Layla (Not Edited)|✔️

By cara____melo

Book 1 of the Moretti Chronicles PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Girl Who Walked Into A Bar" •1st place General Fict... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 28

19.7K 555 100
By cara____melo

"Where are you taking me? Emilio said to wait outside." I asked confused.

"For the hundredth time, he asked me to take you back to the house so that's what I'm doing" he gritted out, probably annoyed with my constant questions.

"Well... Are we there yet?" I asked as I got comfortable on the back seat of the car.

"No"

"How about now?"

"No"

"Are we-"

"For fuck's sake would you fucking shut up!?" he snapped in annoyance.

"I just want to know-"

"Just shut the fuck up" he seethed.

I clamped my mouth shut at this. He was very cranky and I didn't want him throwing me out of the car before we got to our destination.

I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest like a child who was scolded by their parent. There was a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I ignored it and blamed it on the fact that I hadn't eaten all day.

Something felt off, but I shook it off. If Emilio trusted his men, then so would I. I had to believe that what Joey was saying was the truth and that Emilio did in fact tell him to take me home.

"Are we-" I began to ask again and was cut off when Joey slammed his foot on the brakes causing me to lurch forward between the two seats and hit my head on the dashboard.

"Are you trying to kill me!?" I shouted, rubbing my forehead trying to soothe the pain.

He got out of the car abruptly and came to my door pulling it open harshly. He grabbed me and brought out some handcuffs.

"What are you doing?" I panicked trying to get away from him. I kicked him in the nose and pulled the other door open and got out of the car.

I ran even though I had no idea where I was running to. I just knew that I had to get away from him. Anywhere was better than staying here. I had no idea what his plan was and I wasn't about to stick around to find out.

I ran across the road not paying attention and was hit by a car.

"AAHHH" I screamed as the car made impact with my body. I fell on the ground groaning in pain.

"Are you ok?" I heard a woman's voice ask as someone crouched beside me.

"Sweetheart, what were you thinking?" I heard a man's voice on the other side of me as he cradled my head in his lap.

I was in pain. I had sprained my ankle and it felt like my hand was broken. The impact of the car hadn't hurt quite like I had imagined it would. Probably because the car wasn't moving as fast as I had anticipated it was going.

My vision was blurry as I tried hard to focus on my surroundings. I was battling with the darkness that was trying to pull in as I tried hard to keep my eyes open. Eventually, I gave up and welcomed the darkness as it enveloped me.

I was standing in the middle of a field in a long white gown surrounded by lilies. The breeze was whipping my long brown hair about wildly as I looked around in confusion.

Where was I?

Why was I here?

"Layla my sweet child" I heard a familiar voice behind me.

I turned around and was surprised to see the woman that had raised me. She was wearing a long white gown similar to the one I was wearing with her dark hair blowing in the wind.

"Mom" I said in a shaky voice.

I couldn't believe that she was here. We were finally together again after all this time. I ran over to her and proceeded to engulf her in a tight embrace with tears flowing down my face.

"Where am I?" I asked as we pulled away from the hug.

"How is this even possible?" I rambled on.

"We don't have much time darling" she said as she cried tears of joy.

"I have missed you so much dear" she said holding me at arms length taking a good look at me.

"I have missed you too mom, so much it hurts" I cried even more.

"It's ok. I'm here. I'm always here with you. Always and forever" she said hugging and kissing my forehead before pulling away to look at my face.

"I want to stay here with you" I said, not willing to let her go again after I just got her back.

"You can't. You have to go back to the people who care about you. You don't belong here sweetheart. You have to wake up. You have to wake up Layla. If not for me, then for your child" she pleaded with me.

"I'm pregnant?" I asked as I ran my hands over my stomach.

"Wake up Layla. Wake up"

"Mom" I called out.

Suddenly everything started to fade away and now all I could see was a bright light.

"She's waking up" I heard a voice say as I heard movement around me.

"Good" I heard another voice say.

"I have fulfilled my end of the deal. You have to leave my daughter alone" I heard the first voice say.

"Fine, I promise that I won't hurt your daughter. You can go now" I heard the second voice say.

I slowly opened my eyes as I tried to adjust my vision to the brightly lit room. I blinked a few times until my vision was clear. I looked around where I was until my eyes spot something beside me that made my blood run cold.

What was he doing here?

Where was I?

"Look who's awake" the person said as a shiver ran down my spine.

"Do you remember me, because I sure remember you" he said with a cocky smirk on his face.

"Where am I?' I asked in a panicked voice as I sat up on the bed that I was on.

I had moved way too fast and this action resulted in my head spinning momentarily. I held my head in my hands as I felt a headache coming on.

"You're at my house of course"

"Why am I here?" I asked confused.

"You humiliated me and I am not someone who will let shit like that slide" he roared in anger.

"You think that you could slap me and get away with it?" he continued as he glared at me with so much hatred in his eyes.

You're probably wondering who this was. He was the man from the restaurant that I worked at. He was the one who got me fired.

"Daddy!" I heard a familiar whiny voice call.

In walked blondie. Yes that same blonde that Emilio had kicked out. She was wearing sweats that were a contrast to what she usually wore.

"You! What are you doing here?" she asked in a threatening tone.

"Daddy why is she here?" she whined.

"We have unfinished business" was his simple reply.

"She was the one that I was telling you about. She stole the love of my life" she pointed an accusing finger in my direction.

"Oh really?" he said with a sadistic smile.

Uh oh. This wasn't good.

I can't believe that I escaped one monster and landed in the arms of another. I don't know what I had done in life to deserve this much bad luck.

Fuck. My. Life.

He suddenly grabbed me and tied my hands behind me with the help of the blonde.

I had been so focused on the situation at hand that I had completely forgotten about the strange encounter I had my mother.

She had said that I was pregnant and although I had no idea what happened, I couldn't help but believe what she said.

It was possible that I could be pregnant and I needed to protect this baby (if there was one) from these monsters.

"What do you want from me?" I asked as they moved me from the room to the basement.

They threw me on the ground and left me alone in the cold dark basement.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared, because I was scared shitless. I can't believe the disgusting pig kidnapped me because I defended myself from him.

I was a hundred percent that he was insane, because no sane person would go through such great lengths to kidnap me for slapping them.

I had just gotten him back and lost him again all in a few minutes. Joey had betrayed him and I was sure that Emilio would not be too kind to him when he found him.

Right now my main priority was my baby. I could feel the changes in my body over these past few days, but I still wanted to deny the idea that I could be carrying another life. So instead I blamed the changes on stress.

I was sad and angry that my child had to go through all these things, even though I know that it was barely even developed. I myself was afraid. Afraid of actually bringing a child into this cruel world and also afraid of the situation I was now in.

I honestly don't know what to expect from those two and I didn't want to find out.

I tried to sit up, only to feel something in my pants back pocket. I tried to take out what it was and was met with a phone.

Oh right.

The phone.

I could call Emilio and let him know where I was, even though I myself had no idea. I dialed the number and saw that I couldn't make the call because there was no signal.

Fuck.

I wanted to cry in frustration as I sat on the cold concrete resting my back against the cold wall.

Life was so unfair.

A/N

Thanks for reading:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 82.7K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
4.9M 109K 65
Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall way that day. I didn't know anything abou...
612K 13.6K 67
{book two of the Gang love series} * I got pulled into an empty classroom and a pair of hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?" he whispered into my ear...
1.1M 24.6K 54
18+ "Did you fuck him"he said as he leaned against the wall and stomped out his cigarette. "I sure did "I said lying through my teeth just to get a r...