Bloodstream

By meimyselfforever

I stopped inches away from her. I could feel the heat radiating off her body. I was too close. She kept her e... More

Prologue
01 Gunshot
02 Hex
03 A Story
04 Red
06 Green
07 Rest
08 He Left?
09 Distraction
10 A Visitor
11 Coming With You
12 Everything
13 The Real Story
14 Ten Minutes
15 No
16 Dream Walking
17 Curiosity
18 Patience
19 Alpha Boy
20 Incendia
21 Drink From The Vein
22 Baby
23 Insatiable
24 A Bad Idea
25 Leave
26 Dissension
27 I Have To Find Her
28 He Knows Something
29 Two Can Play
30 Good Girl
31 Sanctum
32 Letter For Her
33 Bath
34 Blood Stained Wall
35 News From...
36 Space?
37 We Got Shit To Do
38 Into The Woods
39 Tied Down
40 Mind Games
41 He Looks Familiar
42 Witch Hunt
43 Till Midnight
44 Blue
45 Its Unheard Of
46 A Hint
47 Let's Go Home
48 I Missed This
49 Our Best Shot
50 Shaky
51 Are The Boys Behaving Themselves?
52 Why Would I Start A War?
53 Is This It?
54 Let's Get This Over With
55 What Had To Be Done
56 Howl In The Woods
57 Do You Wanna Know?
58 I Have A Bad Feeling
59 Fire and Knives
Epilogue

05 Mistake

311 14 35
By meimyselfforever

Axel

"Nooo" . I heard Ezra's voice coming from across the hallway. I wasn't paying attention to him. My ears was only fixed on one heartbeat. The one I was holding in my hand.

From the corner of my eye I could see the man I had just taken down get up but before anyone could make another move I pulled my hand out of her chest. I saw her eyes close and her body fell to the floor. Her heart was still in my hands.

That man was quick to grab her before she collided with the marble. He was about to join her soon anyway. But before I could take a step towards him I was pushed back again.

"Enough" Ezra yelled into my face. I could see the anger in his eyes. He turned around and knelt down on the floor beside them.

I hadn't realised the fight around us had stopped. Most of the men around belonged to her and they were all looking at me like they could rip me apart in seconds.

I didn't process what had happened until that point. We were fighting. She pushed me back. I ripped her heart out. I hadn't even payed attention to who it was until I pulled her heart from her chest.

I looked down at the heart that was still in my hand.

"Sage" Ezra's shout from earlier rung in my ears and the realisation hit me. It hit me hard.

No.

I just ripped out Sage Amherst's heart.

***********

Few hours ago

"This isn't happening" I yelled as I threw my glass at the wall hearing it smash to pieces took my mind off my loud thoughts. But that only worked for a few seconds.

"You need to calm yourself Axel" I turned in the direction in which the voice came from

"Don't fucking tell me to be calm Ezra" I almost yelled at him. He didn't bat an eyelash. He just stood there at the door like he was made of stone.

He just walked through the door and made his way to the chair at the corner. He sat down and eyed me in silence. He had no idea how much his presence was pissing me off right now.

"Have you found out about the bullet?" His voice drew my attention back to him.

" I've sent word to a few witches. My men are working on it" I said in an annoyed tone.

His question made me think back to Sicily. Back when it all started. There was a business meeting between Gervase and Kallihan and some other cities. My brother was there and so was Ezra.

I saw them exchanging pleasantries before entering the room. Fake pleasantries. Everyone knew the Kingdoms didn't really get along. But we all did fight on the same side in the War so I guess that counted as harmony.

The next thing I heard was gunshots and glass shattering. I rushed in there almost immediately. There was no one there besides the people we knew. My brother was shielding himself behind a table. I saw Ezra practically jump out of the window.

I didn't follow him because my eyes were on the two injured vampires on the floor. They started screaming in pain and then they did something none of us expected.

They attacked us.
They behaved as if they didn't have any control over their body.

Needless to say they had their hearts ripped out of their chests in seconds.
My brother was up on his feet by then and was on the phone with his men telling them to search the grounds.

"Ezra" My ears fixed on a voice. A girl.

I rushed to the window to see Ezra grabbing a girl and shoving her into the car. He told her he would follow behind. I later learned that it was his sister there that night.

His men stayed close and some of them followed the other car. He started walking towards his car when he grabbed his head and started screaming in pain. And I knew exactly what was happening in that moment.

I remember the panic that rushed through me. Ezra was a pure blood it would be hard to contain him if he lost his mind like the others.

My legs moved on their own and I was behind him in seconds, shoving him to the side.

His eyes were red with hunger and his men had backed away from him.

He looked at me and smirked and then charged right at me. He was strong and almost knocked me off my feet. But I managed to push him against the car. We threw punches and kicks and everything we could.

My brother was out of the building by that time. The next second he was standing behind Ezra and I saw his hand shoot through Ezra's chest and pull his heart out. Why didn't I think of that earlier?

"It'll grow back" Donovan said as he dropped the heart on the ground and walked towards the car.

"Bring him" I said to one of our men.

They picked up Ezra's body and put him into the car.

Ezra had been with us since then. We've been trying to figure out how that attack actually happened. In an establishment surrounded by vampires someone would have heard something at least.

I called in a witch to acess the bullet we pulled from Ezra. He was a pure blood, obviously he survived that . Regular vampires weren't that lucky.

The witch told me the bullet was hexed and it made a vampire hungrier and rabid and loose their train of thought and all that kind of crazy shit that I didn't want to hear.

Not long after Sicily other incidents started coming up. Huntley had to put down some vamps in the streets to prove their alliance and protection to the humans.

Gervase. My kingdom. We shut everything down. No one was allowed to enter or leave. We had five incidents up until then and I didn't want to have to put down anymore of my own people.

The latest incident came out of Kallihan this morning. Rumours of Ezra's sister Sage being attacked. That news itself shook us all.

I hadn't met her yet. Not even during the war. The fact that someone would go after a pure blood was a concern to all of us.

I didn't know if Ezra knew about this yet.

"Have you called your sister?" I said looking back at Ezra who was now leaning back in his chair with his eyes closed.

"No. Why?" I could hear the curiosity in his voice. He clearly didn't know.

"There are rumours of an incident in Kallihan this morning..." I said rounding the table and sitting down on my chair.

"Where?" His voice was firm but still held curiosity . He was the Ruler of the place after all. He should be...

"I don't know there are rumours..."

"Sage is there. She'll take care of it" he cut me off. He was so confident about his sister.

Then he leaned back in his chair. I had to tell him.

"There are rumours" i began in a loud tone, telling him to pay attention to me. His eyes shot back to me. "Sage was attacked" I spat out.

His expression went from pure shock to concern to raging anger in seconds.

"You're telling me this now." His voice was low and threatening. His fists clenched. "My sister was attacked and you tell me now!" He practical yelled.

I just gave him a glare. My hands were itching to rip his heart out once again. But I understood his fear. I understood his anger.

"I need to get on a flight" he said walking away from the table towards the door. "Now" he emphasized, turning his head to the side a bit.

I stood up to follow him out of the room and within seconds I was walking down the long corridor beside him.

"There are no reports of any major killings so calm the fuck down Ezra" i said trying to get him to ease up.

He stopped walking and turned to face me.

"Have you met my sister Axel? He asked in a sarcastic tone.

"No " i stated. The rumours i heard about her were enough.

"If she was shot by one of those rabid bullets..." Frustrated, ran his hand down his face "she'll have an entire city dripping in blood by nightfall and she cannot be contained ". He made sure to enunciate the last part real slow for me to register.

"I need to get home now" his back was facing me as he walked away. The authority in his voice almost camouflaged his concern.

I pulled out my phone and arranged for a flight back to Kallihan.

Apparently Donovan thought it was a good idea for me to go along with him to Kallihan. I hadn't been to that place in centuries .

There hadn't been news out of Kallihan since a few hours ago. No one knew what the situation was out there. For all you know the city was already in a pool of blood. So I decided to go along with Ezra just in case extra help was needed. Not that he needed it. He was the King out there. But I wanted to find out more about these attacks. They were really starting to get to me and even though Ezra was a capable of handling things by himself, I'd be way more satisfied if i saw it for myself

This wasn't just random attacks anymore. A pure blood....a Royal being attacked was a big deal. I had a bad feeling. Something bad was going to happen...

******

We reached Kallihan past midnight. There were men waiting for us outside the airport. Ezra had tried his sister's number way too many times and finally gave up after a while.

I chose not to speak. I was annoyed enough to be here... away from home.

"Thanks Nathaniel" i heard Ezra get off the phone with someone. I didn't realise I had zoned out until then.

I saw him breathe a sigh of relief.

"What?" I asked him

"She's alright" he breathed out " She's at her place on the other side of town...we have to go there"

"She doesn't live at the Castle?" my curiosity was peaked. The woman was practically the Queen of this place. A Queen that ran illegal businesses but still...

"She likes being alone " he simply stated and proceeded to give the driver directions.

We had two more cars ahead of us. They were updated too. So we made our way to Sage's place.

We reached there and a few men were already entering the building. It was a skyscraper. Towering over most of the buildings around.

"She likes living boujee" I heard Ezra's voice beside me as I was admiring the building. Sage was into alot of illegal businesses or so I heard. Ofcourse she liked living the luxe life.

My ears buzzed with gunshots. It was coming from inside the building.

Ezra and I exchanged confused looks and rushed through the entrance immediately.

"These are Sage's men" I heard Ezra. But I didn't care. I saw my men lying injured and dead on the floor and I snapped.

The next couple of minutes were me snapping necks and ripping people's hearts out if they pushed me too far. Most of them were older vampires so it took a little longer to take them down.

I looked over at Ezra and he had snapped a few necks too. He turned his back to stop the rest of the men outside the building from entering. There was enough bloodshed in here.

I was about to pull myself back together when I was tackled down by a man. He was strong. You could tell he was an old vampire. I tried to push him off me but he kept hitting me. I shoved my hand through his chest but I was pushed back against the wall again. All I saw was red. I pushed my hand through the person's chest and pulled out their heart.

It all happened in merely a few minutes but by the time I realised what I had done it was too late.

***********

This was a long chapter people. I got tired writing this. But if sat through it then thank you so much.

So now we kind of have an idea what happened back at Sicily.

We know where Ezra had been.

We also know who was at Sage's house that night.

Let me know your theories and thoughts in the comments.

Don't forget to vote if you liked this chap.

See you guys soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 95.1K 69
| MATURE CONTENT | "You are fuckíng mine. Do you understand that?" That harsh growl echoed in my head.. His words scarring my mind. I could feel the...
1.3K 75 13
(Completed Book One 🖤) They're sinful. Beautiful. Deadly. And more dangerous than the wolves who hunt us in the woods. Three Vampires rule our wo...
10K 64 38
- So? - I whispered in his ears and I could smell his scent. - What? - Do you feel yourself in danger? - I don't see why should I - he said leani...
58.4K 1.9K 83
{A SAPPHIC VAMPIRE TALE- COMPLETE} 18+ (this story can be read as a stand-alone if you wish)❗️ This is heartbreak, this is betrayal. When Marine, a...