Our Dating Scandal | Seulyong

By Somini83

Another unsuccessful comeback and Seulgi's anxiety could not have gotten worse than it already was... Except... More

Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
The End

Chapter 20

867 53 32
By Somini83

"Where are the lilies?" Seulgi mumbled to herself as she looked around in the florist's shop, trying to find all the plants and flowers that she wanted to buy for the dorm.

As she was about to go and ask for help, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She stopped in her tracks and fished out the phone and unlocked the screen, seeing the message that Sooyoung had sent her.

2018-04-02 13:56
Uhm, I know you are taking a
small break from social media

but I think you should log into
Twitter... And maybe Instagram
too... And you should read a few

articles as well.

Seulgi sighed as she finished reading the message. "What is it now?" she thought and pouted her lips, knowing that it probably was something bad.

She searched for the Twitter app on her phone and clicked it, logging into her account. "Shit," she cursed as she looked at the top trending hashtags.

Worldwide trends

1 · Trending
#TaeyongIsACheater
119.4K Tweets

2 · Trending
#SeulgiWeLoveYou
253.6K Tweets

"No, no, no, no, no," Seulgi ranted quietly as she searched up Taeyong and clicked on the top article.

Dispatch releases photos of Taeyong visiting Chungha's home, just a week after SM confirms his break up with Seulgi

As of today, April 2nd, Dispatch released a couple photos showing NCT's Taeyong visiting Kim Chungha's home with chocolate and a Chanel bag in his hands. Dispatch claims that these photos were taken around the beginning of March, only a few weeks after Taeyong's break up with Red Velvet's Seulgi. Netizens have been quick to point out that Taeyong seemed to have moved on from Seulgi very quickly.

Most of them are now also drawing a conclusion that the mysterious girl Taeyong was seen with before was Kim Chungha. Netizens are showing that the girl on the photo was seen wearing a special white fisher hat and a ring that Chungha has been spotted wearing regularly at the airport or during radio filmings. Making the netizens believe that SM was lying about the girl being Taeyong's cousin and that it indeed was Kim Chungha.

Fans of Red Velvet's Seulgi have also been seen posting hateful comments about Taeyong and SM Entertainment, stating that Taeyong was cheating on Seulgi with Chungha and that that was the real reason they broke up. Adding the fact that SM Entertainment are bad because they forced Seulgi to act like everything was fine afterwards.

This has led to multiple hashtags trending worldwide on both Twitter and Instagram, stating #TaeyongIsACheater and #SeulgiWeLoveYou.

Seulgi pressed her lips together and put her hand on her forehead, not believing that this was happening right now. "This can not be real," she shook her head and saw another headline.

SM Entertainment and MNH Entertainment both confirms that Taeyong and Chungha are dating.

Both SM and MNH have released statement regarding Taeyong and Chungha's relationship and are confirming that they are seeing each other.

MNH's statement:

"We can confirm that Chungha and Taeyong are seeing each other with good feelings."

SM's statement:

"It is true that Taeyong and Chungha are dating, however, we have to state that during the time Taeyong dated Seulgi, he and Chungha were solely friends and he just started getting to know Chungha more after his break up with Seulgi. He did not cheat on Seulgi and we are not forcing Seulgi to act with a different attitude or manner."

—————————————-

"You should've just ended the fake relationship when Lee Soo Man suggested it! That way this wouldn't have happened!" Chungha scolded angrily at Taeyong.

"But you sa-"

"But no! You just felt like staying with her even though there was no reason to!" she shouted at him as she felt her blood boil even more.

"Then why didn't you tell me?!" Taeyong raised his voice, making Chungha surprised as it was the first time they were practically yelling at each other during a fight. "You told me it was fine and said nothing else!"

"Because I didn't want to seem like this bossy, controlling girlfriend, Yong! That's why! I decided to trust your decisions because I trust you! But then after a while I thought, why?" she admitted, lowering her voice and Taeyong furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?" she repeated. "Why would you want to continue a fake relationship when it went to well for Red Velvet, already? Because from what I know, it started because Red Velvet needed the clout and attention. But they already got it and there was no reason left for you to continue... What was your reason, Yong?"

"Don't think like that," Taeyong shook his head, knowing exactly what she was going to say next.

"What? That you could possibly have a small love interest with Seulgi?" she hissed at him. "Because that's exactly what I'm afraid to think, Yong."

Taeyong was taken aback when he heard Chungha admit it and he immediately walked closer to her, grabbing her hands and caressed them lightly.

"I have never, ever, in my life thought about Seulgi in that way, you know that. She is only a good friend to me," he told her and she looked down at their hands.

"I don't know what to think," she sighed and looked away, trying to release his grip from her hands.

"Hey, hey, hey," he said and cupped her face gently, looking into her eyes.

"You are the only one in the entire world, that I love, okay?" he spoke softly and Chungha pressed her lips together before nodding. "And I know that it was stupid of me to continue with the fake relationship, I didn't think it through. But it's over now, it's gone, it's in the past."

"Yeah," she mumbled and looked down.

Taeyong let out a small sigh and pulled her into a hug, embracing her warmly. He stroked her hair gently and closed his eyes. "As for the recent news... We will get through it together, alright? I promise I will always protect you and be there by your side whenever you need me. You don't have to worry about anything, okay? Because you are the only one I love and the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with."

Chungha wrapped her arms around him and snuggled into his muscular chest, feeling safe instantly. "I'm sorry for getting so angry and doubting you," she then apologized.

"It's okay, I understand." He reassured her. "But if you ever feel like something's wrong, tell me. If there's anything that bothers you, tell me. Don't worry about seeming to bossy, controlling, clingy, or whatever. Just tell me."

"I will."

—————————————

"It's my fault, it's my fault, it's my fault," Seulgi kept on ranting as she paced back and forth in the kitchen. "If I just agreed on releasing a break up statement last year people wouldn't assume that Taeyong cheated on me," she mumbled, still pacing back and forth.

"Seulgi," Sooyoung called, trying to calm her down. "Seulgi," she repeated but as Seulgi's legs didn't stop she went up to her and grabbed her shoulders. "Seulgi," she said one last time and shook her slightly.

Sooyoung looked into her eyes, seeing regret and worry in them. She took a breath before releasing her grip around her shoulders. "Calm down, okay?" she said. "None of this is your fault," she then reassured.

"But people are saying Taeyong cheated on me with Chungha when he's in some way actually cheating on Chungha with me! This is unfair! And it's my fault!" Seulgi cried, her voice breaking at the last sentence.

"Imagine how Chungha and Taeyong must be feeling right now," she then spoke softly, getting a hold of her tears. "If I wasn't so selfish and greedy for success I wouldn't have gotten involved in the dating scandal and none of this would have happened."

"If Taeyong wasn't so reckless none of this would have happened," Sooyoung told her, sounding stern. She just couldn't stand the fact that her best friend was sad about a stupid mistake that a stupid guy had made.

"But he shouldn't have to be careful, Sooyoung. Chungha is his real girlfriend, since a long time ago. And I'm standing in their way of a happy relationship."

"Seulgi," Sooyoung whispered and Seulgi lowered her eyes. "Listen to me, okay?"

Seulgi crossed her arms and looked back at Sooyoung before brushing a small piece of hair out of her face.

"Taeyong was the one who suggested that you two continue with the fake relationship. He was the one who visited Chungha without being careful, when he knew you two still were in that relationship. It was his fault to get caught during this time," Sooyoung told her and Seulgi shut her eyes closed.

"None of this is your fault. You have done nothing wrong."

"What should I do now then? Just let the hate against them continue? It's hate that they don't deserve, it's not fair. I can stop that, I just have to post a picture and write something, like he did for me before." Seulgi stated.

"Seulgi, sometimes you have to care for yourself before you can care about others. And this is now Chungha and Taeyong's problem, not yours. It's best if you don't do anything that attracts attention." Sooyoung then said, causing Seulgi to feel surprised, or rather disappointed.

"So I should just sit back and let the hate eat them up alive? Who knows what it can lead to?" she raised her voice, feeling angry all of a sudden.

"Seulgi some people are strong enough not to fall into depression because of hate from people they don't even know!" Sooyoung hissed at her, before immediately widening her eyes, realising what words had just escaped her stupid mouth.

"Seulgi I'm so sorry you know I didn't mean it tha-"

"Wow," Seulgi plastered on a fake smile. "Well I'm sorry I care for other people, Sooyoung."

Seulgi rubbed her temples and ran her hand through her hair before walking back to the living room, letting her body fall into the pile of soft pillows on the sofa.

"Seulgi, I am sorry. I did not mean it like that," Sooyoung came running from the kitchen.

"Then what do you mean?" Seulgi stared blankly at the black TV screen, her voice was flat. Sooyoung sighed as she sat down on the sofa, right beside her.

"I hate seeing you blame yourself for things other people did and I don't want to see you being too harsh on yourself all the time. This new scandal is Taeyong's own fault, let him handle it and let him care about it." Sooyoung explained. "I mean did he care about you when your scandal came out and people were hating on you, and not him? Did he care, Seulgi? Even if he was involved, did he care?"

"No... But-"

"No buts, Seulgi. He did not care about you for a long time and he hurt you even more," Sooyoung reminded her. "Do you understand now why I don't want you to blame yourself for something he did? I know it's in the past already and that you two figured it out, but still."

Seulgi bit her lower lip and inhaled the humid air before exhaling it loudly. "Alright" she murmured. "I know what you mean."

Sooyoung looked at Seulgi with pity. "It's good to care about people but you need to look after yourself too."

"Yeah."

Silence filled the air and Seulgi continued to stare at the black screen and Sooyoung pouted her lips a little bit before leaning forward, resting her head in her hands.

"I know you're probably mad at me now because I'm telling you what you should and shouldn't do instead of just comforting and telling you that it's okay and that everything is going to be fine... But you need to know that I have to be realistic too," Sooyoung then told Seulgi who sighed once more.

"I know, that's why I'm mad," she said. "The truth always hurts."

"Listen, I really believe that Taeyong cares about you now and that you have a great friendship. But he and Chungha will get through this, you don't have to worry about that."

"You're always so honest and right," Seulgi whined before smiling slightly.

"As it should be," Sooyoung laughed and reached out for Seulgi's hand, grabbing it gently. "And we will get through this together too."

"I can never stay mad at you for long, can I?" Seulgi joked and Sooyoung gave her a teasing smile.

"Never." She stated proudly and hugged her, reassuring her again that it wasn't her fault.

--------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hello everyone!

How are you guys? I hope you are all fine and that you are staying healthy :)
Now that it is summer break, I hope to update regularly, like about every/every other week, perhaps? I am already constructing the next chapter so I'm hoping to update in a week or so, and I promise that there are going to be some more interactions between Taeyong and Seulgi and more dialouges instead of just their thoughts XD.  

Love, Somini

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 546 25
Red Velvet's seulgi becomes an MC for music shows along with her bully NCT's Taeyong. As they started to work together more often Taeyong started to...
10.2K 214 33
I looked over to Taehyung as the interview began but, he just ignored my stare. And at that moment I realized something. Taehyung is scared that the...
4.9K 95 20
Seulgi was an idol who feel in love with someone who she was never supposed to be inlove with. will seulgi cope with the pain or will she risk her c...
4.3K 191 16
Nothing is worse than secrets and lies. Everything seemed to be perfect. My relationship with my boyfriend, my job, my whole life. But then he came i...