Bloodstream

By meimyselfforever

I stopped inches away from her. I could feel the heat radiating off her body. I was too close. She kept her e... More

Prologue
01 Gunshot
03 A Story
04 Red
05 Mistake
06 Green
07 Rest
08 He Left?
09 Distraction
10 A Visitor
11 Coming With You
12 Everything
13 The Real Story
14 Ten Minutes
15 No
16 Dream Walking
17 Curiosity
18 Patience
19 Alpha Boy
20 Incendia
21 Drink From The Vein
22 Baby
23 Insatiable
24 A Bad Idea
25 Leave
26 Dissension
27 I Have To Find Her
28 He Knows Something
29 Two Can Play
30 Good Girl
31 Sanctum
32 Letter For Her
33 Bath
34 Blood Stained Wall
35 News From...
36 Space?
37 We Got Shit To Do
38 Into The Woods
39 Tied Down
40 Mind Games
41 He Looks Familiar
42 Witch Hunt
43 Till Midnight
44 Blue
45 Its Unheard Of
46 A Hint
47 Let's Go Home
48 I Missed This
49 Our Best Shot
50 Shaky
51 Are The Boys Behaving Themselves?
52 Why Would I Start A War?
53 Is This It?
54 Let's Get This Over With
55 What Had To Be Done
56 Howl In The Woods
57 Do You Wanna Know?
58 I Have A Bad Feeling
59 Fire and Knives
Epilogue

02 Hex

647 25 134
By meimyselfforever

Sage

"Shhh" I put a finger against my lips and looked over his shoulder. Ethan understood what I meant. He turned around and within seconds he was at least 10 feet away from us heading towards the back entrance.

For some reason Ethan decided it was a good idea to come back to the warehouse.The sight of the crime. I left this place completely senseless last night . I barey remember how.

Kaia stayed close. Again it was Ethan's idea to bring her. She was a badass at times but she wasn't nearly as strong as any of us probably coz she was less than a century old. But you never know when you might need a little extra help. So I didn't mind the extra backup.

We were at the staircase that led to the parking lot. My mind focused. Listening. For a sound even if it was a heartbeat....a breath.... anything.

The air was thick. We could barely breathe straight. It smelt of smoke. Something was on fire. The smell was taking over everything.

"What the hell " I mouthed to her.

She just shook her head and mouthed "The Fuck!"

The smell of blood was all around us. The building was in absolute darkness. I had never seen it like this before. We walked up the staircase and the smell of blood got even more intense. The smell of burning, rotten meat started to fill my nostrils. We came to a door on the edge of the stairs. Kaia and I gave eachother a look. I turned to reach for the knob when I heard a click. Kaia had her gun ready to shoot. It honestly easy necessary. It didn't seem like anyone was here.

Wait.

I heard something. She heard it too.

A heart.....steady....getting closer and closer..

At this point I had my gun out as well even though I didn't need it. I wasn't going to get my hands dirty if I didn't need to.

I turned the door knob and within a split second we were in there aiming our guns at the man with his back facing us.

"Ethan" I said in annoyance. I turned around to see Kaia putting her gun away and running her hand through her hair.

"You gave us a little bit of scare there" she breathed out. I gave her a look

" You gave me a scare" she corrected in a sarcastic tone.

He didn't pay attention to anything we had said. He just raised his hands to the side. "Look at this place Sage" he said and I did as told.

I hadn't noticed the scene around me as yet. Blood Everywhere. Bodies Everywhere.

But the bodies were burnt.

The walls were drenched in blood. My mind started wandering off again. I started hearing screams and prayers. The look in their eyes. Before I killed them. I saw flashes of them all before I tore through them in minutes. But still no clear picture.

I didn't need that much blood to drink. One blood bag would have been enough. Maybe... maybe not. But massacre to this extent was not required.

I was trying to reel in my thoughts when my head started pounding. I put my hands against my temples trying to ease the pain. It didn't help. My mind went blank and my senses got heightened even more.

I was trying to remember what had happened to me. Why did I get so hungry. How did I not remember most of what happened here.

"The bodies have just been burnt" i heard Kaia's voice a little away from us. She was standing at a little balcony, looking around outside.

Her words made Ethan and I look around too. She was right. The smoke was still around us. The smell or burning meat was still fresh. It grossed me out.

I needed to get out.

Ethan didn't say a word. He just rubbed his forehead and walked past me towards the staircase we had just come up.

I heard his footsteps. Walking down the stairs. He was answering the phone. I didn't want to over hear what he was talking about so I looked at Kaia who was standing at the exit too. She made a slight gesture with her head and I understood so I walked towards her .

"Who do you think burnt them?" I heard her voice again, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I have no idea" I said. I felt exhausted at this point. I hadn't rested in a few days. The previous night just made things harder for me to even sit in peace for a minute.

"Do you think it was the owners of this place?" She said again.

"No" I shook my head. "The cops would have been all around this place by now". This was a massacre...a blood bath. I killed innocent people. Humans. We were supposed to be co-existing with them.

I rubbed my hand down my face in order to calm myself but that didn't do any good.

But that still left the question as to who burnt them.

"I'll send my men back to take care of the bodies and find out who this place belongs to" i said as I began walking a little faster to reach Ethan.

He was standing against the car waiting for us. He had a grimm look on his face.

"What?"

"Nathaniel called" he said as he put his hands into his trouser pockets.
Nathaniel was kind of like my henchman. One of my most loyal men. I turned him around five centuries back.

"He found out about that bullet" he said.

"And..." My voice matched the questionable expression on my face.

His eyes showed concern of some type. "The bullet was hexed".

********

"Witches are a pain in the ass" I heard Nathaniel from the other side of the room . His tall figure leaned against the window casually while refilling his glass with whisky.

I was in my cozy chair behind my desk leaning back with my elbows on the armrest and palms clasped infront of my face. Trying to wrap my head around the truth I just leaned.

Ethan was across table from me. Also in a very comfy looking chair. He had a big glass of blood that he was sipping out of. His eyes fixed on the tiny piece of metal on the table infront of us. The bullet.

Looking at that bullet alone made me feel a shivver just from the thought of pain it out me through. Not just the pain. I lost my fucking mind that night.

"Why would someone shoot her with a hexed bullet?" Ethan's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "She can't even be killed".

"This wasn't the first time this has happened Ethan" Nathaniel said almost immediately " besides it did have enough of an effect on her to make her go wild". He did have a point.

I didn't say a word. I just stood up and walked to Ethan's side of the desk and rested against it with my hands folded across my chest, curious as Nathaniel downed his whisky and turned to us.

"There have been a few incidents of vampires going completely rabid in past few weeks" he went on.

We had heard about that.

" they had to be put down eventually. That is if they hadn't died already" he carried on and we listened attentively taking in everything.

"Two in Huntley and five in Gervase in the past two weeks" Ethan stated while setting his glass down on the table and standing up " the most recent in Kallihan" he shot me a look on the last part and turned to Nathaniel. "Huntley executed their vampires. Gervase...I don't know. They sealed their kingdom off. No one knows what happened after that "

"Yes" Nathaniel said "What do those three places have in common?" He said walking closer. He looked at us as if we already knew the answer.

"I don't want to play guessing games Nathaniel" Ethan was losing his patience. And he did nothing to hide it.

Nathaniel looked unsure for a while. As if he was questioning his words before he could even say them.
" Listen I know this a little far reaching " he said raising his hands in the air. " all this started only after Sicily".

It wasn't far reaching. But it also didn't make much sense to me.

"But that doesn't explain why I was shot." I spat out. " I can't be killed by bullets even if they are hexed" i said raising my eyebrows and taking a step away from the table.

"Maybe they didn't expect you there" Ethan murmured almost as if he was talking to himself. "That's a deserted road people don't use it. The only ones that pass that route are people travelling to and from the Palace"

"Which again are mostly Vampires" Nathaniel added "

"Yes but that doesn't change the fact that someone shooting hexed bullets that drives vampires rabid was out there" I shot back. This information wasn't satisfying my curiosity at all. It was making me more frustrated because whatever I've heard so far didn't really explain anything. I wanted answers.

I looked back at the boys. Both of them had serious expressions on their faces.

"What about Gervase and Huntley? What's happening there now?" I said running my hand through my hair out of frustration.

"Its chaos Sage" Nathaniel began explaining. " The humans want answers. They were promised peace. This isn't peace. And there have been whispers about witches." He probably said all that in one breath. Really? He stalled so long to come to the important news now?

"But witches practicing dark magic aren't allowed inside our lands. Even if they are they know better than to use magic here" I said resting my hands on my hips.

"That's why the bullets Sage" I heard Ethan with an expression like he was trying to figure stuff out.

"They can't enter our lands..." My voice trailed and he nodded at me as if I had just spoken his mind "  they sent someone in here?"

That was a question. But we already knew the answer

**********

I really hope I managed to write this scene to justice the way i had it playing out in my head.

Let me know what y'alls theory about the witches are. What do you think they want after all this time?

I'm gonna stop rambling.
Vote and comment if you liked this chap and are curious for the next one.

See you guys soon *virtual hugs*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.3K 1.9K 83
{A SAPPHIC VAMPIRE TALE- COMPLETE} 18+ (this story can be read as a stand-alone if you wish)❗️ This is heartbreak, this is betrayal. When Marine, a...
257 7 10
I gasped sharply when, in the midst of it all, his long fingers penetrated me, causing my walls to clench around his fingers. The sensation was elect...
1.4K 103 9
"π˜πŽπ” π‹πˆπŠπ„ π“πŽ 𝐁𝐄 π…π”π‚πŠπ„πƒ π‹πˆπŠπ„ 𝐀 π–π‡πŽπ‘π„, 𝐇𝐔𝐇?" Tom whispers, his arms pushed harder against my wrists. A slight whimper lea...
3.1M 138K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...