Hometown| Mike Wheeler

By tvdxst

Elizabeth Tate isn't that well known in Hawkins Middle School, but it is known that it wasn't likely she talk... More

SEASON ONE CAST
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
SEASON TWO CAST
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
SEASON THREE CAST
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

187 5 1
By tvdxst

"Me, too." Hopper sighs.

"I-"

"Me, too, Joyce, okay? But how do we do that? We don't exactly know what we're dealing with here." Hop cuts her off.

"No. But he does," Mike states, walking towards the boy that was laying on the couch, "If anyone knows how to destroy this thing, it's Will. He's connected to it. He'll know it's weaknesses."

"I thought we couldn't trust him anymore. That he's a spy for the mind flayer now." Max reasons.

"Yeah, but he cant spy if he doesn't know where he is." Mike retorts.

|

We come up with a plan. We were going to empty out the shed and cover it so he has absolutely no clue what the place was. They were going to try to contact Will, but we didn't know how yet.

Dustin, Lucas, and I were going through the trash to see if we could find anything useful.

Lucas tips the bin upside down, the trash spilling onto the ground in front of me.

The three of us crouch down, going through the contents.

"Hey," Dustin says, gaining our attention, "I'm-I'm sorry about Dart and all. I guess I just thought that he was my friend. I was wrong," I frown, continuing to rummage through the trash, "I broke the rule of law, so if you want Lucas' girlfriend to take over my spot in the party, I understand."

"She's not my girlfriend." Lucas denies, letting out a chuckle.

"I saw you two holding hands in the bus, Lucas." Dustin sighs.

"She was just scared," Lucas reasons, "You and Lizzie were holding onto each other, too."

He looks down, "But I could feel it between you guys."

"Feel what?" Lucas and I exchange looks.

"The electricity." Dustin states, walking away after grabbing the things he had picked out.

"Electricity?" I ask, picking up a cereal box.

He only sighs, shaking his head.

|

After what felt like hours of covering the shed top to bottom in whatever we could find, Will was tied to a pole in the shed, Mike, Joyce, Jonathan, and Hopper in there with him while the rest of us had to stay in the house.

Steve was swinging his bat around in the living room, while I hung upside down on the couch, watching him, "Steve, you're doing it wrong."

"Quiet." He scolds, continuing to heave the bat around aimlessly.

"I need advice." I state, trying to get back up, but I end up falling to the ground.

Steve chuckles, watching as I struggle to get up, before starting to swing the bat again, "Go on."

"I like Mike," I start. He nods, "You don't seem fazed."

"God, all are you kids this oblivious," Steve shakes his head, and I look at him in confusion, "Never mind, keep going."

"Well, I want to tell him about my feelings, but I don't know how, or even when." I sigh.

The bat makes a swish sound as he jerks it around, "When the time is right, you'll know."

"And how do I know?"

"You'll start to feel this, like, electricity-"

"You've gotta be shitting me," I scoff, a grin appearing on my face, "You are the one who gave Dustin dating advice?"

"Wh-no. No? Why would I do that. It's not like he likes anyone he wouldn't need that at all." Steve rambles.

"I am not taking your advice anymore." I shake my head, and that's when the lights start to flicker, and I instantly remember what was going on.

I stand up, following Steve out to the kitchen where everyone was crowded at the window, watching the shed.

|

Hopper and Joyce burst in the door, grabbing a notepad and a pen.

"What happened?" Dustin asks as Hop sits down at the kitchen table.

We crowd around him and Joyce, watching as he writes down a bunch of dots, "I think he's talking, just not with words."

"Wait, what is that?" Steve asks.

"Morse code." We all chorus.

"H-E-R-E." Hopper spells out.

"Here."

"Will's still in there. He's talking to us." Hopper claims.

|

After finding out and writing down each letter Will was saying, we read it out, "Close gate."

Immediately after, the phone rings, and Dustin races over, hanging it up.

We sigh in relief, but then it rings again, causing Nancy to grab it and rip it off the wall, throwing it across the room.

"Do you think he heard that?" Max questions.

"It's just a phone. It could be anywhere. Right?" Steve asks.

"I hope so." I breathe out, wrapping my arms around myself.

A quiet screech picks up everyone's ears, making my stomach churn.

He knows where we are.

"That's not good." Dustin utters.

Everyone comes back inside, and instantly Lucas, Max, Mike, and I run to the windows, peering out.

"Hey. Hey, get away from the windows!" Hopper yells, and we obey, going to where everybody else was which was near the door.

"Can you use this?" Hopper asks Jonathan, holding up a gun.

"What?"

"Can you use this?" He repeats, shaking the gun in his hand.

"I can." Nancy steps in, and Hopper tosses it to her.

Almost everyone was equipped with a weapon, even Mike who held a candlestick.

I had a flashlight, holding onto it tight as I stand close to Mike.

A screech comes from outside, and Max yells out in fear, "Where are they?"

There's a thud, followed by a growl, outside the window, and we all let out gasps as we turn to the noise.

"What are they doing?" Nancy asks, her gun aimed right at the moving bushes outside the glass.

An even louder growl comes from outside the door, and I raise the flashlight up higher, not even realizing Mike and I were basically pushed against each other.

The demo-dogs whimper, screeching in what seemed to be agony, before they went silent.

What broke the silence was when one of the creatures crash through the window, glass flying everywhere.

All of us scream, stumbling away from the life-less monster.

Hopper steps closer, as Dustin let's out a curse, "Holy shit."

"Is it dead?" Max questions.

The closer we get, the faster my heart beats, scared that it would jump up and attack us all. But, nothing did happen. Hop nudged the beast with foot, but it was completely still.

A creak comes from behind us, and we all turn to the noise that came from the front door.

I raise the flashlight, breathing heavily now. Mike pushes me behind him a bit, but I only step up again, watching as the lock turns from the inside. The next lock slides out of its place, and I instantly thought it was over, the pit in my stomach growing.

The door slowly opens, two pairs of feet walking through the door.

A chill rushes over me as I see the two girls that were holding hands look back at all of us, a drop of blood coming out of their noses.

My eyes cloud with tears, and I could feel Mike staring down at me, but I don't look back, my eyes stuck on Ten, who was dressed in all dark clothes.

I wrap her in my arms, letting the tears fall in what felt like a perfect moment, but it was far from over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648K 14.9K 21
BOOK 1 in the 'NINETEEN' series. " "hello?" nineteen flinches and turns around quickly. will's standing there, a baby blue shirt on. he does...
98 8 8
In the small town of Hawkins, Indiana, the world as they know it changed, people vanished, and people died in the most questionable ways. A group of...
184 5 14
Toni Henderson is at her breaking point... When Will Byers goes missing, his honorary sister takes it harder than anybody. With her mental health alr...
41K 1.2K 40
*SLOW UPDATES* "Don't you know? Boys and girls can be friends. That's all Steve and I are. Friends." 〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ Y/N Henderson. Need I say mor...