HIS GREATEST BETRAYAL

Od Nyanya_Writes

To her , it was his ultimate betrayal but to him , it was her redemption. ... Viac

All rights reserved
PROLOGUE
BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BOOK TWO: THE ENCOUNTER
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BOOK THREE : SCARS OF THE PAST
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW BOOK ALERT!

Chapter 21

4.2K 155 1
Od Nyanya_Writes

JANE'S POV

A week passed by in a daze and still there was no word from Santiago. I wondered if he had finally given up. I recalled how hesitant he was , when l first offered him the job of digging around the so called Lucas Moretti.

He had argued that the man was an "off- limits area". Even l too had to admit that Santiago was partially right. I had been momentarily hesitant when l first googled him. The guy was too powerful and too rich , owning chains of hotels all over the globe. But l couldn't ignore the nagging suspicion that somehow he was Ferracco , version 2!

So l had laid my fears aside and hardened my heart. When Santiago continued arguing that he would be killed if Moretti discovered that he was being stalked , l had slapped more dollars on the table and he had smiled showing off his tobacco stained teeth and said,

" Now we are talking!"

I wondered if Santiago had simply manipulated me into giving him more money or his fear had been genuine. I have read many articles talking about Lucas Moretti's ruthlessness in his business dealings.

My hands rubbed my forearms as l felt a slight shiver ran through me. I cringed at the new thought that went through my head. I quickly reached for my cellphone and dialled Santiago's number. He was unavailable and l sent straight to voicemail again.

"Santiago ! Please call me as soon as you get this message. I am worried about you," l said in a nervous voice.

I dropped my head into my hands and drew in a deep, shuddering breath. My insides were quivering with fear. I was so scared that something bad could have happened to him. If Lucas Moretti was truly Ferracco Volcano , l wouldn't doubt even for a second that he was capable of killing someone in cold blood.

A man who was capable of feigning to be in love with a girl , then marry her and manipulate her into getting a high position in her company and then fled with his wife's fortune was capable of almost anything. Even murder !

I couldn't live with myself if anything bad happens to that innocent man. l shook off the disturbing thoughts.

"Let's be positive Jane. Worrying does no one any good, " l assured myself.

I took a look at the pile of files laying on my desk and a helpless sigh escaped me. There were many advertisement proposals and sales contracts l had to review. And there was that Paula Advertisement contract l had to arrange. I wondered why that weird man , Mr Carlton would put me in such an important project.

Just when l was about to get started on the files , my cellphone vibrated besides me. A smile flickered on my face when l saw Claudius's name flashing on the screen.

For the past week , we have been going steady. We had even gone on more dates. It was no longer weird to be with him romantically. I was now looking forward to spending more time with him.

" Hie there handsome ."

" How are you baby ?"

I could hear the smile in his voice. He liked it when l called him that. I imagined his face reddening in embarrassment. Claudius blushed way more than l did. I discovered he wasn't much of a daring man except on the day he kissed me on the balcony.

"I am good . Just a bit weary because of all the files l am working on," l said with a weary sigh as l peeked at the pile again.

" You need to take it slow."

" l have to finish the files today . If l keep postponing , the workload will only get worse."

" l understand but you still need to cool off sometimes. I will drop by your office today and take you out for lunch."

At the mention of food , l felt my earlier gloominess slipping away. My lips curved into a smile. It was a tempting invitation . I was already feeling hungry.

"Aww , you are so sweet , Claudius but you don't have to come. I am coming to your workplace at around nine. We signed a contract with Paula firm. They will be advertising our summer wear."

"Great then. See you later. And don't forget our vacation in two days. I already did the bookings. Love you."

" l won't..... Love you too," l hesitantly said.

I hung up feeling awkward. It felt a bit weird to say those words to him. We kissed a couple of times but we never got to say those words . l looked up to see Felicia standing in the doorway, her face plastered with a huge grin.

Here comes my greatest teaser!

She moved away from the doorframe where she was leaning and strolled further into the room looking fabulous as always. She was wearing a short black pencil skirt which hugged her every curve and a white tight blouse which pronounced her bosom. Her ebony hair was perfectly curled and falling to her waist in glossy waves. Her makeup was always on point but the thing l admired on her most were her dark honey brown eyes which were always lined with Kohl. Felicia was half Indian.

She and Lola were the most miserable fashion suckers l have ever seen. As for Lola, she never went to sleep before putting on those facial masks.

Felicia dropped herself into one of the seats and corked a dark eyebrow at me.

Not again!

" So how does it feel dating again for the first time in six good years," she asked with a wicked grin on her face.

" l know that face. In case you were wondering nothing of that sort happened between me and Claudius. We haven't reached that stage," l quickly defended myself upon seeing the wicked grin on her face.

Felicia's expression crumbled and she rolled her eyes at me dramatically.

" Why are you always thinking the worst of me? I asked innocently, " she pouted.

I snorted at her words but a smile flickered on my face seeing her feigned hurt expression. A sad sigh escaped me as l thought of all the years that l didn't move on with my life.

" l feel regretful and angry that l was missing out on something good as this for six good years all because l was hurting over some imbecile," l seethed.

Felicia quietly nodded her head in understanding.

" It feels really good for someone to worry about me. Asking me if l had lunch, slept well...The feeling is just warm," l continued.

" It's good that you are finally dating," she said at last.

" l know," l replied with a smirk.

"Do you love him?," Felicia suddenly blurted out.

I stared at her shocked.

" l really don't know. l am scared of falling for anyone. Last time l did, my heart ended up being shattered, " l admitted.

Felicia stared at me with her eyes clouded with worry.

"Stop shutting yourself from every man. Not everyone is like him. You deserve to be happy. For six years , you were only looking out for Elena. It's time you look out for yourself too."

I slowly nodded my head.

" l will do that. I know Claudius is a good man but l am scared he will get tired of my insecurities and obsession for revenge and finally leave me."

"Don't worry about that. I have seen Claudius twice and l can already tell he is head over heels in love with you."

                                              ****

" We are from Glamour Departmental store and we are here for a meeting with Mrs Debra Paula," l told the receptionist.

Felicia , Sean and l were standing in the lobby of Paula Advertising firm. Today was going to be our first official meeting after signing the contract and l was already feeling nervous. Mr Carlton had been breathing fire down my neck all week long , demanding l make sure the advert was going to be hit and crush our competitors once and for all.

" Wait a minute," the receptionist told me.

I impatiently watched her as she press a button on the keyboard and picked up the telephone. She mumbled a few words to whoever that was at the end of another line.

"Take this pass. Her office is number 5 on the fifth floor," she said handing me a golden card.

I walked back to my colleagues and we headed for the elevators. I looked around the company awe-stricken as the elevator whisked us to the fifty floor. Everything in this company screamed power and money.

Even the elevator was classic!

I was glad that Claudius secured a job in this company. After all he had three teenage brothers who depended on him for their livelihood. His single mother had deserted them eight years ago leaving him to fend for his younger brothers at such a young age.

Claudius acted as both the mother and father to his siblings. Though he never talked about it , l knew he was still hurting over his mother's desertion.

Miss Debra's assistant showed us into her office. The woman got up from her seat and came to greet us beaming. I had met the woman a few times while putting up the contract and l already liked her. She was a jovial person and comfortable to be around.

After exchanging pleasantries , we immediately dived in our meeting.

"Did you bring the sketches?," Mrs Debra asked.

Felicia took a file from her handbag and handed it over to her. She skimmed through the pages of our new summer clothing design nodding appreciatively. I could tell she was pleased by our work and l felt my earlier worries melting away. This project was very important to my career. Mr Carlton had also put a lot of trust in me and l didn't want to disappoint the older man.

Mrs Debra looked up from the sketch book with a satisfied grin.

"I am impressed. This advert is surely going to be hit! And we will be using our best model for this. So there is nothing to worry.....," her voice trailed off when the door suddenly burst open.

A tall beautiful lady with long honey-brown hair and on point makeup strolled in. She looked like she has just stepped out of a fashion magazine. She was dressed like one of those celebrity models in a tight red jumpsuit and white heels. Her full lips were painted a sinful red.

My eyes lingered on her perfectly made face. I could tell she was angry by her reddened face.

Wait!

She was familiar!

I immediately recognised her as Lucas Moretti's fiance . l had seen her at Lick It restaurant a week ago. When l googled Lucas Moretti , she had appeared captured in many photos with him.

Her name was Silvia Paula , a famous model in Paris , an heiress to Paula Advertising firm and Lucas's Moretti's future bride!

She stopped in front of Debra with her dark eyes glittering with anger. Debra stared at her furious face for a fleeting moment before bringing back her gaze to the sketch book in her hand.

" Silvia! I can't see you right now. I am having an important meeting, " Debra told her in a sharp voice.

Silvia rolled her big dark eyes heavenward in a dramatic way. She placed her hands on her waist and titled her chin stubbornly whilst glaring at Debra.

" l don't give a damn about that! Why did you put me on that stupid advertisement for some small stupid boutique store," she fired back.

I almost gasped with disbelief. She was referring to my workplace in that sordid manner. I immediately disliked her. At one glance l could tell she was spoiled , rude and pompous.

"Spoiled brat!"

I heard Felicia mutter besides me in a low voice. My lips trembled on the brink of a smile. It's like she had voiced out my thoughts. I had to agree with her . This young pretty lady was indeed acting like some spoiled brat.

The older woman's eyes narrowed in warning.

" Have some respect , young lady. It's not a small boutique. Glamour is a departmental store and it has been expanding over the years," she replied calmly, holding back her anger visible on her face.

" It's all the same to me. I won't do it,"Silvia argued.

" You will, young lady. It's an order from your father. It will be your last project as a model before you retire into a lonely housewife," Debra answered sarcastically.

I could tell there was bad blood between the two. Silvia's expression crumbled at Debra's words .

" But Aunt!"

"Enough Silvia! I am not having any of your tantrums," Debra said as she got up from her seat.

" Talk to him! You know l barely have time to prepare for my wedding," she cried out .

Debra took Silvia's hand and dragged her to the door.

" The planners are doing an excellent job with that. See you later."

Debra closed the door in her face before turning to us with an apologetic smile.

" Sorry about that scene. So where were we?"

A/N: Don't forget to vote , follow and comment. Stay tuned coz things are about to get spicy.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

66.2K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
Teenage Love Od Ayaruwrites

Všeobecná beletria

26.2K 1.9K 16
Him : it's was just a revenge and i don't have ever loved you one more thing forget everything . Her : What was my mistake, why did you do this to m...
389K 12.1K 50
Mattia My Angel flew away. I broke her so she risked death to escape The years are long without her and my little sweet pea One phone call changes...
3.8K 137 34
A story filled with love, beauty, and pain. Read to find out...