The Other Side // Z.M.

By AllCanChange

"How are you feeling today, Alexis ?" "Better." More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 3

37 1 0
By AllCanChange

Louis dropped me at me house a bit before six in the morning, right when the sun was coming out, with soaked hair and a smile playing on my lips. I was still a bit drunk, but not so much. Still high, but not so much neither. 

"Have a good night, Alex" Louis kissed gently my cheek and I climbed out of his car. I made my way up to the door and it wasn't until I was inside of the house that I heard the engines of Louis' truck. He was always doing that, always waiting for me to be safe before leaving me. That's one of the so many reasons why I love him so much. 

I quietly closed the door behind me, really hoping that my mom would still be in bed. For once in my damn life, I was lucky. She wasn't in the kitchen when I came in to grab a bag of chips. Well, I wanted to do that, but there was none. I hadn't been living in there for a while and that was a clear sign. Anyway. I just headed upstairs then and found my room the same way I had left it last night. I fell on my bed, not even bothering to change my wet clothes - still wet because I had spent almost all night in the pool, only leaving it once or twice to get a refill. 

I heard my mom's bedroom door opens while drifting away, to sleep.

...

"Alexis ! Get out of your room ! We're leaving in ten minutes !"

That's how my mom woke me up. Well, she probably thought that I was already up, just staying in my room being a typical teenager. I whipped my eyes and quickly got up. I spent the first five minutes running all over my room, trying to find the sport bag I was using to put anything inside. Plain black, it was at the bottom of my wardrobe. After that, I was in such a rush that I didn't even look at what I was putting in it. Shorts, t-shirts and I hoped that I had some underwear as I was zipping the bag. 

"Alexis !" My mom screamed again. "We need to leave now !" Yeah mom, I fucking know. You just had to not wake me up only ten minutes before leaving. I had never been the type of girl to spend an hour to get ready, but still. If I had my bag to do, it was taking me more than ten minutes. 

I put the bag over my shoulder and walked up to the stairs. I dropped it and heard it falling until it reached the first level. "Go put that in the car while I finish to get ready !" I shouted while rushing back to my room. I slide my pants down my tights and put shorts instead. At the same time, I was putting my t-shirt away, replacing it with and tank top. I was running everywhere, trying not to forget a damn thing. But, being me, I was sure that I had forget something. But I knew my mom was getting tired of waiting for me, so I just rushed outside of the house and jumped on the passenger seat. 

"Finally ready ?" My mom asked me, turning her head to face me. 

"Sorry, 'was sleeping." I mumbled as I saw my mom doing that disgust look. I know I wasn't the best looking girl even when I was trying to. Let alone when I was just out of the bed. 

"Passed noon ?" She seemed surprised by that. I didn't add anything, I just wanted her to shut the fuck up and to turn the damn engines on. Which she did. And, when we left the driveway, I put my earphones on, ready for the two hours drive ahead of us. 

...

As soon as the car stopped, I opened the door and jumped out of it. Our lot was the same as I remembered it. All clean, no ashes in the fire pit, right on the side of the lake, a canoe in the water, our caravan right in place. And my shed still there. I grabbed my bag from the backseat and headed toward it. That shed was my place. My dad made it when I was younger and he said that it was my room when we were going here. In fact, I think he only wanted to fuck my mom without me hearing. And I don't mind. That shed is fucking awesome. 

The door opened without hesitation, like it always had. I turned the lights on, just to see that this was a place my mom hadn't touch. The bunk bed was there, even though the lower one wasn't used as a bed. I dropped my bag there and opened the curtains to have some fresh light. After spending months inside of that damn nut house, I needed the sun more than ever. 

My phone started to buzz in my back pocket and I quickly grabbed it. I had five unread messages, meaning that I just had the network back. 

"Where the fuck are you ?"

"Alexis, I'm dying without your presence !"

"I'm so sad, why aren't you home, dear princess of my dream ? ;o"

"Holy fuck, I'm grounded because I just cut the hair of off Daisy's barbie. Texting you later xxx"

Well, those four were from Louis.

"When you're here, come to the Snack we're all here waiting for our girl ;)"

That one, it was from Jenna. Probably the only girl I could consider as a friend. And I was never talking to her during school year. Anyway, I was better to get going. I got out of the shed and locked it. My mom was staring at the water when I rushed passed her, jumping in the canoe.

"I'm going to see my friends, coming back later !"

With that, I started to paddle, going away quickly. I didn't even let my mom say something about it. Anyway, she was used to that. I was never at our lot when we were here. Hanging out with my people was way more important than spending some bounding time with my mom. 

It didn't took me long before I got to the Shack. I berthed, lacing the ropes as I always did. It was nice to do that, to do the same move as last summer, and as the one before. And the one before that. Anyway, you get the thing, right ? After doing that, I stood up and walked up to the small terrace in front of the Shack. 

Let me explain you something. The Shack is quite THE place for young people. There was food not so far away - mostly junk food, which was even better - the music was always playing loud, there wasn't any adult in sight and it was an awesome spot to see the hot guys swimming or tanning on the main beach of the camping. 

I let myself fall on a table where there was already four people sitting at. I knew three of them and they all smiled when they saw me there. Andy had his arms around Jenna's shoulder, his fingers playing with her short pink hair - last year, they were blue. Those two had been hanging out for so long that I can't even remember them not being together. They weren't anything like those cute couples that make you want to puke. Nah. They were more like "I'm gonna hit you so hard it'll hurt" kind of couple. Always fighting, but always finding their way back together. But I will never get how Andy can stand her. Jenna can be such a bitch, sometimes. And Andy have his bad sides too. Way too much to point them all out. 

In front of them - and right beside me - were sitting Marcus and this new guy. Marcus smiled and kissed my cheek, but I quickly pushed him away. Which only made him laugh. Marcus is like that with every girl. He's far from ugly and he plays it. I made out with him once or twice, but it was nothing more than that. Making out. 

"My favorite !" he chanted and I rolled my eyes. "How's life doing ?"

"Life's doing great." I answered, without any details. I know they don't want them, and I don't want to tell them. They don't have to know where I had been for the last few months. I don't want anyone to know, either. No need to tell the world how fucked up I am.

"No one thought about introducing me ? I'm hurt, really." said the new member of our gang. He only collected laughs, which made him throw his arms up to the sky. "Well, seems like I'll have to do it myself. Hi Alexis, I'm Bingo. Well, in fact, it's not my real name, but since I'm still a kid in my heart, I love to play bingo and... Yeah, well, there's nothing more to say, that's just it." 

"Awesome. Bingo. You're playing with the old people on Friday night ?" I asked him, trying not to laugh at his depends. He had child features. Which was the reason why he was cute and not hot, like Marcus or Andy. 

"Always. You should come with me tonight."

"No, don't do that !" shouted Andy and Jenna at the same time. Yeah, they were something, the two of them. 

"Why not ? It could be fun. You guys want to come ?" I asked them all. 

" I won, I fucking won !" sang Bingo and everyone else looked up to the sky.

"What had just happen ?" I didn't have a damn clue about what's going on in here. Like... No, nothing at all. 

"We all bet to know if I would make you come to the bingo with me. Those three are always making excuses not to come, you're busted guys !"

"Oh my god, stop screaming" Marcus said, holding his head in his hand. He always had been easy on headache since I knew him. Probably because he was smoking a bit too much. At least, that's what I'm thinking. "I'm going to grab something to eat, anyone wants something ?" he asked while getting up. 

Words started to float in the air, everyone shouting what they wanted. Only I stayed silent. Marcus turned to me just before leaving us. "Usual french fries in with your mustard dressing ?"

I only smiled, how I loved him for knowing me so well.

-----

Hey guyyys ! How are you doing ? Great, I hope so ! 

So, here's the chapter 3 of the story ! Zayn's coming up soon, don't worry ;)

*Sorry I have not post last week, I have been quite busy lately.. :/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 251 26
Just a collection of one direction imagines Requests closed officially
5.3M 56.5K 200
It's all in the title ^^ :)
7.4K 741 41
"how strange it is that I dream of you even while I'm wide awake"
83.5K 1.4K 19
"Harry, I'm scared." I mumbled. Letting my guard down. "Should be."