ALWAYS You: Swan's Shadow [YO...

By sugafix

[Sequel to WITHOUT You] Seoul is burning. Darkness finds its home. The city drowns in the depths of hell. A... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
What you guys want... you guys get!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - [Chung Ha and Jackson's Story]
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 [Hoseok's Story]
Chapter 28 [Namjoon's Story]
Chapter 29 [Seokjin's Story]
Chapter 30 [Jimin's Story]
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 [Jungkook's Story]
Chapter 36 [Finale]
Author's Note

Chapter 10

995 53 25
By sugafix

'Special' wasn't even a close enough word to describe Taehee. She was given a secret mission by Yoongi and Soo-ji and for the sake of the gang's future, she pledged to carry out her duty without fail and only return when she completed her task.

On secret orders, Taehee was ordered by the both of them to go into the city to get a morning after pill.

The others mustn't know and Taehee was more than happy to keep their secret safe with her.

Her first reaction was pure elated bliss. At long last, she felt happy to be trusted enough with a secret mission that only she could carry out, but then when it dawned on her that Yoongi and Soo-ji had intercourse, the flurry of questions spewed out of her mouth and she had been interrogating Soo-ji ever since.

Taehee only made it back to them an hour ago. With the pill in her hand, she managed to corner Soo-ji in the church, blackmailing her she wouldn't give the pill unless Soo-ji spilled every single detail.

Soo-ji sighed, having no choice but to cave in.

"You're missing out the important details!" Taehee tutted, growing angrier by the minute much to Yoongi's amusement. Yoongi sat at the opposite end of the church, playing with his baby nephew Hobi. At the corner of his eyes, he could see Taehee bombarding Soo-ji with endless questions only for Soo-ji to dodge every detail, giving the vaguest ambiguous answer, basically answering but not answering at the same time.

"FIXED IT!" Seokjin yelped, waving a screwdriver in the air. In-ah, giddy like a fangirl, jumped up and down beside him. She clung onto Seokjin's bicep, gushing at how they worked brilliantly as a team. Jungkook scoffed at them, shaking his head at their cringiness. In-ah called it 'working as a team', he called it 'In-ah passing the screwdriver to Seokjin, Seokjin flexing his muscles to show off'.

"Hyung," Jimin interrupted them, "what do you intend to do with that old banger? That set is so old I don't think it even plays colour TV!"

"Let's put it to the test, shall we?!" Seokjin exclaimed with much excitement, "then we ca-"

Knock knock.

What.

Everyone thought they heard wrong.

A tap on the front door echoed off the church walls. Everyone's heads turned towards the double set wood, straining to hear whether they were mistaken.

Could it be the wind? Was it an animal trespassing?

But it was neither. When the first knock came round, the immediate chatter and laughter died down into sheer silence. And now they could definitely, with certainty and utmost confidence, hear two knocks on the front door again.

Knock knock.

Yoongi jumped to his feet, instantly looking over to Soo-ji and meeting her wide alerted eyes. He clutched onto Hobi tightly, burying his small head into his chest as a natural instinct to protect him from whatever was lurking on the other side of the door.

In the next second, without speaking a single word to each other, everyone already knew what they had to do.

Miyoung and In-ah went straight to the laptops, stuffing the electronic devices into backpacks. Taehyung and Jungkook pressed their backs firmly against the wall beside the doors, a pistol in their hands ready to pull the trigger. Taehee and Seokjin went to the toolbox to grab whatever makeshift weapon they can find. Jimin and Namjoon grabbed a shotgun each, perching themselves behind the church benches as cover and aiming the barrel towards the door.

With Hobi safely nestled in his arms, Yoongi dived behind the altar. Hobi looked up to his meow meow uncle innocently, but Yoongi only gave him a comforting smile, indicating to Hobi that he must stay silent by making a zipping motion across his lips. In anticipation of what would happen next, Yoongi had even covered both of Hobi's ears in fear that booming gunshots would be blasting off.

As for Soo-ji, the blade of Yoongi's switch knife was extended, ready to be thrown into the intruder's head as soon as they stepped foot into the door. She nodded to Taehyung and Jungkook, signalling them to open the door.

With one look at each other, Taehyung and Jungkook reached forward to grab a door handle each, gripped onto the cold metal with their clammy hands and snapped it open.

Everyone braced themselves. They didn't know what to expect - a bomb to go off? An army infiltrating them with no chance to escape? Were they outnumbered?

But whoever the first person was, man or woman, Soo-ji decided that person wasn't going to step into their safe place called home that easily.

With adrenaline coursing her veins, Soo-ji launched the switchblade forward, hurling the deadly weapon out of her hands into the air. The tip of the blade rushed forward, straight towards the forehead of the person on the other side of the door.

"WOAH!" A male voice hollered, twisting his head out of the way just in time. He lost his footing slightly, fell face first onto the floor and the unknown male was met by a myriad of guns aiming towards his head. Taehyung and Jungkook jumped onto him, restraining him on the spot.

"Ow ow ow ow ow!" The male yelped, crying in pain. "You're squishing my balls!"

Soo-ji popped her head up, eyes widening at the familiar voice.

"Yeonjun?!" She exclaimed and everyone turned her way, a confused look on their faces that she knew this intruder.

She marched forward, prompting Taehyung and Jungkook to let the poor boy go.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

"To find you and Yoongi hyung obviously!" Yeonjun replied, wincing in pain. He looked around, meeting the eyes of the confused gang members and gasped.

"Wow... the whole famous Hope Gang is here!" Yeonjun's voice shook, unable to keep his excitement down at meeting his favourite idols.

He felt like this was like a fan meeting.

His eyes trailed from the left to right, taking a close look at each member before lingering his eyes on In-ah, the last member to his right.

"Oh! Pretty noona!" He grinned, bowing slightly to In-ah who gave him a disgusted look.

"YAH!" Seokjin shouted at him but his exclamation was unneeded. Jungkook, who stood behind Yeonjun the whole time, clocked the trigger of his gun back. Yeonjun turned around, met Jungkook who remained silent but looked ready to blow his head off at any second. He gave Jungkook a nervous laugh, seeing the time limit on his life shortening by the serious murderous expression on Jungkook's face. The lack of response from Jungkook frightened the young boy to his wits end, but thankfully his prayers were answered from Soo-ji who diverted the attention away.

"How did you find us here?! No, actually,  why are you here?!"

Breathing a sigh of relief, Yeonjun answered, "wellllll I noticed Park Taehee in the city earlier so I followed her here. As for why I'm here, my boss Jackson Wang sent me, duh."

"Why...?" Yoongi came forward next, cradling Hobi in his arms.

"Yoongi hyung!" Yeonjun beamed as bright as sunshine.

"Not your hyung." Yoongi groaned, but was ignored by Yeonjun who was too happy to see him.

Yeonjun cleared his throat, "I'm here to pass a message from my boss to you!"

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows. Tilting his head, he could only ask, "what message?"

"My boss wants to have a 1 to 1 fight with you! You're the champion of the Death Ring now and win or lose, Mr Wang will offer you anything in return as a complimentary gift if you have a friendly match with him!"

"The Death what?" Namjoon scratched his head.

"What champion?" Miyoung questioned too.

"No, thanks. We're never going back." Yoongi brushed him off, ignoring Yeonjun's pout.

"Mr Wang doesn't like no for an answer..." Yeonjun's voice trailed off, hoping his puppy-like frown would change his mind. Yoongi raised an eyebrow at him, giving him an icy expressionless face in response.

"Who is this geezer anyway?" Seokjin snorted, looking at the boy up and down.

"We met him in the city." Yoongi answered, still keeping his eyes on Yeonjun.

"My name is Choi Yeonjun, nice to meet you all!"

"Not that nice for us to meet you, though." Taehyung joined in, "who exactly are you?"

Yeonjun sighed, "Yoongi hyung just said, didn't he? I met Soo-ji noona and Yoongi hyung in the city. We're besties."

Yoongi slapped a palm to his forehead and finally turned away.

In answer to everyone's raised eyebrows and confused expressions, Yoongi could only shake his head at them and shrug his shoulders.

"Oh." Yeonjun's little hurt voice croaked out into a squeak, "yeah. Just friends, I get it -"

"Not even acquaintances." Yoongi deadpanned.

"- I'll get going then."

"Choi Yeonjun." Soo-ji's voice stopped him in his tracks just as he turned towards the door. "An errand boy for Jackson Wang, the most powerful gang leader in China... According to secret intelligence, Jackson Wang and Kim Chung Ha were a thing in the US before she returned back to Korea. Apparently they met in an international sports tournament, Jackson Wang for China in championship boxing while Kim Chung Ha for Korea in sword fighting. The reason why Kim could only take up the position of KSI's new leader after Lalisa Manoban is because she successfully got Wang arrested and imprisoned for the last two years whilst working as an undercover agent. Now Wang is back. For revenge against Kim for getting him locked up... and I guess for playing with his feelings."

Soo-ji took a deep breath. Her penetrating eyes bore deep into Yeonjun's as she untangled each and every secret within.

"Oh! Noona! How do you know about all of  this? If you wanted to find out more about me, you could've just asked!"

Soo-ji rolled her eyes. "Did you really think I wouldn't look you up?"

"After getting out of prison..." Yoongi joined in, "Wang came to Korea and started an underground fight club in the poor side of the city. Your job is to find people for Wang's entertainment, but..."

Yoongi paused, stepped forward in front of Yeonjun who could only cower under his intense stare.

"When I went to the city after Soo-ji, I saw you with the KSI." Yoongi finished. "And now you know our location..."

Yeonjun gulped.

"I don't care where your loyalty lies, if you're with Wang or the KSI, but if there is a one percent chance of you spying on us, I can't let you step out of this church alive."

Cold sweat broke out across Yeonjun's forehead as he looked around for help. He took a step back, only to bump into Jungkook's broad chest who only shoved him forward again.

Soo-ji stepped up besides Yoongi. "Are you certain he was with the KSI?" She whispered and Yoongi only gave a single firm nod as confirmation.

A nervous laugh shook from Yeonjun's chest as he tried to make light of the situation. "H-hold on, hold on! You guys think I'm with the KSI?"

Everyone raised their eyebrows.

"You guys are funny. SO FUNNY. If it wasn't me bribing the KSI, do you think you and Soo-ji noona can get in and out of the border alive? That easily? Multiple times?!"

The creases on Yoongi's forehead deepened. A quick flashback crept into his mind when he vaguely remembered Yeonjun stashing a large bundle of cash into the KSI men's hands at the border.

"Look," Yeonjun took a deep breath, all signs of laughter gone. He swallowed hard, kept his gaze on every single member of the Hope Gang to give them the information that he knew they desired  most.

"To prove to you guys I'm not with the KSI, I'll tell you some of their intel. You guys want to find Park Chanyeol, right? Hack into the electronic billboards on the rich side of the city. You'll find him there." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90 5 15
When you left your hometown, you left behind everything you knew and you never looked back. Now, years later, you're living life on your own terms. B...
12K 1K 40
❪BTS - 방탄 소년단❫ ❝His dreams come true, so do his 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴.❞ •••• BTS FF A Horror + Mystery + Suspense (au) Highest Ranking: (yet to come)...
12K 318 18
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙛𝙞𝙖 𝙜𝙖𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙪𝙥𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 �...
620K 18K 63
We've been friends since we were 17. That's how our friendship starts. He's a married man now. "Where are you?" - he asked on the phone. "Home. Why...