The Boy With The Straw Hat (L...

By kumiakari

You live in Foosha Village, or Luffy's hometown. Growing up, you constantly heard about the daring boy who wa... More

Prologue/Introduction
Chapter 1: 10 Years later! At the Baratie Sea Restaurant!
Chapter 2: Ero Cook! Meet Sanji!
Chapter 3: The Strongest Pirate Fleet! Commodore Don Krieg!
Chapter 4: The New Straw Hat Pirates Member!
Chapter 5: Water Bearer Y/n! "Water Lady!"
Chapter 6: I Won't Die! Fierce Battle, Luffy and Y/n vs. Krieg!
Chapter 7: Set Sail! The Seafaring Cook and Water Bearer Set off With Luffy!
Chapter 8: Witch of Cocoyashi Village! Arlong's Female Leader!
Chapter 9: Usopp Dead?! When is Luffy Going to Make Landfall?!
Chapter 10: Luffy in Big Trouble! Fishmen vs The Luffy Pirates!
Chapter 11: Bounty! Straw Hat Luffy Becomes Known To The World!
Chapter 12: The Three Sword Style's Past!
Christmas Special
Chapter 13: The Legend Has Started! Head For The Grand Line!
Chapter 14: Precursor to a New Adventure! Apis, a Mysterious Girl!
Chapter 15: Miraculous Creature! Apis' Secret and the Legendary Island!
Chapter 16: Eric Attacks! Great Escape from Warship Island!
Ask The Straw Hats!!
Chapter 17: A Solitary Island in the Distant Sea! The Legendary Lost Island!
Chapter 18: Luffy, Completely Surrounded! Commodore Nelson's Secret Strategy!
Chapter 19: An Angry Showdown! Cross The Red Line!
Chapter 20: A Promise Between Men! Luffy and The Whale Vow To Meet Again!
Chapter 21: A Town That Welcomes Pirates? Setting Foot On Whiskey Peak!
Chapter 22: Three Sword and Twin Sword Style! Zoro and Y/n vs Baroque Works!
Chapter 23: All Out Battle! Luffy vs. Y/n!
Ask The Straw Hats!! Part 2
Chapter 24: Deliver Princess Vivi! The Luffy Pirates Set Sail!
The Good News and the Bad News
Chapter 25: An Ancient Island! The Shadow Hiding In Little Garden!!
Chapter 26: Huge Duel! The Giants Dorry and Broggy!
Chapter 27: Mist, A What?! A Dirty Trick Violates The Sacred Duel!
Chapter 28: The Human Mist!Devilish Candle! Tears of Regret and Tears of Anger!
Chapter 29: A Hex On Luffy and Y/n! Colors Trap!
Chapter 30: Time to Fight Back! Usopp's Quick Thinking and Fire Star!
Chapter 31: Farewell Little Garden! Nami's Sick?!
Chapter 32: The Tin Tyrant Wapol! Water Bearer and the Cold!
Chapter 33: Avalanche! The Journey Up The Mountain!
Chapter 34: Climb The Drum Rockies!!
Chapter 35: Blue-Nosed Reindeer! Chopper's Secret!
Chapter 36: Fight Wapol's Crew! The Power of the Munch Munch Fruit!
Chapter 38: Hiriluk's Cherry Blossoms! Miracle in Drum Rockies!
Chapter 39: Goodbye Drum Island! Alabasta's Hero!
380+ Hearts Special: Straw Hats Meet Bnha! (Ask the Straw Hats Pt. 3)
Chapter 40: Off To The Desert Kingdom! Port Town Nanohana!
Chapter 41: The Heroes Reunion! His Name is Fire Fist Ace!
Chapter 42: Ace and Luffy: Brotherly Bonds!!
Chapter 43: A Date With Mist?! The Mysterious Feeling Returns!
Chapter 44: Confessions! Luffy and Y/n's First Fight...?
Chapter 45: Erumalu, the City of Green and the Kung Fu Dugongs!

Chapter 37: The End of the Drum Kingdom!

1.6K 74 35
By kumiakari

Recap:

Your eyes widen, "Wait a second! What if he went into the castle with Nami?!" Luffy wastes no time, grabbing your wrist, and dragging you along, making you yelp. 

"Let's go Y/n! We'll send that guy flying!"

As you and Luffy dash ahead, Sanji himself becomes even more fired up at the mention of Nami being in danger. "That bastard! If he lays a hand on Nami-swan, I'll gut him!" Sanji manages to speed away from under Kureha, shocking the doctor.

"Wait a minute!" she yells, but it's no use. She sighs, "Jeez does that guy want to die?"

Luffy lets out a loud battle cry, running even faster and making you wheeze as you can barely keep up. "Where are you, annoying mouth?!" Luffy yells. 

"What have they done....to my castle?!"  Inside the castle, Wapol's metal jaw nearly dropped at the sight of his snowy palace. On the floor above, Nami walks out of her room, her light lavender blanket around her shoulders.

'Y/n and I can't stay here for three days...! We should leave while Doctorine isn't here!'

As Nami steps closer to the railing, Wapol notices her and grins wickedly. "Another one of the Straw Hat pirates hm?" Nami's eyes widen. 'He's definitely a bad guy!'

"No no you've got it wrong," she says, waving her hand back and forth. "I'm not a pirate. Just an innocent navigator who's passing by."

"Oh?" says the surprised male. "You mean I'm wrong?"

"Yes, I'm just a navigator." she repeats, and Wapol appears to buy it.

"I see." he waves goodbye to the female. "See ya."

Nami continues walking away, until Wapol climbs up the pole speedily. "Eh?!" she exclaims seeing the large metal man as he comes charging towards her.

"Liar!!!" he yells, making Nami scream in fear as she breaks into a sprint.

"Don't come this way! GO AWAY!!" she screeches, running down the narrow stairs. Wapol goes to do the same, but gets stuck in the small opening. 

"Did I gain some weight?!" Wapol says as he struggles. "Then.....Munch Munch Factory!" Wapol's mouth goes back and he starts to eat himself, head first, and the rest of his body until all that remains is his tin mouth at the top of the steps. It continues to hop down the steps, making Nami back up as it was just the two of them in the large castle space.

"He turned himself into a bucket?" Munching sounds could be heard, until there is a small puff of steam, and Wapol's body appears, except this time he is much leaner and taller, his clothes the same. 

"Slim Wapol!" he grins, making Nami back up in fear. "I won't let you escape."

Nami tries to run away again, but Wapol is much faster, and jumps in the air, grabbing her by the shoulders, and slamming her onto the ground. "I'll eat you first!" he chuckles darkly, but before he can begin in eating the tangerine haired female, Luffy enters, kicking the male and sending him flying across the palace.

"Found you!" he shouts, retracting his foot back before noticing his strange body appearance. "Was he always that skinny?" he questions, looking back at you. You, were panting and wheezing, breaking into a cold sweat.

"Luffy..." you wheeze in between words. "Don't....Ever....make me....run in the cold....again..." you nearly fall back onto the ground, but Luffy just narrowly grabs your wrist. 

"That's it you bastards!" Wapol roars, standing up. 

"Whoa....He really is skinny...." you say in surprise. Wapol is standing in front of double doors, as he points a finger to them.

"Look! Back here is weapons of all shapes and sizes! And only have the key!" he says confidently, though it had just as much power as Usopp's. "When I eat them and make them part of my body, you'll witness a terrifying human weapon! Now, I will open the door! The key to the horrifying door is- GONNNE?!"

Wapol looks down, seeing the key ring on his outfit is now empty, as his key is missing. He goes silent, the four of you staring at one another.

"This isn't over yet." Wapol breaks into a sprint, running past the room, and Luffy wastes no time to grab your wrist.

"He's running away! Get back here!" Luffy yells, sprinting after him and you feel a small part of your soul die seeing it was a long path of spiraling stairs up the floor.

"Luuuufffyyyy!!" you whine, barely able to keep up with the male as you stumble over all of the steps practically. Nami, who was still on the floor below, stares at the silver key in her hand. 

"Oh. So that's what it's for." she says with a frown. "Would've been nice if it were the key to a treasure room."

Luffy continues the chase with Wapol, and dragging you like a rag doll behind him, until finally you're at the very top of the castle. Wapol opens up a trap door, now at the final floor. "Damn, even the upper levels are filled with snow!" he curses, walking faster.

He opens two wooden double doors, storming in until he's in front of a strange machine, covered with a light purple cover. "I'll use the ultimate weapon of the Drum Kingdom...." once he pulls it off, there is a large, shiny canon with seven different firing holes. There is a magenta colored king's crown resting on the back as well.

"The Tin Titan Royal Crown Seven Barrel Canon!" he cackles, as he could hear Luffy and your footsteps, trudging through the snow.

You slam the door open, panting heavily as you lean against the door. "We...We've got you bastard!" you shout out of breath. "P-Prepare yourse...aahh..."

"Oi Y/n! Don't try to be cool if you're gonna be wimpy about it!" Luffy pouts, taking over. "Prepare yourself, annoying mouth!" he shouts until he notices the shiny weapon. 

"Ha! Prepare yourself, Straw Hat, Water Bearer!" he pulls down the lever, waiting for the canon to be fired, but instead, the machine makes a powering down sound. He growls, pulling the lever up and down over and over again, only to see there is a bird nest resting in the weapon.

He makes a strange smiling face, his pupils dilated to mask his internal panic that was screaming. In this wasted time, you manage the strength to stand, finally able to catch your breath. It's then you notice the small light pink birds and can only admire how adorable they were.

Luffy snickers, before pointing at Wapol and laughing loudly. "Shut up! How dare you mock me!" the male retorts, "I'm the king! The ruler of the Drum Kingdom!" he goes to eat the small baby bird, but you stop the male, pointing your water blade to his face.

Luffy follows your lead, grabbing the tin man's face, and Wapol begins to shake in fear as he tries to pry the male's hand off. "It doesn't matter if you're a king or god...There are greater things than power!" he smirks. "After all, I'm a pirate!" 

"I-It does matter...Straw Hat!" Wapol struggles the words out, as he falls to his knees, Luffy not loosening his grip. "The Drum Kingdom is part of the World Government. This is a world class offense!"

"Didn't you hear Luffy?" you speak up, finding him to be quite the bad listener. "That doesn't matter!"

"Damn you both!" Wapol widens his mouth, "I'll eat you both up!" he shouts, only for Luffy's fingers to stretch, and preventing him from taking a bite out of him, and you, who is standing behind him. "Munch Much Shock! Tongue Canon!" Wapol's tongue shifts into a canon, aimed straight at Luffy.

"Crap! Get away Y/n!" Luffy shouts, before the canon is fired, blowing up the castle wall.

Meanwhile, the small trolley was making it's way up the mountain, with the rest of the Straw Hat crew, Drum Kingdom citizens, and Dalton inside it. Dalton coughs harshly, the crimson blood spilling from his mouth and sending the people into panic.

"Dalton-san!"

"I must end his reign...It's the only way!" he cries weakly. "Who cares about power?! What's so wrong...About wanting your country to have a heart?!" 

At these words, Vivi lets a gasp escape, knowing Dalton's pain. Usopp and Zoro watch in silence, while Mist was at Vivi's side trying to comfort her.

"Listen everyone," Dalton continues. "When we get there and I enter the castle, I want you all to take cover." Everyone's eyes widen seeing the long line of dynamite strapped to Dalton's body.

Back inside the palace, Wapol cackles, as the smoke begins to clear. "You both let your guard down! Serves you right! EH?!" He screeches in fear once he sees that you are still standing there, a clear water wall in front of you. However, Luffy was missing.

"No, you let down your guard!"

Luffy falls from the ceiling, grabbing Wapol's shoulders from behind. "One...Two..." suddenly he begins to spin his body around at a fast speed, almost like he's winding himself up. Once his body is twisted up enough, he rests his feet on Wapol's sides.

"Get ready, Y/n!" Luffy says, and you nod, backing away. "Gum Gum..." Luffy lets go of Wapol's shoulders, resting on the snow below as his body begins to unwind quickly. "Bowgun!" 

Wapol is sent flying upward straight for the ceiling and that is your cue. "Water fist!" Thankfully the snow was melted from the large canon explosion, enough to create a water fist to hit Wapol, and send him flying out the top of the castle, and now stuck in the narrow top.

He has blood on his face, and a fearful expression on his face. His eyes widen when he sees in the pillar across from him, is Doctor Hiriluk's pirate flag, flying proudly in the wind. Chopper and Doctorine, who were below, witness this.

"Doctorine...."

"Yeah....It's finally time....The end of that nightmarish rule..."

"Come on Y/n! It's not over yet!"

"I know I know! But I will climb, myself!" you hiss, following Luffy up the tower to where Wapol is stuck. Seeing the two of you, the male screams in fear, wriggling around desperately to escape. Luffy grins, reaching the top first as he cracks his knuckles.

"You'd better be prepared if you're gonna mess with someone else's flag." he says grinning. Luffy stretches his arms back. "Gum Gum..."

It's then you look down and notice how high the two of you were off the ground. 'Wait...If Luffy breaks the pillar from here....' Your eyes widen in fear and you join in Wapol's desperate attempts to stop him.

"I-I-I'll give you status and a medal!!"

"Wait Luffy! Let me get off first!"

"Look! There's someone at the top of the castle!" One man from the trolley points out as they're getting closer. The Straw Hat crew instantly recognizes the figure as Luffy, but remain silent, knowing his this is going to end.

"I'll make you a vice-king! She can be a vice-queen!"

"NOO LUFFY PLEASE!!"

"AAHHH!"

It's too late as Luffy's arms stretch forward, and hit Wapol. "BAAZOOKAA!" the male goes flying out his own castle trap, the top crumbling below. You jump off, grabbing the lower part despite the fear growing in your chest, and let out a shaky sigh of relief seeing that it was somehow still standing.

Luffy grins, hand on his hat. "We did it Y/n!" he says with a laugh, before you look down and see Zoro and Usopp below. Of course, Usopp was cowering behind Zoro making you sweat drop. 

"Let's go down Y/n!" Luffy stretches his arm around you waist, pulling him to you. He takes his other free arm and stretches back, making you panic even more than before. 

"NO LUFFY! LET'S TAKE THE STAIRS! STAIRS! STAIRS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND MORE PRECI-" Once again, you're too late as Luffy slingshots the two of you forward, heading straight for Usopp and Zoro below, who have a shocked expression on their faces.

"Oh? Usopp? Zoro?" Luffy says in surprise before the two of you come crashing down on the others with a loud bang. When the snowy clouds clear, Luffy, Usopp and Zoro were all buried under the snow, with Usopp now having a bloody forehead. Luffy pops out first, letting out a loud laugh.

Zoro is next to pop out of the snow, seething in irritation. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR YOU IDIOT?!"

"Well, Y/n and I saw your weird clothing, I thought you were one of- eh?" Luffy looks around, seeing you weren't with him. "Y/n? Y/n? AH! Y/N!"

You were away from the group, face first in the snow. Luffy stretches his arm over and pulls you back with the group, seeing you had a frightened expression plastered on your face. "Y/n! Wake up!" he says poking your forehead over and over until you snap out of it, and smack the male.

"YOU IDIOT!" you scream with comical tears. You smack him over and over again, making Mist and Vivi sweat drop from afar, who also joined the group. "I told you to WAIT! WAIT WAIT WAIT! I KNEW THAT WAS ZORO AND USOPP! SO WHY DIDN'T YOU WAIT YOU IDIOT?!"

Once you were finished with your fit, Luffy had several red hand marks plastered on his face and a bloody nose. "Sowwy..." he says muffled. You huff, turning your attention to Zoro and the rest. "So? What're you guys doing up here? I thought for sure Usopp couldn't come up."

"Ha!" he says, suddenly revived. "Well you see Y/n, I'm the kind of man when I see a mountain, I climb it!" he rests his hands on his hips, looking up to the sky confidently.

Mist sweat drops at his behavior but explains further. "We um, used the ropeway to get here. Are you, Nami and Sanji alright?" he asks, "I don't think I need to worry about Luffy..." 

Luffy speaks up, nodding. "Yeah! They're all okay!" Vivi lets out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness..." Zoro raises an eyebrow, hearing Usopp ramble on a made up story, before turning to you and Luffy.

"So, what were you two doing up at the top of the castle?" he asks.

"Kicking Wapol/annoying mouth's ass." the two of you respond in unison. As you say this, Dalton appears, weakly stepping forward.

"So I was right! The man flying earlier was Wapol!" he says, looking to the two of you for confirmation. "You beat him...?"

"Yeah. Why?" Luffy asks, an innocent smile plastered on his face. 

"What about his two subordinates?" Dalton asks.

"Oh, Chopper beat him up!" You respond, "The blue nosed reindeer!"

"Ooh yeah!" Luffy waves to Usopp. "Usopp! We have a new crewmate!!" he declares, shocking Dalton as he hears this. It's then from afar he sees Chopper, hiding incorrectly behind a tree, with his signature blue nose visible.

Dalton lets out a gasp, remembering him from Hiriluk's death. Without hesitation, Dalton gets on his knees, and bows to you and Luffy, and Chopper. "Thank you..." he says with teary eyes. "The Drum Kingdom...Will definitely be reborn..!"

The remaining men from the trolley finally appear, and their eyes fall on Chopper. "W-what the hell is that?!"

"A reindeer?!"

"Leave him alone!" Dalton shouts.

"No...A m-m-mons-"

"MONSTER!!" Usopp screams, finishing their thoughts. You let out a gasp and smack the male on the back of the head.

"Hey! Stop it! Don't you dare call Chopper that!" You and Luffy yell in unison, watching as Chopper runs in away in fear of the villagers and Usopp.

"He's our new friend!" Luffy shouts, before going to chase Chopper in the mini forest of trees. "Wait reindeer!" he shouts, chasing after Chopper once again and making Kureha sigh. 

"Oi! You people!" she shouts, catching the attention of the villagers. "Get that man to the infirmary!" she says, pointing back to the castle, before her gaze locks on you. She punches you in the back of the head, making you cry out before dragging you back inside the castle as well.

Meanwhile, not that far from everyone else, Sanji and Nami were hiding, not wanting to be caught by Kureha. "Nami-swan.." Sanji whispers. "You'd better go back and get treated."

"Shh!" she whispers back. "If I go back, we'll have to wait another two days! I don't want to make Vivi anymore worried than she is!"

"You two....GET BACK TO THE INFIRMARY!" Kureha shatters their hiding wall with a kick, making the two scream in fear. 

To Be Continued........

A/n: I am bowing and begging you all: plz take my poll!! I wanna make a podcast but am hella terrified so plz take it and let me know if I should do it!! Should I Make A Podcast?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 2.1K 23
You are a tired, underpaid over-caffeinated college student with no fear or shame that works part-time at a bar. There, you meet big scary men you ha...
3.3K 79 8
Y/N, after years of not seeing or hearing of her childhood friend, Monkey D. Luffy, stumbles upon him at a restaurant at sea. She soon finds herself...
846 14 20
Accompany the young pirate Luffy, who has become a rubber human, on her adventurous journey to become the new female pirate king. But what is it that...
2.2K 30 5
After the events of Pirate Island, Luffy and then Straw Hat crew find a mysterious jewel which leads them to two historical figures who are seeking o...