Spy School: Why did you leave...

By VarchasianKookie

It was just a normal day at Spy School. It was supposed to be a routine extraction. Nothing too dangerous, an... More

Authors Note
[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 10]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Chapter 13]
[Chapter 14]
[Chapter 15]
[Chapter 16]
[Chapter 17]
[Chapter 18]
[Chapter 20]
Epilogue
Sequel: To be, or not to be?
Final Authors Note

[Chapter 19]

1.7K 21 59
By VarchasianKookie

Secret Location

May 18

0200 Hours(2:00 AM)

3rd Person POV

A man with a beard walked up to the boss.

"Have a seat," the boss said.

"What is so important, that we had to meet at 2 AM in the morning?" the man asked.

"Do you have the pictures?" the boss asked. The man nodded and handed him the pictures. He skimmed through them, then put his hand on his chin.

"This is not good," he mumbled, "we'll have to start the operation early."

"May I go?" the man asked.

"Yes, you may. But remember, anyone finds out about this, and you're dead. You don't want to get on my bad side," the boss said. The man nodded and walked away. As the man walked away, the boss smiled.

The CIA won't know what hit'em. Because that's the beauty of Spyder.

TIMESKIP TO 5:25 AM

Ben POV

Today started about the same as yesterday. I woke up energized, jogged to Mike's room, got ready, and then collapsed on the couch, looking for something that could stall me for 15 minutes. At that moment, Mike walked in.

"Good morning," Mike said, sitting down.

"Morning," I said. He picked up the remote and started scrolling through T.V shows. If there was one thing I had learned about Mike after being friends for so long, it's that he was very indecisive. After 5 minutes, he set the remote down.

"Can we please play Truth or Dare?" Mike said.

I sighed. "How did I know you were going to say that? But since we have nothing to do for the next 10 minutes, sure." I said.

"Great. Ben, Truth or Dare?" Mike asked.

"Truth," I said.

"Then about Jessica. Do you love her?" Mike asked.

"Yes," I said immediately, "I do."

"Okay then, my turn," Mike said.

Erica POV

So as always, I was up before everyone else. I got ready and went for a morning run. I got back and woke Zoe up. We were ready by 5:50. I told her to go to Raven's room, and that I'd remind Ben and Mike not to be late.

If I hear anything about Jessica, I'll walk away immediately, I decided as I walked in the direction of Ben's room.

As a spy, I never believed in coincidence. But seriously. What are the chances that this would happen?

"Great. Ben, Truth or Dare?" I heard Mike said. Of course, they were playing Truth or Dare.

"Truth," Ben said.

"Then about Jessica. Do you love her?" Mike asked. As soon as I heard that, I covered my ears. But somehow, the sound still got through as clear as ever.

"Yes," Ben said.

That's it. Why am I doing this? Why do I care? The answer? I don't. From now I don't care.

I walked back in the direction of Raven's room.

Ben POV

"Mike, Truth or Dare?" I asked.

"Dare," Mike said.

"After this mission, I dare you to take Zoe on a date," I said. Mike's reaction was predictable. His face turned like an cherry and he covered his face with his hands.

"Fine," he mumbled. I smirked.

"Okay, it's 5:55, so let's go to Natalya's room," I said. Mike nodded. We walked out the door and towards Natalya's room. Two minutes later, we arrived. Mike knocked, and Zoe opened it.

"Morning," she said in her usual cheerful voice. We greeted her. Natalya looked fine, but something was wrong with Erica. She had this dark aura radiating off her, which screamed 'don't talk to me'. I looked at Zoe again. She shook her head. I nodded.

"Okay, listen up," Natalya started, but was interrupted by a phone call. She took one look at the Caller ID, and her face darkened.

"Oh no. This can't be good," Natalya said, picking up the phone. The voice at the other end spoke to her quickly, but the person must have said something important because Natalya's eyes widened. She ended the call quickly.

"Come with me," she said urgently. We followed her. We walked through a few rooms until we approached a wall.

"That's the support pillar that holds the room up," I said.

"Just walk through," Natalya said. Zoe went first. She approached the pillar and tried to a few bricks, but she couldn't. Her hand went right through. Her eyes widened.

"An illusion," Zoe said. Natalya nodded. Zoe walked through the illusion. Then Mike. Then Erica. Then it was my turn. Right before I walked through, I turned towards Natalya.

"Why do my instincts tell me you got this idea from Platform 9 and 3/4?" I asked. Then I walked through. I'm not sure, but I think I might have heard Natalya chuckle. After I walked through, I appeared in a room with computers. It had computers and T.V screens everywhere. There were lines of chairs that were left empty, but the three middle seats in the top row were occupied. My jaw dropped when I saw who occupied them. It was Chip, Jawa, and Cyrus. Chip looked briefly up from his screen.

"Hey Ben," Chip said.

"What?" I said.

"Cyrus will explain," Jawa said, not looking up from his screen. Natalya walked up behind me.

"Sit down. I will explain everything. But quickly," Natalya said. We all scrambled for a seat.

"We thought Spyder was going to use a bomb of high power to melt the ice of Antarctica. But we ran the calculations, and that wouldn't work. The blast would break apart the ice, but not melt it. Then we found this," Natalya said, pointing towards a huge pillar that was pointed sideways.

"What's that?" I asked.

"That's a laser. It's a highly concentrated heat wave that is so hot it'll melt literally anything," Natalya said.

"But will it be able to maintain the heat for such a long distance?" Mike asked.

"Good question. The normal answer is no, but with a small bomb it could increase the speed of the laser, giving it potential to retain all the heat," Natalya said.

"So the bomb won't hurt anyone," Mike said.

"By small I mean it'll only blow up everything within a 5-mile radius," Natalya said. The color drained from Mike's face.

"Wait, what?" I said, having the same reaction as Mike.

"Despite how small it is, it's still a bomb," Zoe reminded us. We nodded.

"So instead of going away from the bomb, we're going closer to the bomb?" Mike asked, freaked out.

"It's a risk we have to take," Natalya said.

"When do we leave?" Jessica asked.

"Well, the bomb is scheduled to blow up at 10 o'clock sharp, it's a 1-hour hike to the top of the mountain, and 30 minutes to walk to the pit of it, it takes 2 hours to get there, so were should be there by 6:30. To be safe we'll leave at 6:15, which is in 10 minutes," Natalya said.

"Where exactly do we have to go?" I asked. Natalya smiled.

"We have to go to the Nova Iguaçu Volcano," Natalya said, talking about it as if it was a toy and not a highly dangerous volcano.

"We're going inside of a volcano?" Zoe asked, concerned.

"Don't worry, it hasn't been active for more than a million years," Natalya assured. Zoe nodded, but still seemed skeptical.

"Are Chip, Jawa, and Cyrus coming too?" Erica asked. I jumped. I had almost forgotten she was there.

"No. They will monitor from here. There's one last thing. Our CIA Satellite Cameras picked up this image at 0200 Hours today. We enlarged and tried to make it more clear, but this is the farthest it could go. Can you see who is in the photos?" Natalya asked, shoving a slightly blurry image into my hand. Natalya was right. It was a bit blurry, but you could make out the people in the pictures. The pictures were of Jessica, Erica, and I.

"Do you know where these were taken?" Cyrus asked.

"The statue," we all said at once. Cyrus nodded.

"That's all," Cyrus said, looking back at his computer.

"Well, it's a 2-hour drive, so we should get going," Mike said. We all nodded. We walked back into the room, across the hallway, in the elevator, out the hotel door. As we did, an SUV pulled up that was similar to the one we rode on the way here.

"This brings back memories," Mike said as he hopped in the back seat.

"Can we go slower this time?" Mike pleaded.

"One speed only," Natalya said, stepping on the pedal. Although the drive was 2 hours, in a way we got lucky. There were no Spyder attacks, traffic jams, or accidents. At 8 o'clock sharp, we arrived at the foot of the volcano. We all got out of the car.

"What a sight," Jessica said. I nodded. We began to hike the mountain. Because the volcano had been inactive for so long, there was vegetation growing on the sides as we hiked up. 1 hour later, we finally reached the top

"Oh....finally....we....made it!" I said, out of breath.

"Shame you came all this way just for it to end here," said the voice of my nightmares. I looked up, and in front of me there were 100 Spyder Agents, all dressed in black and armed, their guns pointed at all of us. And in front of them, all was Mr. E, a look of triumph on his face, and his gun pointed directly at my heart.

Is this how it ends? Did we come this far just to fail? Is it all over?

Then someone spoke.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

- Cookie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 90 22
With all of their enemies bearing down on them, Agents Ben Ripley and Erica Hale go on the offensive to track them down. They'll need the help of the...
10.8K 190 26
BEFORE YOU READ: If you haven't read Spy School: Revolution, I suggest you go read that before clicking on 'read'. Agent: Benjamin Ripley Objectives:...
7.7K 77 27
[THIS IS A SEQUEL] The story before this book is Spy School: In Antarctica Since Murray has finally turned into a good guy with the promise of money...
713 24 19
Ben, Erica, and others are sent to New York City to try and stop this new nefarious conspiracy. Will there relationship continue? What will happen on...