HOPELESS แตˆยทแตแตƒแตโฑโฟแตƒสณโฑ

By lazicore

hearts soaked in thunderstorms. โœฆ denki kaminari x fem oc โœฆ hate to love trope ๐™– ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ป๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐™—๐™ฃ๐™๐™–... More

HOPELESS !
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ one
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ two
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ three
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ four
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ five
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ six
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ eight
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ nine
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ ten
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ eleven
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ twelve
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ thirteen โฑ
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ thirteen โฑโฑ
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ fourteen
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ bonus
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ fifteen
ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ sixteen

ch. โ”€โ”€โ”€ seven

1.3K 107 34
By lazicore

[07] UNNEEDED TRAUMA

AS THE BOYS FINISH changing into their gym uniforms, Kaminari slumps down on a bench outside waiting for his friends. Today they were going to Gamma Gym to work on their quirks, however, Mr.Aizawa still hasn't declared as to how.

For the last three years, Kaminari has indeed improved his quirk, he doesn't short-circuit when using his quirk and added a few more gadgets to his hero gear. Although he's improved significantly since his first year, Kaminari still had a lot to work on. He certainly doesn't go dumb as much, but whenever he uses one of his ultimate moves... it's first-year Chargebolt all over again.

"Hey, you good?"

He blinks away his thoughts. "Oh—Yeah! I'm great," Kaminari squeaks, Sero only raising a brow in response.

The boy sits next to him, the rest of their group still inside the locker room. "You sure? 'Cause, you've been acting weird the past few days."

A nervous grin spreads across his face. "Is it that noticeable?" Sero nods, Kaminari rubbing his nape. "It's nothing serious so you don't have to worry," he assures.

"If you say so," he says. "But if you need anything I got your back."

"Thanks, but this is something I gotta do on my own..."

Kaminari leans forward and holds his face in his hands, the same thoughtful look dancing in his eyes. Although Sero has no doubt that if Kaminari had a problem he'll tell him, he still watched him warily, his friend's behaviour so unusual.

"I hope we have to fight with one another. Hopefully, I get paired up with that new chick so we'll finally see what her damn quirk is," a voice said from the locker room, followed by some footsteps. Both Sero and Kaminari give a look to one another, their attention landing on the explosive boy himself.

"Yeah, I have to say, I am curious as to what it is. She still hasn't really said anything about it since she enrolled," Kirishima added, Kaminari's eyes going wide for a moment.

"Are you guys talking about Hajime?"

Bakugo and Kirishima turn towards Sero. "Who else would we be talking about? That chick is definitely hiding something."

Kaminari tilts his head to the side. "What do you mean by that?"

"Exactly what I said," Bakugo scowls.

"But you never even spoke to her."

"And?"

Kaminari sighs and looks back at the wall in front of him. "Don't you think it's rude to say that to someone you barely know?"

It was more of a rhetorical question, his words floating in the air as his thoughts went back to her. Once again he was in his own world, oblivious to Bakugo's deathly glare as Kirishima held him back.

"I'm sure Bakugo didn't mean it that way," the redhead explained, Bakugo fuming next to him. "I never knew you and Hajime were friends, Kam."

The blonde furrows his brows, Sero turning to look at him in question. Kaminari glances between everyone: Bakugo's scrunched-up expression, Kirishima's small smile, and Sero, who watched him expectantly. Kaminari didn't understand what was the big deal, his relationship with Hajime was nothing out of the ordinary to him. It wasn't like she didn't hang out with anyone, in fact, she did, everyone except him.

It flickered in his mind, the idea of him of all people defending someone so tame and fragile as Hajime. She didn't need that from him, she had Todoroki, everyone knew that. It was those confused glances he was met with, his heart quickening and mouth forming shapes in an attempt to hide his embarrassment.

"We're not friends exactly..." he chuckles, rosy cheeks and all.

With Kirishima holding the rabid boy back, Sero pushes a flustered Kaminari toward the gym where all the students meet. Sero keeps his questions to himself, not sure if Kaminari would be able to answer them anyway. It seemed that he was just as confused as he was.

"Woah—" Without paying attention, Kaminari bumps into a girl coming out from the opposite locker room, something falling to the ground. "Oh, I'm sorry for..." His sentence fades as Kaminari comes face to face with none other than Mayami Hajime, an unimpressed look falling upon her unblemished face.

Why am I not surprised, she thought, quickly straightening up her posture after the little incident. "Please, Don't apologize. It's my fault too."

Kaminari appreciated her kindness, even though he knows it was just a front. Before she quickly walked away from him as always, he ducks down and grabs her gloves from the ground. "Here, you dropped this."

Rich berry wine. That is what her eyes reminded him of. Lips stained red as Hajime smiled sweetly back at him.

"Thanks," she mumbles, her fingers grazing his hand ever so slightly.

Before their strange interaction draws any more people to the small hallway, Hajime swiftly grabs Uraraka's arm and urges her to the gate. Kaminari chuckles softly at the gesture, unknowingly staring at Hajime from afar with a soft smirk.

Sero exchanged a questioning look with Mina who stayed back; They were both thinking the same thing: Maybe Hajime was the reason for Kaminari's odd behaviour lately. However, the question of why still hovered in the air, and both were eager to figure it out.

• • •

OF COURSE, OUT of all of her classmates, Hajime was paired up with dunce face (she heard Bakugo call him that once and liked it). Apparently, Mr. Aizawa wanted to start off the training project with sparring, and her opponent would also be her partner for the entire project. He explained that each pair was chosen for how well their quirks would work together, so when Hajime was paired up with Kaminari, everyone was shocked.

"I still think there's some sort of mistake," the girl mumbled, continuing her sluggish walk next to the Kaminari.

Kaminari laughed nervously in response, not at all bothered by the situation. "Maybe there was, but I'm not gonna ask him."

She glared at him from the side, grinding her teeth while staying close behind the boy. Once they find a good enough spot to train, away from prying eyes, Hajime will feel less stressed about this assignment.

They were on the other side of the gym, Kaminari nervously glancing over at her every few seconds. He wasn't sure if sparring with Hajime would be a good idea. She already didn't like him, and the thought of purposely using his quirk on her didn't feel right to him.

Hajime, on the other hand, could care less what would happen to him, as long as she kept her cool around him and made sure to not draw any attention; she'll be fine. Hopefully, Kaminari didn't have such a flashy quirk.

"What's with you?" Hajime tilts her head with a smirk. "Scared that I'll kick your ass."

"Is that really necessary Hajime?" He deadpanned, her lips falling to his reaction.

They were standing by a painted white line on the ground, Hajime's eyes following the shape, her veins surging with potential. She sighed and extended her hand out to him, an uncomfortable look on her face. "Fine. I'll try to restrain myself—" Her eyes meet his, Kaminari gulping at the sight—"So how about it partner?"

He pulls a tittering smile, Kaminari taking her hand in his. As soon as he shook her hand, however, Hajime's smile twisted into a grin, her free hand wrapping around his bare wrist as she shifted her feet. In a split second, she managed to throw Kaminari over her shoulder, his body hitting the ground hard.

The aggressive and rather unexpected move attracted a few of her classmate's attention. For such a cute and fragile-looking girl, Hajime sure didn't seem that way in this moment.

While Kaminari tried to regain his focus, his vision then cleared up, her face now above his. Hajime snickered at his dumb expression, Kaminari blushing at the rare sight. "Rule number one: Never trust your opponent," she says, words sweet like honey.

"Rule number two!—" She jumps over Kaminari, hovering over his torso and captures one of his arms in a lock—"Never leave yourself open."

The blonde was definitely distracted, having a girl on top of him like this was not the most ideal of situations. Hajime was definitely mischievous, having tricked him like that without hesitation—He should've seen it coming.

I have to stop underestimating her, Kaminari thought. She did transfer here from Shiketsu from what he heard. That has to say something about her.

Not sure what to do, Hajime twisted his arm further, the boy underneath her squirming in discomfort. She raised an eyebrow in question; This was supposed to be the part where he would use his quirk to get out of the hold, it was fairly simple. But not only was his lack of doing anything illogical, but, the most questioning situation was also why her classmates began to crowd around the area.

Mina and Kirishima watched with a fire in their eyes, pumping their fists in encouragement. Kaminari glances to their left, shifting underneath Hajime's hold. Bakugo and Sero had a completely different reaction to his predicament; The raven-haired boy's face was blank, as if deep in thought, and Bakugo's was scrunched up in irritation. He seemed angry that she was currently beating him.

"Kaminari." Mr.Aizawa's voice boomed. "The point of your assignment today is to use your quirks effectively. If you don't take this seriously. I'll have to fail both of you."

Hajime's and Kaminari's expression faltered, color draining from their faces. Hajime pressed her lips together as Kaminari felt his heart race. His yellow eyes stared back at her, trying to decipher the thoughts bubbling behind her gaze. He didn't know if she was angry, frustrated, or stressed because of everyone watching. Kaminari wanted to make it, prove that he wasn't incompetent like Hajime believed he was.

But... Kaminari hesitated. He had no idea what Hajime's quirk was, and knowing how unpredictable his quirk can be— and dangerous. To even hurt someone like Hajime, to give her another reason to hate him.

"Kaminari." He froze at the sound of his name, her lips hovering next to his ear.  He didn't even see her coming. "Stop being arrogant. I'm stronger than you think," she murmurs, leaning away afterwards.

From on top, she saw Kaminari blink back at her, his sweet-coloured eyes peering into hers with the same obliviousness it always held. She gave him an encouraging nod, confident in her abilities.

After a moment of waiting, a surge of electricity shot out from underneath her. The sudden shock was incredibly overwhelming, so much so that Hajime jolted up and stumbled back a couple of feet.

Kaminari jumped back up, he and the entire class watching with curiosity at how Hajime was affected by his quirk. From just a couple of feet farther from where she were, she pushed herself back up, her palms sorching as she pressed them against her skull. She didn't bother looking back at him, her eardrums pounding as she focused on her teeth clenching. Hajime felt sparks of electricity flourish over her skin, lines of light prancing across her body. With a breath, she harnessed that power, enhaling it and lifted her head up to meet Kaminari's worried gaze.

The blonde's breath hitches once he saw Hajime hold her hands out, the electricity that was once floating around her converging into a small ball of energy within her small hands. Hajime heard as the class awed to the sight, the chaotic electric substance now slowly being absorbed into her unblemished skin.

She knew exactly what to do, the act like breathing to her. However, the excited smirk that overtook her features began to unravel.

Todoroki's expression, for the first time since she's met him, it held some type of emotion. It crushed her, completely killed the excitement in her soul.

"I don't understand why she always shows off like that."

"She's already the top student in every class. She doesn't have to rub it in our faces."

"Why is she still here anyway? Nobody likes someone who tries too hard, it's pathetic."

Mr. Aizawa frowns when he sees the energy in Hajime's hands slowly fade away, her palms absorbing the the small sphere of electricity. The teacher makes a quick note of it while he hears his class start to mumble, questioning Hajime's decision.

The first person who ran in Hajime's direction was Kaminari, his expression bright and, of course, evidently concerned. "Hajime! Are you okay? I didn't know what your quirk was so I didn't want to overdo it, but you seem fine— I mean you look great! I didn't worry at all as you said..."

Her arms stung immensely, Hajime's palms seemingly on fire to the adsorption of the extra energy. However, looking back up to see Kaminari trying to cover up his concern for her was kind of cute, a sloppy smile appearing on Hajime's paler face as an unfiltered reaction.

"I didn't know you had such an amazing quirk, Kaminari," She told him, the blonde's eyes going wide at her compliment.

Yet, his joy soon subsided once her usual rich eyes dulled, Hajime's body swerving around aimlessly. "I really wasn't expecting that..." she chuckled, her vision going dark before she fell backwards.

> 08

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 626 21
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. NOT MY COVER ART. also this is really bad writing so be warned Denki has been your friend since you were a lit...
62.9K 2.2K 27
A Kaminari x Reader fic. (COMPLETE) AGED UP Mainly fluff, some NSFW You meet him at a party, you're basically strangers but are more similar than yo...
6.4K 120 22
โ๐‹๐จ๐จ๐ค!โœโœ ๐‡๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐. โ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ...
7.2K 308 5
"ษช สœแด€แด›แด‡ สแดแดœ, แด…แด‡ษดแด‹ษช แด‹แด€แดษชษดแด€ส€ษช." "ษช สœแด€แด›แด‡ สแดแดœ แด›แดแด, ส/ษด สŸ/ษด." โ‚Šหšห‘เผ„ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ ๐™ž. ๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ ๐™ž ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐™จ๐™ค...