fix you (13rw)

By svtfanboi

Alex Standall has been crushing on his best friend, Zach Dempsey, for almost a year. Things changed when he a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 19

990 40 29
By svtfanboi

Zach

I woke up with a flickering lightbulb of an idea on the top of my head. I wanted to surprise Alex today. Something Alex wouldnt expect from me. I woke up earlier than usual, I texted May to dress up for school a little early since I needed to be at school first before Alex.

The ride on the way to school was annoying. Mom called us and asked why we skipped breakfast, I had to lie and explain to her that my presence was needed for the football team. Another lie on top of another lie, she didnt know I quit the football team. May kept asking me why I asked her to dress up early. I just ignored her. May defenitely got my mom's irritating personality.

I stopped the car when I saw that the floweshop near the school was already opened.

"Zach, what are you up to?" May asked again, which I ignored. I stepped out of the car making sure my wallet was inside my pocket.

I walked inside the flowershop. The owner greeted me with a very warm smile.

"What can I get you?" The owner asked, he was an old man with white hair and white beard like Santa Claus.

"Can I get a rose? A red one?" Alex would love a black rose but red was more romantic. I wanted to give him a symbol of my love for him.

The owner came back with a freshly cut red rose. There was a piece of paper attached to it. I should certainly write something on it. I handed him a dollar, the owner decided for a small talk before I go.

"That girl is a one lucky girl," The owner smiled at me. "Or a lucky boy. I should stop assuming kids sexuality nowadays."

"I think I'm the lucky one." I admitted. Ignoring his remarks.

"Im sure the both of you are lucky to have each other." He was spraying water on the flower displays.

Was Alex lucky to have me? I hope so.

When I came back to the car May started bombering me with her unsolicited opinion.

"A rose? Really?" May chuckled. "I seriously dont think Alex would like that."

"Did I ask for your opinion?" I glared at her. She was right, Alex wasnt the biggest fan of flowers, but I wanted to surprise him. Show him the romantic side of Zach Dempsey. "How are you so sure, are you the boyfriend?"

"Im just saying." May threw her hands up, waving the white flag.

The school hallway was almost empty. I looked at my watch, I was 20 minutes earlier than usual. That meant, in 20 minutes, students would start coming in one by one. I quickly went to Alex's locker. He told me his locker code last year, it was his birthday, 0315.

I opened his locker and found a black inked pen inside it. I wrote. Please dont roll your eyes when you see this. I love you, Alex. I laughed at myself knowing damn well Alex would roll his eyes when he read this.

I looked around there were now a few kids loitering on the school hallways. I closed Alex's locker and silently prayed to Cupid. Alex better appreciate this or else I would stop giving him cuddles.

Students started popping in and the next thing I knew the hallways were now crowded. I thought of waiting for Alex but I'd rather wait for his reaction later. Plus, we decided to keep our relationship lowkey when were on public.

I was one of the first students in our classroom. I dropped my bag and sat on my seat. I heard the notification sound of my phone, I took it from my pocket. It was a text from Alex Standall.

Really? A rose? I felt a punch in my chest. Alex didnt like it.

Then followed by another text. I love it, Zach. A grin was forming on my face. Alex didnt like it because he loved it. I didnt notice that Clay was already beside me. He was wearing a frown on his face, his shoulder were slumped down as the weight of the world were on it.

"What's wrong?" This was the second time I saw Clay like this, the first time was the first day Justin went to rehab.

"I didnt get to sleep last night." Clay exhaled loudly.

"Is that all?" It looked like it was more than lack of sleep.

"No." Clay admitted, he was clenching his fist.

"Do you want to vent?" I suggested.

"No. I-," Clay sighed. "I didnt mean to hurt Justin. I got drunk and then my parents." Clay stopped, he took a deep breath.

"And then the next thing I know, I was angry at Justin," Clay continued. "I said alot of things that I didnt mean."

Clay went on in details how his parents found out about his failing grades. How Justin promised to help him. How he had been drinking for days, letting his life depend on alcohol. How he lied yesterday and told Justin, I would tutor him. So that was the reason why Justin called me last night asking if I was with Clay. When Clay went silent I took that as an opportunity to talk.

"Clay," I stared at him but he wasnt looking at me. "The guilt is eating you. The longer you dont do something about it, the more you will feel helpless. The more you will feel like a horrible person. But you are not a horrible person. Trust me."

"But dude, I suggest that you talk to Justin as soon as possible. Maybe during lunch break? You cant stretch this like a rubber band and wait for it to slap you back even harder. Talk to Justin." I didnt know I had it in me. Maybe I should study Psychology and apply as Liberty High's school conselor since all of them were horrible and useless. Clay nodded and I hope he listened.

Lunch break came and I was excited to finally see Alex. I had been thinking about kissing him since our first period. Sucked that I still had to wait till were alone so that I could finally feel his lips against mine. Its official, I am addicted to Alex Standall's kisses.

I was on my way to the cafeteria when I saw a big shadow in front of me, blocking my way. Luke Holliday, was standing in front of me, not letting me pass him.

"What do you want?" I asked, I was pissed. Seeing his face and remembering all of the things he told Alex made my blood boil.

"A fucking rose, Dempsey? Seriously?" Luke snickered.

"I dont know what you're talking about." How did he know? I could feel my palms sweating.

"Wait." Luke reached out in his pocket. He took out his phone and showed it to me. It was his camera roll. The first picture was me and Alex inside my car, it was when we went to Monet's on our first date.

"That doesnt prove anything." I was ready to walk away but he swiped on his phone revealing another picture. It was a picture of me earlier this morning, placing a flower inside Alex's locker. Then luke swiped again. It was a picture of Alex holding the rose with a smile on his face.

"What do you want?" I glared at him. But deep inside I was scared. Luke could easily send those pictures to his mother and she would tell my mom about it.

"Nothing, Dempsey. I dont want anything," Luke was laughing maniacally. "Just wanted to show you."

He brushed my hair, laughed in my face and then he went off. But the fear and anger was still in my chest. We were already so careful. How? Now all I could think about was my mom's reaction if she ever find out. She would disown me.

I was lost, trapped in my own head, full of fears and what if's. I didnt even get to properly greet Alex. Our friends were talking about something but the only thing I could think about were Luke's face and his words. Luke was defenitely threatening me earlier. What does he want?

I felt Alex's feet touch mine under the table and I flinched. I received a text from Alex. Are you okay?

Can we talk after class? I replied. I saw Alex's face and his expression turned from curiousity to worry. He probably thought, I would break up with him. I sent him a heart and an I love you sticker to take those worry away from his eyes.

Classes went by quickly. I didnt get to listen to the lessons. I asked Jessica, if I could borrow her notes, she gave me her notebook. My thoughts were filled with anxiousness. I was starting to overthink, looking everywhere, making sure Luke wasnt there, snapping pictures of my every move.

I grabbed my bag and went to the parking lot. Alex was already there waiting for me. We went inside and I started driving. I couldnt stop looking at the side mirror if Luke was following us. He wasnt.

"Can you tell me what's going on?" Alex turned around, looking at the back. "Are we being followed?"

"Please dont freak out," I placed one hand on top of Alex's hand as I was driving. "Because I'm already freaking out."

"Zach," Alex grinned. "Are you pregnant?"

"Alex, Its serious." I breathe out. Forgiving Alex for trying to lighten the mood. "Its Luke."

"What did he do this time?" Alex sounded pissed and ready to verbally punch Luke.

I told Alex everything. The pictures on Luke's phone. Photos from our first date. The pictures from earlier. Luke's connection to my mom. Alex's expression didnt assure me. He looked stressed and nervous.

"He wont do anything." Alex said but his voice wasnt reassuring. I stopped the car, when were finally on a place I was sure were safe from Luke. Alex kissed my hand.

He wont do anything.

But what if he does?

-

There you go! The continuation. Oh my god, were already on the 19th chapter? Time flies so fast. What the fuck.

Thank you for sticking with me and this story! Means alot.

Also if you wanna know what's happening with Clay and Justin. Make sure to read my other story, Everglow. I would write and post another double chapter later for the Clustin story.

- G

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 95 7
George has feelings for his friend Alex, but to confess to him he must first learn how to overcome his fear to feel.
195K 6.4K 68
❛ 𝗂'𝗆 π—π—ˆπ—ˆ π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π—Œπ—Žπ—†π–Ύπ–½ 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝗒 π—ˆπ—π—‡ 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾. 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝖾 π—π—ˆπ—ˆ π—’π—ˆπ—Žπ—‡π—€ π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹ 𝗍𝗁𝗂�...
238K 5.7K 34
[WARNING: TRIGGERING! IF YOU DO NOT APPROVE OF TRIGGERS, DO NOT READ!] (Completed) Alexander Davenport is a shy, gay, sixteen year old boy who barely...
1.6K 102 25
When Samuel finds himself lost and incapable of facing his problems and the whole lot of insecurities he'd built up from childhood, he comes to reali...