The Vice-President's Meeting

Goshujin: Wake up- It's time to wake up. We're being called upon!

Your eyelids are forced open by invisible hooks. A grey cloudy sky with no sun and no moon is the first thing you see when your vision refocuses. Cold steel and rust rub against the sleeves of your tattered and damp Honnouji Academy Uniform. Your lungs take in crisp yet stagnant air. An endless lake of swaying water soaks through your boots. 

You: Where am I?

You call out from the placid island of ignorance amidst this black lake of infinity. The last thing you can remember is slaying the Life Fiber abomination, then nothing. Black. Cold black nothing for what felt like eons. 

...: You're nowhere. You're everywhere. You're here. You're there. You're-

A cloaked figure steps out of thin air behind your chair then walks in front of you. 

...: You can stand now, you know? 

You hesitantly lean up out of the rusted chair. A searing pain in your chest twists a knot in your heart. You grab at the spot. There's a slit in your uniform at the center of your chest. No wound on your skin mirrors it.

...: Hurts- I know. I had to cut you down, hard. You didn't want to give up like the others. It wasn't pleasant for either of us. I apologize on my behalf. 

You: What in God's name are you on about? Who are you? Where am I? Where is Satsuki? Is she safe? Did I die? 

The hooded figure sighs, their cloaked body shifting away from you. 

...: You're outside of your own story. 

You: That only confuses me more. Stop with the bullshit and tell me what I want to know!

...: I owe you many answers. More than I can answer. Long story short-

I am your creator. The one that brought you into existence. I wove you into existence to live and love and fight and adventure. 

You: How did you do that? 

...: Do what?

You: Talk like that. You spoke but- you didn't. 

...: That was me just messing with you. But really, I am quite literally your creator. I am the one responsible for the development of your story. A fun yet dark tale of duty and dedication when faced with unyielding odds unlike your world has ever seen. 

You: You're... God?

...: No. I simply built on the foundations laid out by others. You were the last tale I truly lost myself in. A story I wished to see through to the end- but I ultimately failed to do just that. 

The figure turns back to you. It reaches into its cloak and takes out a deck of cards. 

...: I started this journey as a strange, confused, and... lost... individual. Disturbed in ways I never knew. Gifted with an ability I hardly understood at the time. The gift became a curse. Then a gift. Then a curse. Then- it became my whole reality when I learned the brutal nature of it. I created one story based on what that gift latched onto. Then, I created another; Your predecessor. Then, I created you. All because of this- 

The figure pulls out a single card from his deck.