Layla (Not Edited)|βœ”οΈ

By cara____melo

Book 1 of the Moretti Chronicles PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Girl Who Walked Into A Bar" β€’1st place General Fict... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 27

20.3K 595 202
By cara____melo

"We've manage to pinpoint their exact location" my tech guy said walking over to me with his laptop to show me where they were holding my angel.

Luca, Enzo, Stefano and a few other men were sitting in the living room with me going over different strategies.

"Ok, so they are staying at the safe house here" he said pointing at the laptop screen.

They weren't very far from where we were. In fact since we had to relocate, they were even closer than they would have been if we were still at the mansion.

The mansion was under renovation right now because of all the damage that bastard and his men caused. So now I was staying at my villa in New York.

Yes, I have many houses, but what else could you expect. I have to have a lot of places, because when shit like this happened I could easily relocate so my enemies couldn't find me.

I had lost a lot of men the day of the attack and I was very lucky to still be alive. Probably God wasn't ready for me as yet.

Who was I kidding?

I'm going straight to hell.

It was a good thing that I had sent Enzo, Luca, Stefano and a few others on a mission hours prior to the attack. Maybe if they were there, they would be dead like some of the others.

They were the ones that found me passed out with two gunshot wounds on my shoulder. I almost hadn't made it because I had lost too much blood. If they had gotten back an hour later, I would be dead.

Getting back to the matter at hand. I had lied to Boris to throw him off. He now thought that I didn't care about Layla, and as long as he thought that he would no longer be prepared for my arrival.

I now had the element of surprise and I was going to use that to my advantage. He has probably let his guard down already and I needed to get her back before he hurt her. Knowing that she was now useless to him, he would probably sell her or something.

He was a heartless man. There was once a time when he looked his wife up in a room just so that she wouldn't leave him, or so I had been told.

People always labeled me a monster, but some of the shit he did I would never condone. I might not have always respected women, but I would never sell them for profit. That was just sick. I believed women had the right to choose who they wanted, but sometimes they just needed a little nudge.

I had never forced a woman to be with me and I never will. I'm too good looking for that. Women always threw themselves at me and I couldn't blame them.

Enough about women. Now I only wanted one woman and she wasn't here right now, but she will be here soon.

She was the best thing that had ever happened to me and it scared me how much I needed her. I knew I felt something for her, but I wasn't sure what it was, her being away made me realize just how much I needed her, even though I wasn't ready to admit that to anyone. I was having a hard enough time admitting it to myself already.

I'm coming for you Layla.

I know that she's probably sad right now, but I had to make it look real. I just hope that when I got her back she wouldn't be too mad.

"Is everyone aware of the plan?" I asked.

There were a series of 'yes boss' as everyone answered me.

"We leave tomorrow at midday. You're dismissed" I said wanting to be alone right now.

"So, you and Layla huh?" clearly Enzo had other plans.

"That's none of your business" I snapped.

"Of course it is my business. Layla's my friend and you need my blessing if you are planning on dating my friend" he said flipping his imaginary hair.

I swear sometimes I really wanted to smack some sense into this dude. He has been spending way too much time around Layla.

"Oh really?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes really. Although I know that you guys have already done the nasty-" he said as Luca cut him off.

"And I have witnessed said nasty" Luca said with a shudder.

"You what!?" Enzo exclaimed getting up off the sofa.

"You saw them and didn't tell me? How could you? I thought we were friends" he stomped his foot like a child. He folded his arms over his chest and pouted.

He was such a big baby.

A big scary baby.

He and his brother used to be in the army. That's why they were so dangerous. They knew how to handle business, plus they were the best shooters known, hence, the reason for their name.

The Rossi Brothers.

They were the best of the best, but somehow Stefano who was younger was also more mature than his older brother.

"I'm telling you now" Luca argued.

"No youre not. I'm changing my Netflix password so good luck finding someone who is as willing as I am to share their account" Enzo said glaring at Luca.

"You can't do that! How am I supposed to finish watching my shows?" he got up glaring back at Enzo.

"Well, you should have thought of that before you kept that from me" Enzo answered with a smug smile.

"Will you two just shut up!?" Stefano shouted.

"Stay out of this brother" Enzo snapped.

Stefano groaned and left the room, clearly over this conversation.

"Luca, Enzo sit" I snapped.

They both sat down sulking like a child. I swear they were always like this.

"You guys need to focus and get your heads out of your asses" I said getting up and leaving the room.

I could still hear them arguing as I left the room. I just shook my head and laughed. Give them a few hours to cool down and they are best friends again.

...

"We go in on my count" I said over the earpiece in my ear.

We were now surrounding the mansion that my angel was being held in. Soon I will have her in my arms. Maybe then I could figure out what I was feeling for her.

"Move in" I shouted.

We stormed the place and killed anyone in sight. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins as I fired rounds after rounds.

At this point I was just killing anyone who stood in my way.

Suddenly someone came around a corner firing gunshots wildly.

"Emilio are you really here to save that whore?" a familiar voice shouted as I crouched down behind a sofa.

Alessandro.

I swear I wanted more than anything to kill that fucker and I guess today must be my lucky day.

"Actually, I'm here for you" I shouted back over the gunshots.

"Aww, I'm flattered" he shouted back.

"I came here to kill you" I shouted back getting ready to shoot.

1, 2, 3. I stood to my feet and fired in his direction. Every single gunshot hit him and I couldn't help the smirk of victory that spread on my face. I must have shot him over ten times and that still didn't feel enough.

"Don't shoot" I heard a female voice shout as Layla appeared from around the corner with Boris holding a gun to her head.

We were currently in the living room and my heart was pounding in my chest out of fear, not fear for me but for Layla.

She had tears streaming down her beautiful face as she stood helplessly in the arms of the man that she was supposed to call her father.

At this time I remembered why I never wanted to get attached to anyone in the first place. When your enemies learn that you care about someone, then they will do anything in their power to use that person to break you.

I never had a weakness before her, apart from my sister. But my sister had proven time and time again that she could take care of herself so I wasn't worried about her safety. I never wanted to be worried about anyone.

I never wanted to be with anyone; because being with me meant that they would be putting their own life in danger. I never wanted to be responsible for anyone other than myself. I had pledged a long time ago that I wouldn't allow anyone near me, but she had managed to break down those walls.

She was in danger because of me. If I hadn't kidnapped her in the first place she wouldn't be here with her life on the line.

"Drop your weapons" Boris instructed as he held her against his body.

"I said drop your fucking weapons" he instructed again.

This time he pressed the gun harder into her head as she shook in fear.

"Alright. Don't shoot" I said as I lowered my guns to the ground slowly not wanting to tick him off.

The other men behind me followed what I was doing and dropped their weapons also.

"Now, I have waited a long time for this. I don't even know why my father signed that stupid treaty in the first place, but it doesn't matter anymore because today I get to take out the competition and rise to the top" he rambled on like a crazy person.

"I'm the one you want, so let her go. She doesn't have anything to do with this" I tried to reason with him.

"For the first time the great Emilio Moretti cares about someone other than himself. How pathetic?" he mocked.

"Are you really going to kill your own daughter?" I asked.

"I don't care if she is my daughter or not. I killed my own father so I don't have a problem killing her"

He was a complete maniac. I knew that what he said was true. He did indeed kill his father and took over his organization.

I looked over to Layla as she continued to cry. I caught a glimpse of something or rather someone not too far beside them. It was Luca. He was signaling me that he had a clear shot.

I looked back to Boris and saw him standing at the same place. I gave Luca the go ahead as Boris continued to glare at me.

Luca took the shot and the gunshot hit his hand causing him to drop the gun. Layla took this opportunity and elbowed him in the nose.

When she was free from him she ran towards me and jumped in my arms. Finally I could hold her again.

It still felt surreal having her in my arms again. I couldn't believe it. I just hope this wasn't a dream and if it was I never wanted to wake up.

"Are you really here?" she asked as she clung to my body refusing to let go.

"I'm really here" I said wrapping my arms around her tightly.

"I have to finish up in here, so why don't you wait for me outside" I suggested not wanting her to see what I was going to do next.

"No" she shook her head refusing to leave my side.

"Please Tesoro" I pleaded with her.

"Ok" was her simple reply.

I kissed her on her forehead and called over one of my men- Joey.

"Joey wait with her outside for me" I ordered.

He nodded and escorted Layla outside. I walked over to Boris who was on his knees. I didn't even bother striking up a conversation with him as I pulled out a gun and aimed it at his head.

The whole time he looked at me with his face void of any emotion. Not wanting to spend any more time than I needed to away from Layla, I pulled the trigger and watched the life drain from his eyes.

After I watched him fall to the floor in a pool of his own blood I rushed outside to be with Layla, but when I got there she was gone.

She wasn't there and neither was Joey.

Where were they?

A/N

Thank you so much for reading:)

Vote + Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 8.1K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...
21.6K 671 37
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
4.4M 115K 78
βœ“ COMPLETED βœ“ Started: 16th OCT 2020 Finished: 14th FEB 2021 EDITING! Finally out of the orphanage, Arabella needs to find a job with a good pay tha...
1.1M 24.7K 54
18+ "Did you fuck him"he said as he leaned against the wall and stomped out his cigarette. "I sure did "I said lying through my teeth just to get a r...