The Will of Two Worlds (Avata...

By SnowyOwlGoddess

I do not own James Cameron's Avatar. I am a member of a country unlike the greed of Earth outside our walls... More

1. The Journey Outside The Known
2. A Big Step
3. Friends and New Beginnings
4. Waking Up
5. First Sight of Pandora
6. Tom's Twin Brother
7. Cold Hate
8. The Voices of Dreams
9. First Test
10. Reaching Out
11. Preparing to go Outside Hell's Gate
12. Meeting Trudy and Wainfleet
13. Beyond Hell's Gate
14. The Natural Beauty Around Me
15. Following The Trail
16. Meet The Omaticaya
17. Speaking with The Tsahik
18. Return to Hell's Gate
19. Stubborn Brick Wall
20. Grumpy Na'vi
21. Small Steps
22. The Floating Mountains of Pandora
23. Level Ground
24. Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
25. I Hear
26. Face Fear
27. Less Disliked
28. Learning and Changing
29. Shared Hate
30. Time
31. To Decide
32. Untold Truce
33. Learning Who I Am
34. Very Odd
35. Telling Truth's
36. Iknimaya
37. Solros - SunStreak
38. Bonding with Solros
39. Face The Fear
40. Down
41. See Yourself
42. Apology
43. Eyes Opened
44. Epiphany
45. Flying in The Floating Mountains
46. Changing Heart
47. Healing and Storytime
48. Dark and Hidden Secrets
49. Getting To Know Neytiri
50. Becoming One of The People
51. Wise Words
52. Annoying Na'vi Men
53. The Downhill Spiral
54. True Sight of Eywa
55. Accepting
56. The Tree of Voices
57. Injured
58. The Kindling
59. The Lit Fire
60. Admitting Partial Truths
61. Broken Once More
62. Falling, Falling, Falling Down
63. Alone
64. Grace
65. Painful Decision
66. Do you love him?
67. Spirit Dream
68. The Mind, The Heart, The Soul
69. Grief
70. Battle Cry!
71. Out of Control
72. Kekunan Clan
73. Prove Your Worth
74. Take Flight
75. The Na'vi of The Jungle
76. Hettie's Prize Arrows
77. Ca'lil
79. Broken Trust
80. Hiding Place
81. Powerful Words
82. Battle Paint
83. Battle for The Tree of Souls
84. Rogue-1
85. Thousand Pieces
86. Loss
87. Daughter of Eywa
88. Hope
89. Giving All I Am
90. Care
91. Tending To Wounds
92. Jhake and Neytiri
93. Full Truth
94. Believe
95. The Plan
96. Hidden Me
97. Awkward
98. Seeing The World Differently
99. Hettie The Sky Person
100. Heti The Daughter of Eywa
Bonus Chapter: Living My Life
Additional Facts and Interesting Points
News and Something Special!!!!
Sequel Now Being Released!
Bonus Chapter: Tsu'tey meets Hettie, Tsu'tey POV
Bonus Chapter: Fear of Falling, Hettie's POV
New Book: Life Force

78. Talking to Eywa

2.4K 100 1
By SnowyOwlGoddess

I sat, cross legged behind The Tree of Souls, my elbows resting on my knees as I held my head up, staring up that the glowing willow like strands of the tree, my mind empty of thoughts for the first time in a very long time. I could hear the snores of a few Omaticaya on the other side of the tree, sleeping the night away. Ca'lil was quiet, leaning into my side, not asleep but not talking either. 

I looked out of the edge of my eye at her, only to find here eyes closed, her head facing up to the tree like she was praying to Eywa for help. I looked up at the tree as well, staring at the tree with no thought.

But one.

I need sleep.

I know that, I know that sleep is needed. I cannot go into a battle half awake, half asleep, but yet... Here I am, awake, unable to convince my cowardly soul to return to my human body and deal with the immense pain I am feel just a small fraction of. In this body, I feel like my soul found it's right host. Here, I am sure of myself and what I am doing, sure of my actions even through my fear. Here, I feel like I am who I was always meant to be, and maybe that is true because of Eywa choosing me at birth.

In my human body, however, I feel so many unpleasant emotions. If this body was the walls I hold up with no break in the barrier, then my human body is the pieces hidden deep in the pits, the fear, the pain, the weakness. There, in my human body, I do not feel like the strong person I once was. Things terrify me more, and emotions I wish would go away plague my thoughts. 

Having two bodies is hard, especially when you wish with part of your soul that your soul could stay in this body. The other half of me cries out for Tulte, cries out for The Great Mother Eagle and the Elders of Tulte. The other half of my soul begs for this pain and agony to end, to give up and let me be at peace.

That side of my soul is a part I hate, I hate that I just wish it would all end, the pain, the suffering, the agony mixed in with the good. Maybe it's just my mindset. I am sure knowing of one's approaching death can do a number on their mental health and happiness, and maybe that is what I am feeling. I don't know for sure, I don't know much of anything anymore.

I stared up at the tree before doing something I never never done before. I closed my eyes and, without connecting my queue or speaking aloud, I just spoke to Eywa.

I don't know if this works, or if you can hear me, but I just wish to speak. So much has changed, so much in me has changed and I struggle to orient it all. I put on a good show for the Omaticaya, for the clans now readying for battle around me, but I know in my heart that is nothing but a show for their strength and hope to remain. I don't know if Tsu'tey can see through that show or not, there are times I think he can and it scares me. I put on a good show, but I am terrified. Terrified of death. Terrified of the coming battle, of loss, and, as much as I hate myself for it, of you, Eywa. It is hard for me to say, and I don't quite understand what changed, but connecting to you in this new and confusing way I unlocked is terrifying. I feel more than myself, I feel more than one or two creatures, I feel all of them all around me, singing, hunting, playing, fighting, and defending. Thousands of instincts bombarding my mind at once, too much for any sane person to withstand.

And yet... I have somewhat done so twice already. Am I already insane? Did I guarantee the loss of my mind?  Why can I withstand that pull, well somewhat withstand the pull, and come back acting normal? Is it all just a front? 

What I truly hate, is knowing I am a week or maybe days from my end. I know it's coming, I can practically feel it lurking just around the corner, waiting to pull me away from the home I have built. Before the fall of Hometree, this thought hurt a lot more than it does now. Is it horrible of me to just... want to be away from the pain, the loss, and the grief? For months I have clung onto the edge of falling down a deep pit of depression, forcing myself to pull up strength I didn't know I had to keep my head above the dark waters.

My human body's days are numbered. My days are numbered. So many things I wished to do, so much I want to be and so much I wished to change coming down to this single moment. I am proud to help the Na'vi, to give all the knowledge I can to ensure they survive, not only this battle, but the years to come. The Tulte have a saying and one I love, 'Give the idea machine an inch and it will go a mile, but place a guiding hand into the ideas and they take a new form.' Tulte may not have electricity or technology, but we do have our creative minds, which is how we created such arrows that I now willingly give this well guarded secret to the Na'vi. Maybe one day, long after I have passed, the Na'vi can push Sky People from their home here and insure they never return. If Tulte can take out machines twice the size of ones we are seeing here, I can see Na'vi doing the same.

I... I only ask one thing, Eywa, just one thing. I thought sadly, my face scrunching up from the pain of such a thought, Please, please let Tsu'tey survive and be happy when I am gone. It hurts, it hurts a lot to think of him moving on, forgetting me as his friend, but I really do want him to be happy.

All I ask is that he is happy and alive after I am gone.

I sighed and opened my eyes, looking down at Ca'lil, who was staring at me with worried little innocent eyes. I could see her pain, her pain that the loss of her home, her parents, and families she knew. Yet I could also see that she was worried about me. It hurt to think she has come to depend on me a lot more than anyone else, but I will give her all the love and care I can, like I would have done if I had a younger sister before my parents passed. Me and Ca'lil have a lot in common and, though we do not share blood, since saving her life she has really become the child I am most fond of. I will be the older sister she never had for as long as I can.

I smiled sleepily at her, "I need to get some sleep, Ca'lil, why don't you go join the other children?" I asked quietly. She frowned at me more and hugged me tighter.

"I not want to leave you, I scared of dreams." She whispered. I sighed, combing my hand through her hair. Normally I would be prefectly okay with this but since this body is not truly my own, I can't wake her from nightmares in the middle of the night.

"Ca'lil, I am a Dreamwalker. I have another body and, when I sleep in this body, I wake up in that one. I won't be able to wake you from nightmares." I said sadly. She still hugged me tighter, looking up at me with bright eyes. I sighed, deciding at least my avatar can offer her some comfort while I am gone. I picked her up, wrapped her in my arms and found a cozy spot of moss for the two of us.

She wrapped her arms around me, her head buried in my white hair as I combed my fingers through her braids, my eyes fluttering till I fell asleep.

I gasped quietly, opening my eyes to the light blue light inside The Link Chamber. I held completely still, my entire body locked in place from shear pain as I listened closely. I could hear Trudy and Norm stomping around in the other trailer, but luckily no one is in this one, making me sigh in relief as I fumbled shakily for the release hatch, sighing as the overhead lifted itself. I looked around my trailer, seeing a few things have been moved to the other trailer, but my fridge remained untouched, mostly because it doesn't have anything Norm or Trudy need.

Carefully, I placed my feet down on the ground, my jaw gritted so tightly my teeth ached as I fought to keep the loud whimpers down. I carefully stood, stumbling to the fridge, luckily no more of my leg is getting locked up, so maybe I have a bit of luck in that part. Yet, the unpleasant cold feeling of my stomach is a lot worse, making me worry my lip between my teeth as I opened the fridge and pulled out my next dose of the painkiller mix. I have enough for another week, which is probably all the time I have left.

I drank it down, not caring at how disgusting it is as I nearly sobbed in relief at the pain, sagging against the counter as I hung my head, looking up with exhaustion at the trailer around me. I moved to the mirror and stared in horror at my sickly looking face, hollow cheeks and sunken eyes. I looked like walked death and honestly it horrifies me. I looked in the direction of the other trailer, grimacing as I heard sounds I definitely did not want to hear coming from Trudy and Norm.

Maybe I will just stay over here....

I pulled out a jerky bar, frowning at the dropping amount of them before taking a bite, pulling my water out of the fridge as I untied my ponytail, letting my frayed and dead looking hair fall and cover the horrible look of my face. I looked over at the mirror before quickly turning it to face the opposite direction. I grimaced at sounds I didn't want to hear and did something I normally don't do.

I pulled out an old I-Pod. Tom gave it to me when I needed to focus while training for the Avatar Program and, with my hatred of technology, I never really used it. I plugged in the earbuds and laid down on my Link, pulling up my blanket and pillow, surprised with what I heard come through the I-Pod. It wasn't music, it was the smoothing sounds of a running river, birds chirping and all manner creatures that once roamed Earth.

The sound was soothing and made it to where, finally, I could sleep.

Well, leaving it off there, still got more to write before the battle starts, trust me. I know it's a shorter chapter but there isn't a terrible lot I can add to this one. Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 1K 26
You're a scientist's daughter who was asked to come to Pandora to take her place after she passed away. When you arrive, you discover a lot of things...
3K 49 10
YN LN was trained out a young age to be a mandalorian after his training was complete he assisted death-watch in reclaiming mandalore and after the r...
56.6K 1.4K 69
She was the mysterious and unknown girl and he the boy that liked to unravel secrets, could I make it more obvious? But both end up getting to know...
38K 1K 12
#1 jakesullyxreader - tue jan 3 2023 โžœ โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š ๐ ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญโž โžœ ๐‡๐ž๐ซ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ซ๐š๐ข๐๐ž๐ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐š๐ข๐ซ, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง๐ข...