Kingdom Hearts 3: Dragon War...

By GrimstoneRX1300

After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight agai... More

Basic Info
Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE
Chapter 1: STRENGTH OF A HERO (OLYMPUS)
Chapter 2 : REGROUP AND RELEARN
Chapter 3: LAZY AFTERNOONS (TWILIGHT TOWN)
Chapter 4: OLD FACES
Chapter 5: FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 1
Chapter 6: RAPUNZEL LEARNS THE TRUTH (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 2
Chapter 7: VERUM REX (TOY BOX) part 1
Chapter 8: A TOY'S TRUE HEART (TOY BOX) part 2
Chapter 9: POWER OF LAUGHTER (MONSTROPOLIS) part 1
Chapter 10: A HYBRID OF MONSTERS (MONSTROPOLIS) part 2
Chapter 11: SILLY OLD BEAR (100 ACRE WOODS)
Chapter 12: THIS SONG ALWAYS BOTHERED ME ANYWAY (ARENDELLE) part 1
Chapter 13: A SISTER'S LOVE (ARENDELLE) part 2
Chapter 14: LEVI (CARIBBEAN) part 1
Chapter 15: DEADMEN TELL NO TALE (CARIBBEAN) part 2
Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP
Chapter 17: KEYBLADE HERO 4 (SAN FRANSOKYO) part 1
Chapter 18: BAYMAX'S HEART (SAN FRANCISCO) part 2
Chapter 19: A RESCUSE FROM HELL (AQUA)
Sora and Arc's powers.
Chapter 20: WAKE UP (VENTUS)
Chapter 21: NEW/OLD DARKNESSES
Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1
Chapter 23: THE ONE WINGED ANGEL (FUTURE CITY) part 2
Chapter 24: RAGE AWAKEN (TERRA)
Chapter 25: FALLEN TWILIGHT (AZRAEL AND XION)
Chapter 26: THE CONNECTION (ROXAS AND NAMINÉ)
Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 28: THE FACE UNDER THE HELMET (REMNANT part 2)
Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 30: RYŪJIN SHINKŌ MEZAMERU (REMNANT part 4)
CHAPTER 31: BATTLE OF GODS (REMNANT part 5)
Chapter 32: A SPEEDY RECOVERY (REMNANT part 6)
Bonus Chapter: TALK AND LISTEN MEETING
Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)
Chapter 35: DON'T DEAL WITH THE DEVIL (INKWELL ISLE part 2)
Chapter 36: WE ARE SOLDIERS (HALO REACH)
Chapter 37: DIVING IN TOO DEEP (PLANET 4546B)
Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)
Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)
Alternate Opening
Chapter 40: INKY PAIN (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 1)
Chapter 41: ANGELS AND DEMONS (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 2)
Chapter 42: THE LAST REEL (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 3)
Chapter 43: THE ONLY PUMPKIN KING (HALLOWEEN TOWN)
Chapter 44: OF DRAGONS AND RIDERS (ARCHIPELAGO)
Chapter 45: LEGENDARY WARRIORS (VALLEY OF PEACE)
Chapter 46: A HORSEMAN AND GUARDIANS (LAND OF BELEIF)
Chapter 47: CONSEQUENCES TO KILLING A GOD (MIDGARD part 1)
Chapter 48: THE CYCLE ENDS HERE (MIDGARD part 2)
Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)
Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)
Chapter 51: NORMAL (MIDGAR part 1)
Chapter 52: A HORSEMAN'S PERFECT WORLD (MIDGAR part 2)
Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH
Chapter 54: KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 55: LIGHT AND DARK CLASH (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 56: SCALA AD CAELUM (Final Battle part 3)
Chapter 57: MY NAME IS LEVI
Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

Chapter 33: DIVIDE AND CONQUER (sorta)

492 5 36
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene begins with the FireFly docking  into Disney Castle's hanger. After that, the team exits the ship and looks around.

Arcturus: okay, if the ship exists under the hanger, why even build the entire launch way?

Mickey: honestly, I never thought of that.

Sora: it's been a while since I've been here.

Goofy: sure feels good to be home again.

Donald: yeah. I hope everyone's okay.

???: you're back!

The gang turns to see Chip and Dale enter the hanger and took notice of the FireFly.

Chip: we're glad you all made it here.

Dale: and golly, that's quite the ship!

Mickey: Chip, Dale, it's good to see you both.

Sora: hey guys. How've you been?

Chip: good. We've been working through Ansem's code after everybody's been rescued.

Riku: are the others here?

Dale: yep, and actually our friends from Wasteland are here.

Mickey: they are?

Kairi: what's wasteland?

Goofy: Wasteland's our sister world. His majesty helped freed it from the Mad Doctor a long time ago. I wonder why they're here?

Dale: they're in the main throne room.

The gang all went there. In general, the castle was more or less the same, except they don't have to worry about Heartless. They arrived in the throne room where they saw Donald's family, Queen Minnie and Daisy, and a black and white rabbit wearing an outfit similar to Mickey's, but blue instead of red.

Della, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Webby, Mrs. Beakley, Launchpad

Oswald

Chip: your majesty, they're here!

Minnie: Mickey! (Hugs him)

Mickey: (returns hug) it's good to see you again, Minnie. (Looks to Oswald) Oswald?

Oswald: hey, little bro. It's been a while.

Sora: little bro?

Donald: yep. Everyone, meet Oswald, King of Wasteland and King Mickey's older brother.

Gang: brother!?

Webby: yep. Oswald and Mickey are of the royal family to Walt Disney. Normally, the oldest would be the heir, but instead of following that, the king  divided the throne between them and they each were crowned king as the fair rulers of their respective worlds.

Huey: was that from the library?

Webby: they're connected to Clan McDuck.

They then took the time to go through introductions. Sora took noticed that Huey, Dewey, and Louie had more personality than the last time he saw them. And, now they didn't dressed the same as before. Webby was very eager about who they are since they traveled with Donald. Oswald couldn't help but laugh when they mentioned about Mickey heading off into dangerous missions like undercover in the Organization, going in the realm of darkness, fighting the horsemen, etc. He said that Mickey was notorious for pulling off crazy stunts like that back when they were students and training to be masters.

Unknown to them, a member in the black cloak was in a special hidden chamber that was even underneath the hall of the Cornerstone. They kept walking until they arrived to a door, and inside was a room full of ancient treasures.

???: the ancient treasures of the Disney family. While most of the town knows it's history, there's even darker parts that people have all but forgotten. Now then where are you?

Most of the stuff was ancient that didn't exist anymore, such as the cars with eyes and mouths from Timeless River, the Mad Doctor's tools, and a other evil stuff that invaded the town from time to time. But, among them, was an old machine that very few people knew about. And something that the old king had made the brothers to never tell. He keeps walking until he came across pedestals that held old objects, and a fuse lift.

???: found you.

Back with the others, they went off to town and explored the area. The Wayfinder Trio was doing the races like old times, the Twilight gang was checking out the ice cream shop, the Destiny trio, along with Arc, were trying out Fruit Ball with Team RWBY, and the Disney trio reconnected with their respective families. Currently, Mickey was walking with Oswald through the courtyard.

Mickey: how's Wasteland been?

Oswald: good. The people are thriving, and the Doc hasn't done anything to try and take over since we defeated him. Ortensia's making sure things are in order until I get back.

Mickey: speaking of which, (both stop) why did you come here? Minnie and Daisy have everything under control here.

Oswald's expression changed to a more somber one.

Oswald: Felicity called while you were on Remnant. She and her boys are at the Stein's for the anniversary.

Mickey: (sadden) that's right. With everything with Xehanort, I almost forgot. Is she...?

Oswald: she's fine. But, there hasn't been new progress on fixing things. (Places hand on shoulder) I miss him, too.

Back with the others, they were watching the Fruit ball match. There was even  Max with his two friends Roxanne and PJ.

They were shocked at first to see that Pete has a son, but after meeting him, they see that he's much better than his dad. Anyways, they were at match point and it was quite an intense match.

Dewey: are they always like this?

Ventus: sometimes. Clara said Arc isn't usually, but when given a challenge, he does like to try it.

Goofy: and, ever since we've met them, Sora and Riku have always challenged each other. Except now they're on the same team.

Louie: is he really from the future?

Axel: yep, he's actual living proof of that.

Naminé: what about you guys? Donald says you go on adventures, too.

Huey: yep. We've been all over the world, and even went to a couple others.

Webby: and we're going on more adventures with Mr. McDuck. But, what's it like traveling to other worlds?

Terra: amazing. Every world's different from the others and we've made many friends too.

Max: cool. Maybe one day, we'll be able to go.

Goofy: you bet, Max. When thing's have calmed down, we'll all go together.

Della: ooo, looks like Yang and Arc are going for it!

They turn to see Arc switching to Emperor Form and the two constantly bashing a giant durian against each other. Everyone was then encoring the other team. Even the teammate were telling the other to punch through.

Sora: c'mon Arc!

Ruby: go Yang!

Riku: go go go!

Weiss: don't let him win!

Kairi: push through, Speedy!

Blake: you got it, Yang!

The two kept going to hit it more and more until alarms suddenly started to go off. They stop for a moment as the durian then burst and sent the two back.

Arcturus: (sits up) what's that?

Webby: those are Mr. McDuck's magic alarms. They go off if there's a threat attacking the castle.

Clara: she's right. I'm picking up a form of darkness coming from the castle.

Just then, Heartless were spawned and they began attacking. The team then went off to fight them, but there was still something at the castle. So, Arc ran over there with Roxas, Naminé, Xion and Axel. They went inside and met up with the brothers and the queen.

Roxas: you guys okay?

Mickey: yeah, but the town isn't.

Minnie: is everyone safe?

Arcturus: they're fine, but Heartless are spawning everywhere.

Mrs. Beakley: what are your orders, your majesty?

Mickey: have the people stay indoors and have the medical wing ready for any wounded.

Mrs. Beakley: yes sir. Launch Pad, with me.

Launch Pad: sure thing, Mrs. B. (They exit)

Oswald: I though the town was safe from Heartless. What's bringing them here?

Xion: the Cornerstone. There must be something wrong with it.

They entered the throne room, but were surprised to see the room darkened and further more, an odd black substance dripping from the ceiling and spreading around.

Naminé: what is this?

Arcturus: (scans it) I don't know. It looks like ink, but it feels...almost alive.

Axel: where'd this come from?

Mickey: we better hurry to the Cornerstone.

They enter the passage underneath the throne and made their way down. The tentacle like shadows increased there, and they suddenly heard a heart beat. When they got closer, they saw the bright gem still intact, but another secret passageway was revealed.

Arcturus: what's down there?

Mickey: it's the hidden vault room. It's where we keep more ancient history of Disney Town. But there's nothing down— (eyes widen in realization) oh no! (Runs down)

Arcturus: Mickey, wait!

They hurry after him and they arrive to the room. Most of the objects were untouched, but they see the pedestals now had objects on them; a wrench, a gear, an ink jar, a music record, a black book, and a plushie that looks like a cartoon demon. They then noticed another pathway, and entered the room to see a giant machine

Mickey, Oswald and Minnie stared in horror at the machine while Arc looked around it.

Roxas: what is that thing?

Arcturus: (scans it) I'm not quite sure what this thing was intended to be. It's ancient, about early 1900s based off of the mechanics.

Clara: let me see. (Searches) this can't be right.

Xion: what's wrong?

Clara: there's no record of this thing at all. I can't find anything that explains what is it, what is does, or who even made it. It's like, this was erased from history.

Axel: so, Mickey, do you or Oswald know what it is?

???: oh they do alright.

They all look at the pedestals and saw Xigbar. Before they reacted, he shoots Arc with a gray substance that traps him.

Everyone: Arc!

Arcturus: (struggles) I can't get free! It's like some kind of glue!

Xigbar: a special little something the madman cooked up in the lab.

Oswald: who's this guy?

Mickey: Xigbar. He's working for Xehanort. But, what are you doing?

Xigbar: taking care of things. You see, Cronos was supposed to cover this, but since he's got other stuff on his plate, I had to take over. Though I must say, this is definitely something up his ally.

Minnie: whatever you're planning, you better stop right now!

Xigbar: or what, you'll throw me in the dungeon?

Axel: quit the remarks, jackass! What's Xemnas want here?

Xigbar: simple; the brothers have a family secret. One that they had hope would never be revealed to the light of day. But, you're about to see what happens when it is. (Grabs the leaver) face it mouse, we've written your fate, (grins) and it can't be erased.

He pulls it down and the machine begins to pump out ink. There's moments of silence, then all the sudden, a giant gloved hand shoots out and almost grabs Mickey. He's paralyzed by fear, but Roxas sees this and pushes him out of way, only to be grabbed him it.

Everyone: Roxas!

Naminé, Xion, and Axel grabs him, but the arm was too strong and pulls them into the ink. It evaporates and the machine stops. But the force was still going on and Xigbar was producing dark corridors around them.

Arcturus: guys!

Xigbar: wasn't expecting it to turn out like that, but it's fine. This way, you two will feel more guilt knowing your friends are done for. And to make sure you all don't try anything, have fun finding the keys to saving them.

The items get sucked in and he teleports away. Minnie hurries over and uses her light magic to break the puddy.

Minnie: are you alright, Arc?

Arcturus: I'm fine, thank you. But, where are the others? And, what's this about a family secret?

Oswald: we'll explain later. First, we need to get those items back.

The rest of the gang was brought together to learn about what happened, and even later on brought in Merlin to help.

Merlin: hmmm, yes this is quite serious.

Sora: what is this thing, Merlin?

Merlin: my boy, this is a gateway to a locked world. I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of pocket dimensions, Mr. Farron?

Arcturus: a little bit. I remember that the idea is that they exist in their own reality and are impossible to reach in, except, if there's one gateway to enter through.

Merlin: correct, lad. Somewhere in that world, there should be another machine identical to this one. If your friends are to escape it, they must find that machine and use it. However, it works both ways.

Ruby: like turning on this machine? If so, why not just fire it up?

Merlin: unfortunately, it's not quite that simple, my dear. This was designed to only be powered by those six objects. Without them, the portal won't be opened.

Mickey: then we have to find them.

Donald: where do we start?

Clara: I've triangulated where the objects landed. We're looking at three different worlds, each with something keeping them at bay.

Sora: then we divide and conquer. Terra, Aqua, and Ventus go to one world, Arc and Team RWBY will get the other, and Kairi, Riku and I will get the last one. Donald, Goofy, you guys stay here and help the town against the Heartless and any other threats that may come.

Goofy: you got it, Sora.

Donald: you can count on us.

Della: we'll help too in any way we can.

Daisy: then we better hurry.

The teams departed and hurried off. Mickey takes one more look at the machine and notices writing on the wall. He just sighed in sadness and was in thought.

Mickey's Thoughts: I hope you guys are alright. And maybe...you're still in there...

THE KING LIED TO US.

Author's note: we're back on track.
My plan through this is to proceed through our world roster and also see about wrapping up Volume 1 in DVNT.
Disney cameos! I've read a few fanfics where they meet the Epic Mickey games, but not many with DuckTales or the Goofy movies. I plan to bring more interactions like this in future stories.
If anyone's seen the show "Portlandia," the attacking the durian comes from that.
The ink machine is here! This will tie in with one of the worlds.
The way how the next few chapters will work, is that they'll be divided up into teams and work to get the items back. Once they get them, we'll transition over to the machine and find out what's happening to our Twilight team.

Next chapter: collecting soul contracts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 362 43
A girl wakes up on a distant shore...with no memory of who she is or was before the moment she opens her eyes to the sky. The only thing is, in a uni...
20.5K 327 19
After the events of Kingdom Hearts 3 and KH3 Re Mind, Sora awakens floating in the middle of the ocean while hearing a battle take place. Wanting to...
1.4K 15 14
This is a little something I've been thinking about. Essentially, this is just a book where you can ask questions about my characters from my stories...
256 4 18
after the keyblade war the door to kingdom hearts is sealed shut. every keyblade in the universe and all the darkness is sealed away forever. the leg...