The Fix (SPS Book 1)

By M_Sway_Writes

"Katelyn, you are either going to get out of this car and walk in there like a normal person or I could carry... More

Authors Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44

35

171 11 0
By M_Sway_Writes

The music in the bar was loud. I pulled at the short red dress that exposed too much skin and wondered, for the hundredth time, if this was a good idea. The last thing I wanted to be perceived as, was desperate.

I was unsteady on the black platform heels, that Chloe insisted I wear. I felt too exposed. I felt eyes travel along the length of my body and it made me shiver.

The barman took my order and my gaze dropped to the counter. Those pesky memories of Lucas haunted me. The tender touches, the sizling kisses and looks of pure adoration he used to send my way.

How did Chloe talk me into buying this dress?

Chloe was dangling the skimpy looking red fabric in front of my face. She wore a Cheshire car grin and waggled her eyebrows. "You have to wear this!"

"Okay, where is the rest of it?"

The dress in question, was a simple yet skin tight fit that seemed to stop just under your ass. The plunging neckline dropped far enough to make a hooker blush. The arms were completely exposed, with two very thin straps to keep the clothing on your body.

Not that the straps were needed. The dress looked tight enough to cut off your blood circulation. I'd need a crowbar just to get out of it.

"Oh, come on, Katelyn! Be a little daring," Chloe said winking.

I shook my head. "Nope, I chose to breathe, thank you."

Chloe rolled her eyes before placing a hand on my shoulder. "I didn't want to do this but, Lucas will die of jealousy if he sees you in this."

"I'm not doing this to make him jealous."

"Sure!" Chloe said dragging the word out, "but a little revenge dress is just what you need. Besides, you will look, and feel, good."

I couldn't help the stab of hurt in my heart. I desperately wanted to be the responsible girl I've always been, the one that walked away and wasn't phased.

But Lucas Rhys phased me. To put it lightly. He wormed his way past my walls and into my heart where he stuck like glue.

"I don't know, Chloe."

Chloe sighed and dropped the dress at her side. "Come on, Katelyn. He broke your heart. At least, try it on."

Chloe held the dress out with a hopeful smile and I ripped the dress from her hand. "Fine." I said marching to the dressing room.

It took a hot minute, to worm myslef into the skin-tight clothing. The dress pushed my breasts up and showed every inch of skin on my legs. There would be no bending in this one, that's for sure.

When I stepped out of the dressing room, Chloe's jaw dropped. "Red is definitely your color."

I rolled my eyes and padded my way to the full length mirror. Chloe walked up behind me and pulled my hair band from my hair, causing my hair to tumble down my back, all the way to my waist.

"Now all you need is some killer black heels!"

I stared at my reflection, the dress cinched my waist and flared out slightly at the hips. Giving the illusion of voluptuous hips.

A slow smile soread across my lips and even if I knew this was a bad idea, I couldn't wait for Lucas to see me in this and not be able to touch me.

So, that's how it happened.

Well, I was regretting it. The dress was too tight and the heels felt like they were amputating my toes. I leaned over the counter to catch a glimpse of the bartender, but he seemed to be too busy to notice.

A man cleared his throat next to me and my gaze swung to him. He was good looking in a boyish way but I craved the devilish grin of only one man.

He smiled wide when I looked at him. "Can I buy you a drink?"

His smile was too sweet, his hair too blonde, and no matter how soft and inviting his brown eyes seemed they weren't the crystal blue, I longed to see.

I mentally berated myself. I shouldn't be comparing any and every man to Lucas but I couldn't help it. My heart wasn't ready to let go and move on.

I was saved when the bartender handed my our drinks and shot a smile to the guy. "Thanks, but I've got it covered."

I held up my hands to shake the drinks around and get my point across. The man laughed, holding up his hands in mock surrender.

Nodding my head, I turned on my heel and my eyes colided with those same blue eyes I longed to see.

Damn it!

I wasn't ready to see him yet! I knew he was going to be here but seeing him was like a shock to my whole system.

Lucas looked ready to shred glass with his teeth. His hands were clenched at his sides and anger flared on his face. I wanted to cringe away from that gaze.

But I couldn't show that it bothered me. That he bothered me. So, I gave my most convincing fixen smile, the same one he loved so much and sauntered off to my table.

All the while, I kept praying that the heels didn't snap my ankles. When I fell down into the chair across from Chloe, my heart was banging against my ribs.

I couldn't even sift through the meotions I was feeling, let alone doing that while barely breathing. I handed Chloe her cosmo before chugging mine down and slamming the empty glass on the table.

"I need to leave!" I said almost hysterical.

Chloe shook her head and pushed her drink in my hand. "No, we need to dance. Drink up!"

I chugged the second glass as if it was my lifeline before Chloe dragged me out of my seat.

She pulled me all the way to the dancefloor and motioned my body to move. Pretty soon, the warming of the alcohol and the frantic beat of the music, forced my body to move.

But I could still feel Lucas' eyes on me. Every now and then, I would glance over my shoulder, and find him staring at me. He had a white-knuckled grip on the neck of the beer bottle.

I would be lying if I didn't enjoy the affect I had on him. Instead of withering under his gaze, I moved my body in the most seductive way I knew how. The way I have only ever moved for him.

The crowd fell away and I imagined myself alone with him. I could almost feel his hands on my body.

Then, someone gripped my waist hard and knocked my ass out of my fairytale. I swiveled around and saw the same man from the bar.

I tried pulling away but his grip became harder, pulling me back. "No need to be a tease, baby," he whispered in my ear and I shrunk back.

The wrank smell of alcohol on his breath and the unsteady sway of his feet, told me that he was long gone. I was about to turn around and rip him a new asshole when the man was suddenly ripped from my body.

I turned around just in time to see Lucas crash a violent right hook right on his nose. The man crashed to the ground. Chloe and I screamed simultaneously as Layton and Liam tried to peel Lucas away from the bleeding man in the floor.

Lucas' eyes landed on mine and I took a sharp breath. He seemed almost crazed and foaming at the mouth. I cound't understand it and the more I thought about it, the angrier I got.

Firstly, I could handle myself, I didn't a knight in shining armour. Secondly, he made it very clear that he was done with me, so why the caveman bullshit.

I shook my head, turned on my heel and rushed out of the bar.

"Katelyn, wait!" Chloe screamed but I ignored her.

I burst through the front doors, taking my first gulp of fresh air. My attitude was slowly taking over, pissing me off even more. I knew this was a bad idea! I took fast breaths and clutched my hands tightly at my side, trying to calm the raging anger in my head.

"Katelyn!"

That voice haunted my dreams. I would be able to notice it in a dark room with a thousand locusts flying around.

I hated it, becaue I loved it so much.

I swung around to face the bane of my existence. My resentment cut deep and I couldn't understand it. I should hate him, I should be crazy with it but all I felt was the deep hurt.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I screamed before Lucas could get a word out.

He ran his hand through his hair, pacing back and forth on the sidewalk. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?"

"I didn't punch some random guy, Lucas!"

"He had his hands all over you!" Lucas huffed out, "or maybe that's what you wanted?"

My anger flared to match his. "What the hell? I didn't want that!" I screamed pointing back to the bar.

Lucas laughed sarcastically. "Could have fooled me, Princess. Seemed like you wanted him to put his hands on you."

I snapped and shoved his chest, hard enough to have him stagering a few paces back. "I was thinking of you, asshole!"

Tears brimmed in my eyes but I refused to let them go. He didn't deserve to see me cry. He ripped out my hart and dismissively walked away, as if it was nothing.

Lucas went stock still the moment my words registered in his mind. With two long steps, Lucas grabbed my waist and crashed his lips into mine.

Lights exploded behind my closed eyes and I couldn't help but drink in every inch of him. My hand wound tightly in his hair, pulling him closer as his arm snaked around my waist.

His lips moved frantically against my own while I matched his pace, with about as much ferocity as a starved lion.

Sober, I could hardly control myself around him. Halfway drunk, I didn't stand a chance.

I hated the way my body lit up like a beacon for him. Guiding him to me. But as soon as the lust fizzled out, he would leave again.

And just like that, my reason crashed through the haze and I shoved Lucas away. My lips burned and my legs trembled while my mind was trying to catch up with my raging libido.

"Don't ever touch me again!" I screamed.

Lucas stood back as if my words were a physical blow. "I don't understand why you're pissed. You broke things off but you clearly still want me, Katelyn. About as much as I want you."

I gave a dry laugh and took another step back. "No, Lucas you don't. You want to pull me in and push me away when it suits you."

"What do want from me, Katelyn? To drive me crazy, well, you're succeeding!" Lucas threw his hands up.

I shook my head, "I wanted you to care, even just a little."

Lucas shook his head and took a small step towards me. "But I do care!"

A tear rolled down my cheek and I bit my lip. "That's just it. It's not enough." I sighed, finally accepting what was staring right at me. "I was the idiot. You never promised me anything. It's my fault. I shouldn't have fallen in love with someone who would never feel the same."

Lucas fell silent, his eyes widened and I saw him stutter for words. If I didn't have my answer before, I had it now. It was my own fault. I fell in love too fast without any promise lf a future.

"I need you to leave me alone." I said turning to walk away.

"Katelyn—"

My hands flew up in a bid to protect me from his touch. "Don't! Please, Lucas. Just, leave me alone, okay." My voice broke on the last syllable and I ran from the sidewalk.

My heart couldn't take anymore. The mortification combined with the heartwrenching pain in my chest, nearly brought me to my knees.

I ran to the larking lot and stood by Chloe's car. I wanted to leave Silver Point and go home, but I couldn't let mom down, I haven't even read all lf the letters but all I wanted to do was go home.

I was foolish to even acknowledge my feelings for Lucas. And now, I was paying the price.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 333 21
Should I go to Travis? "I can't go to him no matter what? He can't find out my weakness or he'll use it to tease me" I said. Suddenly, a clap of thun...
116K 6.1K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...
756K 36.1K 75
(Book 1) The 12 year old Knightly Silverstone who had been adored by his parents throughout his whole life feels lost after a tragedy. He doesn't kno...
398K 14.7K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...