Untangling the Web

By nickym96

After their terrible split over the summer following the cheating scandal, Reyhan and Emir have finally gott... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 30

907 40 23
By nickym96

Epilogue

Cavidan unpacks her meager belongings and settles into her new bunk. This is the fourth prison she's been in over the past two years. In the first three, things got progressively worse between her and her fellow inmates until she was labeled 'problematic' and ordered to therapy. Somewhere along the course of that therapy, along with medication, she realized that blaming Reyhan for her fears and problems became an obsession. It made her miss out on the life and family she worked so hard to build. Her hatred was a disease, eating away at her heart until there was none left to give. But things are better now. She won't go so far as to say she's ready to welcome Reyhan with open arms, but the blinding rage filled hatred is gone and she can think of the girl without wanting to kill her. Baby steps.

Because of the progress she's made in therapy, she's been moved to a lower security prison closer to home. Now, distance won't be what's stopping Emir and Suna from coming to visit her. If that was what was stopping them in the first place. She fears she may have permanently burned those bridges. All she can do now is ask for forgiveness and hope they have it in their hearts to give it. She's accepted the possibility that it may be too late for her. That the pain of their loss may be a pain she has to live with for the rest of her life. Along with the realization that she inflicted that kind of pain on Reyhan every single day she's known her.

"Get us some tea, New Girl."

No matter how much older she is than most of these women, she's always considered the "new girl" whenever she arrives. She's learned to swiftly obey and pick her battles. And a battle over serving tea isn't worth the trouble it could bring her. And this time, her tea is actually met with a chorus of sağ ol and teşekkürler from the recipients. Maybe this place won't be so bad after all.

"Look at her. She's flawless. I can see now why they call her the Princess of Istanbul."

A glance at the magazine the group of women are looking at almost makes Cavidan drop the rest of the tea. The page is open to none other than Reyhan, her image smiling and waving to a seemingly adoring crowd.

"What is this?" Cavidan asks, forgetting her place and grabbing that magazine. She flips to the front of the article and almost loses her breath at the sight of Emir. Her tearful utterance of "oğlum" is the only thing that stops her from getting a beating.

"That's your son?"

Cavidan just nods as she flips through the rest of the article. She'll read it later, but for now she just looks at the pictures. The title of the article is Tarhun: The New Royal Family of Istanbul and she couldn't be more shocked if she tried. The main picture is a beautiful shot of everyone, all wearing white. Reyhan and Emir are each holding a wrapped bundle in their arms. Suna and Zeynep are in front of them, hugging like sisters. Kemal stands next to Emir, one arm around his nephew, the other around his wife. Little Masal stands in front of Narin, kissing her extended belly. But the real surprise comes when she sees Hikmet, whole and healthy, on the other side of Reyhan.

"You have a beautiful family, Cavidan abla," one of the younger inmates says. "And a wonderful one too. The foundation they've started has helped so many people."

Again Cavidan just nods, unable to say anything. Something foreign lodges in her throat, blocking her words. It's regret.

"She had a beautiful family," another inmate mutters. "Haven't you heard what she did to them?"

Cavidan tunes them out. She knows the story all too well. She lived the story. And looking back, sometimes it's hard to believe all that's happened. Looking at the article now, she finds it even harder to believe this is the same family she almost destroyed. And again she wonders if it's too late to get their forgiveness.

"I have to try," she decides, and pulls out some paper to write a letter.

It's nearly a month later before she gets a reply. But it's not from who she expects.

"Cavidan hanim, you have a visitor," the guard tells her, surprising her greatly. No one except her lawyer has visited her this entire time she's been in prison. Hope fills her heart that her letter was met with love and understanding.

She's led to the family visiting room with the other inmates, unable to keep the smile from her face. Her smile falls when she walks into the room to see her visitor.

"Reyhan."

"Cavidan hanim."

Both women remain silent for long minutes, not knowing what to say. Reyhan finally fills the void with an awkward hug and polite small talk.

"You look well," she says with a smile. "It was a happy surprise to receive your letter. How are you?"

"You got my letter?" Cavidan asks, her disappointment obvious. "What about Emir? Suna?"

The smile falls from Reyhan's face.

"They need time. But, Emir knows I'm here," Reyhan adds hopefully. "He didn't stop me from coming."

Reyhan sets a folder down in front of Cavidan.

"He also knows I brought these."

Cavidan opens the folder, not expecting the photos of the most beautiful babies she's ever seen fall out into her hands.

"That was their first birthday party," Reyhan explains, a light filling her eyes when she talks about her children. "Emir is holding Melike. Suna has Meryem."

"Twins," Cavidan whispers, tracing their faces with her finger. "Twin girls."

"We're hoping this next one will be a boy."

"You're pregnant again."

Reyhan just smiles and rubs her belly.

So much she's missed, Cavidan realizes as she continues to look at the pictures. So much she will be missing. Maybe one day she won't blame Reyhan anymore. Today isn't that day because much of the anger and resentment she felt before is bubbling to the surface now. But maybe one day.

"Can I keep these?" Cavidan hears herself ask, unable to part with the images of her children and grandchildren. At Reyhan's nod, she tucks them into her pocket and then stands. She struggles with what she's about to say.

"You've done well with my family. I thought you would be the cause of our ruin. But you have not caused us shame. Yet."

Reyhan just laughs and shakes her head, standing to her feet.

"It was nice seeing you too, Cavidan hanim."

And then she's gone. And Cavidan is left all alone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Emir watches Reyhan walk out of the prison towards him. He's finally able to breathe again.

"I'm fine," Reyhan says with a smile, taking his hand when she gets closer. "Your mom didn't eat me."

"I wouldn't put it past her," he grumbles, holding the car door open for her. He wants to get away from this place as soon as he can.

They get far enough away and he finally feels the weight fall off of him. He pulls the car next to a pretty field of flowers and gets out, needing the fresh air.

"You want to talk about it?" Reyhan asks him, knowing his mind is in turmoil. "She asked about you, of course. She was disappointed to see me instead of you. I told her you and Suna weren't ready yet."

He just nods.

Reyhan comes up behind him and wraps her arms around his waist.

"You know I love you, right?"

He smiles, taking one of her hands and lifting it up to his lips for a kiss.

"And I love you. Forever and always."

We survived. Our love survived and we're still here, Reyhan had told him once. We have each other and that's all that matters now.

For Emir, truer words have never been spoken. All that they've accomplished and built over the last few years would mean nothing without her by his side. As long as he has her, the rest of the problems can wait.

"Let's go home," he says, wrapping his arm around her and leading her back to the car.

Home. The place where they first found each other, first found love. The place where that love has flourished into miracles and life. The place where his father is whole. Where his sister is happy. Where his daughters bloom. And where his soon to be son will one day bring his own bride and start the cycle all over again.

There's no place else he'd rather be.

The End.

*** THANK YOU!!! Thanks for taking this journey to me. I appreciate each and every reader, every vote, every comment, every like, every thumbs up .... all of it! You all really inspired me to do my best and write a story for Reyhan and Emir that we deserved to see. Hope to see you all soon. I have more stories in my head for these two, so stay tuned ***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.9K 3.5K 40
What happens when two people are given the chance again , who got separated without even confessing their feelings to each other and more. #11 in Kai...
327K 9.8K 20
This about a woman who was lied to and cheated on by her husband who she loves with all her heart. They have twin daughters together. He knew how in...
94.7K 2.9K 22
Jack and his sister are staying with Mark for a few week. Their hiding a secret from him but can they keep it up when bad things start to happen.
10.8K 523 11
After Regina finds out that Robin cheated on her, she leaves to complete a life long dream of hers and that is to travel the world. On her travels sh...