Astith's Prophecy

By TNckitty

In the Kingdom of Astith, there was a prophecy: When evil comes to plague the land, five heroes must band tog... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
IMPORTANT
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 12

6 0 0
By TNckitty

~Danielle's POV~

I pack everything that I could. I pack all my clothes in a bags while my shoes and many of the books I could get into wooden boxes. I am more careful with the ones that mean the most to me in the boxes. Once I am satisfied with everything, I go to the kitchen to get myself some water. I see Jake putting his bags down by the door as I walk pass by.

"So, this is it huh?" He said out loud.

Jake looks at me with sadness written all over his face. I couldn't help but feel sad too.

"At least we have each other." I reassured him.

"They would have wanted us to be together, anyways." Jake said sourly. "Come on. Get your things and then we gotta go."

Jake opens the door and walks out. I look around our house one last time, wondering if I'm going to be able to see it again. Everything I ever known will be gone...

I let out a breath and grab all my stuff out the house after a minute of just standing in the living room, seeing if I can just avoid leaving but I know better. Once I am outside and putting my bags and boxes down, I saw Jake talking to Brent. Relief fills me as I see my best friend okay. When Brent looked away from Jake and saw me, he yells my name out and runs towards me like a crazy person. He wraps his arms around me and picks me up. He then starts to spin us around, making me dizzy.

"Put me down, you idiot." I laughed.

"I'm not an idiot." Brent said as he puts me down.

The little happy air disappears quickly and is replaced with a sad one.

"I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too." I said, caressing his arm in comfort. "Did you get in trouble?"

"No, just from my mom." He answered. "Your brother just told me the prince wants y'all to leave. Did you get exiled?"

His tone goes down to a whisper for the last part, even though no one was really outside.

"No, we didn't," I said, "but it's complicated."

"I guess you don't have to marry me after all, huh?"

Brent's face saddens even more. The reality for never going to see me again must finally got to him.

"You don't know that. I still might have to." I said. "I guess we'll see when I ask."

Even though I didn't want to marry him, I feel bad now knowing Brent won't be happy with someone else...and that makes me sad.

"I do love you, Brent. You are my best friend and that will never change."

I give him a hug... a hug that will probably be the last we'll ever have. This makes me hugged him tighter. I don't want to go, but I have no choice.

"Yes, but I love you..." Brent's voice cracked, "I actually love you while you only love me as a friend."

His voice wavers. While still in the hug, he looked at me with sad eyes. His eyes are glassy. He looks like he is about to cry, but his pride won't let him. This breaks my heart.

"It's enough for now." I said.

I kiss his cheek. Brent closes his eyes before doing the same to me. I go to say my goodbye to my best friend, to my house, and to the only life I knew...

I walk to where Jake was at, near the end of the town where there is a carriage waiting for us. A man who is our driver takes our luggage and helps us into it.

"It's going to be a long ride, so get comfortable." he said as we ride into the unknown.

***

I'm in a forest again, but this time, it seems familiar. I sense something behind me, trying to sneak up on me. I'm not afraid of it, so I turn around.

It wasn't the same eyes as before.

No, those eyes did not belong to a wolf that I now know of. This is a snake.

It comes slithering out of the shadows and just stares at me. It is green, just like the one in the garden that night. Can it be?

"Hello, Danielle." The snake hissed a greeting.

I turn around and start running away from it as fast as I could. Tears fills my eyes, making my vision blurry. I trip in front of the same cave as before, but unlike my first dream, I did not fall into darkness.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?" I yelled, but no one answered.

I'm alone again... always alone...

***

I jolt up out of my sleep. I look around to see that we are still in the carriage. I see Jake sitting across from me with a worried expression.

"Are you ok?" Jake asked.

I rub my eyes from sleep and the dream. I look around a bit longer before saying something.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I asked instead of answering his question.

"A couple of hours." Jake said. "We should get reach to where we are going in 2 more minutes or at least that's what our escort said. Now, are you ok?"

I look out the window. I can see that we are almost to a bridge that connects to a big castle

"I'm fine." I mumbled, still getting the sleep out of me. "Just a bad dream."

"Oh. Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

I look out the window again. We are on the bridge now, surrounded by water. It must be a lake, how odd.

"You sure?" Jake asked again.

I turn to him for a moment, seeing that he has a worried expression on his face. Always so worried about me.

"Yes, Jake. I'm sure."

Before he can ask again, I feel the carriage stopping. The man who drove us opens the door. When the door opened, it reveals the big castle that I saw earlier. I immediately get out of the carriage. I feel my empty stomach growling for attention, wanting something to eat. I only realize it now that I am starving. Before I can voice anything, I see a short chubby man coming towards Jake and me.

"Lady Danielle, Lord Jake," the man said with a bow to us. "I welcome you both. Please, follow me"

We follow the man inside the castle, and all I can say is:

WOW....

"Oh my God, this is incredible." Jake said in awe.

I couldn't say anything because, well, I'm speechless...

"You will get used to it over time." The man said. "Now, come, come. I have to show you to your rooms."

We follow the man further into the castle. On our little walk, I found out that the man who is leading us is named Aragon. A very strange name but okay...

"Lord Jake, this is where you will be staying." Aragon said.

Aragon opens a door. Wanting to look inside, I am blown away by the room. This room seems so much bigger than our house. Not that our house was big to begin with but still.

"I understand that you would like to keep an eye on your sister, Lord Jake," Aragon said, "so Lady Danielle's room will be right across from yours."

He points to the door across from Jake's room. I didn't mind. I don't want to be too far away from Jake anyways. Curious, I go to open my door to my room and again:

WOW

"I will let both of you to get settled in. Once when you are ready, please go back downstairs the way you came from. I will be there waiting."

Once Aragon leaves, people come up with our things and put them in our rooms. I guess there is only one thing to do and that is to get settled. I go into my room and try to decide where to start. I can hear Jake behind me. I look over my shoulder to see Jake leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed.

"I'm guessing he's going to give us a tour later." I said, feeling giddy now. "I'm excited."

"Are you kidding, Danielle?" Jake said in surprised. "You were the one who didn't want to come."

"Yes," I trailed off, "but I'm embracing it now."

I take my things and put them by my bed. I go back to the door ready to close it. Jake takes a hint and steps away from the doorway.

"Besides," I said, "what can go wrong?"

And with that, I close the door.

Written By: Dan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 7.7K 45
{Busy rewriting} ** Book One ** Blanchefleur isn't exactly a perfect Princess; she knows it, her parents know it, everybody else knows it, though...
74 0 28
"She steadied her breathing and stood up. It was time to keep moving. The Tormentor would find her again, but she needed distance from what she had d...
843 214 70
Evil rises and there's only one who has the power to defeat it. However... Is this spoiled brat really the hero that would save them all? The prophe...
2.6K 605 69
COMPLETED! Since she was a little girl, Velvet has been reading stories about great wizards and witches of Rumerra's past, wishing every night to wak...