Abused

By Time_Ticks_Away

It is one year after Voldemort is defeated. Headmistress Mcgonagall invites students with unfinished educatio... More

Notice, Please Read!
The Letters
Packing
Departure
Arrival
Day One
Bumper Buddies
Our Little Secret
Anticlimactic
The Second Meeting
Why?
Learn To Be Lonely
I Don't Keep Promises
The Worst "Lesson" Yet
Anything
Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun
The Invitation
Manners
The Two Boys
Would You Rather
Stark White
Make-Out-Girls
George
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Reducio
Please Don't
Complete Darkness
Bad Dream
Living in Fear
Thank You
You'll See
Gossip
Ship
Apology
3 AM
Apple
Impossible
Panic Attack
Worthless
Smile
Recap
Madam Pomfrey
Breakthrough
Friends
Shock
Breathing
Gone
Inside
The Room
Aberforth
Love
Déjà Vu
Happy

Shut up

3.8K 89 19
By Time_Ticks_Away

Pansy, Draco, and Aberforth all stood awestruck, staring at Hermione, her hand placed confidently on her hip. 

"I'll be damned if I let that bastard have anymore leverage over my life." Hermione flicked her wand through the air towards Ron, as if she were issuing one last warning. "Now, my head hurts so let's get back to-" Hermione was suddenly cut off by Pansy grabbing and pulling her into a tight hug. Hermione laughed as she was caught off guard.

"Oh, 'Mione. I've been so worried about you. We all have." Pansy pulled back from the embrace but held her grasp on Hermione's shoulders. "We all love you so much and don't you ever forget that. I don't care what that Weasel or anyone else says." Pansy kept eye contact with Hermione for a second before pulling her back in for an even tighter hug. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." At this, Hermione finally broke and she felt all the tears held up since the beginning of the school year finally fall loose. But they weren't just tears of sadness or fear, there were tears from happiness. Hermione knew that she was loved. She could finally break free from the months of physical and emotional abuse. 

Draco stood frozen, still in shock that Ron would try to cast a killing curse on him. He knew he was far gone to have done the things he had, but he never had guessed had bad it really was. 

After Aberforth let Hermione and Pansy have their moment, he spoke. 

"We need to get you kids back. I'm sure everyone is still incredibly worried." Pansy and Hermione finally turned away from each other and look at Aberforth. 

"Alright. I guess we should go back," Hermione smiled as she wiped the left over tears from her face. Aberforth smiled at the three kids and nodded. 

Together, with Aberforth carrying Ron, the group headed back to the school. Pansy filled Hermione in on the entirety of the situation that had occurred while she was gone as Draco just smiled and nodded along. However, they eventually decided to head to a lighter subject and wondered if the Winter Ball would still take place, with all the chaos going on. 

"I hope it does, I mean I already bought a dress. And an amazing one, at that," Pansy stated. Hermione laughed. 

"And you wouldn't want to disappoint your date, now would you?" Pansy blushed and playfully pushed Hermione. 

"Stop it, 'Mione." The group laughed together. 

"Speaking of dates," Draco suddenly started, speaking for the first time since they left the bar. The two girls turned towards him. He chuckled and rubbed his neck nervously. "Well, I was just wondering if you were still down to go. With me, I mean. Because I just wasn't sure if you'd still be up for it. I mean, with all the stuff going on lately. And it's totally fine if you don't want to. I just-" Hermione finally cut off Draco's stuttering. 

"Draco." She laughed as she cut him of. "Of course I still want to go." Pansy and Hermione both continued laughing as Draco blushed an even darker shade of red. 

The group finally arrived back at the school, where McGonagall was the first to spot them. She immediately ran over and grabbed Hermione. 

"Dear god. Are you alright? Did you get hurt? What happened?" McGonagall paused for a second as she examined Hermione's face. Suddenly, she pulled her into a hug. "I'm glad you're alright, Ms. Granger." Hermione was taken aback for a second, but finally smiled and hugged McGonagall in return. 

"Thank you, Headmistress." After explaining the full situation to McGonagall, which worried her to say the least, the group gathered the rest people searching. The situation was explained, leaving out just a few details in an attempt to protect the Weasley family's reputation. However, it wasn't hard for most students to figure out Ron was behind it. He hadn't exactly been the nicest this school year and it wasn't really a secret that he had been mistreating Hermione. Plus, his unconscious body that everybody failed the mention gave quite a big clue, too. 

Hermione's family was notified of the situation, and McGonagall agreed to send someone to bring them to the school. The Weasley family was promptly informed of the situation too, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley immediately set off on their way. Hermione was hugged by many people asking if she was okay, even by people she had never spoken to before. Even the other Eighth year girls who had talked behind her back before came to make sure she was alright. Hannah looked as if she had been crying.

"We're all so sorry for anything we've ever said about you!" Hannah exclaimed as she hugged Hermione. 

"To be blunt, I was just jealous and stupid, Hermione. I was just jealous you had so many boys in line when you already had a boyfriend, and I was just single and lonely." Parvati chuckled. "I'm not trying to make excuses for what I said, and you don't have to forgive me, but I just want you to know that I'm so incredibly sorry," Parvati added. Hermione smiled as she looked at the four girls. 

"It's really alright, girls. To be honest, when I heard you talking about me, the things you said really did hurt. So thank you for apologizing, it really does mean a lot," Hermione replied. The four girls looked at each other and smiled widely. 

"I'm so happy you're forgiving us!" Susan exclaimed. "I couldn't bear the tense air between us all!" Hermione cut her off.

"I didn't say I was forgiving you." The four girls' smiles faded off their faces as they looked at Hermione.

"Oh, sorry for assuming," Susan muttered as she looked down at her feet. Hermione laughed and smiled widely. 

"I'm joking, Susan! Of course, I forgive you!" Susan and the other girls smiled widely once again and they all laughed. 

"Yay!" Hannah grabbed Hermione for a hug and the other girls followed suit. Hermione was suddenly torn away from the group by another frantic hug from two unknown figures. Hermione pulled away and looked up to find her parents, their faces covered in worry. Hermione couldn't help but to burst into tears in front of them. She had gone through so much this school year and she had barely gotten to speak to her own parents about it. Her parents had been told of everything on the way to Hogwarts, so all they wanted to do was hug their daughter. 

"You're not mad at me?" Hermione asked as she wiped away her tears. Her mother gasped. 

"Why would we be mad at you?" her mother asked, surprised. "This was so far from your fault. You stayed so strong throughout all of this time. Although we do wish you never ever had to go through anything like this, if anything, we're proud of you." Hermione smiled wider than she had in a long time. She had a long conversation with her parents, both about Ron and then just about the Winter Ball. Hermione explained her dress to her parents and they both demanded for her to send over a picture of her in it. 

Eventually, Hermione and her parents parted ways with long hugs and heartfelt words, and Hermione went to find Pansy and Draco. However, she was stopped by another gentle hand on her shoulder. She turned and found herself face-to-face with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Her smile slowly faded as she found all her words stuck in her throat. They both wore sad smiles on their faces. Both looked as if they had aged years on their trip to the school and both looked exhausted, both physically and emotionally. Finally, Hermione found her voice.

"Mr. and Mrs. Weasley-" But as Hermione started speaking, her voice broke. "I'm so sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley." Hermione broke down into crying as she faced the parents of her abuser, scared of what they would think of her, and unsure of what to think of them. After all, she basically thought of the Weasley's as her second family. However, as her tears streamed down her face, she felt two pairs of hands grab her and pull her into yet another hug, which only succeeded in making Hermione cry harder. 

"We're the ones who should be apologizing, Hermione. I'm so sorry this ever had to happen to you. I even suspected something was off about Ron, and yet I never did anything. If he hurt you anymore than he already had, I wouldn't be able to live with myself," Mrs. Weasley spoke as her hands rubbed Hermione's back to console her. At this point, Hermione realized that Mrs. Weasley was crying with her. 

"It wasn't your fault, Mrs. Weasley. It was none of our fault. I just-" Hermione was cut off as she had to take a breath between her crying. "I was just scared. Scared that you would think of me differently. Think of me as a sl-" Hermione didn't even get to finish her sentence before Mr. Weasley cut her off. 

"Hermione there is almost nothing that could happen to make us love you any less. You are like another one of our children and we will love and support you. Yes, this is difficult for us because Ron is our son, but we still love you. I promise." Hermione smiled widely at this, still with tears coming down. 

"Thank you!" she stuttered out. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley smiled too as they hugged her once more. 

Hermione eventually found herself back with Draco and Pansy. However, in the middle of their conversation, Hermione felt another hand on her shoulder. She turned and found Blaise. 

"Oh, Blaise," Hermione put a clearly fake smile on her face. "Can I help you?" Blaise laughed halfheartedly. 

"Okay, okay. I deserved that," Blaise rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Yes. Yes you did," Pansy added as she stared Blaise down. Draco laughed at the girls' forwardness. 

"If I may add, before you girls tear him apart, Blaise, here, was one of the first people who agreed to help in searching for you, Hermione," Draco stated. Hermione looked over at Draco with a confused look on her face.

"Really?" Hermione stuttered. Blaise laughed again.

"Try not to sound so surprised. I may be a self-absorbed dick most of the time-" Pansy scoffed and muttered a soft, "All of the time." but Blaise ignored her. "-but I wasn't lying when I said I liked you." Hermione stood awkwardly for a few seconds. 

"Thanks, I guess," Hermione chuckled. Pansy, Draco, and Blaise all laughed with her. 

"I'm not saying you have to like me back and I'm definitely not trying to redeem myself or anything, but I just thought you should know I'm sorry about what I did earlier. I was just angry because I've never had anyone have me as their second choice." 

"Second choice? You weren't even my last choice," Hermione stated. 

"Ouch," Blaise muttered. The group burst into laughter. Draco looked over at Hermione who was still laughing. He smiled as he looked at her, her face glowing with laughter. He was glad that she could finally have a chance to cool down and actually have fun without the looming presence of Ron anymore. Although she would still have to go through a lot to get the justice she deserved, she didn't have to worry about making him angry and getting hit because she disobeyed him. She could finally focus on her mental health and start on a path towards healing herself along with the help of those who love her. 

Hermione met Draco's gaze and smiled wider at him. He returned it and even added a small wink. She laughed and pushed him. 

"Don't ever do that again, Malfoy," Hermione laughed. 

"Oh, I'm hurt. I take pride in my beautiful winks," Draco teased her.  Hermione laughed again. 

"Oh, shut up, Malfoy." 

Author's Note

I just want to say that with everything going on in the States and other places right now, I want all of you to stay safe. Please stay educated and be aware of what's going on around you. Although it's alright to still have some fun during times like these, make sure that you do not ignore anything that is going on right now, whether it's the protest in the States or the issues in Yemen. Please take time to donate to reliable places if you are able, and if not, then please sign petitions or at least educate others. I love you all so much and thank you for you nice words to me. I know the words of a Dramione fanfic author probably don't mean too much to you lol but just try to stay safe while still fighting for what's right. BLM. Kiss Kiss 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 1.3K 30
Hermione had her heart broken, by none other than Ronald Weasley. Although it hurt her badly, she had her time to be sad. She wasn't going to mope a...
21.8K 509 15
WARNING: Graphic depictions of suicidal ideation, self harm, and depression The battle of Hogwarts is over and students have returned to finish their...
150K 3.9K 20
(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nice, and very very lonely. Severus Snape...
142K 2.4K 35
Set 3 years after the war with some changes. Ron is abusive. Draco was never a death eater and is now an auror and friends with Harry since they work...