falling [asanoya/ennotana] 🌦

By theleftside_

asahi is afraid to tell nishinoya that he's decided to pursue higher education in tokyo, and doesn't think th... More

welcome to a New Book
a sobering change
arguments can be clarifying
the Start to Healing
Nothing is Wrong, and i'm Fine. i Promise.
a Vent Session, and all of karasuno is gay
tanaka might not be as straight as he thought he was
in all Honesty, this is just a Filler
the first Talk
the first Talk (but it's asahi's pov)
facetime therapy
yuu comes clean
tanaka gives Good Advice
it's not Ideal, but it's a Start
nishinoya is a Bad Influence
there's a Good Reason tanaka and noya are on the floor-
tanaka's Confusion
kind of another Filler, Sorry
your Local lesbians to the Rescue
i care about you more than you know
the second Talk
to be So Lonely
suga shoots asahi in the neck and is only A Little Bit Sorry
it's possible to be the Mom Friend and Chaotic at the Same Time
a cliché Park Scene
ennoshita is Done with the bs
the Timeline up until Now
Every Single Feeling
with you, everything feels Okay
Finally a chapter where asahi is Sad-
yours sincerely, Wasting Away
daichi and suga simp for each other-
seeing a dog is Important enough to Warrant a facetime
tanaka ryūnosuke, Simp Extraordinaire
a Little Bit of angst,,, as a Treat
Next Wednesday
the Vibes are Off, and this chapter gave me The Big writer's block
in a Fight between Noya and Math, who would Win?
a bit of a timeskip before Graduation
graduation itself
an asadaisuga Reunion
noya gives tanaka The S** Talk 😳 (gay edition)
asahi's delivery service
the Apple Juice on the Table
noya becomes a Prostitute
long distance
maybe soulmates Do Exist
chaotic meetings and The Exhibition
Family Dinner
online love
falling into love.
a Proper sleep schedule? who is She?
posso morire felice
this is not The End
Far from it, in Fact
this is Merely the Beginning
temporary self promo 😗👉👈

a Big Reveal with the second years

1.3K 57 22
By theleftside_

a/n: sorry if this is kinda bad, i've still got major writer's block rn 😭✌️

.nishinoya.

it was currently lunchtime on the following thursday afternoon.

as i had hoped, the vibes had amended themselves after i had slept and cleared my head, and now things were feeling pretty normal again.

well... mostly. it was still new to get into the classroom and see ryū and chikara holding hands under the desk.

i plopped down on the last free chair- i had gotten there last since i had walked slower than usual.

"hey, y'all, how's it going?"

i was greeted by a chorus of, "pretty good"s and "not bad"s.

then kinoshita asked, "speaking of, are the vibes still off today, or are you feeling any better?"

i flashed a thumbs up.

"all good today."

"oh, that's right! we never got a chance to talk last night!" ryū exclaimed. "do you wanna talk now or just call later?"

"i'll talk now. besides, this time everyone can get in on the tea, and i can get more advice from different points of view if necessary."

"right, right, makes sense. now, every detail from the beginning. or whatever you're comfortable sharing."

i nodded.

"so... at first it was all quiet and awkward, and knowing asahi, he probably wouldn't be able to just say it, so i was talking about some random stuff just to mellow out the mood or whatever, and i was just asking if he thought seeing a dog warrants a facetime, and-"

"it doesn't," narita said.

i looked at him with annoyance and held my hand up.

"alright, for those of y'all that are new here- and ryū knows this well- i have a little unspoken rule not to interrupt unless there's an appropriate opening."

he shrugged.

"it seemed appropriate to me."

i cast one last glare at him before resuming my story.

"so i was asking him that, when he just blurted it out! i was real surprised at that, man, like... who'd have thought?!"

"oh man, i know right?! but it's awesome he finally told you!" ryū exclaimed. "so what was the reason?"

i scrunched my mouth to one side, wondering if i should tell them or not.

"well... he told me... he's gay."

ryū gasped and ennoshita made a face.

"i sure hope he was if he was dating you, but that on its own isn't really a reason to break up with you."

"oh right... well, i'm not sure if it's my place to say, but... let's say it's a really big thing that contradicts something he's said in the past, and it threw me off big time. we're talking emergency daydreams to reimagine the entire future!"

"all of humanity's future, or just your future?" ennoshita inquired with a chuckle.

"okay, when i say the entire future, obviously i mean my future!"

"just checking."

"wait, did he turn out to actually be straight then?" tanaka gasped.

"ryū, no... he's still gay."

"oh. okay, just checking. you said it contradicts something he said in the past, so..."

"well, it's a valid guess. so... after that... luckily i didn't cry. i think i was kind of too shocked. but also... i tried to be supportive, because i'm a little bit in the same boat? but on a larger scale? but also with a different timeline, so..."

"this is kind of confusing," narita said.

ryū gasped agin.

"so he is gay! and are you gay?"

"ryū, we've already established that he's gay, and you know i'm bi."

"ohh, you know what? you right. you were just talking about trying to be supportive because you're in the same boat. wait... but you're also attracted to girls, not just guys! so is he actually straight?!"

i laughed.

"okay, now i'm sure you're doing this on purpose."

he shrugged with a huge grin.

"what can i say? annoying people is fun."

i rolled my eyes with an endearing smile.

"well, yeah, anyway. i guess... i don't want to say anything though, in case he doesn't want anyone knowing about it yet. actually... i should've asked more about that. his parents probably know... what about suga and daichi? did he tell them? well, anyways... ryū, i'll tell you later."

"wait, but what about this vow of secrecy?" he asked.

"oh, he already knows i tell you everything anyway, so he knows what he got himself into when he said that to me. we're a package deal, bitch."

ryū clicked his tongue and did a half shrug.

"that's true."

"right, so after he told me... i was shocked... what was after that? hmm... oh yeah! i talked about my future plans and stuff, and then he explained a little bit more about his... decision, and i was actually like, 'whoa! that's cool, how come i never knew about this before?' but yeah, it was a whole thing. anyway, i accidentally might've mentioned a tiny bit that i was still in love with him, but it's fine, i'm sure he already knew anyway, and-"

"wait, wait, i thought you told us to stop you from being stupid?" kinoshita interrupted. "what happened to that?"

"oh, honey, it was already too late. i did end up texting him that i missed him, but it was alright? i didn't end up mortified by that situation anyway, only a bit embarrassed. but yeah, i didn't necessarily say the exact words, 'i love you,' but i said something along the lines of, 'that's one of the reasons i like you,' then i realized what i said and i was like, 'oh shit.' but it was alright. kind of. a little after that, i said goodbye and we went our separate ways, and that's when the vibe was off!"

i paused, thinking.

"oh, wait! i almost forgot, he started calling me yuu again! i swear, i almost got a nosebleed, or fainted, or something, but i was just so surprised, man!"

they nodded.

"yeah," "makes sense," and, "simp," were heard throughout the group.

"so then the vibe was off. not to point fingers, but... it's all everyone's fault!" i did actually point my finger around everyone in the group. "it felt weird at first when i got home, but it got worse when i called you-" i pointed at ryū. "and you were already calling him!" i pointed at chikara. "that's when i felt things were... changing. and i knew kazuhito would be busy with homework, so i called hisashi instead, but he wasn't much help. no offense, although honestly there's not much you could've done anyway."

"thanks," he replied sarcastically.

i laughed and made an 'okay' sign with my hand.

"no prob, buddy. anyway, after that... i was stupid again. sorry, y'all. i called asahi."

"the one thing we tried to prevent you from!" narita burst out. "i guess you already did it before though..."

"right you are, my friend. so basically i vented a little bit, lowkey blamed him for being part of the reason the vibes were off, then got him to help with my math homework."

"math homework?" chikara asked.

i nodded widely.

"math homework," i confirmed. "so basically that kind of took my mind off things, and then i went to bed early to restructure my entire future daydreams in my head."

"well, that's one way to distract yourself from bad vibes?" ryū said tentatively.

"exactly! now i'm gonna eat really fast, because lunch is almost over and i'm extremely hungry since i've just been talking this whole time!"

the others resumed conversation as i scarfed down my food, and attempted not to choke.

///

later at home, i was facetiming with ryū.

ah yes, everything back as it should be.

"asahi told me that he's going to college in tokyo for a fashion design program."

"what?!"

"i know right! i was surprised too!"

"fashion design though?! i never would've thought... asahi?! are you sure we're thinking of the same person? well actually... maybe i can see that? hmm..."

i laughed.

"make up your mind, dude, can you see it or not?"

he thought for another minute.

"yeah, i guess i can see it. although everything you said earlier makes so much more sense now! why you were surprised and had to rethink the entire future... and you mentioned your future too?"

"oh, yeah... i said i couldn't be too upset because... you know how it's always been my dream to see the world?"

"yeah, and?"

"well, i was thinking... my last year of college... i'm going to italy!"

his eyes widened and he did a double take.

"seriously?!"

"seriously!"

"oh, man... that's a big decision! i... i'm not even sure what i wanna do in college..."

"honestly, me neither, bro."

"yeah... but i'll miss you so much! we'll even be in different time zones! how are we supposed to talk?"

"we'll talk right after waking up and right before going to bed. any time we can find, pretty much."

"yeah, guess so." he nodded. "so, is that all then?"

i thought for a bit.

"yep, i think that's all i have for this time."

"alright, i'll let you go then. night!"

"night, ryū."

moments later, the call disconnected and i flopped back on my bed.

i smiled.

finally. everything felt right again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.1K 2K 22
"Look after her, will ya?" Daichi asked the new captain of the volleyball team Ennoshita "I will, don't worry. Your sister will be good here." He sm...
122K 3.5K 24
TW: mental health, mentions of depression and medication Y/N Y/L/N is a recently transferred 3rd year who has bad mental health problems. When she ge...
37K 986 12
"P-Please don't go!" "Wha- Suga, is everything okay..?" - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Sugawara has a terrible fea...
184K 6.5K 18
A long forgotten, unspoken bound is enough to turn things around? Few years left since Asahi and Nishinoya met, but when Asahi recived a panicked ph...