A Light In The Dark

By Akeboshishiba

A troubled young woman who had lost so much, her cousin, her family, and the innocence that she once was know... More

Souls Lost In Darkness
Tobirama Senju
The Face of the Enemy
A Small Reprieve
Chapter 6
Untitled Part 7
Untitled Part 8
Untitled Part 9
Untitled Part 10
Untitled Part 11
Untitled Part 12
Untitled Part 13

Partners

300 19 23
By Akeboshishiba

It just so happened... Naruto was right on about this being the worst punishment for them. He stayed in the living room the majority of the time, staring at the tv... there wasn't much else he did; and imagine how much that drove her nuts. She had been reading up on certain things that she knew he had been snooping around in. She knew he knew what he was searching for... she knew he had gone through her scrolls, she wasn't dumb like he thought she was.

She frowned as she sat at the table going over the reports she had gotten from her Anbu. So far they had received no intel on the ones who had taken Hanabi's eyes. Her eyelids felt heavy and she closed them, her desperation to find them was getting the better of her. She stood and made her way outside, one of her reports had said something of a white eyed woman, but they suspected the woman was just blind. She needed to go check it out. She vanished and appeared outside the village; she was going to made this quick. As smart as her Hokage claimed to be, he wasn't as smart as she was; and as smart as she knew Sasuke was... she knew he hadn't caught on to what she had done yet.

"Reverse summoning!" she said and she vanished in a swirl of air much like Tobi's time space jutsu had done. She landed in a crouch on a summoning seal outside the cloud village, they had claimed to have seen a white eyed woman. She walked in and immediately people surrounded her. The Raikage landed before her and so did Killer bee. "Oh! If it isn't the white eyed girl, appearing in a swirl! Yeah!" Bee rapped, very badly at that... he must have just thought that up. She bowed politely, but the Raikage still eyed her wearily.

"I don't suppose you are here on orders of your Hokage, are you?" he asked and she shook her head. "No sir, I am here on a personal vendetta." She said and he nodded in understanding. "The white eyed woman that Bee saw I'm assuming?" he asked and she nodded. "I fear she may have been the one to rip the eyes from my younger sister's skull and slaughtered my family in cold blood." Hinata said and the Raikage grit his teeth slightly. "I understand how you feel...but I cannot release any information at this time... the kage have made a promise to someone that they would not allow anyone knowledge of what they find concerning certain things unless the Hokage is present." Raikage said and bee nodded, doing his usual rapping dance because apparently he had gotten bored with the conversation.

Hinata scoffed audibly and looked him in the eyes. "You called a summit for bee, but you cannot grant a woman the information she needs to get her closure?" she ground out and he frowned. "I said I understood, but I am not permitted to release this information." He said and she frowned. "Why not?" she asked and as he opened his mouth someone else spoke. "Because it is a kage rule, If a kage asks that one kage keep something secret from someone of his village, it means that the kage knows someone in their own village will use this information to their advantage, just like I know you would." His voice echoed from behind her and her anger spiked.

Just his voice annoyed her, everywhere she went for information or whatever; he was there. He followed her everywhere as if she were a Nuke-nin he was sent to gain intel on. She didn't even hesitate to send a punch his way, which he caught easily and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and pulled her close to him, his anger was just as evident in his eyes as it was hers. "Why must you make my job so difficult?" he growled and she glared at him. "Why must you try to interfere with my life?! You are not my father, you are not my brother, you are not my lover, so leave me the hell alone!" she snapped and he glared at her.

"I'm supposed to protect you! Naruto's orders!" he snapped and she faltered for a moment but her anger still blazed in her eyes. "I don't need you. I don't need him. I don't need anyone! I traverse the darkness! The darkness is the path I follow and the darkness is going to be the guide I need to spot my sister's killer!" she snapped and shoved him away. "I don't need you, Naruto, Sasuke or anyone!" she sneered and Tobirama just stared at her.

"If you don't need them, you are going to forsake yourself." The Raikage butted in and she looked at him. "I will not forsake myself, but I will not let the monster who killed my sister walk free!" she snapped and vanished in the same swirl. "Forgive me for the disturbance, Raikage." Tobirama said and the Raikage nodded. "It is nothing, I have dealt with worse." He said and Tobirama vanished in a flash of yellow, much to the Raikage's surprise.

He returned to see Hinata getting scolded by Naruto but it didn't seem to faze her. She just stood and glared at him. "Why can't you just let me find the person that did this!? Why won't you let me handle family business?!" she snapped and Naruto glared at her. "Hinata, if I let you go... I believe you would become something you aren't." Naruto said and the hurt in Hinata's eyes was visible.

"I am not Sasuke! I am ME... I was weak, but now I'm not. I trained to get stronger the right way! I didn't run away to find someone stronger than me! I did this all myself! All I want to do is fight for the honor of my family!" Hinata snapped and walked inside, but not before landing a blow to the face on an unsuspecting Tobirama. "Stop following me and stop interfering with my life." She snapped before she walked completely into the house.

-:-:-:-:-

Hinata was getting sick and tired of dealing with the second Hokage; he was getting on her nerves all the time. The sad part was, she was stuck with the geezer until they decided to get along... amazing. Like that would ever happen... she couldn't stand him, he got on her nerves with every single thing he did! He wouldn't leave her alone; he thought he had to interfere with everything she did. Thank goodness she wasn't going to have to share a room with him or even an inn! Thank you kazekage!

Hinata opted to wear shorts for this trip, it was going to be hot; and when she said hot, she meant flaming hot where the sun made it feel like hell. So yes, short shorts were most definitely the go to attire in this situation, along with a sleeveless fishnet shirt and chest wrappings of course, although the idea of sitting in the desert nearly nude didn't bother her in the slightest; she had to be somewhat presentable, they were going to see the kazekage, whom of which she had thought was king grumpy until HE came back to life. Her light lavender eyes narrowed at him from across the group, Naruto had told them stay on their respective sides or he would downsize the house he had given them both; it wasn't like it was very big anyways, but she hardly had to see him unless he wanted food. Then he would send a clone in to get it for him, and she thought Shikamaru was lazy. Hmph!

He only frowned, that was the only thing he ever did, he frowned while they were in konoha, he frowned when she made him go get his own food, he frowned when he had to get up to go to the bathroom... the frowns never ended with this guy. She knows she isn't the epitome of happy and smiling, but she had lost her entire family and her hatred was disguised, he just outright hated everything apparently. She sighed and tied her jacket around her waist, she wasn't going to leave it behind, and it always got really cold at night in suna...

She glared at him once more and frowned herself. She didn't understand why she hated him so much now... she had pretty much worshipped him, his strength and sense of honor... she had admired the dead man for so long, opting to learn as many of his jutsu she could without killing herself, but now just looking at him sent a spike of anger through her and she just wanted to rip him to shreds. She couldn't stand him anymore, she had once wished that she could have fought by his side; but now that she is, she wants him out of the way. His eyes darted towards her and her heart jumped in surprise. She hated that he could surprise her just by looking her way. She grit her teeth and fisted her hands in her pockets. That was probably it, she hated him because he could make her feel. He made her feel surprise, excitement, and nervous... with just a glance. He made her feel in general; she had spent so much time shoving those distracting emotions back into the back of her being.

She had focused on making her fear the fear of others, she had focused on placing her hatred on the shoulders of her enemies, and she had shoved all emotions that could get her killed into the back of her entire existence. She had spent all this time building up her walls so she wouldn't fear the ones who had killed her family, so she wouldn't fall to her knees before them and be the failure everyone had told her she was before she became like this. She knew her fear would get to her one day, so she focused it on making it everyone else's fear so she wouldn't be the only one. She turned to see Naruto and Sasuke talking while Tobirama listened to them in interest, the urge to roll her eyes was greater than anything.

She shoved her fingers into her pocket and sighed. Naruto raised a brow at her as they reached the area where the forest became sand and nothingness. "I hate sand..." she muttered and Naruto chuckled. "You only hate sand because you and Gaara are both at a stalemate every time you fight because his sand gets all soggy and soon enough you run out of water and all that is left is a whole bunch of wet sand that people have to walk through." Naruto laughed and Hinata scoffed. "If he wouldn't use sand all the time, there wouldn't be a problem." She said, a small smirk crossing her lips. "And if you wouldn't continuously use water, Gaara would invite us over here more." Sasuke said and Hinata smirked. "He is just a sore loser." She said and Sasuke sighed. "Both of you are...because neither of you win." He said and Hinata's smirk fell. "Whatever, this time I'm going to show him the wrath of my special jutsu I stole." She said and Naruto and Sasuke eyed her wearily.

Hinata only smirked and walked ahead. "You have learned a variety of incredibly devastating jutsu Sasuke, I just took a liking to a certain one." She said and he frowned. "Which one?" he asked and her smirk grew. "Why should I say...it's more fun having you baffled that you couldn't tell." She said and he glared at her. "You didn't." he growled. "I took more than that one, I found it to make a beautiful light show." She said and he frowned. "One question, how are you able to use so many elements?" Naruto asked and Sasuke glared at him.

"You allowed her to get the tattoos, remember? Like the Raikage and his right hand man, the one with the black lightning...you let her get the wind and fire, but apparently she has a natural element we didn't know about..." Sasuke growled and Hinata smirked. Tobirama only stared at her, nothing showing in his eyes, which irked Hinata to no end. "Interesting..." was his only reply. Naruto laughed nervously and grinned. "Oh...yeah...those tattoos the ones that allow you use of the elemental properties...that's why she is Anbu captain after all..." he laughed nervously.

She scoffed audibly and locked her hands together behind her head. "So...you can actually use elements other than your own?" Tobirama asked, but Hinata paid him no mind, she continued to ignore him as he always ignored her. He hmphed and continued walking. Sasuke and Naruto looked from one to the other and Naruto grinned. "You know, I have seen something like this before..." Naruto said and Hinata raised a brow at him. "You remember how Temari and Shikamaru were before they started dating right Sasuke?" Naruto asked and Sasuke nodded. They were talking loudly as if to get on the nerves of the other two members of their travelling group. "Yeah. If I remember right, Temari always hated him and always wanted to spar with him to prove who was stronger, but he ignored her all the time." Sasuke said and Hinata glared at them. "You know, I think there is something of the sort going on here!" Naruto exclaimed and the two looked at him with unimpressed looks.

"I would hardly feel anything for a child such as her even if she had less of an attitude. So, such accusations are preposterous. Quit being children and act your age, Hokage." Tobirama said simply and Hinata snorted, her Byakugan activating and she managed a very intimidating glare at the two in the middle. "As if I would ever feel anything towards that old ass dinosaur." She snapped and her eyes pulsed with chakra. When used the way she used it, the Byakugan was quite terrifying. Naruto and Sasuke were silent for a few minutes. "But...Hinata...wasn't it you that said you admired the second Hokage more than anything? You said you were going to learn as many of his jutsu just so you could be as strong as he was..." Naruto said and a smug smirk crossed Tobirama's lips.

"Is that so?" he asked interestedly. Hinata's eyes flashed dangerously, her cheeks dusted a very pale shade of pink, much unlike they had when she were younger. She was silent, her face was in a bit of surprise mixed with anger, but soon enough her shock faded and she looked at them with angered eyes. "That was uncalled for." She said quietly and their grins twitched down and turned to shock as she silently walked forward, she wasn't going to waste her time on them taunting her any longer. "H-Hinata..." Naruto squeaked and she gave him a sharp glance but said nothing. "Why are you so mad now? Sheesh, normally you would try to hit me or something... is it because I hit a sore spot?" Naruto asked rolling his eyes. Hinata snorted but said nothing.

She walked leisurely ahead. "Your humor does not amuse me Naruto. Because..." she began with a sigh, but then her eyes became sharp and he blinked in surprise. "You always try to say things that will embarrass me. Only you and my mom knew I admired him that way! And now he and Sasuke the gossip queen knows and he does too. But... when we get back to the village... it's all over." She snapped and Tobirama smirked, he had been right that it had been her mother asked him to help, and now he knew why she asked him personally. She figured he could talk Hinata down from whatever insane thing she planned to do.

-:-:-:-:-

Gaara was not impressed with the chosen nin that accompanied Naruto. He was not impressed in the slightest. His eyes locked on Hinata, she used to be such a sweet and loving person...but things changed and she automatically became the last person he had wanted to be around because she was always looking for a way to get stronger, a way to track better. Any way that she could find to become a better hunter, she would learn the tactics and methods and then she would improve upon them.

She was smart and incredibly strong for being someone he had once looked down on. He had been impressed with her massive growth in strength until he figured out the reason why, he looked from what he had remembered of Sasuke and compared the looks she gave now and he saw a female version of him. She was going to become deadly and then the kage would have to do something about her. He looked at her and she just stared out the window. She had been dubbed the devil with the angel's face, by the other kage and they tried to deny her entrance into their villages, but Naruto said if they did, they would only make the problem worse.

"Gaara...I know that look...and I have good reasoning for why she is here." Naruto said and Gaara raised a brow. "And why should I be here?" Hinata asked bitterly, Gaara noticed her glare seemed to be focused on the newcomer to Naruto's group. "Ah...the second Hokage, I figured you would be older and more...dead." Gaara chuckled and Tobirama just nodded in greeting. "I am alive for a purpose that proves to be disrespectful to one of my stature." He said and Gaara raised a brow again. "I'm here to save a certain person from a dark fate they wish to walk. Normally I would just leave them to rot and suffer, but I cannot allow it because Tsunade says I am restricted to helping the person, then I will be free to live my life how I please." Tobirama said politely and Gaara chuckled.

"According to the second Mizukage, you were a perverted hound dog that chased every woman you saw, much like Ero-sannin was." Naruto said and Hinata snorted loudly and Gaara chuckled. Tobirama gave him a comical look before pinching the bridge of his nose. "So you are going to go spy on those poor unsuspecting women in the bath houses, dirty Senju dog." Hinata scoffed and Tobirama glared at her. "Hyuuga slut." He said and everyone turned to see Hinata's dark aura flaring.

"You want to run that by me again? I promise you I will put you back in the ground you dinosaur." She snapped and Naruto sighed. "And this is why I can't leave them in my village; they are always fighting over something. I have made them live together so I think it may be all that pent up sexual frustration. I mean dude has been dead for like.... forever and Hinata hasn't been laid in... who knows how long." Naruto said like he was discussing the weather and the two glared at him. "What was that Uzumaki? Do you want me to beat you to death instead? I don't think Ino would care since you and Menma annoy the hell out of her anyways!" Hinata snapped and Naruto raised his hands.

"Hey I was only stating my opinion, you really need to chill out Hinata." Naruto said and Sasuke nodded, although he was in the same boat as Hinata; he was annoyed by his own partner on a daily basis. Hinata's eyes hit the floor and she swept out of the room as if she herself were the air. "I'm going to the usual inn...If you need me, you know where to find me." She said as she walked down the hallway. Tobirama felt her chakra spike then vanish, he didn't know where she had gone or what she had done, but he was going to find out. He left the room as well and Naruto and Sasuke sighed.

"So, Gaara, what information do you have on that white eyed woman prancing around?" Naruto asked when he was sure the two were gone. "Not much, Naruto. The Raikage told me that Hinata had showed up asking for information not too long ago." Gaara said and Kankuro and Temari frowned. "I feel so sorry for her, you know?" Temari said and Naruto nodded. "I had no idea, the person who killed off her clan had used enough silencing tags that even if I would have walked by the windows, I wouldn't have heard anything..." Naruto said, his eyes glued to his hands; the expression on his face sorrowful.

"Naruto...the Raikage told me the woman is walking around... claiming to be Hanabi Hyuuga." Gaara said and Naruto's head shot up. "That's impossible, Hinata buried her herself!" Naruto exclaimed and Gaara nodded. "This woman looks nothing like a Hyuuga, this is why I was informed. she has long light brown hair and blue eyes, we do not know of her jutsu, but the Raikage said steer clear of her if you can. He says her power is extremely dangerous, she can use all five elements... and... she has extraordinary use of the water style. One of my informants claims she was one of Orochimaru's test subjects." Gaara said and that caught the attention of both of the konoha nin.

-:-:-:-:-

Hinata grit her teeth and looked at her hands. "Claiming to be my sister and using my elements... I wonder who you truly are, because once I find you I want to know the name of the monster I'm going to rip limb from limb." Hinata growled and melted into water, her water clone dissipating. She lay back and glared at her wall, oh how she hated being restricted to a room all night. Well, she really wasn't but she knew if Naruto found out she had gone off to another village like she usually did, he would be beyond pissed. So... instead she was going to obey for once. Didn't mean she couldn't go visit the hot springs though...

She grabbed her bathing supplies and headed for the springs. Heads turned her way and she couldn't help the disgusted twitch of her lips, she hated the attention she got. Sure... she was kinda cute, but it really didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore except finding the one who took her family. She entered the bathhouse and sighed she didn't have a problem with the bathhouse, nor did she have a problem with the bathhouse being co-ed, it was just the men who hung around there she had a problem with.

She slid open the door and blinked as she saw it was nearly empty. Five familiar heads turned to look at her. "OH! Hinata-chan!" Naruto exclaimed and she sighed and slid into the water, tossing the now soggy robe out of the water with a splat. "Naruto..." she greeted; then her eyes met, Gaara's. "Oh! So you do bathe!" she snorted and he gave her a dirty look. "I may dislike water because of my sand... but you see... I dislike smelling like a sweatshop more." He grumbled and she smirked. "Hinata, babe, looking good." Kankuro said and scooted close to her. He intended to get closer to her but her foot raised from the water and planted itself on his forehead.

"Kankuro... that... is as close as you get with your wandering hands." She snapped and he grinned. "You have soft feet." He said and her eyebrow twitched. "Creep." She snapped and kicked him away. Gaara chuckled. "I'm quite surprised you didn't drown him." Gaara said and she smirked. "Well I can obviously do worse than drown." She said and raised a hand from the water. Her hand crackled with electricity. "Hinata don't you dare." Naruto growled as her expression became humored and lightning sparked next to him in the water and he jumped. "Nata-chan! Stop it!" he whined and Sasuke laughed. While Sasuke and Hinata were having their fun taking turns zapping the Hokage, Tobirama was torn between getting out and staying.

He couldn't stand her, but he had a job to do. If he didn't finish this job then he would have hell to pay from his super strength wielding grand-niece. He sighed as he watched her as she walked in, that had not been what he had been expecting. She obviously didn't like the attention the kazekage's older brother gave her and he could agree that he would hate having attention like that on him all the time. It seemed every single man in suna followed her like she was a goddess. Although he wasn't envious of how easily men fell at her feet, it still bothered him that he actually had to work to gain the attention of a woman...

Hinata's sharp gaze met his and she sniffed angrily and muttered something about a perverted old dinosaur under her breath. He really got annoyed by the dinosaur quips she continuously threw at him, it never helped that Hashirama had called him a grumpy dinosaur... "Hey grumpy... you going to quit staring or do I have to blind you?" she snapped and he smirked. "No need...I can't tell what I'm looking at, you've already blinded me, ugly wench." He scoffed and she shrugged.

"Good, that would only make it easier for me to kill you then. Maybe then I wouldn't have to deal with an obnoxious ass all the time." She said and shrugged. "you know... you can't kill me with my own element so stop with the water already." He sighed and she smirked. "Oh...but I know...you are at a major disadvantage if water is all you use, dino." She said with a smirk and he rolled his eyes. "Sure thing brat." He said uninterested, as he looked away; and she deflated realizing her full torso was out of the water. "Goddammit Tobirama!" she snapped and dropped back down into the water.

"I hate you." She snapped and Naruto cleared his throat, a blush on his face. "Hinata ...in order for one to hate...one has to love." Gaara said with a forced smirk, his cheeks were pink as well. Kankuro was grinning like a fool and Sasuke had at least had the decency to look away once she had become exposed. But everyone could still see the smirk on his lips. "Fucking perverts...every last one of you!" she snapped as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Especially you, ya fuckin dinosaur!" she snapped and he scoffed. "As I said, you are a child and a child does not interest me so." Tobirama said and crossed his arms over his chest then.

Naruto and Kankuro eyed him with a smirk. "Sure thing Tobi... sure thing." Kankuro said and Tobirama raised a brow at them. "You can't deny she's hot." Naruto said and a fire found its way to Naruto's head as Hinata stormed from the bathhouse. Naruto screeched and dunked his head under the water. He burst from the water to see a disgusted Temari standing at the edge of the spring. "Filthy perverts... every last one of you...I came to see why her highness ran outta here, but yall are reason enough." She said and turned on her heel.

Sasuke turned to Naruto and grinned. "You think I could get Hinata?" he asked Naruto. Naruto gave him a blank look and Tobirama refrained from rolling his eyes. "Nah... she totally has the hots for Tobi." He laughed and Tobirama gave him a dirty look. "You're more of an idiot than I had originally thought..." he said and Naruto grinned. "Nah! That's just how Hinata acts when someone bothers her. There's something about you that sets her off." Naruto said with a shrug and Tobirama sighed.

"What the hell have you been smoking?" he asked and Sasuke glared at Naruto. "I bet you that I can get Hinata." He said and that irritated Tobirama. "You know... its never wise to bet on a woman's heart." He said and Sasuke looked at him oddly. "What the hell does that mean?" "Ask Tsunade, Jiraiya and Orochimaru made a bet to see who could get her to date them and well...Orochimaru got turned inside out just about. And Jiraiya-sensei was never the same..." Naruto said and Tobirama smirked. "As I see it... Hinata is a miniature version of Tsunade. Who, if you get in her way... or try to mess with her thought process... She will screw you up beyond repair, she knows counter genjutsu which is very hard to use and she most likely has expansive knowledge on the counter genjutsu." Tobirama said and Sasuke smirked.

"But I have Sharingan... she will be mine." He said and the men in the springs shook their heads. "And a death wish." Naruto chuckled and Sasuke smirked. "We shall see."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 158 20
Mizuki hyuga was born in the sand village and her parents died when she was 4 years old Her parents usually talked about how cool and amazing the vil...
213K 7.2K 19
Its a sasuhina fanfic. If you don't like the ship or feel offended by it then please kindly leave. But if you are a hardcore sasuhina fan then this i...
39K 1.2K 24
Hinata's life takes a devastating turn when her family is brutally murdered by Sasuke Uchiha, the coldest member of the Akatsuki. Left grappling with...
27.3K 646 33
Hinata Hyuga has never had an easy life. Sure she was born into a wealthy family, but that never.cover up the emotional and physical pain. Her father...