as these characters are, their names are just weird.
Here's an updated look on the Soulless.

It's not exactly perfect, but the premise of it is that they're mindless spirits that bring chaos. They now have a pale green aura on them to give that spectral kind of vibe. All Soulless will have gray ad the primary color, and the pentagram symbol.

Side note: with the current roster of worlds, I have no more room to add more without making the book longer than intended. So, any worlds suggested, or not seen in the info chapter, will be put off to the side and will have to appear in other stories.

Next chapter: one hell of a time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 149 10
Many people have different versions of themselves scattered throughout the multiverse. Unfortunately, due to certain events in the multiverse, realit...
2.6K 169 8
#. twst + kh x reader! → whenever visiting a new world, you're never supposed to mention the ones that came before it. they must never know of one a...
15.2K 184 124
Time of the Keyblade Final Mix Kingdom Hearts 3.5 Dragon War Final Mix Knight of the Storm Final Mix Parts 1 and 2 Arcturus Farron's journey through...
6.5K 85 21
Here's the 6th adventure of the Kingdom Hearts journeys. Staying behind to find their three missing friends, Sora, and some of his friends look aroun...