Open fire

By white_lies_me

~sequel to Flames in water~ {Calum Hood fanfiction} Who knew that after several peaceful years, you and your... More

Part 1 "Once more"
Part 2 "I wish for something else"
Part 3 "Perth"
Part 4 "New area"
Part 5 "Let's get the crew"
Part 6 "Start somewhere"
Part 7 "News are the worst"
Part 8 "Clues and unknown"
Part 9 "Family"
Part 10 "Strange behaviours"
Part 11 "We've got it?"
Part 12 "Out of control"
Part 13 "Small talk"
Part 14 "Troubles along the way"
Part 15 "There's still time for everything"
Part 16 "Emergency"
Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"
Part 19 "Come clean with it"
Part 20 "Time is ticking by"
Part 21 "What is left?"
Part 22 "In between two worlds"
Part 23 "If the world ends now"
Part 24 "On your way"
Part 25 "Only one scar is permanent"
Part 26 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Part 27 "Choices are never simple"
Part 28 "All the voices in my mind are calling out for me"
Part 29 "Gotta get out"
Part 30 "Broken pieces"
Part 31 "Agreements and disagreements"
Part 32 "An unexpected visit"
Part 33 "Trust"
Part 34 "Just like you"
Part 35 "Confessions"
Part 36 "I love and hate surprises"
Part 37 "Figuring things out"
Part 38 "Final decision"
Part 39 "I'm not ready to start again"
Part 40 "Mission accepted"
Part 41 "Back to the Dead forest"
Part 42 "Ghost of you"
Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"
Part 44 "On the edge"
Part 45 "Open fire"
Part 46 "End of an adventure"

Part 17 "Too soon"

36 2 0
By white_lies_me

Crystal's POV*

"Bye Si" I just finished a call with Sierra since she was checking up on me. Basically everyone called me and Harry either in the morning or evening to check up on us, but Michael was always reserved to be first and last. In his words he wanted me to be the first person he hears in the morning and the last person to hear before he falls asleep, yes I've got a cheesy boyfriend and I'm proud of it. I went downstairs as I was reading some book and relaxing in my room, but got a sudden craving for something else.

"Hey Harry what's for dinner?" let me tell you I was starving.

"What do you want me to make, since yesterday you wanted a pizza with ham, corn, pepperoni, pineapple and fish..." his disgusted face made me laugh.

"I don't know, whatever you want. Don't have any preferences today" I say happily, he nods before flashing a smile. I hate being pregnant, everyone thinks you're helpless and I'm only six weeks in, come on. But I seemed awfully large for what I should look like...or maybe I was just body shaming myself, probably that one. I sat on the stool, watching as Harry grabbed some ingredients from the fridge.

"How many?" he asked, refering to how many times I've thrown up today, but thankfully only once today.

"One" I smile greatfull, he nods, grabbing a pan from the lower cabinet.

"What do you think, will they find a wolf?" I asked trying to keep myself busy with conversations, it's really weird not having the whole gang around.

"They will, but the news said that they've died down, the last five have been seen in New York, but the rest is quiet" he explains nonchalantly.

"Of course" I roll my eyes, taping my fingers on the counter which now looked very interesting to me, I look like a child, don't I? My head snapped back in Harry's direction as I heard a loud thump above us.

"Harry..." I began, he looked up, leaving the food and turning the stove off as he walked fastly over to the front door.

"Stay there" he said in a stern voice. What's happening, I'm getting scared, a lot. From my seat I think I saw a few very faint figures from the windows of the living room, and then another loud thump was heard.

"Harry" I said in a whisper, my voice sounding high still.

"Crystal run!" he shouted and before my eyes glass was broken, bits and pieces flying straight into the house. Harry grabbed me and we crouched down behind the couch as bullets kept on shooting in front of us.

"What is happening?" I whisper-yell, heavily breathing all of a sudden.

"Crystal we have to get away, do you have your phone and gun?" he asked and I nodded vigorously. He licked his lips, glancing at the front door, I could see the figures were getting closer now and we have to move immediately.

"Where do we go? They've cornered us" I whispered, glancing at the windows behind me, I can swear that I see someone on the roof three houses away from ours.

"Can you follow me?" he asks, worriedly looking at me, I nod determined. I know I have to think about the baby, but if I don't pull the strings now, both of us will be dead. My hands were shaking, my senses were acting very strange, If I could transform I would instantly which is a problem now. Because I have to fight the urge to let my wolf take over and to fight, but with me getting scared it was difficult and now was not the time to be a scared puppy.

"Stay low, we have to get to the stairs" Harry instructs and crouches over to the edge of the couch, the figures were getting closer and closer, the ones who were shooting were a little behind them. My heart was beating out if my chest, but I had to stay focused, so I followed Harry as he was waiting for the right opportunity for us to run over to the basement stairs. He gave me a hand signal and I rolled over to the stairs, using the technique Liam taught us, then waiting for Harry as my gaze kept switching from bullets to Harry. He swiftly rolled over as well, we got up and hurried downstairs, he put a hand over my shoulder protectively, helping me up. I heard another noise upstairs, I think they've broken in from the roof, I heard footsteps, but thankfully the basement had a door right at the end of the hall. I got in first, Harry breathed heavily as he pushed the door closed, locking it and just in case putting a chair so it stays barricaded.

"What now, we're trapped here?!" I shouted as my chest kept heaving up and down, this is not good, this is not good at all.

"Crystal, we can exit from here let me grab extra ammo and we're off" Harry tries to calm me down, squeezing my hand in support, I look around the room, an exit where, the fuck does he see an exit here?! He leaves me for a moment, which I don't appreciate, I heard the sound of somebody trying to break in, the doors shook, but they held tightly. Harry returned and seeing as tho I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt he gave me his jacket just in case and lead me over to the shooting room.

"Where the heck is the exit?" I ask, he points to the table in the corner, to which I look at him weirdly. He moves it to the left and there's a white button, blending in the with the wall, so he presses it and a hole opens on the ceiling, but it's too high for me. The sound was getting louder and louder and then I heard cracking, oh no please no.

"Come on Crystal" he hurries me and grabs me by the waist, trying to lift me up enough to reach the second floor.

"Wait Harry it's too late" I protest, glaring down at him, as my stomach kept twisting. Both of us had sweat on our faces, time ticking by, people who were trying to hurt us were separated from us just by a door that was slowly giving up.

"It's not for you Crystal" he looks at me symphateticly, the realisation dawned on me, but I'm not letting him do this.

"No Harry, you can't" I wiggle, trying to get down, tears started falling down my face as I bearly kept myself composed.

"Crystal please" he pleaded, his green eyes begging me to listen. Crying, I grabbed the little hole and put one leg, then the other one in, so I was looking down at him, then the doors burst open. He turned around in an instant, getting his gun from the back of his jeans. I couldn't go, I was frozen, biting down on my lip to keep myself from screaming. I can't do this to him, so tears fell quicker, every single muscle in my body trying to resist the urge to transform and help him. I heard people falling down or their yelps and whimpers if Harry hit them somewhere where it wasn't fatal, but then they came closer and a bullet flew right through his chest.  The time went in slow motion, my eyes have seen every little detail, it went straight through him, he coughed a little bit of blood, while I dug my nails into my palms, screaming 'no'. It wasn't enough, he kept on fighting while I heard more and more footsteps coming, and then another bullet came to the other side, his body jolting back from the contact. That's when he collapsed on his knees. He kept on looking at them, his right hand still holding the gun, trying to shoot as best as he could, but then the third bullet came to him. He looked straight at me, a sad smile appearing on his face, blood dripping down from his mouth and his white T-shirt covered in it. I gasped as I saw the three bullets, covering my mouth with my hand, as I cried uncontrollably, whimpering as I started at him.

"Go Crystal go, I'll be alright, it was fun while it lasted" were his last words before his eyes closed and his body fell limp on the ground. I just remembered that I have to listen to him, now, but the last thing I saw before I closed the small hole were people in full body armour suits going over to him. Getting up somehow I realised I was in the garage, but I didn't know how to drive and there were no cars also. What do I do, they'll get to me?! Michael, I need to call him. I fumbled with the phone as my hands were shaking and palms sweaty, some tears falling on the screen. I brought the phone over to my ear fast. Please answer, please I need you now more than ever.

"Michael!" I said happily, well as happy as I could.

"Crystal, wait are you crying, what happend?" he immediately noticed something was wrong.

"Michael, Harry, we, I, fuck!" I cursed as I slid down the wall, rubbing my eyes and wiping the tears of my face.

"Crystal, you're scaring me, what the fuck is happening?!" he said in a raised tone, obviously concerned.

"Michael they attacked us, I'm alone, Harry's dead in our garage, they'll kill me" I managed to explain it, choking a little as I gasped for air.

"Hide, run! I'm coming Crys, I won't let them hurt you, don't let them find you please I don't know what'd I'd do if I lost you" now I heard his irregular breathing pattern.

"Please" I whimpered as I heard on the other line Michael arguing with Niall about how fast they can get here.

"Crystal move out of there and go behind the house, there's a hidden alley not too far. I'll send you the location, send me a message once you're there and safe" Michael informs me, but then somebody knocks on the garage doors.

"Michael if something happens I love you" I said hurriedly and started to get up.

"Nothing will happen Crystal, I love you-" but I hung up and had to get out. The other door. I ran over to the backdoor of the garage, hidden behind a shelf. Damn it, it's so heavy I can't move it. I tried and tried but the shelf wasn't moving, the banging on the door increased however, so there's only one solution left. There were too many emotions going through me that I didn't even feel anything when I transformed and broke the shelf into pieces, quickly turning back to open the door. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, there were shots behind me, the person on the roof had a sniper, Louis taught us about those so I ran in zig-zag motion to avoid hits. Soon enough I hid behind the other houses, going in the little gaps separating them, jumping over fences while my heart was begging me to explode. My legs were getting tired and I swear I could throw up right then and there. I glanced at my phone for a brief second and looked at the place I need to hide in, while I wasn't looking ahead I cut my leg on a sharp edge of the fence.

"Fuck" I cursed, squeezing the leg to try and stop it from bleeding, I had to move, they were on my tail. I tore off the sleeve of Harry's jacket, loosely wrapping it around the cut as I didn't have time to do it better, but once I finally made that turn right I think I lost them. I jumped on the roof of a small concrete thing that didn't have a shape, it was hidden between the first block of flats that led to the center of the city and the last house in the neighborhood. I opened the door on top of it, struggling as it hasn't been touched in a long time and jumped in, collapsing on the ground. Every single muscle hurt, especially my stomach so I tried to soothe myself by rubbing circles on it.

"Shhh, I'm just glad we made it buddy" I said, still catching my breath. I sent Michael the message I was there, but no reply, then the images of Harry dying came back flooding to me and I cried and cried. I curled up into a ball, laying on the grass surrounded by four walls,, tracing my wound that I wrapped more firmly now. They'll heal soon, but I won't.

***

I don't know how long after I heard a noise. I couldn't move, I didn't even bother to move and then the doors creaked open.

"Crystal" I heard Michael's voice, he jumped down and hugged me immediately, wrapping his arms around me as if I'm the most precious thing on this world.

"God, I wouldn't know what I would've done if I lost you" he cried on my shoulder, his left arm stroking my hair, while the other one was rubbing circles on my belly. I loosly wrapped my arms around his waist,

"I'm so glad you're here" I managed to choke out.

"Let's get you out Crys" Niall said, but let Michael and me have a moment before. It was too soon for something like this to happend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 2.3K 38
People change over time, but our pasts will always be our pasts, and sometimes they come back to bite us... Does Calum have the balls to face who he...
480 26 31
Michael Clifford Fanfic
239 26 26
C.T.H FANFIC ***sequel coming soon*** - - - When it came to certain things, Calum could be heartless. He rarely considered anyone but himself. No on...
134K 2.2K 51
Finding your person at sixteen is not as exciting as it sounds, especially when you lose them at seventeen. For Calum, even six years later, everyon...