Hocus Pocus // T. Stark

By Leentjekat

Hocus Pocus, həʊkəsˈpəʊkəs/noun *meaningless talk or activity, typically designed to trick someone or conceal... More

Hocus Pocus
Cast
The Avengers
I
II
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
The Wizarding World
Cast II
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
Epilogue

V

7.1K 248 52
By Leentjekat

Classical music echoes through the room, a small orchestra playing the beautiful sounds live. The huge room is full of people, all of them dressed in gala dresses and tuxedos. In said crowd stands a figure. The woman runs a hand through her low bun to check if her invisible earpiece was still hidden. While speaking with other guests she keeps her eyes focused, searching a certain god in the crowd. With a champagne glass in hand and a long sleeved black dress on her fair skinned body, Amelia was blending in flawlessly. She takes a sip of her glass, feeling the familiar weight of her wand holder shifting on her arm. Her backpack, changed into a small purse, rests on her hip. She had been here for about 15 minutes and she's only seen Loki once before losing sight of him. She sighs, giving a fake smile to the man who was currently talking to her. Then she spotted him, gazing down on top of a staircase. 

She looked away quickly, not wanting to let the god know that she has seen him. Now she just had to find out what he wanted. Risking a glance again, she saw that the god was looking at a man standing near a mic. 

'So he needs that man? Why?'

Catching eye contact with the man with a target on his back, she enters his mind. She only had a few seconds before the man by the microphone discontinued the link by looking away.

'A doctor, huh? What does Loki need from him?'

Amelia presses her earpiece, making it look like she is scratching behind his ear. She raises her glass to hide her mouth while speaking.

"Fury? I have reasons to believe that Loki is after a doctor in the crowd. His name is Heinrich Schafler. I am not sure why he needs him though."

"Can you get him out of there? We don't want innocent civilians to get hurt in the crossfire."  Fury was standing in front of a screen, seeing the museum through the cameras S.H.I.E.L.D had hacked. He had a clear view of Amelia in the crowd. Beside him stands another doctor, watching the surveillance with him. Bruce had decided to leave the lab to see how Steve would do. He didn't know what female Fury was speaking to, but he supposed that was good since that means that she blended in well.

"I don't know. I do know the doctor is supposed to give a speech tonight. Do I have permission to engage if necessary?"

"Wait it out for a moment. Do you have a plan to bring the doctor to safety?"

"I got a few but none of them are without risk." 

"Then keep waiting, the captain is there in about 10 minutes."

Amelia gazes at Loki once more, only to see him move closer to the staircase. Whatever he was going to do, he was going to do it soon.

"I don't think we have that time, Director. I'll try buying you some."

Not waiting for a reply she makes her way out of the crowd and behind a pillar in a blindspot of the camera's. She slides her wand out of her holder and changes her outfit with a quick flick. Her dress changing into a black and white tux with a matching top hat resting on her head. With a quick transfiguration spell she changed her champagne glass into a small back stick with white ends.

'This has to be one of the worst ideas ever.' Amelia thinks but she didn't have time to come up with something different.

She opens her purse, summoning a bundle of post it notes out of it. Using her wand, she writes something on it.

170 feet backwards

Activate with the word: Hocus Pocus

Another handy thing the Auror division made were these small portkeys disguised as post it notes. Sadly they are only able to take you maximum 600 feet far but they are useful on missions. If an auror is hurt and to weak to apparate, they could take one of these pre-written notes and use it to escape to a safer area. The down part of it was that you could only use feet and not a location, making it dangerous to use in a crowded area. So Amelia couldn't send it too far, not wanting the portkey to end up between a wall.

Passing a tall, empty table, she grabs the white tablecloth from it. Amelia sees the doctor Loki is targeting moving towards the mic. Speeding up her step, she moves the man away from the microphone. Standing in front of it herself.

'Here goes nothing.'

"Hello everyone! Guten tag! Welcome to this gala!" Amelia says in the microphone with a fake, overly enthusiastic smile on her face.

Back on the helicarrier Bruce looks at Fury with confusion. 

"I assume the woman by the mic is your spy on the inside. What's the plan of action?"

"I don't know. She found out who Loki's target is but she couldn't get him out without risk. She thinks Loki is going to strike soon and I suppose this will be her plan to buy us some time." Fury replied.

Phil walks into the room. 

"Stark is currently entering Germany. He should arrive at the scene in a few moments. He's been watching the feed of the museum with us. You should let Amelia know that backup is almost there." Agent Coulson said.

"I think she is a bit busy at the moment, agent Coulson." Fury replies while looking at the live screen footage of the gala, urging Phil to do the same.

Amelia was still smiling to the people, waiting for the applause to end before continuing speaking.

"Yes, thank you all for being here tonight! My name is Magic Mia and I am the opening act for today. Are you all ready to get entertained?!"

The applause was a little less sure this time and confused murmurs fill the room. Lia knew that the word magic caught Loki's attention so she needed to be quick. The god of mischief eyed the girl with curious eyes. He wasn't familiar with Midgardian gala's but from the confused looks on the peoples faces he knew that 'opening acts' were not common. He narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

"For my first trick I will need a volunteer and who better than our very own Heinrich Schafer. Give him an applause!" Amelia puts her arm behind the confused doctors back, guiding him next to her while sticking the sticky note on him.

"Mister Schafer here is going to do the impossible. He is going to disappear right in front of our eyes, isn't that just amazing!"

Fury smirks at the screen.

Loki's eyes widen and he starts moving towards the staircase.

Amelia laughs, "Now, I just put this tablecloth over my lovely assistant here and say the magic words while waving my black magic wand."

"1. 2. 3. Hocus pocus!" Amelia pulls the white cover away, grinning at the shocked gasps of the crowd as Heinrich wasn't seen under it.

Claps and cheers echo in the museum, only to be interrupted by an angry male voice.

Loki had made his way downstairs only to see the man disappear before his eyes. His hand tightens around his cane in anger.

"You call that magic?! I'll show you some real magic!" With a raise of his can his attire changed into his battle outfit. A gold helmet with two big horns, golden sleeves and a green cape replace the suit the furious man was wearing before. The walking cane in his hand transforms into the mighty and dangerous spear Amelia heard about. The witch gulps in slight fear. He storms through the crowd who parts for him like Mozes parted the sea. Loki points his spear at the magician in front of him.

"Where is the man?! Tell me or you shall feel MY WRAITH!"

'Okay, so now Amelia was completely terrified'

"Oh, would you look at the time! For my next trick, I'm going to make myself disappear! You were a lovely audience and I hope you all take cover and hide from the man with the spear."

Grabbing the Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder out of her pocket, she mentally thanks Fred and George for inventing it. A blue beam strikes in her direction. Her eyes widen and she throws the powder on the ground before apparating to the location she send Heinrich to, missing the beam just in time. 

Arriving at the end of a plaza, she sees nobody in sight, not even Heinrich.

"Merlin's pants!!" She curses.

"Amelia is doctor Heinrich safe?"

"No he's not on the spot where I send him too! He must have gone back to the gala."

She hurries back towards the museum, hiding behind a pillar on the outside. She sees Heinrich walking towards the entrance of the building.

"I found Heinrich!"

 She raises her wand to stop him but she was to late.

"Hey everybody! You won't guess where I-"

Schafer gets cut off by Loki who jumps on him, putting a metal thing on his eye. Lia can only watch in horror as she hears the doctor screams. Other guests run out of the building, sprinting to the stone plaza Amelia was just at. The screams of the people give her the time to talk to Fury without outing her hiding place.

"Nope never mind, forget what I said. I do not have Heinrich. Apparently Loki needed Heinrich's eye for something. Unless Loki likes stabbing people in the eye for no reason." Amelia winces, "but I mean overall my plan went okay, didn't it?"

Amelia could feel Fury's unamused glare through her earpiece.

Loki stands up, walking past a now invisible Amelia, to the guests that are standing together on the square. Police cars enter the streets only for Loki's spear to blow them away. 

"Kneel for me."

The crowd ignores him and continues running away only to run straight into other Loki's who appear all around the stone plaza, trapping the scared guests in the middle. He speaks up again.

"I SAID KNEEL!"

Everybody becomes quiet and kneels in front of the angry Norse god. Loki stretches his arms out in victory. A visious grin on his face. Amelia turns visible and sneaks off to Heinrich side, who was silently crying on the ground.

"I am so, so sorry." She whispers. "If it's any help, I know someone with one eye. He wears an eyepatch and he's, like, one of the most bad ass pirates on this planet. Don't tell him I said that though."

She begins chanting simple healing spells on his eye, keeping an eye out for Loki. When she fixed all that she could, she mutters "Obliviatedeleting the memory of this night out of his brain. As the man below her falls unconscious she looks back at Loki, who was in the middle of giving his speech.

"-It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."

Amelia sees an old man stand up in the crowd and the witch stands up, slowly sneaking towards the god of Mischief in case she needed to step in. 

"Not to men like you." The old man protests.

"There are no men like me." Loki hisses.

"There are always men like you."

"Look to your elder, people. Let them be an examp-"

He didn't finish his sentence, hearing silent footsteps behind him. Turning around and sees the poor excuse of a magician from earlier.

"Oh? You're still here?" Loki asked, patronizing her, "Do you have some more cheap tricks for us?"

"Only a few." And at that she throws her hat at the god, casting a wandless and non verbal bombarda at it, making it explode in Loki's face.

While he's distracted, she runs at him at full speed before jumping on his back. Lia puts one arm around his throat and her other over his eyes. Muttering a sticking charm, she holds on tight. Loki begins shaking, trying to throw her of his back. It was one particularly hard shake that removes her spell, causing Amelia to fly several feet away. She slides further away on the hard ground, the stones digging in her back.

She groans. Wishing for one of those healing potions that Ginny mentioned earlier.

"I guess the old man can wait, let's deal with your pathetic self first."

"I'm sorry, did you say something? I can't hear you over the ringing in my ears!" Amelia yells at him, unable to control the volume of her voice.

Amelia's vision remains unfocused. She tries to get up on her knees but the world spins. She feels Loki stand in front of her, can almost feel the energy of his staff as it points in her direction. Her mind was telling her to reach for her wand but was her own life really worth exposing the whole wizarding community? Loki doesn't give her time to decide and shoots in her direction. Amelia rolls to the side, barely missing the shot. He fires again and Amelia knows she won't be fast enough again. She slides her wand out of her holder and readies herself to utter a protection spell to deflect the beam, but someone is quicker.

The beam hits a red, blue and white shield causing it to get reflected back to Loki. Captain America had arrived at last.

Lia sighs in relief, slumping on the ground. 

"You know, the last time I was Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." Steve said, standing proud in his signature suit.

Loki stands up after the hit, "Ah, the soldier. A man out of time."

"I'm not the one out of time."

A small spaceship arrives in the sky. The guns from the ship facing Loki.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Natasha's voice sounds through the speakers of the jet.

The god of Mischief answers by firing a beam at the ship, Natasha only just being able to dodge it.

As the captain and Loki begin fighting, Lia grabs her purse before carefully summoning a health potion.

She swallows the potion making her vision slowly returning to normal. The pain in her back from the rough landing fades slowly as well. Hard, rock music appears out of nowhere, making Lia hold her still sensitive head. She looks up at the source and sees a red spot flying through the sky. A blast gets shot at Loki, making him fly back. The red spot, who turns out to be a red and yellow metal man, lands in a typical hero pose. Blue light shines from its eyes and chest. It raises its arms, making tons of little guns appear all over. A robotic voice comes out of it.

"Make your move, Reindeer games."

Amelia snickers, catching the attention of the America themed soldier. 

He moves over to her, reaching out a hand for her to take so he could help her up.

"Are you alright, Miss?"

Amelia takes his hand, letting him pull her up. She didn't expect his pull to be so hard, however, making her almost fly up. She lands with her arms against his chest, catching her balance.

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks." Amelia lets go of the man, patting him on the chest. "Now I can scratch 'fighting with a norse god' off my bucket list. Although I would first have to buy myself a bucket list, and then write it as an extra option because for some reason I don't think it will be an item in the standard edition." Amelia jokes.

"A bucketlist?" Steve questions her.

"Right, man from the forties. It's basically a 'to do list' with extreme things you want to do before you die."

Steve nods and purses his lips in thought, "Sounds joyful."

Loki vanishes his golden armor, raising his hands in defeat.

"Good move."

Captain America moves to stand next to Iron Man.

"Mr. Stark."

"Captain."

Natasha lands the jet on the ground, opening the door on the back. While Steve is tying Loki up, Iron Man walks over to Amelia.

He opens up his mask, revealing a man with a brown goatee. Amelia had seen his face on her report but the pictures don't do the man justice: the genius behind the suit was really attractive and he knew it. She hadn't heard from him before reading his file, which was strange since apparently he's a big deal in the muggle world. The confident smirk on his face shows that he thinks quite highly of himself.

"Magic Mia, it's an honor to meet you. I'm a big fan."

"Oh really?" Amelia asks with an eyebrow raised.

 "Yeah, I saw your little magic act. It was pretty decent."

Amelia scoffs to herself. He did not just call a witch a 'decent' magician. Time to bring down his ego a notch.

"I'm Amelia, Amelia Martin. And I'm sure you have seen better, I'm not a professional. But I'm glad you enjoyed the show." The witch smirks at the inside joke. "And who may you be?"

Tony raises his eyebrows in surprise, "Tony Stark; genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. Also known as Iron Man." He replies while gestures to his suit.

Amelia scratches her chin in pretend thought, "Hmm, I'm sorry. It doesn't ring a bell. I'm afraid I haven't heard of you before."

"Well, it's no matter. I'll make sure that you won't forget my name after this. I must say that you look stunning in that tux, Amelia." He grabs her hand, placing a kiss on top. His suit cold beneath her hand but his bearded face and lips are a nice warm contrast as they touch her.

Amelia fights back the red that threatens to betray her cheeks and clears her throat. She sees Steve awkwardly stand at a distance, not wanting to interrupt their conversation but silently urging them to come to the ship.

"Do you know what's even more stunning than me in a tuxedo?" Amelia flirts, batting her eyelashes while hovering a finger over the arc reactor of his metal suit, afraid that if she would touch the main part, Tony would shut down.

"Do tell." Tony eyes glaze over and his voice was deeper than before.

"My personality." She pats him lightly on the face before walking towards the ship, hearing Steve let out a surprised laugh as she leaves the frozen genius behind.

"Eavesdropping my conversation with mister big deal over there, Steve? Don't worry, I think we have bigger problems than my non-existing love life at the moment."

Steve laughs, "You're Amelia right? The friend Fury was talking about? I'm Steve Rogers." He says while walking towards the jet next to her.

"I am she, Amelia that is. I don't know what friend Fury was talking about, but since he hasn't got many it's a fair chance that it's me. Nice to meet you, Steve."

Steve blushes.

"Oh I'm sorry, I speak what I think, you know? I'm sure you aren't used to that, I reckon most people spoke more reserved and proper in the 40s, didn't they?" She hears the metal suit of Tony following them to the ship.

"No, you're right, I'm not really used to people being so forward. It's fine though, I just have to get used to it."

"So you know him but not me?" Tony remarks from behind the pair.

"How could I not. Captain America is a legend. I'm sure you'll reach his level someday, Tony Tincan."

Tony scoffs at her words in disbelieve. Amelia laughs as she enters the jet with the others. She was really enjoying pushing his buttons. 

Her eyes find Loki sitting tied to a chair on the left side of the small plane. And as the door closes behind them, locking them in the same area as the enemy, Amelia somehow knows that this will not end well.

______________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

So they met ;)

I have to confess that the love between them is going to build slow. I mean the whole movie is happening in like 2 days so It's not really realistic for them to fall in love in that time. So it's going to be mostly flirting in the beginning, but that's fun too right? How did you like Magic Mia's magic act? Did you see that coming?  Anyway, I hope you had a lovely time reading, and will have a lovely time after it. Next chapter coming up soon.

Lots of love, Kat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

662K 21.4K 83
Avengers and Harry Potter [Book one.] "The greater a child's terror, and the earlier it is experienced, the harder it becomes to develop a strong and...
16.3K 665 12
Sometimes the slightest things change the direction of our lives, the merest breathe of circumstance, a random moment that connect like a meteorite s...
2.1K 75 23
A crossover between Marvel and Harry Potter fanfiction. Tony Stark × James Potter
43.9K 1.1K 8
When two completely different worlds meet for the first after travelling back in time to change the outcome of what the future holds for both worlds...