You different

By -Rockii

Read to find out :) disclaimer: before reading you might want to read Blessings & Our Blessings but you don't... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
PSA‼️
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
New book Alert

Chapter 6

58.6K 3.3K 7.1K
By -Rockii

Omniscient
Houston, Texas

"Kani you could take me somewhere?" Mahogany asked Sekani walking in his room.

"Take you where bruh?" He asked rubbing his eyes. He literally just wanted to go to sleep.

"Track tryouts." She cheesed.

"Why you ain't stay after school?" He asked closing his eyes again.

"Cause i wanted to take a nap, duh." She said.

"Wea mama at?" He asked.

"Her store."

"Whea da at?" He asked.

"He- Sekani its a yes or no question." She said.

"You need to get your own car bruh." He sighed rolling out his bed.

"I hope i get one for my birthday." She smiled.

"Hmm." He said handing her his keys.

"You really finna let me drive?" She asked shocked. She knew how mich her brother LOVED his car so this was very surprising to her.

"Yuh, wreck my shit and thats yo ass." He said lowly turning over going back to sleep.

"We'll get back in 1 piece." Mahogany shrugged and Sekani just turned around and went back to sleep. Just as he was drifting back to sleep his phone started ringing.

"What?" He asked rudely.

"Oh- im sorry." Nijah frowned.

"You straight, wassup?" He asked.

"Guess what!" She said excitedly.

"What?"

"I said guess silly."

"You got a dog?" He guessed.

"Nope, i made the volleyball team." She smiled.

"I thought volleyball season was over basketball season finna start." He said confused.

"It's an extended season."

"emm congratulations. You gone come to my games?" He asked.

"I don't know a thing about basketball." Nijah frowned.

"Thats not what i asked." He sighed.

"Are you okay, I don't like your energy right now." Nijah frowned.

"Nah, i was actually sleep before you called. You interrupted that." He said.

"Oh, well call me when you wake up." Instead of replying to her statement he just hung the phone up and got comfortable again before going to sleep.

"You acting like you ain't know you was gone make the team." Yasmine said looking at Nijah who smiled big.

"You never know, dont ever think your spot is secured because the unexpected could happen." Nijah shrugged.

"Yea yeah, you knew you were gonna make it." Yasmine said waving her off.

"How about a congratulations best friends im proud of you." Nijah said rolling her eyes. 

"Congratulations best friend, im proud of you." Yasmine smiled and Nijah waved her off.

"I don't want it anymore." She shrugged.

"Hey, congrats Nijah." Ashley said coming up to Nijah.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Want me to drive you home?" She asked.

"Yeah thats cool." Nijah nodded.

"But you never let me drive you home." Yasmine said cutting her eyes at Nijah.

"You never asked Yas." Nijah said. Nijah was honestly starting to get very irritated with Yasmine.

"Okay, Nijah ill text you when i get home." She said before walking away. Nijah just sighed before walking off with Ashley.

"Thats your friend?" Ashley asked scrunching her face.

"Yeah why?" Nijah frowned

"Why does she have that loud color in her hair thats not cute." Ashley frowned. Nijah stopped walking and frowned.

"It actually is cute." Nijah said.

"It's ghetto but thats what you people like." Ashley shrugged before turning around noticing Nijah stopped walking.

"You people? And what do you mean by that?" Nijah asked.

"You know what i meant."

"I sure did and your hella racist. Talking about you people you know what im gonna catch a ride with my people." Nijah scoffed before rolling her eyes walking away. She took her phone out and called Yasmine but she didn't answer.

Sigh. She knew he was sleep but she called anyways. Sekani woke up again sucking his teeth at his phone before answering.

"Kj." Nijah said.

"Fuck do you want Nijah?" He asked in a raspy voice.

"Soo likeee im stuck." She sighed. She hated that she was waking him up but she refused to stay at the school by herself.

She could've called her parents but it would've been pointless. They'll ask why she didn't catch a ride with Ashley and once she say the reasoning they'll just say she over exaggerated.

"Mmcht, fuck you mean you stuck son?" Sekani asked scrunching his face.

"Im stuck at the school with no ride, and you being the good friend that you are is willing to wake up out of your slumber and come get me." She stared confidently with a smile.

"Ion got my car Nijah." He sighed rubbing his eyes.

"Darn, well never mind thanks though. You could stay on the phone with me while i walk home?" She asked poking out her bottom lip.

"mhmm, how far you stay from the school?" He asked.

"Oh, like a 25 minutes that's not nothing." She shrugged.

"mmcht, stay wea you at bruh im finna meet you." Sekani said sucking his teeth standing up from his bed stretching.

"Nooo, you could go back to sleep Kj just don't hang up the phone." She sighed.

"Shut up, i already got my shoes on. Why would i let you walk fa 25 minutes roaming da streets by yourself, mind you youn got no type of streets smarts. Somebody snatch yo li ass." Sekani said throwing his hoodie over his head .

"K-"

"Stop talking ta me." He said cutting her off walking out his room grabbing his keys. He put her on pause and went to his messages.

Myheart❤️:

I just left da house ta go meet a friend, and i let pookie use my car.

you did wha- you straight?

yeah ma, i just ain't feel like taking
ha😂.

Yall needa get ha a car.

Ain't getting shit from me spoiled ass broke my computer✋🏾.

CAP! Knowing you and da gone get her a car bye.

Boy stfu, you talk to much😑.

Anyways thanks fa letting me know be safe, and you bet not turn yo location off either.

Now why would i do that?

Lets not act like you ain't never turn yo location off.

Acting like you aint never did that when you was a kid.

"What you doing why you so quiet?" Nijah asked.

"Texting my mama." He replied dryly.

Who? Boy i did alotta shit when i was a kid. Lets not get me started😂✋🏾.

Yeah lets not im not finna listen to no story time😒.

I- bye Kani. Just hurt my feelings like that.

You know i love you mama😂.

Yeah yeah, i love you too.

Sekani exited his messages with his mama before going back to the call as he walked down the street.

"You wanna know something." Nijah spoke.

"What?" He asked glancing down at his phone before looking back up.

"I admire the way, you adore your mama and sister." She said. She probably said that so randomly but she didn't have anything else to talk about so hey.

"Whatchu mean?" He asked crossing the street.

"Like, you have so much respect and love for them. Like the other day when you were telling me about your sister. You smiled just talking about her or whenever you talk about your mom it's like your whole face light up. Which is rare because you always look like somebody did you sum." Nijah said with a light chuckle.

"Ian notice i did that." He shrugged.

"Sekani it's not fair that you meeting me all the way at the school. Ill meet you at the park." Nijah said as she started walking.

"Aight." He said cause in all honesty he didn't feel like walking to that school anyway.

"You coming to my first game?" Sekani asked.

"I don't even understand basketball honestly." Nijah shrugged causing Sekani to sigh.

"That's not what i asked Nijah." He said.

"I- can i call you Sekani because you always call me Nijah."

"You gotta nickname?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"No-"

"Aight then, but ion care." He shrugged.

"Yay, Sekani such a cute name." She coo'd and he sucked his teeth. "You and your sister have unique names what does it mean?" She asked.

"Nijah, you talk so damn much." He sighed throwing his head back. "But my name mean joy and Mahogany name mean rich and strong."

"What about your younger sister, whats her name?"

"Miracle."

"What made them pick Miracle?" Nijah asked.

"Cause ha ass survived a plan b." He said with a chuckle making Nijah laugh.

"I know she bad." Nijah laughed.

"She is, thats my li daughter though. We argue everyday but its all love." He said shaking his head. "You da only child huh?" He asked. Nijah was silent for a while because she honestly didn't know if she had siblings or not.

"Yeah." She sighed.

"I use ta wanted ta be da only child but that shit get boring." Sekani said shaking his head. "But my sister only a year younger den me so ion know shit bout being a only child."

"It's very boring, depressing even. I hate it. You ever felt alone in the presence of others?" Nijah asked.

"Nah." Sekani said walking over to the swings at the park. His family always made sure he was straight and showed him all the love and affection that he needed. Not that they even had to try to. They were just loving parents to their children.

"Well, thats how i am. When im at home it's like im by myself and it gets so sad at times imagine living like that."

"Shit, come kick it with me and my people we just be coolin." Sekani shrugged. "Wea you at?" He asked looking in her background.

"Im coming i see you." She said looking over at the swings.

"You needa hurry up cause im sleepy." Sekani sighed.

"Where we finna go anyway?" She asked.

"My crib." He said leaning his head on his arm.

"Who over there?" She asked.

"Nobody." He yawned.

"So what- uhn un Sekani." She said shaking her head as she reached the swings and he hung the phone up.

"Whatchu mean uhn un?" Sekani asked frowning.

"I've never been in a house alone with a boy." She shrugged sitting on the other swing.

"You act like im gone rape you or sum. Ion wanna do nun to yo li ass. Im finna go back ta sleep den ill take you home when my sister bring my shit back." He said.

"I don't even think my parents would allow that, would yours?" She asked.

"My parents be coolin, as long as ian fuckin in nea im straight."

"Okay, but would they be cool with me being there?" She asked.

"Didn't i jus- Nijah they not gone mind." He said standing up. "Now come on man." He said nodding for her to get up as he took his phone out.

Pops🖤:

Me & my friend finna be in da house.

uhn un, you better go fuck yo 'friend' somewhere else.

Im finna tell yo mama !

mmcht, it ain't even like that this my li homie for real.

Sound like Namir and Diamond ta me but they fuck na.

Im finna go to sleep anyway ian fucking nobody.

You better make shoo yo 'li homie' dont steal shit from my house.

she ain't even like that😑. Ion fw folks det steal.

TUH !

We ain't even finna speak onnat son move around😂.

"My mama asked where i was and I don't know what ta say." Nijah said looking down at her phone.

"You- you so damn innocent. Say you at the library or sum shit." He shrugged.

Madre🤍

where are you?

The library studying.

Come straight home afterwards young lady.

Yes ma'am.

"Welps im in trouble." She sighed as they walked down the street.

"You ain't ever get in trouble before?" He asked curiously.

"Rarely." She shrugged. "You?"

"Shitchea, got my ass tew up. But ion really get in trouble nomo shit i just be coolin." He shrugged.

"You remember when you was telling me you be feeling alone and shit?" He asked her and she nodded.

"Thats why you be listening to Nf and that Lewis nigga?" He asked.

"Yeah, they help me get through alot I can't get through on my own." She shrugged.

"If i looked at you I wouldn't think shit wrong with you. You always smilin and shit. You should be a actress." He pointed out.

"I smile because i deserve to. All the obstacles in life i went through and i felt like I didn't deserve to smile or anything. I got through it on my own so for that i deserve to smile so i will." She shrugged as Sekani just looked over at her.

"I fuck with it." He nodded.

"Can i get on your back?" She asked poking out her bottom lip.

"You straight." He said shaking his head.

"My legs hurt, and they're sore." She whined. Today was her first time actually working out her body in a while.

"You need to walk it off." He shrugged and she sucked her teeth.

Nijah laid at the end of Sekani's bed while he was sleep listening to Lewis Capaldi with her head phones in. The lyrics to Hold me While you Wait played in her ears.

Hold me while you wait
I wish that I was good enough (hold me while you wait)
If only I could wake you up (hold me while you wait)
My love, my love, my love, my love
Won't you stay a while? (Hold me while you wait)

The song always made her think about her parents. Biological. She always tried not to but she couldn't help it. She wanted to know any little thing. How they looked, where was she originally from. It was lots of questions she wanted answered. But she was also angry more than anything.

Tell me more, tell me something I don't know Could we come close to havin' it all? If you're gonna waste my time Let's waste it right.

She wiped her eyes before looking at her phone checking the time she'd been here for a good hour and a half and she was extremely hungry. But she didn't wanna go roaming through his house or kitchen.

"Kani he- oh hey." Mahogany started off walking in the room with Sekani's keys until she seen the pretty girl from the party. "Nijah right?" She asked.

"Yeah, hey." Nijah waved awkwardly.

"Sekani." Mahogany said shaking him.

"Im finna beat yo ass." He groaned opening his eyes.

"Hea go your keys, and mama said the food done." She said throwing him the keys.

"Mmcht, when she got here?" He asked.

"Ion know, i just got here." She shrugged.

"Bruhbruh." Miracle said coming in the room catching Nijah's attention as she looked at the girl in awe.

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"Food dun." She said before looking over at Nijah and stood behind Mahogany's leg and waved shyly.

"Hey pretty girl." Nijah waved.

"Aight, i gotta go somewhere then ill be back." Sekani said sitting up getting out the bed stretching putting his shoes on.

"I gotta piss." He mumbled going to the bathroom.

"Come on Miracle lets go eat eat. You eating Nijah?" Mahogany asked.

"Oh no, im fine thanks though." She smiled and Mahogany nodded and picked up Miracle before walking out the room.

"Pookie her pretty." Miracle said resting her head on Mahogany's shoulder.

"Just like you." Mahogany smiled.

"Me know i pretty." Miracle said picking her head up wiping her hand under her chin.

"You need to cut it out." Mahogany said shaking her head.

Nijah had stood up the bed putting her shoes back on and making sure she had everything. Sekani came out the bathroom and burped putting his hand over his chest.

"S'cuse me." He said grabbing his keys and phone.

"You hungry?" He asked her.

"Im fine." She lied.

"Lying ass." He mumbled walking out her door with Nijah following.

They walked out the room and headed downstairs and made a right to the kitchen.

"Seka- oh I didn't know anybody else was here. Hey, im Kiya Sekani's mom." Kiya introduced cutting her eyes at her son. Instantly making Nijah nervous.

"Hi, im Nijah a friend of Sekani's." Nijah said shyly.

"Nice to meet you, you eating?" Kiya asked. Kiya had some words for her son but she wasn't about to just be rude to the unknown girl standing in her kitchen.

"You too, and no thank you. Thanks for asking though." Nijah responded.

"Waddup ma." Sekani said giving his mama a hug.

"Why you didn't tell me you were having company over?" She asked turning around to fix Nijah and Sekani's plate anyway.

"I told da, i thought he was gone tell you. You know that yall tell each other everything." Sekani shrugged.

"mhmm. But yall could sit down ima bring yall food. I refuse fa you not to eat in my care." Kiya said to Nijah and she just nodded with a smile.

"Thank you." She said looking down playing with her fingers before following behind Sekani and going to the dining room and sat down.

"I shoulda told you, she was gone make you eat." Mahogany said looking at Nijah.

"Its fine." She chuckled. She was honestly nervous never had she met somebody parents friends or not.

"Bruhbruh yo girl fren?" Miracle asked pointing at Nijah.

"Nah, she my friend." He said before looking down at his phone. Kiya came in and placed the placed Miracle and Nijah plate down in front of them since Mahogany already fixed hers.

"Aight Kani i said i was gone fix yours but ion feel like going back in nea and you picky." Kiya said sitting down in front of her plate.

"Yeah you wrong fa that." Sekani chuckled standing up going to fix his food.

"So you and Kani?" Kiya asked Nijah. She wasn't gonna get too into his business because she believed in privacy but she at least wanted to know who Nijah was to Sekani.

"We're just friends." Nijah assured with a smile. "Thanks for the food." She added.

"Oh, no problem. Yall just met?"

"A couple weeks ago." Nijah nodded.

"Oh okay, i like that you have manners too." Kiya pointed out.

"Thank you." Nijah nodded. "I hope I don't sound weird but your very pretty." Nijah added.

"Awe thank you, your pretty too boo." Kiya said before she started eating her food.

"Mama so i think i made the track team." Mahogany said starting a conversation with her mom locking her phone. Nijah envied this. She liked how they were family oriented something she always dreamed of.

"Aye, ma these red beans smack." Sekani said eating from his plate as he walked in back to where he was.

"Yeah i know, call me chef Kiya." She cheesed. "Well y'all can't call me that." She added. The front door sounded indicating that somebody had just walked in and they all knew it was K3.

"Daddy's home, or whatever usher said." Kamari said walking in the dining room.

"Waddup folks." He said with a head nod.

"Daddy!" Miracle squealed before getting outta her seat and running over to her dad. He picked her and kissed her cheek.

"Waddup daddy baby." He said cheesing at Miracle.

"Hey baby." Kiya said as Kamari bent down and gave her a kiss.

"Hey da." Mahogany said still eating her food. She was happy her daddy was home but she refused to stop eating her food.

"Waddup." Sekani said with a head nod.

"This the friend you was talking bout?" He asked his son nodding his head towards Nijah.

"Yeah, this my friend Nijah, Nijah thats my pops." Sekani said before he started back eating.

"Wassup." K3 said with a head nod.

"Hey, nice to meet you."

"Same, gone head finish eating Miracle im finna get inna tub." He said putting her down back in her seat before heading towards the stairs.

"That wasn't so bad." Nijah said to herself.
____________________________

Okay see yall next week😂✌🏾.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 8K 74
Not good with descriptions just read I promise it's good lol
24K 587 40
just read it.
751 30 27
Just Read It!