The Promise of Forever

By dreamysoul08

Arranged Marriages are most common in Indian Society...But what comes ahead is a marriage just to fulfil the... More

Prologue
CAST
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
Author's Note
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39

CHAPTER 34

4.4K 266 77
By dreamysoul08

Author's POV

As the clock was about to strike 12 Arushi made sure Vikrant was asleep and tip toed towards the kitchen to grab the small vanilla frosting cake that she had baked and hidden from him to wish him right when his birthday began.

"Happy Birthday Mr. Husband." she whispered into his ears while giving a small bite on his earlobe. Vikrant who wasn't actually asleep woke up with the brightest smile on his face. Wrapping his arms around her waist he almost pulled her onto himself.

"Vikrant the cake will fall." Arushi said trying to balance the cake in one hand while trying to adjust herself because of the sudden pull.

"Who wants the cake when I have my sweetest wife all for myself"

"Vikrant stop." Arushi tried stopping her husband who was nuzzling into her all set to turn on his naughty mode.

"Hmm" was all that Vikrant said while smelling in the scent of his wife.

"Cut the cake now." Arushi said pushing Vikrant aside and placing the cake in front of Vikrant as he sat up.

There are some days in life when you feel like you couldn't pray for anything more perfect than the life that you are living in that moment. It was that phase for Arushi and Vikrant. They have been enjoying each other's company. Just the thought of having their partner beside them for a lifetime would swell their hearts in happiness.

"So where's my gift?" Vikrant questioned Arushi as he stuffed the delicious cake in the mouth of his wife.

"Isn't it enough that I baked a cake for you?"

"Nah... It would be more than enough even if you just gave me a long kiss." Vikrant pouted out his lips waiting for Arushi to do the needful.

"You are such a ."

"Such a...?"

"Nothing." Arushi said before pushing Vikrant and walking to the kitchen to keep back the left over cake.
.
.
.
In the morning Arushi woke up to see her husband sleeping peacefully with a small smile playing on his lip. She thought he looked ravishingly hot in the messy morning hair. Unconsciously her hand started playing with his hair which in turn resulted in Vikrant pulling her more closer eliminating the slightest of gap between them.

"Vikrant" Arushi gasped due to the sudden pull.

"Hmm"

"Leave me we'll be late for work"

Since it was a weekday both of them couldn't miss their work but had promised each other to be back soon so that they could spend their evening together.

"Not before a birthday kiss Lifey." Vikrant said raising his eyebrows making a naughty smirk.

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"No"

"Yes" the fish was caught in the trap.

"So now that you have agreed let's kiss." Vikrant gave a victory smile and pouted his lips out. Arushi was in a state of shock for a second but then realised what just happened. It wasn't that Arushi did not like the feeling of being kissed but she was too shy to be initiating it.

The hesitation was clearly evident on her face and Vikrant understood it. Leaning towards her Vikrant slowly captured her lips with his. Just for the snap of a second Arushi's eyes grew wide but then she closed her eyes endeavoring the pleasure of the kiss. Little blush crept over her cheeks which made Vikrant smile into the kiss.

Their sweet little moment was disturbed by the ring of Vikrant's phone. It was his parent's and his little sister.

Arushi took the chance to move away from him and get going with her daily chores.
.
.
.
It was 5 in the evening when Vikrant had finished all his work and returned back home. Arushi was already back a while ago and was getting dressed to finally reveal the surprise she had planned for.

Once Vikrant went in to freshen up she called up Rahul to check if everything was ready. Once she was assured that everything was in place she waited for Vikrant to get ready.

"Close your eyes." Arushi said as Vikrant finally got ready.

"Why?"

"Because I am asking you to."

"Have you planned on kissing me or being naughty then happily I will close my eyes." Vikrant smiled sheepishly and closed his eyes while Arushi playfully hit his chest and tied a blindfold around his eyes.

"What the fu...?"

"Language Vikrant."

"This is cheating You just asked me to close my eyes why are you tying this blindfold."

"Can you have patience for a while." saying so Arushi held out for Vikrant's hand and took him out towards the basement of their apartment where Vikrant's surprise awaited.

"On my count of 3 open your eyes." Arushi instructed Vikrant and went towards the other side.

"One"

"Two"

"Three"

Vikrant opened the blindfold and blinked his eyes a few times to adjust to the light. Once he could clearly see his eyes grew more wider. He saw his wife and his best friend standing beside a brand new bike with a smile lingering on their faces.

But the happiness on Vikrant's face had vanished. He stood there with a blank face. All the horrible memories started flashing in his mind. After that accident he had never thought of riding a bike but Arushi had different things planned. She knew it was necessary for Vikrant to overcome the sad memories and fear of bikes. She had known from his best friend that Vikrant was a bike enthusiast ever since their school days but that incident had shaken him terribly.

Arushi felt maybe if she helped Vikrant make happy memories that would help him reduce the guilt and over come his fear.

It had been a while but Vikrant made no change in his expressions. Arushi finally decided to walk over to him.

"I know you have never had a bike since years but Vikrant only happy memories will help you overcome your fears. It is not that you don't want to ride a bike you are just a little scared. It is not necessary that what had happened once will happen again you just need to stop dwelling over the past. Just for once try to let go of it. For me. Please."

Small tears were threatening to fall of Vikrant's eyes but Arushi wiped them before they could trickle down his cheeks. She had no intentions to upset him on his birthday but she wanted to help him overcome the past.

After what felt like a few hours Vikrant finally stopped the battle of words going on in his mind and gathered all his courage to speak some words.

"Do you believe that I can do this?" he questioned Arushi with a hope in his eyes. Arushi just nodded in affirmation. Taking in a deep breath Vikrant finally convinced himself to ride the bike.

"I'll ride." he said and Arushi's heart swelled with joy.

Rahul who stood there as a mute spectator all the while finally walked over to his best friend and gave him a bone crushing hug.

"Happy Birthday brother." he wished him and handed him the keys of the bike.

"I hope you like the bike enjoy your day guys." he said before leaving the couple to have all the time for themselves.

"Lets go." Arushi said forwarding her hand towards Vikrant.

"But where are we actually going? Just a long drive or any particular place?" Vikrant asked in confusion because he did not know where to drive towards.

"To your favourite place where you have spent a lot of time with Rahul and other friends. Now it's my time to make memories with you in that place."

"The beach house?" Vikrant's eyes glinted widely as soon as Arushi referred to the private beach house that was owned by Rahul and Vikrant. With the busy schedule in life It had been ages since they had been to that house. Vikrant had loved to be there and enjoy his time with his friends whenever he could. When Arushi had asked Rahul he had suggested her the place because he knew his best friend would love to spend his birthday there and now that the love of his life was with him he would surely have the best time of his life.

"Yup"

"Lets go"

Vikrant was a little hesitant while igniting the bike but the firm hands that held him around his torso gave him the confidence to let go of all the bad thoughts. Little by little with every passing minute Vikrant was dusting off the fear that had overpowered his love for bikes. He was living in that moment and he couldn't be thankful enough to Arushi for what she had done.

After driving for almost an hour they finally reached the beach house. After parking the bike the first thing that Vikrant did was to embrace his wife in a tight hug.

"Thank you so much Jaan. If not for you I would have never driven a bike ever in my life." Vikrant said and kissed the side of her forehead.

They walked into the beach house hand in hand. Passing by the hall they reached the beach where Arushi had setup a small cozy mat and table with fairy lights. On the way Arushi had ordered the dinner which would arrive shortly.

Till the dinner arrived they had a short walk by the beach. The cold breeze, and the water touching their feet made Arushi feel really cold. Vikrant wrapped an arm around her making her snuggle into his chest. They found peace in each other's embrace.

After a few minutes the caretaker informed them that the dinner had arrived. With browning legs curled under, dusted with sand like flour on the bread the sat close to the lapping waves lost in each other enjoying the delicious lasagne and garlic bread sticks. Once the dinner was done Vikrant insisted on having a dance with Arushi.

While they were dancing on some soft music that Vikrant had played on his phone Arushi had the restless feeling of speaking her heart out. She could see the unspoken words in Vikrant's eyes for once she wanted to take the upper hand and tell her feelings out which she rarely did.

"You know Vikrant I can't thank god enough for sending you in my life. I know we have had a rough phase in the past but I think rough roads make us better drivers. I don't know why but every time you walk into a room, I can feel my heart skip a beat. You make the blood in my veins rush through me with a fiery passion. You bring color to my cheeks. You are everything that keeps me going and I...."

Just when her heart was about to confess her love for him something stopped her. The hesitation was back in her though she badly wanted to tell it out loud she couldn't. By now Vikrant had mastered the art of reading Arushi's face he knew what ran in her mind just by looking in her eyes.

"I know that I couldn't have found a better woman than you to live my life with. You are one of a kind, a diamond in the rough, a golden ticket that I am lucky to have won. I am so lucky and so grateful that you chose me. I will be anything you need at any given time. No matter what you ask of me, I will do it, because you are the love of my life. You are my everything. Forever."

Vikrant's words made Arushi's cheeks burn in the brightest shade of red. She rested her head against Vikrant's chest feeling the beats of the heart which she knew was her's.

••••••••••••••••

Hey guys... I know its been a long time. Hope you guys are doing good.

I am sorry for just vanishing in the air for almost a month. Some things in my personal life had caught me up because of which I wasnt able to write.

Now that I have finally written a chapter you guys can expect regular updates. And I will make sure I dont end up breaking my promise like the last time.

Anyways I hope you liked the chapter. Do tell me how was Arushi's gift.

And please vote and comment to encourage me I need a lot of it right now.

Lots of Love❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 14.1K 67
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
614K 19.4K 75
arranged Marriage is a magical bond where 2 unknown people are tied in a knot.Pelli pusthakam is a story about 2 people who are tied in a knot by the...
143K 6.8K 63
This is the story of Arohi Singhal. Arohi is a 19-year-old girl from Udaipur. She belongs to a middle-class family. Arohi is a polite, well-spoken an...
1.7M 90.7K 59
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...