Photographs

By SpeakerOfLove

A push and pull love story between the stoic Royal Guard Captain Jo Yeong and a straight forward woman Myeong... More

Destruction
The Blind Date and The Gun Shot
Eun-bi and Kka-bi Day
Occupied
Minx
The Rumour and The Intruder
Fragments of a Dream
Ephialtes
Terrified
Vanished
Breathing In Other Worlds
In a Hundred Worlds I'd Find You
It Was Fate
Daebak

Eun-bi and Kka-bi Day (The Birthday Gift)

608 19 3
By SpeakerOfLove

The next day Seung-ah wakes up and remembered that she is in the captain's room. She quickly got up and left the room and when she came out, she found Yeong in the kitchen, busy preparing the breakfast.

"you're awake." yeong greeted.

"Good morning. Jo-daejangnim, You need help?" seng-ah asked

"No need. I'm about to finish." yeong said.

"I see. uhm...I will just wake up the twins." seung-ah went to the twins room and there she saw eun-bi trying to wake up  kka-bi. 

"Good morning oppa!                                                                                                                                              "Good morning Hyung!"

The twins greeted to their big brother.

"Good morning, lets eat. It will be a long day for us." yeong stated. 

"Why? did something happen to the palace?" seung-ah asked

"Nothing. I just thought about what you said last night and  you're right. So I decided to spend time with the twins today." yeong said while smiling at the twins.

"It's true?!"Eun-bi asked with eagerness

"Yes. so think about the places you want to go." yeong said.

"Can we also eat ice cream, popcorn and hotdogs ?!" Kka-bi asked.

"Yes. we will eat all the food that you like." yeong answered. " But before all that, finish your breakfast first." he reminded the twins.

After breakfast the twins went straight to their room to get dressed, while Seung-ah helped Yeong clean the dishes.

"They are so excited to be with you. I can see that they are very happy." seung-ah said. After they had cleaned up, Seung-ah informed him that she had to go home, because she didn't want to bother them anymore..

"Go home? but why?" kkabi asked as they did not notice that the twins were already standing behind them. "Unnie, why don't you just go with us?" it's eun-bi.

"We have been bothering Unnie a lot since yesterday, she may have some important things to take care of." yeong explained to the children.

"but it would be nice to have her with us." kka-bi said who was about to weep. "Unnie, come with us, please." eun-bi asked with her teary eyes. "please..."

"But this is your chance to be alone with your older brother." seung-ah said to the twins who's now crying. "uhm..."

"Seung ah, if....if you have nothing important to do,  why don't you just come with us? if you have no other plan today." yeong asked

"Noona, please..." kka-bi pleaded who is still crying.

"But is it really okay? I mean it's your bonding moment." seung ah asked worriedly.

"don't worry, it's ok." yeong's reassurance.

Seung ah looked at the twins again and slowly smiled at them. "If Jo-daejangnim said 'it's ok', then I think it's ok. I'll go with you." seung-ah said while smiling.

___

Seung ah went home for a while to put on clean clothes, They went to the lotte world, because the twins had long wanted to go there with their Older brother.

"Oppa let's ride in a carousel!" Eun-bi said excitedly.

"I'm too old for that Eun-bi." Yeong said.

"And who said that carousel was just for kids?" Seung-ah asked with mischievous smile." Jo-daejangnim, we will all ride in the carousel!"

"No way." Yeong's objections

"Yes way!" Seung-ah exclaimed and with the help of the twins, they drag yeong towards the carousel and they all ride on it.

At first Yeong was embarrassed, Him, the captain of the royal guards riding a carousel? But when he saw how happy the twins and seung-ah, he let his self to have fun too.

"After riding in various rides, they felt hungry. They went to Lotteria resto because the twins want to eat fries and burgers.

" Kka-bi eat slowly, you might choke on it. You too, Eun-bi look its spreading across your face." Seung-ah said to the twins while Yeong is watching.

Actually he had been looking at Seung-ah the whole time, how much she cares for the twins. The way she smiles, her eyes. Yeong realized that he had never seen such a beauty like the woman in front of him.

Yeong brought back to reality when Swung-ah suddenly stood up because of the ketchup on her pants.

"Are you ok?" Yeong asked.

"Yeah. I'm ok."

"Noona sorry. It's my fault" Kka-bi said

"It's ok kka-bi. I'll just clean it up." Seung-ah excused herself and went straight to the rest room.

---

"Are you sure it's ok?" Yeong asked again to seung-ah, the stained is still visible on her pants because she's wearing a white pants and a flannel shirt.

"Yes." But he's not. So Yeong took off his cardigan and wrapped it around sueng-ah's waist. The act was so fast but for seung-ah the world suddenly slowing down and she didn't noticed yeong was done.

"Seung-ah? You OK?"

"Yes!" Seung-ah replied while touching her chest to calm her heart.

---

The night came they are now sitting on a blanket waiting for the fireworks, but the twins are already asleep on seung-ah's lap.

"I remembered something." Yeong said. " Someone told me that today is your birthday."

Seung-ah was surprised that Yeong knows it's her birthday. "Yeah."

"Sorry I didn't bring a gift."

"It's ok. Jo-daejangmin. The fact that I spend my whole day with you and with the twins  is more than enough as a gift." Seung-ah said.

"No. Tell me what gift you want."

"It's really Ok, Jo-daejangmin. You don't have to."

"I insist."

When Seung-ah noticed that the captain was really serious, she thought of making fun of him.

"Are you really sure Jo-daejangmin?"

"Yes." Yeong replied

"Really really sure?"

"Seung-ah..."

"Ok, Ok. Jo-daejangmin... I... want you to sing a song for me while playing a guitar." Seung-ah said.

"What?"

"You're asking for it." Seung-ah noticed the confused look of the captain. " Jo-daejangmin, I told you its OK. You don't have-" but before seung-ah could finish what she was saying, Yeong suddenly stood  up.

"Wait here." He said and start to walk away.

Few minutes later  Yeong came back with a bouquet of flowers, a cake and a guitar.

"Jo-daejangmin, where did you get that?" Seung-ah asked.

"In the store?" Yeong took the cake out of the box and lit two candles. He picked up the guitar. "This is the only song I know how to play in the guitar so..." Yeong starts strumming the guitar. And all that seung-ah could do was to watch the Royal Guard Captain.

'Wise men said only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you...'

Seung-ah didn't know what to feel. But one thing is for sure, She is completely and irrevocably in love with Yeong.

Yeong couldn't understand why he did this. All he knew was that this is all for Seung-ah.

'Take my hand, Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you.'

"Seung-ah hold her breath for a moment, was it possible a heart could burst right out of human chest? She never experienced anything even remotely close to what she felt right now.

Yeong use one thumb to gently brush a tear off her cheek. Seung-ah gasped she'd been crying.

" Happy Birthday Myeong Seung-ah. "

she raised her gazed to his and she smiled. As if on cue a set of bright fireworks light up the night sky. Yeong and Seung-ah look up and also the twins, yes the are awake now.

"It's beauful." Seung-ah said. Yeong turned his gazed to her and held his breath. "It is."

Caught up in one of those  rare almost perfect moments, the kind most people never know in an entire lifetime.

---

They are now in front of Seung-ah's home.
"Jo-daejangmin, thank you again for the flowers and for the song" seung-ah said while smiling. "You should go now, the twins are waiting. Good night Jo-daejangmin"

Yeong nods but before he could leave, he slipped an arm around seung-ah's waist and pulled her so close then he lowered his head and left a kiss to seung-ah's forehead.

"Good night Myeong Seung-ah. He said and turned away from her.

Song reference

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 143 15
This is my first Fan Fiction. Please, show your love for this. It is based on the Korean drama, "The King: Eternal Monarch" originally written by Kim...
7.2K 215 9
From the K-Drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" After Lee Lim is defeated and the door between the two parallel universes closes, Jo Yeong is back to h...
115K 4K 37
A Princess who was sent to marry the King of Silla. But instead she pretend that she is NOBODY. She entered Silla as a noble woman from the Goguryeo...
15.4K 419 14
..a simple love story "it all started with a date, in spring..." โ€ข Jo Yeong x Myeong Seung Ah โ€ข ยซ FANFICTION/ROMANCE ยป highest rank: #2 in thekingete...