The Thoughts Between Us // CH...

By HumanVariant

Covers 13 REASONS WHY : SEASON 4 Previously called 'Don't Break My Heart'. [Not just a Love Story.] What if i... More

•WELCOME•
One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven

Two

1K 34 15
By HumanVariant

Alex

"Where are you sneaking off too?" I interrupted Peter's plans of exiting the house without anyone's knowing. I was in the living room, continuosly calling Zach, when I saw my brother.

"Shh." He shushed, and looked around to see if anyone else was around. "I thought you were going out."

"I am." I replied, gesturing to the fact that I was already wearing my jacket. "Just waiting for a friend."

He nodded, and looked like he was in a hurry to get out of the house.

"So, where are you exactly sneaking off to?" I asked him again, as he looked guilty.

"Don't tell Mom or Dad, but I haven't brought their Christmas presents yet." He admitted, and I couldn't helped but chuckled at him.

"Seriously, Peter? You forgot to buy presents?"

"Yeah, I know." He said, grimacing to himself. "I'm already feeling guilty enough. That's why I was going to the mall."

I couldn't believe that my brother actually forgot the Christmas gifts, given that I already brought mine nearly two weeks ago.

To tell the truth, I bought the gifts because I was already at the mall and Zach had stood me up, again.

Like he was doing at the very moment.

I saw the car keys in Peter's hand, and knew I should atleast take advantage of this.

"I need a favour." I said, as he looked at me with confusion. "I need you to drive me to a friend's house. Like, right now. Or else I'm pretty sure Mom would be interested to hear about your Christmas gifts for us."

He knew I had him, that's why with an annoyed look on his face he just gestured me to follow.

I smirked to myself. Victory.

Shooting a quick text to Zach, I followed my brother to his car and got in the passenger seat.

I gave him the address to Clay's house, and he started the car giving me a confused look.

"You aren't going to Tyler's today?" Peter asked, as I gave him a questioning look. "Mom said you've been spending time at his house."

Trust Mom to tell him everything about me, even if he just returned from college yesterday.

"Justin's coming back today." I replied. "He was in rehab, so we all are meeting to welcome him."

He nodded, and to avoid any further chat I started the music player. A Bleachers song was playing and we both sat in silence.

It has been weeks since we all met. After we framed Monty, everyone knew it wouldn't be safe to be seen together in school. Only 2-3 of us kept meeting each other. Then there were exams and we all got busy.

I started to spend my time with Tyler, because he needed us, and after the whole tapes thing last year we both became good friends.

Also, because Zach has been ditching me. I actually don't know what's up with Zach, he just seemed to not care anymore. But I still cared about him, as he cared for me when I was a cripple, a person who tried to kill himself.

Along with Tyler, I got to know Charlie. He also testified against Monty, and that was a brave thing to do seeing Monty always thought of him as a brother.

Charlie was 2 years younger than us, but after Zach hurted his knee and Monty got arrested, the coach made him the football team captain. He was a nice guy, as unexpectedly that can be, seeing he was one of 'jocks' before everything happened with Bryce and Monty.

But Tyler trusted Charlie, so I never had a problem with him. And after yesterday, I kind of feel guilty that I snapped at him.

After returning home yesterday, I realised that there was no need for me to talk with him like that. Even if he doesn't understand everything, he is always there for everyone. Trying to help people even if he don't owe them.

Hell, he had even helped us cover up a murder.

I knew I needed to apologise. Today.

As Peter stopped the car outside the Jensen's, I noticed there was Jessica's car and Tony's Mustang parked outside on the road side.

Atleast, I wasn't late.

Saying goodbye to my brother, I got out of his car and he continued his way towards the mall.

I made my way to the the back of the main house, where the Outhouse of the Jensen's was. They had converted it into a bedroom for Clay and Justin after they adopted the latter. It also had a small kitchen area and bathroom in it.

"Finally! Someone else has decided to show up." Jessica exclaimed, as soon as I walked through the door. "You are late."

"Hello to you too." I said sarcastically, as I sat on the stool. Tony patted my shoulder, as Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Where's Zach?" She asked, as she noticed I was alone. "I thought he would be with you."

"Honestly, I don't know." I informed them. "He isn't picking my calls, so I just messaged him."

"Whatever." Jessica stated.

It was quite clear that Jessica was nervous and also excited. Her face was saying it all. I'm pretty sure she must have cleaned the room too, and then hung up all the garlands, balloons and the big banner which was saying 'Welcome Home Justin! We Missed You.'

But why does the banner had a rainbow on it?

On seeing all this, the old Alex would have felt jealous. He would have never understood why Jessica was choosing Justin over him. But that Alex was in the past now. Because I didn't feel like that anymore. I was way over my feelings for her.

Besides, I wanted the best for Jessica, and if she's happy with Justin then I should be happy for her.

I am happy for her.

As I was observing the cleaned room and the decorations Jessica had put up, someone else came joined us.

"Hey, everyone." Charlie greeted each of us with a smile. "Happy Christmas Eve! I brought cookies."

I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who thought this was weird. No one else has brought anything to eat, as Clay's father was going to bring pizza, but here was Charlie with his cookies and wishing Christmas Eve.

He was even wearing a red knitted Christmas jacket, whereas all of us were just wearing some brand jackets.

This guy was serious about Christmas.

Before Jessica could say anything, Tony was the one to grab the cookies from Charlie's hands.

"Thanks, Charlie! I'm pretty sure everyone would like this cookies."

Charlie nodded and started roaming around the room, observing everything.

"Tyler was going to come with you, right?" I suddenly asked him, remembering their yesterday's conversation. "You were picking him up today."

"Oh, yeah." He replied, kind of shocked that I asked him something. "I messaged him as planned, but he said that Clay was with him. So I directly came here."

Tony, who was serving the cookies in a tray paused, as well as Jessica turned around from the window on hearing this.

We all had only one question.

Why was Clay with Tyler?

But before anyone of us could say anything, we heard car doors shutting.

"Car coming, Justin's here." Jessica said, forgetting about everything else and gesturing Tony towards the banner. "C'mon, everyone, under the banner. Let's go."

I stood up and moved towards the banner as she started scolding a confused Charlie.

"Jesus Christ, how fucking hard is it? Under the banner. Let's go."

"Okay." Charlie nodded, as he backed himself up under the banner.

"Hey, fucking smile. Okay?" She ordered me and put her arm around Tony.

We all gave bright smiles as the door opened and Clay walked in, followed by Tyler.

"Um, hi." Clay greeted us, as he and Tyler stopped.

They looked nervous.

"Fuck's sake." Jessica cursed again, as we all relaxed from our welcoming postures. "Where's the cake?"

"Uhm, I still need to get it." He stuttered, after glancing at Tyler first.

"Alright." Jessica nodded. "Stand down."

I started looking around the room again and as everyone took a seat, I too sat myself on Clay's bed.

Charlie nodded at me, and sat beside me.

I knew I should apologise, but I didn't wanted to do it infront of everyone, so I just started observing others.

Jessica was lost deep in her own thoughts, and Tony was already drinking coke, while leaning against the sofa.

I couldn't help but notice Tyler hasn't said a single word since coming here. He had just nodded at me before stopping and staring at the things kept in the shelves.

"All okay, Tyler?" I asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah, yeah, everything's okay." He tried assuring me, but it was clear that he was nervous.

Before I could ask him anything further, all of us heard a car engine turned off which broke Jessica's thought process.

"He's here!" She looked through the window first, then turned around and pointed at the banner. "Everyone, under the damn banner. Come on."

"Smile!" She gestured to all of us, with arms wide spread as we all took our places under the banner.

I stood beside Tony again, as Tyler got on the other side of me. Jessica sighed loudly, preparing herself.

"Welcome home!" We all shouted as the door opened, and none other than Zach Dempsey entered the house.

"Oh, I'm home!" Zach also shouted in return, making some weird shooting sounds as we all looked in disappointment. "No, I'm just kidding. It's for Justin, I know."

He chuckled to himself as he came further into the room. But now, Jessica was angry.

"You're late." She stated, stopping him.

"I know."

Oh shit, he was drunk.

"And, are you drunk?" Jessica asked, as we all settled down again to watch the drama.

"I, uh," He said, as he kept a hand on Jessica's shoulder. "May have pre-gamed. Yes."

Trust Zach to be drunk in the middle of the day.

Jessica shooked her head at him in disbelief. But Zach just passed by her and gave me and Charlie a smile.

"Oh, my god." She wasn't done yet, as she turned around to look at Zach again. "What the fuck is wrong with you? This is a dry party for a sober person."

She was clearly annoyed with him, but Zach was just ignoring her as if whatever she was saying wasn't true.

"Hey, get some mouth wash or something, c'mon." Jessica was actually pushing Zach now, but then he saw something more important on the table.

"Oh, cookies!" He exclaimed, as he took one from infront of Clay and started eating rightaway.

"Chili powder, secret ingredient." Charlie informed him from where he was sitting beside me.

"Oh, so fucking good."

Just then, the door opened again and this time it was Mrs. Jensen who entered, followed by Justin.

"We're here!" She greeted happily, as all of us got up and started clapping for him.

Justin looked good. He was nervously smiling, and kind of pleased that everyone of us were actually here to welcome him.

As Justin hugged Clay first, Mr. Jensen came with pizza boxes.

"Hope you kids brought your appetites." He said, looking at all of us. "Dig in."

It was kind of nice, hanging around together. Not discussing something illegal, for once.

We talked about sports, ate pizza and cake, and just chilled around. It actually felt good to be surrounded by all of them after everything.

But still, Tyler wasn't been his regular self. He was calm, but fidgeting too much, and giving small smiles to everyone. But that was not the normal Tyler.

Tony gave me a look, as he glanced at Tyler. Behind him, Clay and Ani were whispering, as both of them gave Tyler a glance too.

Something was wrong with Tyler.

×××××××××××××××××××××

So, what do you think so far?
Also, I would be posting 2 chapters every alternate days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.1K 1.7K 51
Y/n L/n was a normal girl living a normal life. She's got a group of amazing friends including Justin Foley, Jessica Davis, and Alex Standall. She's...
51.5K 854 22
Emmalee Andrews was Hannah Baker's best friend. They went through just about everything together, until the night of Jessica Davis's party. When Emma...
210K 3.6K 75
"So now you're kidnapping me, incredible Emily." "Yup, I'm kidnapping you." [13 Reasons Why] [Montgomery De La Cruz] [real life x social media]...
73.3K 2.4K 26
What if Monty didn't die? And what if he and Winston got a happy ending?