Cursed with Wings (Thranduil...

By spypuppy

[Book 1] Belle is a cursed She Elf. Betrayed by her own family, Belle runs for the hills, forced to accep... More

Prologue.
Chapter One: The Curse.
Chapter Two: The Fear Of Losing A Mother.
Chapter Three: The Change.
Chapter Four: Meeting An Elf.
Chapter Five: Blue Eyes.
Chapter Six: The Prince.
Chapter Seven: The Disappointed King.
Chapter Eight: The Arrow Of Hunger.
Chapter Nine Part 1: An Unsuspected Guest.
Chapter Nine Part 2: Meet The Healer.
Chapter Ten: Raina Meets Belle.
Chapter Eleven: The Queen.
Chapter Twelve: The Lullaby.
Chapter Thirteen: Grandma
Chapter Fourteen: Ollie.
Chapter Fifteen: The Royal Pain In The Arse.
Chapter Sixteen: The Dying Queen.
Chapter Seventeen: The Tortured Seamstress.
Chapter Eighteen: The Ball.
Chapter Nineteen: The Willow.
Chapter Twenty: Questions.
Chapter Twenty One: The Moonlight Dance.
Chapter Twenty Two: The Unconscious Angel.
Chapter Twenty Three: Mother In The In-between.
Chapter Twenty Four: The Damsel In The Queen's Garden.
Chapter Twenty Five: The Dream.
Chapter Twenty Six: The Loss Of A Great.
Chapter Twenty Seven: Saving An Innocent.
Chapter Twenty Eight: A New Hope.
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Newcomers.
Chapter Thirty: The Elixir.
Chapter Thirty One: The Battle & The Cure.
Chapter Thirty Two: The Fateful Encounter.
Chapter Thirty Three Part 1: The Announcement.
Chapter Thirty Three Part 2: Miserably In Love.
Chapter Thirty Four: A Possible Future.
Chapter Thirty Six: The Death Bed.
Chapter Thirty Seven Part 1: The Betrayal.
Chapter Thirty Seven Part 2: The Demon.
Chapter Thirty Eight: The Aftermath.
Chapter Thirty Nine: The Truth.
Chapter Forty: The Poor Criminal.
Chapter Forty One: Memories.
Chapter Forty Two: The Battle.
Epilogue.

Chapter Thirty Five: Be Still...

6.7K 280 78
By spypuppy

Belle's P.O.V

People were screaming in surprise as Daeron landed, trotting down the aisle to stop, I slid off his back and turned around. My bow still loaded, I aimed it at the now furious couple. Neawlith's face was painted bright red in rage as she scrunched her hands at her sides, hardly seen by her huge puffy wedding gown.

On the other hand, the prince stood there motionless, his soulless eyes slightly narrowed as he had a protected hand in front of the bitch. He was dressed in stunning sliver robes, but it was all ruined by having a pale pink cloak draping off his shoulders.

Pulling the bow string back, I pointed it at the bride, "Give him back, Neawilth!" I demanded, nodding my head towards the groom. I saw Neawilth's face turn innocent as she whined out. "What do you mean peasant? I haven't do-"

"Cut the crap Neawilth, I know what you and that monster of yours have done, so stop mutilating his mind and restore his soul!" I shouted, hearing mumbles from the guests. "You have controlled him long enough Neawilth. Give him back and no one gets hurt" I warned.

She suddenly laughed, making everyone cringe at her so high pitched voice. "Why do you accuse me of such a thing Belle? Besides, you can't shoot an arrow if your life depended on it" Her smirk made her age a hundred years. The makeup only made it worse.

She snapped her fingers and pointed at me. "Guards, escort this pathetic girl from my wedding" She ordered. The elves dressed in bright red and orange came storming down the aisle. "Think Belle, think!" I chanted to myself, looking for anything I could stop them with. Then suddenly as I looked up, my eyes landed on the target. Bingo.

I pointed my arrow upwards, then taking a deep breath I aimed before quickly firing. The arrow flew through the air before hitting the bulls eye. Suddenly the chandelier began to fall, hearing the screams from the guests as they watched in their seats, the enormous chandelier falling.

It smashed against the floor. The glass shattered and blended in with the marble floor. The guards seemed shocked as I stood on the other side, stopping them from interfering.

Some of the guest started to panic. Their screams echoed throughout the church as they pushed and shoved to get away from the commotion. Others stayed seated frozen, shocked in disbelief.

I swiftly turned around, only to have a sword in my face. "Surrender... or I will not hesitate to kill you!" Thranduil growled out at me, gripping his sword even harder, making his knuckles turn white. I stood there frozen for a second. Where has he gone?.... where is the prince I use to know? He would never say something like that...But he isn't himself...That is not my Thranduil.

"Never"I hissed back, watching his eyes narrow in anger. He raised his sword and said "So be it." He swung his sword down, only to be blocked by my bow. I pushed his sword away, swinging my bow off to the side. He didn't seem satisfied for he attacked again, faster and stronger. I only missed him again by a millisecond. His eyes darkened as his nostrils flared. He let out a battle cry before arching his sword down at me, with all his strength.

As if time slowed down, I watched my precious bow splinter into two, before hitting the ground below. I was shocked, my mouth hanged opened as I gazed down at the remains. That's when I felt my blood start to boil. My hands began to scrunch up in anger as I stared at my new enemy in pure hatred.

"YOU BROKE MY FAVOURITE BOW, YOU FUCKING ARROGANT ROYAL ARSEHOLE!" I yelled, grabbing my dagger from my back before launching myself at him. With my dagger moving fast, Thranduil had trouble fighting as he watched me with wide eyes. But recovered, concentrating on my swings as he got back into the game.

It was as if it was only us in the room. Not that romantic crap you hear, no. It was just us trying to rip each others throats out!

His elegant swings made my head spin. I was so distracted with the way he gracefully moved his sword around, that I didn't notice his feet.

All of a sudden, I felt a hard blow to the stomach, feeling all the air escape from my lungs as I fell to the ground. My dagger slipping from my hand, as I heard his boots crush the shards of glass beneath. My heart pounded louder with every step he took. Letting out a ruff throaty cough, I opened my eyes in astonishment.

Immediately, I rolled to the side, ignoring my sore body as the sword pierced the marble, only just missing my face. I reach down to the other dagger that was hidden inside my boot, when I felt a hand clamp around my throat, making me choke as I was raised up in the mid air. Held by my neck, his dark soulless eyes pierced  mine. 

By using one of my hands, I tried to free myself from his firm grip while the other was still reaching for the other dagger.

"STOP IT!" he commanded, but I ignored him. "STOP IT!!" he said again, tightening his hand, making me gasp for air. I ditched the dagger. Using my hands, I tried to release his huge one that clutched my throat.

Of course that got him more angry, making my eyes wide.

"Thranduil!" I choked out, as I stared at his emotionless face. My heart wrenched in pain as I said the words "Thranduil please!" Tears started to slowly fall. I glanced behind him to see Neawilth showing her victory smile. I hope she chokes on her own tongue!

"Thranduil, this isn't you! this isn't y-"

"SHUT UP!" He said, shaking my neck in his hand. "Thranduil please-"

SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" He shouts, a hint of sadness came through his voice. But I wasn't concentrating on him, for I was thrown through the air, my head contacting with one of the wooden benches. I started coughing furiously, daring to suck in a breath.

Meanwhile, Thranduil picked up his sword and lazily dragged it behind him. It made a screeching sound as he walked down the aisle. I started to panic, looking for anything to defend me, completely forgetting about the dagger in my boot. As he approached, there was a slight glint in his hooded eyes.

I groaned as I started sliding backwards, cutting my hands against the glass covered marble, my blooded fingers leaving a trail. I kept on shuffling back until I hit the gold of the chandelier.

I am going to die

I kept thinking as I watched his figure approached me, standing in front of my feet.

His face was ghostly pale as he lifted the sword, the tilt aiming for my chest. My eyes watered as I watched the sword. But as it came nearer to my heart, I instantly caught the blade in-between my palms, stopping Thranduil.

I looked up, straight into his eyes and said "Thranduil wake up from this nightmare" He seemed frustrated as he added more pressure on the blade, his eyebrows furrowed up in outrage. "Please Thranduil...please" I begged, my heart ached, his eyes were as heartless as I had ever seen them. He was gone.

I broke out in full sob, as I felt the blade slowly slip against my bloodied palms, the tip touching my flesh. I looked up at him with pleading eyes one last time and muttered

"Thrandy..."'

..................................................................................................

Thranduil's P.O.V

"Thrandy"

My heart stopped as I peered through the pitch black darkness, to see my Bells. Her face was slashed in little cuts. As my eyes reached her neck, I noticed it was red and was slowly beginning to turn purple. Her fragile hands were bleeding out against the steel sliver, but what caught my attention was her beautiful ocean blue-green eyes.

It felt as if they could see pass the blinding darkness, and into my caged soul. They held some sort of despair that affected me. She was crying, her tears sweeping down to her chin. Why was she crying? Have I done something wrong to upset her?

I then looked down to see a sword pointed at her chest, with her palms trying to stop it. Hesitating,  I gradually pulled the sword away from her, trying not to hurt her already wounded hands in the process. What have I done?!

Staggering back, I felt the tears in my eyes, threatening to fall. By looking around, I discovered that I am in the church. The disgusting looks on the faces of the remaining guests, haunted me. Why don't I remember?!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" The voice screamed in my mind, making me drop the sword and hold my head in my hands, closing my eyes.

"YOUR SUPPOSED TO KILL HER! KILL HER, YOU IDIOT" It screeched again. I cringe as the pain pounded against my mind, causing me to squirm.

"NO! I WILL NOT!" I yelled back, hearing mumbles flood through the room.

"KILL HER! SHE IS TRYING TO STEAL YOUR CROWN! SHE WILL MURDER YOU IF YOU DON'T!"

"NO, I WILL NOT KILL HER!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"WHY NOT?! SHE IS NOTHING TO YOU! ONLY A CURSED PATHETIC, DESPERATE GIRL!"

 The voice sounded frustrated. Suddenly I felt the anger, hatred possess me. No, No, NOOO! I opened my eyes to see the darkness slowly blinding my eyesight again. The last thing I saw was Belle holding a blue liquid in a vial, standing up with help from my mother.

Belle eyes stared into thin air. Her body was weak as she practically hung onto my mother's arm. Belle's extremely pale face was expressionless as I watched her lips move. My mother's eyes went wide as her mouth moved furiously. Her eyes glued to the bottle which Belle held in her hand.

I took a step closer to her, fighting back the pain, bad thoughts and above all, fight against the urge to take her life. All that mattered to me was her. I knew...since the very first time that I laid eyes on her, that I... that I- she changed me...in no way that I thought possible. If I lose her...I'll lose everything.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING! STOP THAT."

In all the world I-

"STOP THAT, STOP IT! YOUR NOT THINKING STRAIGHT!"

I...it never occured to me that I, the Prince of Mirkwood-

"STOP!"

could behold such deep feelings for another, that I never thought I could possess, for a baker's granddaughter. A girl...with no fortune...and no title, but a girl who has shown me...life, in such a... strange way.

I would give up every there is, just to be with her.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!!"

For I am hopelessly

and uncontrollably...

In love with her...

My bluebell, my one true desire.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" The voice let out an ear piercing cry in defeat. The ruby necklace that hung around my neck began to quiver.

Then all darkness around my eyes began to lighten until I could see clearly again. My mind was the last to change, no more anger thoughts. No more voices, sounds. No more pulling the strings of my consciousness.

 And the one that saved me was standing a couple of feet away. The one who I owe my life to, who has already stolen my heart.

"Bells" I whispered out loud. She looked up at me with those misty ocean eyes of hers. The empty bottle in her hand suddenly fell, shattering on the floor. Then, before I acknowledge what had happened, Belle's body went limp. Slipping from my mother's arms, she collapsed.

I sprinted to her, accidentally skidding across the glass covered floors, ignoring the loud protest from Neawilth. All what mattered right now was the girl lying in the middle of the aisle. The girl who crashed my wedding.

.............................................................................

Belle's P.O.V

"Bells" that is what I heard Thranduil say. I gazed upwards, only to see something  which brought tears to my eyes once. There, standing in all his glory was Thranduil, my Thranduil. He appeared as himself again, his face had regained some colour back. His eyes were full of life, of which he damn right deserved!

I am sorry Thranduil...but you are too late.

The potion had already taken hold of me. At first, I lost feeling in my feet, but with the support from the Queen, I stood upright. I let the empty vial slip from my fingers, hearing the same sound I have heard all day, glass shattering.

All of a sudden, my legs could not support my body anymore. A gasp escaped my throat as I slipped from the Queen's grasp and collapsed on the glass covered marble. I felt my body's heat rise as if I had swallowed fire.

Loud muffled voices echoed, as my head was pounding with rage. Strong arms began to take hold of my quivering figure, cradling me. Suddenly, I had trouble breathing, unable to take in air.

"Look at me. Only me."

I felt someone's gentle fingertips brush the strands of hair from my face. Slowly I moved my head up, to see the familiar cold blue piercing eyes stare back at me. The same sapphire eyes I saw high up in a tree all those months ago. The same stern glare which hid his true self.

"I need you to d-do something" I took in a hesitant breath. "Look after them for me, especially Ollie"

"You are not going to die Belle, I depend my lif-I-I need you... I need you Bells." He desperately said. I saw a tear run down his cheek. He kept on muttering the words over and over again, shaking his head.

I raised my shaky hand, whipping away his newly fresh tears, silencing him.

....................................................................

Thranduil's P.O.V

'She cannot go; she is not leaving me' I thought to myself. My eyes closed as tears escaped them as I kept shaking my head, she cannot leave me!

Then I felt her hand on my jaw, making me look down at her. Her forehead was covered in little droplets of sweat as I heard her say the words.

 "You still owe me a new bow" she said, a small cheeky smile upon her lips. I let out a small laugh as I laid my hand gently on her cheek. "At least I got to see you...one last time."

My eyes widened immediately as I clasped the hand from my face and gently laid it over my heart. "You feel that Bells, my heart beating? If you leave me, I couldn't live with myself." I say, watching as her lips turn into a small smile as tears ran from her eyes.

All of a sudden, she leaned forward, as I felt her hand move. Her eyes landed on my mouth as she draws nearer. I felt her warm breath upon my lips. Then, I felt pain run across my chest as I saw my ripped shirt with blood staining the silk.

Speechless, I looked down at her to see my ruby necklace in her bloodied palm. I could hear strange voices whisper from within it. Suddenly, the stone in the center began to glow brighter, until it burst into flames, destroying the pendant.

What remain of the necklace was thick ash which flew away, leaving Belle's battered hand. I heard a slight whisper come from her lips as Belle's hand fell, her knuckles connecting with the ground. My breath hitched, as my heart pounded.

Laying limp in my arms, was Belle. Her now glassy eyes stared blankly back at me as the last remaining tears stained her cheeks.

"Bells?!" I gasped out her name in despair. I shook her lifeless body, expecting a response. I then felt a hand on my shoulder, my mothers voice hit my ears.

"She is no longer with us. Son...its time to let her go."

"NO!" I yelled, sobbing as I shook my head furiously. I muttered, "She can't be...It's all my fault." I say, leaning forward, placing my lips upon her forehead. My mother hand squeezed, telling me "Hun, its no your fault. It was her decision to make, not yours."

Hugging Belle's body close, I choked "I am the reason she is dead!"

I hesitated and leaned forward, closing her eyelids with my shaky fingers. Taking a deep breath, I took hold of her lifeless body and began to slowly lift her up. As I stood up, I felt something in her side pocket. I settled Belle back down, and carefully pulled it out to find a folded crinkled piece of parchment. Unfolding it, I let out a muffled cry.

It was a detailed sketch of myself, on one knee. In my hand I held her flower. "A Bluebell" I whispered. All of a sudden, the church doors opened with a bang. I heard a few gasp of surprise and then heard footsteps come up towards me.

"Analee?!" 

.........................................................................

Not the end!

Dont kill us!

Don't worry, plently more to come!

What do you think?! Our brains exploded while trying to write this so it may not make sense. Just the heads up :)

Thank you for all your lovely comments. Much appreciated. I'll update soon.

spypuppy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 3.1K 35
The days spent within the confines of a cage were perhaps some of the worst days that Beorn had ever known. Through a chance encounter of a fellow es...
923K 22.3K 93
Kat is the eldest daughter of Hershel and the rock of the Greene family. Through thick and thin she has kept them together, but when the apocalypse b...
217K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
106K 2.9K 87
Discover how the Infamous sometimes bull-headed Thorin Oakenshield discovers his long lost (and unknown) child. During his travels, he met his One a...