The Bad Boy and My Cookie

By ElaBearXx

I crossed my arms defiantly,"Listen here buddy, you either give back what's mine or we do this the hard way,"... More

P r e f a c e
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
ANNOUNCEMENT
XXIII.
XXIV
XXV
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX
XL.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
XLIV.
XLV.
XLVI.
XLVII.
XLVIII.
XLIX
L.
Epilogue

XXXIII.

15.8K 932 256
By ElaBearXx

Chapter 33: Hug

I

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

One minute, I was screaming and the next I  was being shaken up wildly by someone. The side of my head was pounding and my left arm felt sore.

"Open your fcking eyes boo! You can't die on me yet. The ship hasn't even reached the destination yet!" Ark's panicked voice greeted my ears.

I opened my eyes, the harsh lighting tempting me to close my eyes again."Ark? What happened?"

Ark had her hands around my shoulders and half of my body was mid-shake in the air. I frowned taking in the distressed look on her face.

I looked away from her, glancing at the room where were both in. It was familiar but I couldn't exactly remember how.

Jessica flipped a switch on at my question and the events from earlier came crashing into me. The party. Tequila shots. V passing out. Anni–SHIT.

My body jerked up in realization."Annie. S-She was stabbed and she fainted and I fainted! Is she okay? Where is she? Where am I? Shit. My head is pounding." I rambled, feeling the slight pound from earlier intensify.

What happened? Why did she get stabbed? Why the fricking knick knock did I faint? What if I got stabbed while I was unconscio—

Breathe, Jessica piped in. I bit my lip, taking a deep breath to try and calm myself down. Panicking would do no good and I might end up fainting again.

Told you I don't do well with pressure and surprises.

Ark stood up from her bent state, her arms falling swiftly to her side."Calm down Ellie, we're in one of V's guest room and Annie's safe. The knife didn't hit anything serious and Dr. Loop patched her wound up." She explained.

"Who's Dr. Loop?" I asked, craning my neck up slightly to meet her gaze.

"He's the private doctor that works for the gang. He checked on you earlier too, good thing you didn't bang your head pretty hard when you fainted on the streets." Ark said.

I remember Alec mentioning one time that they had their own private doctor for the gang because surely the hospital would ask questions.

"I see, so who found us? Wait, Valentino's okay right?" I pulled the blankets away from me and noticed I was changed into a loose shirt and boxers.

"V's okay and girl, it was Jayden and I who found you both." Ark shook her head gently at the memory.

I stood up from the bed, my legs feeling wobbly for a second."Really? Where's the pack of skittles?"

"They're downstairs and have been trying to find out who stabbed Annie for a few hours now." She answered."Connor arrived thirty minutes ago," Ark added in.

I nodded quietly and started to make my way towards the door but was stopped when Ark placed a hand on my arm,

She bit her lip."I have to warn you boo, Alec isn't in his best mood. He punched the car window earlier when he saw you unconscious and bloodied." Ark revealed, her eyes holding concern.

A frown slipped into my lips at her revelation. Why did he have to be a dramatic queen and do that? Now he's hurt and its my fault.

"It can't be that bad, let's go." That only earned a shrug from Ark and followed suit after me.

When we reached downstairs, I was greeted by the sight of Jayden and Connor completely focused on the screen of their laptops and was typing furiously.

They were sitting on the ground and had their laptops on the glass table. I sure hope they find out who did it to her. I couldn't imagine the pain Annie had gone through.

The clock on the wall read 1:30 A.M and neither of them looked tired but rather determined and focused.

The light in the kitchen was on and I could make out Valentino's voice talking to someone and the smell of cooking wafted in the air.

Jayden glanced up from his screen and looked at me."Happy to see you're okay Haven. Alec went upstairs to check on Annie." He said before glancing at Ark who made her way to his side.

I gave him a small smile before turning around and making my way back upstairs. I didn't know why but I felt dejected that he checked up on Annie and not me.

Yes, I'm fully aware that I sounded like a needy child. I'm sorry.

I was looking down while I walked, my eyes taking in how weird my big toe looked. I bumped straight into a wall and winced.

Rubbing the spot where I got hit, I glanced up and felt my breath caught up when I was greeted by Alec's figure.

"Are you alright?" My heart should've bounced at his voice but it made me frown instead. It sounded cold and devoid of any feelings.

"I'm okay. How's Annie doing?" I asked, glancing briefly to his bandaged knuckles before bringing my eyes up to meet his.

I grew confused, this wasn't the Alec I was familiar with. He stood completely tensed and if it were any day, I probably would've drooled at his muscles.

Alec looked away, turning to look at the wall."She's alive but still unconscious. Todd's with her. You should get some rest," He said briefly before moving pass me.

I didn't let him though, I'm not letting him walk away when it was clear that he had a problem going on.

"What's wrong Alec? Why are you being so withdrawn?" I asked, trying to meet his gaze.

Alec continued to look straight ahead of him, his hands fisted to his side."I think we should stop seeing each other." He suddenly said.

I took a step back in surprise, my heart dropping at his words before I quickly composed myself and threw a glare at him.

"Whatever you're thinking, this is not the solution. Pushing me away and acting cold is not the answer I was hoping to get from you Alec." I stated firmly, crossing my arms across my chest.

Alec's cold demeanor didn't waver, not even one bit."Goodnight Ellie." He simply said before I pushed him back angrily.

"You think I can sleep when you're showing me that shitty ass attitude of yours? Of course not." I snapped, glaring at him.

Alec seemed to have enough and a scowled graced his features."Don't you get it? That could have been you Ellie! No, I'm not letting you stay with me just to see you end up getting hurt like that."

We're back to this again? I'm getting pissed at how he always does the decision making between us when he could've talk to me like a normal being would do.

"That's not your decision to make. If I want to stay then I'll stay." I argued back.

Alec closed his eyes briefly, letting out a tired sigh. I took in his defeated state with his hair looking like it had been ran through in frustration and his shoulders were slumped slightly.

"Fine, if you want to be that way then go ahead. I'll be gone as soon as the sun rises." I muttered, stepping aside and walking away.

I couldn't help but slam the door in frustration. Great, from the way we were arguing earlier, everyone might've heard our argument.

Can it be even called an argument when I was the only one arguing? My shoulders slumped, glancing at the bed that awaited me.

I knew sleep wouldn't come to me, not when my thoughts were in a mess. I made my way towards the couch instead and sat on it with a sight.

After everything, he pulls this shit with me again? I scoffed, leaning my head back against the couch and stared at the plain white ceiling.

I knew he's just doing this because he wants to protect me but when will he ever realize that I'm only truly safe when I'm with him? or when I'm at my own house of course.

Nobody would dare commit a crime at a house of a cop well, unless they have a death wish. I closed my eyes, feeling angry and hurt at the same time.

A knock resonated in the quiet room, my eyes opening at the sound of the door opening and I found myself glancing at Valentino's head peering in through the gap of the opened door.

"Mind if I come in and have a little chat with you?" He asked, a soft grin etched on his lips.

I nodded, patting the seat next to me gently. I closed my eyes again feeling the couch dipped slightly at his weight.

"Thank blues you agreed, that would've been so awkward if you said no." Valentino said, letting out a slight chuckle.

I cracked a small smile."Good thing I didn't then." I answered, opening my eyes and to look at him.

V snorted, waving his hand off at me."I'm guessing that you want to punch the hell out of Alec right now?" He asked, changing the subject.

My smile dropped, looking away to stare at my hand instead."I want to smack his head against the wall. He's back to being his dumb ass ways." I grumbled.

V nodded profusely, a strand of hair falling on his forehead before he pushed it back."Chase can be that wall and we all agree with you. We all know you're much safer being with him sweet chick."

I shrugged."Doesn't matter now. He wants us to stop seeing one another." I revealed, a sad undertone on my voice.

"That wet sock," Valentino sighed."I'm sorry for his idiocy sweet chick. I'll make sure give him an earful later on." He promised, offering me a smile.

I shook my head."Let him be Val. I'm done fighting him with the same shit. If every time danger comes sailing on us and he'll choose to do this then I guess we're better off on our own." I told him.

That's the right thing to do. I can't be with someone who can't trust their self enough to protect me.

I can see the self-doubt in Alec eyes sometimes. He's scared that he can't be strong enough to be able to protect me. I was aware of the cons in seeing him and I knew it plagued his mind every time.

There's always an internal battle going on with himself. I knew it and I could feel it when randomly pull me in for a tight hug or when he'd ask me if I was okay all of a sudden.

"Alec's been showing you his low IQ so far but believe me that he's smarter than he portrays. This is just new territory for him you know?" Val said, glancing at me.

"New territory?" I questioned."What do you mean by that?"

Valentino crossed his leg against the other, leaning back more comfortably against the couch.

"Its the first time Alec let someone in his heart. You know his past and the shit he'd gone through. He's scared of losing someone precious and right now, you are the most precious to him." Val explained, his tone somber.

I nodded softly, my heart thudding painfully at his words."He never fails to show me that V, how precious I am to him."

Every single day with him was a new chapter of memories. Ever since I agreed for him to court me, he never failed to make sure I was happy and contented.

"Alec is like a brother to me sweet chick and I can't just stand by and let his idiocy lose the girl who's most precious to him because of it." Val softly said, his green eyes portraying the love for his friend.

"You're a good friend V, he's lucky to have you guys by his side." I replied.

Val gave me a warm smile."This might be selfish of me to ask but can you talk to him tomorrow before you go? Just one more time." Val said, a certain plead to his voice.

"I will V." I nodded, a smile slipping into my lips. Who could deny him when he's being such a good friend?

V beamed at me, letting out a small yawn in the process."Thank you Ellie, well, I better let you get some rest." He stood up.

I took a hold of his wrist gently, making him stop."Thank you for the talk V. I truly appreciate it." I softly said.

V grinned, letting out a short chuckle."Your welcome sweet chick. No matter what happens between you and Alec, you still remain our friend." He said before walking out.

My heart felt completely lighter than before. I rested my head on the couch rest, a genuine smile on my lips.

Whatever happens tomorrow, my heart is assured that Alec would always have his friends with him and that is enough reason for me to sleep soundly.

I woke up to someone gently stroking my hair. I opened my eyes and was greeted by complete darkness but I could make out a figure's head in front of me.

I glanced at the empty bed in confusion before realizing that I fell asleep on the couch. My head was gently resting on a pillow and a blanket was thrown on me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, turning my attention back to the culprit who woke me.

Alec was sitting on the floor in front of me. He had his head down, his eyes on his twiddling fingers that now sat on his lap.

I could make out his shirtless form and the loose basketball shorts that he wore. He had socks on which was a surprise since he doesn't like using then unless he's wearing shoes.

"I'm sorry," He uttered softly.

"Louder please," I said, daring him to say those words again.

"I'm sorry Ellie," He repeated, his voice louder this time. Alec glanced up, my eyes widening when I took in his eyes.

Alec must've took my silence as a rejection before he looked down again. A tear fell on his hand this time before he sniffled softly.

"I-I'm sorry Ellie. I didn't mean what I said, I was just scared and I—please don't go." He stammered, fisting his hands gently.

My heart ached, hearing Alec sound so desperate. A loud sob wretched from within him and before I knew it, I was kneeling beside him and hugging him tightly.

He wrapped both his arms around my waist tightly, my hand gently cradling the back of his head as he nestled his head on the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please don't leave me. I can't lose you. Not you too Ellie." He repeated softly, his voice laced with panic.

I could feel his tears sliding down on my neck. I bit my lip, feeling completely heartbroken at the broken guy before me.

I ran my other hand gently across his back, letting him feel my warmth."Shh, I'm not going anywhere Alec. I'm here, Ellie's here." I murmured in his ear.

Alec continued to mumbled panicked words in my neck. His cries were heart-wrenching. It was the type of cry that you could relate with.

While he was crying his heart out, I did my best to reel my own set of tears in. He was falling apart and I have to be strong enough to pick the pieces for him.

Nothing hurts more than seeing the person you care break down.

"Go ahead love, just cry it all out. I'll never leave you. I promise that." I said, my voice thick with emotion.

I didn't know how long we stayed like that, wrapped in each other's comfort. The warmth of one another offering the reassurance that he needed. That I needed.

He's okay. I'm okay. We're gonna be okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 46.5K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
1.3M 35.2K 42
"You make me want to do things to you." He mumbles, his brown eyes never straying from mine. "What?" I whisper, nervous yet at the same time my hear...
1.2M 32.6K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
390K 16.4K 26
She didn't reply and I felt her finger move across my skin, lower, and almost all the way down my lower back. A shiver coursed through my body, stran...