New Earth: Supergirl

By Lauriver1fanboy

My name is Kara Zor-El, I'm from Krypton. And also another reality. After the crisis destroyed the old multiv... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Not an Update!

Chapter 22

413 18 2
By Lauriver1fanboy

"J'onn, can you confirm it's him?" Dreamer asked J'onn when they entered the coluan's cell.

"They're keeping him sedated. Smart move, considering all the damage he could do, even with the power dampeners." J'onn said.

"Well, can you confirm that this is our Brainy and if so, give him a brain dump so we can get out of here." Dreamer asked and J'onn nodded as he did a quick psychic scan and confirmed that this was the new earth counterpart of Querl Dox, so J'onn restored his memories.

"He'll wake up with a headache, but he can also tell us how and why he's here." J'onn said.

"Winn, open up the transmat portal, I might need you to reboot Brainy if he doesn't come back online on his own." Dreamer said.

"Copy that. Mon-El is starting up the frigate now, so the alien refugees should be at the DEO shortly." Winn said.

"Winn, have you heard anything about Alex?" J'onn asked.

"Kara called and said that she's in surgery, but hasn't heard anything yet." Winn said.

"Let's get back to the tower." Dreamer said as the portal opened and the two of them dragged the unconscious coluan through the portal.

"Get him to the medbay." Winn said as he helped J'onn and Dreamer pull Brainy through the Tower.

"Why hasn't he woken up yet?" Dreamer asked.

"Cadmus may have done more than just sedate him. Remember, Coluans are basically just living computers, which means that they are susceptible to computer based glitches. I'll need to run a diagnostic on Brainy's AI core to figure out what's going on." Winn said as they got Brainy situated.

"Winn, any word on Alex?" J'onn asked.

"No, but you should head there, since Kara has called Eliza. You should be there to restore Eliza's memories so that she doesn't question why you or Jeremiah are there." Winn said.

"Go, I'll meet you there later and I'll tell Mon-El to head there after he gets those aliens to safety." Nia said and J'onn nodded his agreement.

"J'onn, any chance you can give me lift?" Jeremiah asked as he got up from his own cot.

"You sure you're up for that?" J'onn asked.

"Alex patched me up before she went back for Henshaw." Jeremiah said and Winn nodded in confirmation.

"Then let's go." J'onn said as he grabbed Jeremiah and they flew towards the hospital.

Kara was waiting anxiously for any news about Alex when she saw J'onn and Jeremiah enter the waiting room.

"Any word on Alex yet?" Jeremiah asked.

"Not yet. I'm getting really worried. Kelly is in the restroom right now and Eliza is on her way here now." Kara said.

"Kelly?" Jeremiah asked.

"Alex's girlfriend. She's James' sister and honestly, she and Alex adore each other." Kara said.

"What happened to that Maggie woman Alex was dating?" Jeremiah asked.

"They were actually engaged, but Alex called it off when she found out that Maggie didn't want kids." Kara said as Kelly joined them.

"Hey, has there been any word on Alex yet?" Kelly asked.

"Not yet. Oh and Kelly, this is Jeremiah." Kara said.

"Alex's father." Kelly said as she held out her hand to Jeremiah, who shook it.

"It's nice to meet you Kelly. The fact that you're here for Alex right now is enough to put you in my good books." Jeremiah said and Kelly smiled as a nurse came out.

"I'm looking for the family of Alex Danvers." the nurse said as Kara and Jeremiah were the first to get up.

"That's us." Kara said.

"I'll need to know your relationships with her?" the nurse asked.

"I'm her sister Kara Danvers and this is her father, my foster father, Jeremiah Danvers." Kara said and the nurse nodded as Kelly and J'onn got up.

"We're coming too." J'onn said.

"I'm sorry, but only Mr. and Ms. Danvers are on the approved list right now." the nurse said.

"Put both of them on it right now. That's Alex's girlfriend and her boss and a very close friend." Kara said.

"Names." the nurse said.

"Kelly Olsen." Kelly said.

"John Jones." J'onn said, giving the human form of his name, since he didn't want to give the real Hank Henshaw a chance to get back to Alex.

"Are there any other names you want to approve?" the nurse asked.

"Alex's mother Eliza Danvers is on her way here now and I also want you to let Winn Schott, Nia Nal, James Olsen, Lena Luthor, Clark Kent and Lois Lane." Kara said, since they hadn't determined human identities for her parents or J'onn's family yet.

"What is the news on Alex's condition?" Jeremiah demanded.

"While we were able to stabilize her, I'm afraid that her injuries were very severe." the nurse said.

"How severe?" Kara asked.

"She's suffered a large amount of damage to her spine, particularly her L4, L5 and L6 vertebrae." the nurse said.

"Does that mean?" Kelly asked.

"I'm sorry, but modern medicine can only do so much. She's paralyzed from the waist down." the nurse said and Kelly cried into Kara's shoulder.

"Can we see her?" Kara asked.

"Right this way." the nurse said as she led all of them back.

When Alex woke up, she groaned as she felt stiff and in a ton of pain.

"What's going on?" Alex groaned as she got her bearings and realized that she was lying in a hospital bed with her father, sister, girlfriend and boss all standing around her.

"Alex, I've got some bad news." Kara said but before she could go on, Alex realized something important.

"I can't feel anything below my waist. Why can't I feel my legs?" Alex asked.

"Alex, calm down." Jeremiah said.

"Why can't I feel my legs?" Alex demanded as she desperately tried to move her legs, but they wouldn't work.

"Alex, when you were attacked by Henshaw, it broke your back." Kara said gently.

"Wait, so I'm paralyzed?" Alex asked.

"I'm sorry Alex. I never should've let you go out there with us tonight." Kara said, blaming herself.

"Kara, I knew the risks and I chose to accept them anyways. I always knew that there was a possibility this could happen." Alex reminded her.

"Maybe so, but Alex, I'm sorry, but you can no longer go into the field." J'onn said.

"I know. And it will take some getting used to, but I'll adapt." Alex said, though they could all tell that she wasn't as okay with this as she was pretending to be.

"Alex, you don't have to put on a brave face for us. You can let it out." Kelly said.

"No, I'm fine." Alex said.

"Alex, I don't need to be a mind reader to know that you're lying. Just let it out." J'onn said and Alex knew that she wouldn't be able to get away with keeping her brave face up and honestly, she didn't want to as she finally let her tears fall and Kelly immediately crouched down to hold her girlfriend.

"There has to be something we can do." Jeremiah said.

"There might be one way." Kara said softly so Alex wouldn't hear them.

"Kara, are you sure about this?" J'onn asked.

"It's the only thing I can think of on this planet that could completely heal Alex and it would make sure that she doesn't get hurt like this again." Kara said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Jeremiah asked.

"A substance called Harun-El. It's the same substance that powers Argo City, but Lena Luthor discovered a way to use it to give humans superpowers. We used it to heal James after Lex had him shot in the old universe.It should be able to heal Alex." Kara said.

"But she could never figure out how to stabilize it. Alex would be dependent on the serum or else it would kill her." J'onn said.

"My dad understands the harun-el better than anyone else in the universe. I'm sure he could improve Lena's formula to make it permanent." Kara said as she looked at her weeping sister.

"We should ask Alex what she thinks about this, since it's her body that would be affected by the serum." J'onn said.

"What serum?" Alex asked as she finally began to calm down.

"The harun-el." Kara said.

"Of course. It healed James, there's no reason it shouldn't be able to heal you too and it would give you superpowers." Kelly said.

"But wouldn't I need regular injections of the serum to keep me stable?" Alex asked.

"My father knows the rock even better than Lena does. I'm sure he can find a way to stabilize the serum so that once you're injected with it, it's effects are stable and permanent." Kara said.

"I have to admit, it would be cool to have my own superpowers after being jealous of yours for so long." Alex said.

"So is that a yes?" Kara asked and Alex nodded.

"Yes, if your dad and Lena are able to create a one time use harun-el injection, I will take it." Alex said as Kara smiled as she gently hugged her sister.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 279 18
People are more familiar with my Earth 38 doppelganger. She is a lot more interesting and she isn't rebellious like me. I look up to her as a sort of...
2.3K 105 12
Explanation for rewrite in the first chapter. My name is Kara Zor-El. I am from Krypton. And also another multiverse. But after failing to stop the c...
30.7K 787 26
So this is the story that happens after the season 4 finale. I can't put into words what my feelings are. and my most favourite scene were "But you'r...
4.2K 216 18
Part Three of Multiverse Reborn saga. My name is Kara Zor-El. I am from Krypton. And also another multiverse. But after failing to stop the crisis th...