The Vice-President (Male Read...

Od eyesoftheFUTURE

Satsuki Kiryuin, President of the Honnouji Academy Student Counsel, keeps four very powerful allies at her si... Více

Arc 1 Chapter 1: Satsuki Kiryuin; Queen Bee
Arc 1 Chapter 2: An Iron Fist
Arc 1 Chapter 3: The Girl in the Kamui
Arc 1 Chapter 4: The Sparrow and the Eagle
Arc 1 Chapter 5: The Wedding Dress
Arc 1 Chapter 5.5: Partners
Arc 1 Chapter 6: Compromised Judgment
Arc 1 Chapter 7: The Bond of Equals
Arc 1 Chapter 8: Ragyo Kiryuin; The Puppet Master
Arc 1 Chapter 8.5: Two Sides of a Single Person
Arc 1 Chapter 9: Goshujin
Arc 2 Chapter 10: The Stranger
Arc 2 Chapter 10.5: New Wounds
Arc 2 Chapter 11: Uzu Sanageyama; The Fool
Satsuki Kiryuin Journal Entry 1
Arc 2 Chapter 12: Sake Kiru; The Informant
Arc 2 Chapter 13: The Fight Club Part 1
Arc 2 Chapter 13: The Fight Club Part 2
Satsuki Kiryuin Journal Entry 2
Arc 2 Chapter 13.5: Old Friends
Virus
Satsuki Kiryuin Journal Entry 3
Arc 2 Chapter 15: A Missing Piece
H̴̡̦̐̆U̶̳̦͉̔̈́͜Ṉ̵̽G̷̢̱̥͌͌͆͂́̆Ḗ̶̢̨̜̳̝̓́̕Ŕ̵͉̺͚̠̣͇̄͊̌̉̍
Arc 2 Chapter 16: Revelation
Arc 2 Chapter 16.5: Uprooted Reality
Arc 2 Chapter 17: Deeper Darkness
Arc 2 Chapter 18: Highway to the Unknown
Arc 2 Chapter 19: Fear The Old Sea
Arc 2 Chapter 20: The Old Hunger
Arc 2 Chapter 21: REVOCs' Finest
Act 2 Chapter 21.5: Deep Insight
The Vice-President: Reawakened
The Vice-President's Meeting

Arc 2 Chapter 14: All According to Plan

12.1K 316 223
Od eyesoftheFUTURE

~~~REVOCS HQ~~~

In a marble white room decorated with expensive statues and a high rise ceiling, Ragyo Kiryuin soaks in a large pool of glistening water. Above her was a glass window that allowed sunlight to shine through onto her pale, flawless skin. She leaned back against one of the corners of the pool for maximum relaxation.

Ragyo had a towel wrapped around her head, covering her white and rainbow hair to keep it from getting wet. The towel extended over her eyes to simulate the sensation of floating in space.

The sound of heels clacking on the marble bathhouse floor catches Ragyo's attention.

Ragyo: Mhh? Nui? Is that you I hear?

Ragyo could sense Nui Harime's presence.

The footsteps stop right behind Ragyo.

Nui: That's me!

Ragyo lifts the towel to unveil her unnatural eyes so she could look at her guest.

Nui smiled ear to ear while holding a digital tablet displaying various pictures, graphs, and descriptions. 

Ragyo: What are you holding my dear?

Nui: Something that will fill you to the brim with excitement! 

Nui hands Ragyo the tablet.

Nui: Look at the bottom left.

Displayed in the bottom left hand corner of the tablet were two words flashing in red. 

Tablet: [Goshujin Active]

Ragyo gasps in excitement. 

Ragyo: He's dawned Goshujin... This is certainly pleasing news Nui!

Nui: That's not all- it also managed to corrupt Honnouji's Life Fiber analysis systems. Your special weave worked, mother.

Ragyo: So it has- I have a favor to ask of you Nui. A very- special- favor.

Nui sits on the marble floor behind Ragyo and slides up behind her, placing her arms around Ragyo's shoulders. 

Nui: I'll do anything you ask of me.

Ragyo: I want you to monitor (R/N) and Goshujin at Honnouji academy. The cleansing process can be fairly painful- he will likely fight against it and possibly even try to purge his body of the fibers- we don't want that to happen my dear. If this succeeds, we will have another vessel for The Great Assimilation. 

Nui: I'll make sure the groom is ready- you can count on me!

Ragyo chuckles while caressing Nui's face.

Ragyo: -now you've done great things as of late. Allow me to- reward you- 

Ragyo pulls an excited Nui down into the water of the pool.

~~~Satsuki's POV~~~~

The cold open air blowing around Honnouji's courtyard rustles my hair with a gentle breeze as I watched (R/N) approach Ryuko. He challenged her to a duel earlier in the day, undoubtedly because of me pushing him to take this Fight Club situation into his own hands. It took a few weeks of planing to figure out how I was going to get (R/N) to battle Ryuko head on- but my plan has finally succeeded. 

Now all that's left to do is watch (R/N) outclass Ryuko in a display of well practiced swordsmanship. She doesn't stand a chance. 

I stood on a high rise podium behind a spectators table the Elite Four set up. The position gave me a full view of the arena, that being the whole Honnouji Academy front courtyard. It was a cold and cloudy day so all of Honnou city was covered by a grey shadow.

Ryuko's Kamui was already in it's transformed state. Even from far away I could tell she was hesitant about fighting (R/N). Her hands were subtly shaking and her eyes darted all around, looking for any visible weak points on (R/N)'s body before the battle begins. Meanwhile, (R/N) was completely calm. His Odachi reflected hope around his body like a magnificent spotlight. He stood tall and proud.

I had full faith in Honnouji's finest warrior, but a part of me was worried that Goshujin might effect (R/N)'s performance on the battlefield. This is the first time he will utilize it in battle...

(R/N) looks at me and nods his head, indicating that he was ready to begin. 

Satsuki: Ryuko Matoi! You have been challenged to a duel by Honnouji Academy's Vice-President! You have agreed to the terms of victory and defeat! If you fail to abide by these vows, you will be purged! VICIOUSLY! 

Ryuko snaps her head at me. 

Ryuko: BLAH BLAH BLAH! SHUT UP AND LET ME FIGHT ALREADY!

She points her scissor blade at (R/N). 

Ryuko: I'll beat your stupid Vice-President into the dirt! Then, I'm comin' for the Elite Four!

I couldn't stop myself from smirking at her comment. Her ambition was truly something else. 

Satsuki: That's IF you can stop the world's finest sword dancer! Have fun Matoi! BEGIN!

(R/N) graciously raises his Odachi into a fighting stance. The air itself seemed to bow to his commanding posture.

His dominant hand rested above the other on the sword's two foot long hilt, his legs bent and ready to move at any moment. (R/N)'s eyes were glued to the opponent before him. 

Ryuko lets out a battle cry. Her heels dig into the dirt. 

Ryuko: LET'S GO, SENKETSU! 

Junketsu wriggles at the mentioning of Ryuko's Kamui. 

Ryuko propels herself forward, leaving a trail of destruction in her wake. 

She swings at (R/N)'s torso with all the strength she has just inches away from where he was standing.

He blocks the full power attack by raising his sword horizontally above his head. The sound of metal striking metal echoes in my ears as the swords make contact. 

Ryuko applies more pressure behind her scissor blade while yelling. The vents on her Kamui let out steam from a increased amount of blood flow. 

Ryuko's arms were buckling from the amount of pressure she was putting into her attack. (R/N) stayed completely still.

(R/N) pushes upwards in retaliation. 

The force sends Ryuko flying off of him.

Ryuko doubles back around and goes for a straightforward horizontal slash across (R/N) abdomen, but he spreads his legs out while bending backwards, doing a split to allow Ryuko to fly right over him. 

Ryuko: How did he-

(R/N) kicks his legs around on the ground and flips himself upwards behind Ryuko who just landed after her missed attack.

Ryuko: HE'S FAST-

(R/N) strikes the back of her head with the pommel of his sword. The impact sends Ryuko crashing to the ground in a concussed haze. 

She screams out while holding the back of her head.

(R/N) doesn't follow up his attack. Instead, he reverts back to his battle stance while Ryuko picks herself up off the ground. 

His eyes were cold.

Calculated.

Focused.

Ryuko staggers for a moment when regaining her composure. A single strike from (R/N)'s hilt was enough to concuss her. 

Ryuko: I see why Satsuki keeps you around now- 

(R/N) stays silent.

Ryuko: -Time to end the warm up! 

Ryuko rushes (R/N) again, this time bouncing all around the arena to throw him off, kicking up dust around the courtyard to decrease visibility.

Satsuki: I'll admit, she's fast. But not fast enough-

Out of a dense dust cloud came Ryuko spinning in a circle, propelling herself straight at (R/N)'s exposed back. 

Ryuko: I'VE GOT YOU! 

(R/N) swings his Odachi clockwise around his back while crouching and bending forward.

This leads to Ryuko's scissor blade to scrape against the blade of (R/N)'s sword as he deflects the attack from behind without even turning around. 

Using the momentum gained from the deflect, (R/N) swings his blade back around to the front of his body while pivoting in place to get a solid blow off on Ryuko. 

His Odachi changes course midair to avoid Ryuko's exposed skin, it instead cleaves straight through one of her shoulder pauldrons, slicing off a massive chunk of armor. 

Satsuki: (R/N) could've killed Ryuko right then and there but he intentionally stopped his blade from slicing through her stomach- I'm glad he still has his morals intact. 

Ryuko: SENKETSU! 

Ryuko recoils away from (R/N) to get some distance, but he was now on the offensive. 

(R/N) finally makes a move by dashing straight forward at Ryuko, but doesn't attack. 

In a panicked split second decision, Ryuko throws up her blade to black an attack that wasn't thrown. He had her confused and scared. 

Gamagori: What's he doing?  He can easily end this fight.

I chime in. 

Satsuki: He's applying pressure, Ira. By being in Matoi's face, he will always be a threat that she will have to get away from to recover. She can't get a breather when he's faking out attacks and cornering her. 

Gamagori: Yeah but- he still could have stopped this fight by now. 

Inumuta: I agree with Gamagori. Why is (R/N) extending the life of this duel? 

Sanageyama: You don't need Satsuki to answer that question for you- (R/N) is obviously showing off. Asserting his dominance over Ryuko and the rest of us. 

I hear Nonon sarcastically whisper under her breath. 

Jakuzure: Classic (R/N)-

Satsuki: You're partly correct Sanageyama. (R/N) is defiantly doing his best to intimidate Ryuko. This will ensure she leaves the battlefield with a new found fear of his skills- but he isn't trying to outshine any of you. That's not in his nature. 

The battle was carrying on in full while I was speaking with the Elite Four. 

Ryuko had cuts and bruises all around her body. Her breathing was heavy. 

The vents on Senketsu were blasting hot steam like a boiling tea kettle. 

Satsuki: Wait a minute- maybe he isn't trying intimate her- 

Inumuta: What are you implying then, Lady Satsuki?

Satsuki: What if he's trying to win through attrition? (R/N) hasn't been wearing Goshujin for very long, so it's only natural that he doesn't know how to use it very well. 

Inumuta: It would make sense. Ryuko is a hotheaded fighter, meaning her Kamui uses up a lot of blood when facing an opponent. By calculating his attacks and focusing on scaring Ryuko, he can wear her out even faster! It's- brilliant! He doesn't know how to utilize Goshujin to it's full potential yet, so a head on fight against Ryuko probably wouldn't go his way. He's using the skills he already has along with his status as an infamous swordsman to make her think he's stronger than she realizes! 

Inumuta's theory opened my eyes to a whole new view of the fight taking place in front of me. At first I thought (R/N) was messing with Ryuko by acting indifferent to the duel they were in, but now I see how careful he's being by not attacking her head on. Every blocked attack, reaction, movement, and strike was thought out ahead of time. He HAD to wear a stern face in order to uphold the facade he was putting forth. 

Ryuko was afraid of an opponent that was weaker than her- 

(R/N) keeps up his pressure but something game changing occurs while he was blocking an attack. 

His left arm jolts backwards like someone attached a string to it and pulled with all their might. 

Their clashing swords come crashing down onto (R/N)'s chest with the combined force of both fighters. 

(R/N) has all the wind in his lungs knocked out of him. 

Ryuko: GOTCHA! 

Ryuko thrusts forward and punches (R/N) in the gut as hard as she could. 

He's blasted backwards into Honnouji's concrete wall by the impact.

I tightly grip onto Junketsu's skirt piece to hold back a sudden rush of anger that filled my body. 

(R/N) stumbles out of a pile of rubble, face covered in blood and body shaking.

Ryuko: A single hit really did THAT to you?! Guess you aren't that tough after all! 

Goshujin was untouched by any sort of damage or debris. In fact, it looked- better than usual. The sleeves and leggings on Goshujin slowly began to glow red from vein like lines appearing on each limb that spread across Goshujin's entire surface. 

The look in (R/N)'s eyes was different as well. All I saw painted on his face was- bloodlust.

Satsuki: That's different-

(R/N) picks up his Odachi and raises it above his head. His stance was much more crude. The red lines on Goshujin were growing brighter with a crimson hue to the shadows they cast. 

Ryuko backs away. 

Ryuko: That's not right- So many- Life Fibers- Senketsu- What's happening-

Satsuki: What does she mean by that?

Inumuta looks at his tablet he uses for Life Fiber analysis and jolts up in shock. 

Inumuta: Lady Satsuki! We were right! He wasn't using Goshujin- but he defiantly is now! My scans of his body just lit up like a Christmas tree with hundreds of thousands of Life Fiber signatures! There's so many more pinged on here than Iori and I scanned when Goshujin was brought to us! WHERE DID THEY ALL COME FROM?! 

(R/N)'s body practically vanishes out of thin air as he bursts from his spot straight at Ryuko. 

His sword slices straight through Ryuko's chest piece and cuts her chest from end to end. 

Jakuzure: Uh- This isn't right! (R/N)'s actually trying to kill her! 

Inumuta continues to stare at his tablet. 

Inumuta: Two-hundred thousand... three-hundred thousand...

I could only watch on in awe (R/N) disrespectfully throws his Odachi to the concrete and punches Ryuko in the face. He follows up with strike after strike to her body. The sleeves of Goshujin were tightly wrapped around his arms. 

A crack echoes from each punch as I finally realize what was happening. 

Satsuki: HE HAS NO CONTROL OF HIMSELF! 

He headbutts Ryuko to the ground, her face broken and gushing blood. 

He then picks up his sword again, raising it above Ryuko. 

The sleeves of Goshujin strangulate his arms as the Odachi slowly lowers down onto Ryuko. (R/N) crys out as he pulls his arms back upwards. 

I grab my sword. 

Then, he violently whips his arms back towards his torso while stepping away from Ryuko. 

(R/N) forces the blade across to slice across his abs, cutting through both himself and Goshujin. 

Satsuki: He's in trouble! 

I rush down from my podium like a mad woman with Bakuzan unsheathed. 

Satsuki: I'LL HAVE TO KNOCK HIM OUT! 

I stop right behind (R/N), lift the hilt of Bakuzan above his head, and strike downwards. 

Satsuki: I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS (R/N)! 

The recoil of my sword backing up towards me after hitting (R/N) nearly made me sick. Hurting him like that was heartbreaking. 

(R/N) limply falls to the ground, unconscious. 

Satsuki: I'm so sorry- (R/N).

The air surrounding me turns to a somber silence as guilt washes over my body for the first time in years. 

Ryuko shakily looks up at me. Her whole body was one big bruise and her face- well her face was no better. 

Ryuko: Sha-shki- 

She tries to say my name through cracked teeth and a swollen tongue. 

Her bruised eyes meet mine in a brief moment of understanding. She knew just as well as I that this incident wasn't normal. (R/N)'s rage filled outburst wasn't the fault of his own. 

Satsuki: Ryuko- As far as I'm concerned- this day didn't happen. 

Ryuko: Aghr-eed. 

With that said, Ryuko falls face first onto the ground, joining (R/N) in unconsciousness. 

I hear Gamagori and the other Elite Four run up behind me. 

Satsuki: Sanageyama. Jakuzure. Take (R/N) to the infirmary. Inumuta, I want you to take Goshujin back to the sewing club, there's obviously something we missed- and Gamagori- deliver Ryuko to the Mankanshoku mansion. This day was a disaster. 

The Elite Four silently follow my orders. Sanageyama and Inumuta pick up (R/N), with Jakuzure walking behind them, and carry him back towards Honnouji Academy. Gamagori carefully hoists Ryuko over his shoulder to take her to where she was staying with the Mankanshoku family. This leaves me alone amiss the piles upon piles of rubble (R/N) and Ryuko created. My thoughts drift back and fourth between (R/N) possibly being seriously injured and... Goshujin.

Satsuki: That damn- creature- is what caused this to go so far South. It's what got (R/N) injured in the first place. 

I spot (R/N)'s Odachi laying on the ground and with a somber beat of my heart, I pick it up. The hilt was still warm where he was gripping it. 

Satsuki: I can only blame myself for this- I pressured (R/N) to fight Ryuko when he wasn't ready- I should have known this wouldn't work out... GODDAMN IT!

My leg swings backwards to kick a small hunk of rubble next to my foot. 

~~~Later: Still Satsuki's POV~~~

After showering and the taking time to process the day's events, I travel to (R/N)'s floor to put his Odachi back in the dojo where it belongs.

The day was nearly over and (R/N) was still in the infirmary. Iori and the Medical Club requested that I come by the next day instead of immediately so they could focus on working. In my well disguised grief, I complied. 

I walk down the hallway that lead to the various rooms (R/N) lived in. To the left was his bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen. The only room to the right was the living space. And straight ahead was the dojo. 

I've walked this hallway hundreds of time but right now, under the weight of knowing what I did to (R/N), the empty hall felt alien. The paper doors that lead into the dojo didn't have any light shining through into the hallway like it usually did, making me feel so much more out of place. 

I slide open the doors into the dark room and sit down in front of the armor (R/N) kept in the dojo with his Odachi. The room was dead silent apart from the soothing sounds of raindrops striking the only window in the dojo. I chose to sit in the dark. 

(R/N)'s Odachi was filthy, there was crusted dirt and drying blood all over the hilt and blade. I took the liberty of polishing and cleaning his sword for him. 

It took around thirty minutes of gentle wiping and oiling before I could see my face reflecting back at me when looking at the silver blade. I held back tears the entire time I was cleaning-

Finally, I raise his Odachi up onto it's wooden stand, where it belongs.

Satsuki: I swear... I won't let this happen again-

I stand up and leave the dojo but before leaving his quarters, I turn to my right and walk into (R/N)'s bedroom without any conscious input. I don't know why I did- It just felt right-

I'm greeted with a neatly kept room cloaked in dim moonlight.

He didn't have a lot of thing in his bedroom. All he had was a white king sized bed,  an oak working desk piled high with papers, two windows, and a closet. 

My legs carry me to his bed with slow strides. The sounds of the storm outside was much louder in his room. It was like I was actually outside in the rain. 

I slowly sit down on the bed, my butt sinking into the foam mattress as I rest my entire body onto it. Then, I lay back on a pillow while curling up under his blankets. His scent was all over the bed, filling me with a comforting sensation. I would have thought he was laying right next to me if I hadn't known better. 

My body relaxes from the combination of the smell, the rain, and the exhaustion. Then, I let go of everything I've been holding back. 

A long, near silent wail escapes my lips as my eyes fill with the tears I've held back for so long. My chest begins to physically hurt as my emotional wall finally comes crumbling to the ground. The pillow my head was on was now soaked from my tears. I fully embrace my feelings and let my cries fill the room.

The white noise of the rain was drowned out by my wails, I absolutely hated letting myself go like this but- I couldn't hold back my feeling any longer. I needed to release my sorrow- 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

9.3K 496 16
You are Y/N Omega, heir to the Omega Foundation. You move with your grandfather to participate in the grand opening of a man-made archipelago called...
364K 16.6K 44
Nakabayshi Nao has a bad track record. People usually prefer to listen to his school report reading 'quirk use with intent to harm' than look at his...
171K 2.9K 27
(Y/N) is a young alchemist who is attending Honnouji Academy that nobody knows of. One day he meets Ryuko and decides help her find her fathers kille...
25.8K 888 6
I'll try and make ayanokouji act like he does in LN and will change a bit of the story such as the manabu confrontation and sudo case and all because...