The Unbreakable (Ghost #3)

Por Grimmy27

After an eventful year, Lia and Blake go back to college, eager to get away from everything. But they're not... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 2
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 34

4.1K 159 41
Por Grimmy27

Lia

I'm going to regret it. I'm definitely going to regret it.

It's the stupidest thing I could ever think of doing.

"We're here, baby." Blake says and I realize I've been too lost in thought to even notice we reached Gunner's clubhouse. He stops the car, but doesn't get out, instead turns to me with a concerned look. "What are you thinking, kitten?"

I turn in my seat to face him, taking a deep breath before speaking. "I'm going to do something... stupid and reckless. Something that might ruin everything."

"Jesus, Lia, don't scare me like that. What are you planning?" My words seem to worry him even more.

"I'll explain it all to you once I've arranged everything."

"I'd rather you told me now." He counters, cupping my cheek gently.

"Will you try to stop me? I really need to do this. It's the only way to catch that fucker." I frown. If Blake doesn't support me then I'll probably not do it.

"Of course not. I'll support you in everything, you know that." He smiles reassuringly. I sigh in relief at this. My sweet Cakey. How did I get so lucky to get a man as supportive and understanding as him?

"Thank you baby." I lean to give him a kiss. "I'll tell you everything later."

"Okay." He gives me last peck then we get out of the car.

As we drag our baggage to the clubhouse, we're met by frenzied Bone rushing outside. "Oh god, Lia! Gunner told us what happened. Are you okay?" He frantically asks, cupping my face and checking me for injuries before pulling me in a bear hug.

"Bone, let me breathe. – I chuckle – I'm okay. We weren't there when it happened. We just saw the outcome." I tell him before sighing quietly. "I need to talk to Gunner, is he in?"

"Sure, he's in his office. He's trying to find out how that fucker got through the security and no one saw him..."

"Okay. – I nod then turn to Blake – I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?"

"Of course, baby."

"Come, I'll show you your room." Bone takes my bag and gestures at Blake to follow him while I go towards Gunner's office.

"What happened to the one we used to stay at?" Blake questions curiously as they walk downstairs.

"We have two new whores staying there."

"Disgusting." Blake's grumble and Bone's laughter are the last thing I hear.

I knock on Gunner's door then walk inside when I hear him call out a gruff 'come in'. "Hey Gunner."

"Oh, hi sis. I already sent the guys to your place, it'll be back to normal before tomorrow."

"Thanks. What about Razor?" I sit in the armchair in front of him, leaning my arms on my knees. Razor needs a proper burial, I also need to find his family and tell them about his death.

"He'll be buried properly. I already have Geek on his computer, looking for Razor's family members that need to be notified, then I'm going to arrange the funeral."

"Thank you."

"Now, what do you want to talk to me about? I know you're here for a reason." Gunner reads me perfectly, but I'm not surprised. He's really observant.

"I need to do something. It's stupid and can have terrible consequences, but it's the only thing I could think of to get that son of a bitch."

"I don't like where this is going..." I can tell Gunner's feeling apprehensive already.

"Can you support me? As Ghost?"

"You mean, you want to come clean about your relation with the club? Sure, I don't see why not. It could bring a lot of business for us if people find out we're associated with you." He chuckles, easing the tension considerably.

"So I can count on you?"

"Of course! But what are you planning?"

"Something stupid, I already told you." I smirk teasingly. "Once I've arranged everything, I'll tell you what I need from you. I hope you agree."

"Why can't you tell me now?"

"Because I still don't know everything..."

"Damn it woman, I'm going to end up with grey hairs because of you." Gunner grumbles, running his hand through his hair tiredly.

"Sorry." I shrug. "I got to go now, I have a lot to do." I get up from my seat and go to the door.

"Wait! Fuck, I almost forgot! I have a surprise for you." I turn at the excited tone of his voice, intrigued. Lately I've had enough surprises to last me a lifetime and I'm not sure I want any more of them.

"What is it, Gunner? I'm not exactly fond of surprises right now." I tentatively warn him. After the 'surprise' Blake and I found at our apartment, I'd rather avoid getting another panic attack. I barely stopped myself from breaking down earlier. Only the thought of revenge kept me sane. That, and the fact that Blake would be sad if I let the darkness consume me again.

"Don't you worry, sis. You'll like this one." The Prez pats my shoulder then leads me outside to the gym, where I first met with Razor. He died because of me and the fucker who killed him will pay for it with his life.

"Go on." Gunner pulls me out of my thoughts, motioning for me to walk inside.

"Gunner, the hell are you planning?"

"Just trust me, sister." He gently pushes me inside, giving me a reassuring grin.

As soon as I step in the gym, I stop dead in my tracks. There's a man sitting on the bench near the ring, unwrapping a tape from his hands.

"Aiden?!" I exclaim in pure shock at seeing him here, casually working out in the club's gym.

He snaps his head at me, staring at me for a moment before grinning happily. "Lia!" I'm too shocked to move at the moment, but Aiden doesn't even give me time to react. He comes to me and pulls me into a tight hug, spinning me around happily. "My little sister! How I missed you!" Tears fill my eyes at his admission. I'm actually taken aback by the realization that I missed him too. I met him once, but I already felt connected to him.

"I missed you too, brother." I croak into Aiden's shoulder as he twirls me around. After a while he sets me down, but doesn't take his arms from around me, still keeping me in his hug. "What are you doing here?" I ask curiously.

Aiden only grins at me then goes to the bench he was sitting on and picks something up. Then he shows me a cut, with a 'prospect' patch on it. "I told you we're going to stay nearby to be close to you." He smiles and I feel my eyes widen.

"You're prospecting here..."

"To be with my sister. Adrian is also here, he's working with Geek right now. Ashton has to finish his job so he won't be here for a while. But that's not important. I heard from Gunner what happened, little sis. How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine... I guess. – I shrug – I know that it may sound weird, but after the initial shock wore off, I just... I don't feel anything. I'm sad that Razor got killed because of me, but right now the only thought that goes through my head is revenge." I seethe.

Aiden doesn't say anything at first, just pulls me into a hug again. "Everything will be okay, little sister. You're not alone in this."

"I know. – I chuckle – The club is here, Blake is here, you're here and even my dad is coming..."

"See? You have such a big family." He smiles, pressing a brotherly kiss on my forehead. "We're here with you till the end."

"Don't say things like that. It's bad luck."

"I didn't know you were so superstitious." He teases.

"You'd be too if you were me." I state seriously.

After our exchange, Aiden decides that he needs a shower so he's going to go back to his room. I stare dumbfounded at him as he casually climbs the stairs, still stunned by his actions. He joined the club... for me. And even Adrian is here. I really have a great family.

It's a pity I have to disappoint them.

Two days later my dad arrives, absolutely frantic with worry and extremely protective. He hasn't left my side ever since he came here, just like my Cakey. He and I even skipped classes just to get over what happened. Razor got his funeral, but none of his family members attended it. The guys couldn't find the rest of Razor's body, which is why only his head was buried.

After the funeral, I asked for a meeting with the club.

I told them that I made all the arrangements I needed and I have everything ready. They're beyond anxious about my plan at this point, but they don't ask, knowing I don't want to reveal anything.

Not until it's done.

We're on our way to the Ring, where I have a fight tonight. I haven't explained what I'm going to do, but I think my Cakey already has the gist of it. He knows me better than anyone.

He understands what I'm trying to do, but he still supports my decision.

"Hello, Ghost!" The MC greets cheerfully when he notices me. I only give him a nod.

"Is everything ready?" I ask him in the British accent I'm using as Ghost.

"Of course. I have to say, we have almost 5 times more people tonight than usual!" He laughs, glancing around the packed arena. I'm actually impressed by how quickly the owner arranged it all.

"Announce the fight." I head to the cage, taking off my boots and jacket before entering. I don't have to wait for the MC for long, he's right behind me.

"Okay people!!! – he starts – Tonight is a special night! Our bloody queen, the Ghost, would like to announce something. I have no idea what it is, but it must be important if she's agreeing to fight three challengers right off the bat. Who's brave enough to face her?" He shouts into his microphone, but the only response is silence. "No one? Really? Ghost, it seems no one wants to fight you"

"What's the announcement?" Someone from the crowd asks.

"It's more of a favor. – I reply, already in my normal voice – But of course, not for free."

The MC looks even more excited when he hears this. "You hear it people?! Ghost has a favor! Come on, don't tell me no one wants to challenge our sweet fighter?" He taunts, getting a loud laugh from everyone.

I dare a glance at my men in the crowd. Both my Cakey and my dad are there, along with Gunner, Aiden and Rage. Blake gives me a reassuring nod and it's all I need.

I step to the middle of the ring and face the crowd. "You people have been watching my fights for over a year! You've cheered for me during my each and every fight! You've watched me hurt and get hurt and you still supported me! Now, I need you to support me again!" I take a deep breath and slowly pull off my wig I got specifically for this occasion so I don't have to dye my hair. Then I take out my contacts, ignoring the cheers and excited screams from the crowd.

The last step is the mask.

I hesitate for a brief moment before finally taking it off. When my face is finally bare, I show it to the people around me, turning around in my spot so that everyone sees me.

When I realize the people around me are too loud to hear me, I raise my arm. I'm genuinely shocked when they quiet down immediately at my gesture.

"Girl, you're hot!" One of the guys in the front shouts, whistling at me.

"Thanks, but I didn't ask you all to come here just to show my face to you." I turn to the audience again. "My name is Lia Clarke! I have been fighting under the alias of Ghost for few years now, but I needed to show you myself so you take me seriously. Can you help me?!"

"ANYTIME GORGEOUS!" Someone yells, making everyone cheer. I settle for a grateful smile.

"Each of you was given an envelope when you entered the building and you were told not to open it until the time comes. Now is the time. – I instruct then watch as they get out their packets and pull out the pictures prepared for them – The man in the picture is called Patrick Rother! – yeah, I know his name finally. Adrian hacked into the police archives and dug it out for me – He hurt me when I was a child, scarring me for life. Those of you who are close to the ring can clearly see the scars on my back. They were made by that man.

When I was ten, I was raped by that man, whipped bloody and left to die. I didn't die, obviously, – the silence in the arena is deafening, only my voice can be heard – but that man is back. And he's coming after me. He's raided my home and killed the person who warned me about his plans. I need to make him pay, but all my efforts to find him were fruitless. I simply can't do it alone.

That's why I'm turning to you.

I'm offering 50 thousand dollars to the person who can tell me where this man is. I'll give 250 thousand dollars to the person who brings me that man. I'll double that if you can also bring me the person working with him. And I'll triple that if you can also tell me where he left the body of the man he killed."

I can see the shock on the faces of the men around me, while others look mad after seeing my back.

"Before you ask, I want this man alive. He's mine to punish."

A huge buff guy from the front row stares at me for a while then glances at the picture in his hand, then looks back at me. "Where should this man be delivered?" He asks loud enough for everyone to hear. I hear murmurs of agreement from many others before it gets quiet again.

I turn to Gunner, giving him an inquisitive look. Can I count on you?

Once he nods firmly, I turn my attention to the crowd, specifically the big guy in the front. "I have an agreement with the President of the San Francisco charter of Shadow Warriors Motorcycle Club. He agreed to help. If you find this man, you can either contact the club or me to tell me where he is. Once we got him, you'll get the 50 thousand. If you decide to bring him to me, you can deliver him alive to the Shadow Warriors. It's your choice to do this or not. I can't force you, I can't order you to do anything... But, as much as it pains me to admit it, I'm not strong enough on my own."

I catch Blake's worried gaze, but there's nothing I can do to take it all back.

I whip my head around the arena in pure shock when the crowd starts chanting my name. "Ghost! Ghost! Ghost! Ghost!" They yell over and over again, in perfect sync.

I did not expect this. At all.

A grateful smile appears on my face as tears fill my eyes. I bow in gratitude in every direction so the whole crowd can see me then walk out of the cage, quickly putting on my jacket and shoes. I go straight to Blake and the men part before me like the Red Sea.

Blake immediately pulls me into his arms, while dad only pats me on the head, saying how proud he is of me.

I was hiding my identity for years.

And after all this effort to stay hidden, I finally showed my face.

I just hope I don't regret it.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

3.3K 272 35
Skylar fights against her father for the death of her mother, but that fight might become the death of her. We always knew the time of sorrow would d...
117 10 35
A tragic event decimates a town, forcing Maya and her family to escape and later return years later Maya is confronted with unknown secrets and dece...
37.4K 3K 32
Sequel novella to You Are the Shell to My Tortoise ----- Nolan and Chelsea go through their first year in college as high school sweethearts, finding...
118 0 30
A young girl with a troubled life runs into someone she never thought she would. Love brings out secrets in one another but is brought to a halt...