Our Sensational Future

By chonisloves

It's been 15 years since Cheryl and Toni have graduated high school and their lives couldn't be better. Two y... More

cast descriptions
a typical day
the trouble with tayleigh
Bonus Chapter- i love you so much evabear
more kids?
the newest editions
meeting the girls
dead mother's daughter
the photo album
what the night brings
the wake
tantrums, tantrums, tantrums
suggestion page
the road trip
i just want this to last forever
the christmas spirit
what christmas means to me
terrible sister?
promises
tayleigh's birthday
"i'm happy i get to be a big brother"
i'm leaving
we do it as a family
wedding bells
goodbyes
characters
the last 3 years
the suprise!
the sorta siblings
"you'll never be alone"
one step closer to home
finally home
catching up- part one
catching up- part 2
taken
the rescue mission
recovery and aftermath
park day
"just simply because i love you"
never want to grow up
together
gotcha day!
a fun lil game
power outages and would you rather
gender reveal!
we can't change the past
bonding time
would you like to be adopted?
jealousy
keep the ones you love close
meet our 3 new kids
despite everything
morning routine
new characters? middle names?
disney trip pt.1
disney trip pt.2
i made an insta account for this book!
disney trip pt.3
disney insta posts pt.1
disney insta posts pt.2
we all cry sometimes
waiting room
noah flynn jones
gifted
easter disaster
all about avani
"i'm the lucky one"
pre nationals
nationals day one pt. 1
important a/n
nationals day one pt. 2
nationals day two
fights and advice
cheryl's interview
adventures in babysitting
grace's family tree
the big graduation
forever family
christmas oneshot
SUPRISE

bruno the dog

345 9 13
By chonisloves

toni's pov

believe it or not, after aiden talked to me and the dance competition about getting a dog, i was actually really considering it. dogs are adorable and it would ultimately make the kids happy.

me and cheryl we're home from work today and i was sitting at the kitchen island while she was doing dishes.

"cher we need a dog." i say. she turns around and gives me a look. "we already have 11 animals living here." she jokes. "baaabe i'm not kidding. aiden asked for one." i say. "you want a dog because aiden asked you for one? wow that kids really got u wrapped his little finger huh?" she says.

"ok obviously it wouldn't just be for aiden. it would be for the whole family. and he actually gave really good reasons." i say. "like what?" she asks. "do you remember the second day of the dance competition? the morning of when all the girls were fighting?" i ask her. "yea." she says. "well he said that a dog would help bring our family together and we would all stop fighting." i explain.

"aw that is kind of sweet." she says. "i know right. and none of the kids are allergic or anything." i say. "are we ready for a dog though?" she asks. "our youngest kid is 5 and we've raised 11 amazing kids so far. we're more then ready for a dog babe." i say.

"can we at least get a big dog? this way it doesn't always yap and the twins can play rough with it." cheryl asks. "i guess we can yea." i say. "kk." she says. "well the kids are at school sooo can we go now?" i ask. "now?" she asks. "yes! and we can surprise the kids after school." i say practically begging. "fine." cheryl says.

"yesss! let's go to the shelter." i say and grab my keys. we go out to the car and i sit in the drivers seat. "we don't even know how to take care of a dog." she says and sits in the passenger seat. "you might not but i do. i had hot dog for awhile." i say. "whatever you say babe." she shrugs.

at the shelter

"hi what can i do for you two today?" the lady at the front desk asks. "hi we're actually looking to adopt a dog." i say. "oh that's great! we have so many abandoned dogs that need homes. our expert theo can show you around the shelter and take you to where the dogs are." she says nicely.

"hi ladies i'm theo." a man says. "hi theo." cheryl says. "if you'd follow me through these doors i'll show you around." he says and me and cher follow him.

"so when you first walk in here we have a few brand new kittens that just got brought in last night. they were actually found underneath park benches in a box." he says. "aw that's awful." i say. "yea it's heartbreaking. hopefully someone can adopt them soon. but for you ladies your looking for a dog correct?" he asks.

"yes we are." i say. "what kind of dog are you looking for?" he asks. "we want a bigger dog if possible. we also have a lot of kids so many one that's family friendly." cheryl says. "ok excellent. we actually have a lot of dogs in that category. you can follow me through these doors." he says and we follow.

there's a bunch of dogs in cages of all different breeds and sizes. "there are a ton of cute dogs and puppies in here but the bigger ones are towards the back." he says and we keep walking. "i have 3 options that i think would be perfect for you guys." he says. "ok." i say.

"this dog right here is a black lab. she is 5 years old and we found her as a puppy. her name is shiloh and she's very well behaved." he says and points to a cage. "aw hi girly." i say and pet her through the cage.

"the second one is a puppy we actually just got a few weeks ago. it's a boy but he doesn't have a name yet. i know he looks small right now but he's a golden retriever so he's going to grow up to be a huge dog. he's still a puppy now though so he's very hyper." theo says and points to another cage. "he's very cute." cheryl says.

"and this last one is a 3 year old golden doodle. he's very active and loves to play but he also loves cuddles. his name is bruno." he says and my heart melts the second i lay eyes on this dog. "oh my god he is precious." i say.

"i know he's one of my favorites here." theo laughs. "babe we have to get him." cheryl says. "i'm glad you said that because i really want him too." i say. "i can take him outside and you guys can get to play and run around with him." theo says and we both nod.

theo takes us and bruno into an outdoor play space and takes bruno's leash off. i pick up a toy that was on the ground and throw it. "go get it boy!" i say and bruno immediately runs to pick up the toy in his mouth and brings it back to me. "good boy!" i say and pet his fur.

"wow he's really well trained." cheryl says. "yea he's 3 and he's been here for awhile. he's actually already potty trained too." theo says. "win win for us." i laugh. "definitely. you guys picked a good one. bruno is one of the best dogs we have here." theo says.

"aww so we're actually allowed to keep him?" cheryl asks. "yea of course! he's all yours if you want him." theo says. "we want him." i say and smile while petting bruno. "alright great! i'll take you back inside and we can fill out forms and get everything ready."

theo says and we all go back inside. after all the papers are signed and everything is taken care of we're able to take bruno home.

"bye ladies! i hope you have fun with bruno!" theo says and waves. "thank you so much for your help today." i say. "my pleasure. have a great day." theo says. "you too." cher says and we walk out of the shelter with bruno on his leash.

cheryl sits in the drivers seat and i sit in the back seat with our new dog on his first car ride home. we stopped at petco first and got all the essentials for bruno like food, toys, blankets, a bed, and treats.

we get home and we set up all of the dogs stuff in the living room. i decided to ask jughead if we could take juniper, dagwood, and cora for the rest of the day so they could meet bruno.

on text

t: hey jug i was just wondering if we could take cora, june, and dag for the night?
j: yea of course. any specific reason?
t: actually yea. you prob won't even believe me when i say it
j: omg are u having another kid?!
t: god no 😂 but we got a dog
j: a dog?! holy shit. picture?
t:

j: ok it's adorable and i approve
t: i'm glad. can you text juniper or dagwood and just tell them to get off at our bus stop?
j: sure. have fun with your new dog lol
t: thanks jug. we will

off text

"i texted jughead. he's gonna tell juniper and dagwood to get off at our bus stop." i say. "alright great." cher says while playing with bruno.

2 hours later

all the kids came home on the bus and called out that they were home when they came inside. "we're in the living room!" i called out.

they all came in and were completely shocked to see that we had a dog sitting on our floor. "mama you got us a dog!" aiden screams. "i did buddy." i laugh. "what's his name?" ella asks. "bruno." cheryl says. "he's so cute!" juniper gushes.

all the kids are petting and kissing him. "what kind of dog is he?" angelica asks. "he's a goldendoodle." i say. "do you guys love him?" cheryl asks. "is that even a question?! of course we do." evi says with the biggest smile on her face. "

he's precious but um why is he here?" liam asks and i laugh. "well a few months ago aiden was telling me how much a dog could benefit our family and make everyone grow closer." i say. "see i'm smart." aiden says. "i cant believe we actually have a dog." brandon says.

"he is so adorable." dagwood says. "well i'm glad you all like him." cheryl says. "more then like. i love love love him". cora says. "best surprise ever." grace says.

"do you guys want to go play with him outside?" i ask. "yes!" aiden says and they all rush out the back door with bruno. me and cheryl follow behind them and watch as they all go crazy over a dog.

it was actually a really nice thing to see all the kids together and playing cohesively with bruno. maybe aiden was right. a dog is exactly what our family needed.

"we made the right choice didn't we tt?" cheryl says while we watch our kids play in the yard. "definitely my love." i say and we kiss.

A/n: only a few more chapters left of this book 🥺

Instas:

@Betty1Cooper

these girlies know how to have fun 🌊☀️
comments:
@jughead.jones- keeping us entertained as always
@cherylbombshell- little rays of sunshine
@sweet_pea- they are truly the best
@ronnie.lodge- today was a much needed beach day
@reggie.mantle- beach days are the best
@kevin.the.gay- yesss mini queens

@CherylBombshell

childhood friendship is the most beautiful memory that can't ever be replaced
comments:
@tiny.topaz- cora, vivi, and ev have the sweetest friendship ever
@betty1cooper- excuse me while i go cry
@archie.andrews- why are they so precious
@fangs.fogarty- simply no words. they are the cutest
@katie.fisher- beautiful princesses

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 647 38
AU in which Betty grew up with her abusive parents Alice and Hal cooper. Her brother and sister abandoned her. When she's 10 she decides to learn sel...
431K 10.7K 56
Betty... The perfect girl next door. A surfer. A soccer player. A mechanic. A writer. The perfect daughter. The perfect sister. But there is so much...
1.9K 95 26
A family returns to Riverdale after thirteen years. What was their reason for moving back home? Was Riverdale worth returning home to?
15.4K 80 38
Life changes within a blink. We don't even realize the consequences of time passing. After seven years the former core-four has to face their past mi...